~*~JUNE 09 CHECK IN~*~for Tuesday, 6/23~*~*

Boingo1

Cathlete
Hey Girls!

I'm up early! Wanted to sneak in a weight workout before craziness gets underway. We're not leaving until noontime-ish anyways...

I'm either going to attempt HSTA again, or look at the BC/ME premix...

Gonna miss you guys this week!!

I'll defnitely have a Hershey Kiss in each one of your honor!! :p

Have fun Chris!!! Great job getting that workout in today..

Hi everyone!!

Not sure what I will end up with today. My foot feels good right now. But, I am afraid to do any cardio that might make it sore again. I thought I would do the pyramid workouts today and tomorrow and add in a little elliptical for some cardio. So, that is what I have planned for the next couple of days. I am hoping by Thursday I can hit cardio for the rest of the week..

Ok, not too much going on..Lauren has her last drawing lesson until the fall today. So, Chris and I will run some errands during that time!!

Talk to you later..

I did do HSTA, because the BC/ME Premix didn't have any info as to how long it was , so I didn't want to just go blindly into it.

HSTA pushed me BIG time! :eek: It felt good to get through it, though, since I couldn't finish it last time...

Kathy: Sounds like a good plan for taking it easy on your ankle. I love the Pyramids, haven't done those in forever!

Okay, i really need to get some stuff done here!!! :eek:

Chris have a good time on your vacay :D
Good for you in getting HSTA done before you go...that one is a goodie Hmmm I may need to do that one this week ;)

Kathy glad to hear your foots doing better

Today is my official rest day and I'll be leaving here shortly to take the kids in for their eye appointments and new eyewear

picture.php

Chris, wanted to wish you a wonderful vacation!!! Enjoy!! So glad everything worked out and you're able to go.

Been busy, busy, busy. Weekend was good. Went to Greek Fest again on Sunday with the neices and nephews. No storms this time!

We finally joined the pool last night. Summer has finally arrived with a vengeance. Temps in the 90s. The kids loved the pool. There is a 3 foot pool that is perfect for Caitlyn. She loved and the boys had a blast. I think we'll be spending alot of time there.

I'm feeling blah - didn't sleep too well. Can't even remember what workout I did yesterday!! Oh, KCM's Bootcamp - had to think for a moment!! I'm planning to run on the treadmill during lunch, I'm sure that will make me feel better.

Kathy, take it easy on that foot! Do you know how you hurt it? Elliptical sounds like a good idea.

Hi Vilma - enjoy your rest day!

Waves to Beth and Hottie!!

BBL...
Joanne

Chris, with this crowd, you should make it a bag of kisses in each of our honor! :D Are you packed?!

Kathy, you should probably take it easy on your ankle/foot for as long as you can -- that upcoming visit from your relatives might be a blessing in disguise!

Vilma, I thought about you this morning -- I did a kbell workout -- an actual dvd -- that empire one -- it was good! I may go for a walk with larry in a bit.

Kids have swim lessons this afternoon. They're supposed to be in art camp this week, but it seems to be kind of geared toward younger kids, so I may not make them go back. I don't know -- such a tough call sometimes. There's a kid Travis' age who is there helping his mom teach the class! I don't know what to do.....

later... have a great time, Chris!!

-Beth

LALALAALALA!... still hanging around! LOL!!!

All packed, just need to throw some things in the car...

I'm booking our hotel for Maryland now...

Vilma: Eyewear... sounds like an expensive day! :eek: You'll have to do HSTA this week and let me know what you think next week.. I want a full report! LOL!...

Joanne: Oh I sure hope that weather is headed to PA and MD!!! It is ONCE AGAIN , cloudy and gloomy here. I will need antidepressants soon if this crap doesn't stop! It's almost 4th of July , already!! .....

I take on your bag o' Kisses challenge, Beth!!!

omg, someone kick me!...!!!

::kicks Chris::

Ha! I have not been to Hershey Park in almost 15 years! I hope its still as awesome as I remember it. I used to think it was really funny driving there, seeing all the cows (I don't know why but I really like looking at cows while I'm in the car protected from their scent) and just driving until you're THERE! Chocolate heaven. I mean, come on, its an amusement park dedicated to chocolate. Though, I guess some people would like the amusement park dedicated to beer in Virginia more. I hope you have an awesome time with your family and get extra sick off of chocolate -- but only for me, ok? You have to counteract that HSTA with some really good calories! Make it COUNT!!!

Sorry I've been MIA -- I've dealt with the most annoying passive aggressive drama ever hence forth known as "the microwave story." I've only tortured Beth with the details (though not the craptastic resolution) -- if you ever want a story to contrast against your incredibly passive aggressive coworker, just let me know. Then Evee managed to body check on my Saturday. Just running around at full GREYHOUND speed and decided she was going to go THROUGH me instead of AROUND me. She hit me on the side of my right knee and then I don't know what she did to my left ankle but I was eating dirt a couple seconds later. Fun! So, I was out of commission for Saturday and mostly Sunday (though I think sunday was a bit of not wanting to either). Yesterday, I was just lazy about working out and then ate a ton at home, but this morning Imax2 pulled me out of my exercise depression and now I feel re-energized. Going to get back on the rotation with CLX BC1 hopefully later today too. I told Joe, "you know I thought IM2 was going to be harder because I've not done cardio in a couple days but I dunno, it was easier to push harder and longer. Do you think its because I had five days of rest?" Joe: ::staring blankly:: "What do you think, genius?" SMACK.

Kathy - I hope your foot improves but it sounds like you have a plan going! When you talk about some of Lauren's classes, sometimes I want to sign up for them too btw!

Vilma -- Ahhh, eye appts. As someone who was (unduly) forced to wear bifocals at the age of 7, I know how much they can suck. What's weird is that my DH who stares at a computer all day, still retains better than perfect vision. So, I hope my children will get that from him at least.

Joanne-- hmmm, Chicago in the summer...I've never experiences it but Joe always said he preferred LA heat to Chicago heat. I guess you guys have humidity there on top of the heat. Is this like a Y pool? Have fun on your TM run!

Beth -- I really wish I knew how to swim. Like, I can float, and I can even go forward but I haven't figured out how to coordinate breathing and swimming so I can go back and forth to a lap on ONE breath! I really do want to learn how to swim though because its supposed to be super awesome fantastic low impact exercise which would be perfect for when you're pregnant (and yes, we've been talking about that more recently). And I totally went to one of those art classes too I think at Travis' age...it was geared for someone younger and the person teaching me didn't really know what was going on...I didn't care for it -- I just spent more time at the library.

Hee hee -- I'm walking around lab wearing my 10lb vest today. It does make your posture better!

Chris, I'm sure you're on your way to the land of chocolate by now!! mmmmmmm.......it must smell fantastic there!

Beth, yes, I haven't forgotten about that beer! ;)

Hottie, is Evee a greyhound? Or, does she just run as fast as one? Sorry she put you out of commission! I'm paranoid that's going to happen to me some time when I'm running with Tully. She has almost tripped me a couple times. I wonder if she'd be like Lassie and run home to get help for me? Or, go off to chase squirrels? Imax2 is a definite mood booster! LOL at working in your 10lb vest! Sending baby dust your way! ;) The pool is our suburb's pool. It's nice - it has three different pools. They do things like movie nights and family nights, which should be fun. Don't feel bad - I can't swim either. Can't float, nothing. I've had this fear of water ever since I can remember. I seriously think I had some traumatic water experience as a kid that no one is telling me about!

Beth, Ian has taken a couple art classes that sound the same. More geared toward younger kids. He really loves art and is good at it, but I haven't found an outlet for him yet. I know, I never know whether to make the kids follow through on stuff like that. I signed up both Colin and Jameson for a soccer camp this week. They both said they wanted to go, but yesterday Colin was crying and throwing a fit saying he didn't want to go. I felt bad forcing him to go - it's supposed to be fun. He said last year it was too hot. Well, of course it's going to be in the 90s all week. He did say he had fun when I picked him up yesterday.

I did 3 miles on the treadmill with itread 21. Feel much better.

Joanne -- Evee is part greyhound and pit (which both are very obvious) and we believe part lab (which isn't as obvious). So, yeah, the speed of a greyhound plus the force of a pitbull. Thinking about it -- it makes sense that she nearly knocked me out but in the moment all I could think of was "OWWWWWWW." I'm glad you got that TM run in. I think I wouldn't mind a run right now...it may be the only thing capable of waking me up!

Well, the art camp called about half an hour after we should have been there! They wanted to know what the problem was, etc. It was kind of strange! So, I'll take them back tomorrow and tell them to keep my boys busier. I think part of the problem is that this is all encompassing -- that is, music/singing/dancing/theater along with hands-on art. My boys are all about the hands on. Oh well!!

Swimming lessons were awesome! First time the boys have ever enjoyed them, and they seem to be making progress. I'm really happy about that!!

Hottie, you should have gone to MIT instead of CalTech -- they have a swim test requirement in order to graduate!

-Beth

Beth -- hehehe -- I WANTED to go to MIT instead of Caltech but MIT wouldn't give me a dime and Caltech almost gave me a full ride! But its ok, I gave up my chance to be forced to learn how to swim so I could meet Joe because Joe chose Caltech over MIT (for similar reasons!). Do you know, there are a couple students who are always "wet" at commencement because they basically do a speed swim test the morning of commencement? One of my friends was one of them!

Did not know that part -- that's funny. Another related funny story, and it brings us full circle.... the only reason Travis agreed to these swim lessons is because I told him about the MIT requirement.

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.