~*~JUNE 09~*~Check In For Tuesday, 6/9

OMG..what a dreary rainy day!! It is POURING outside and so dark out. I seriously could roll up in a ball on the couch and go back to sleep...

Doesn't help that I only got 3 hours sleep yesterday, and I set my alarm for 12:15 am for Zach's sugar check, and opened my eyes and it was 1:30 :eek:! happened again when my alarm went off at 5:35a, opened my eyes and it was 6:20!!!

I'm very discombobled..

Not sure what cardio I'm going to do today. On the rotation is MIC. Oh. MIC. Not sure I'm in the mood for THAT one today... I might try Tracy Staehle's Step & Hi/Lo (forget the name of it).

Beth: Sounds like a crazy day yesterday...I bet the talent show was fun(ny)!. That's crazy that myfitnesspal says 2100 calories! That's what was driving me crazy last week, finding somewhere that was accurate in figuring out how much I should be eating. Someone had told me that Tom Venuto's (Burn the Fat) formula was pretty accurate. IF you're interested , here's the website. At the bottom you can click on the formula and just put your numbers in. Only thing is , I think it's best to know your approx (or exact) Body Fat %.

http://www.freedomfly.net/Articles/Nutrition/nutrition14.htm

Vilma: Hope you got some rest last night! It's just crazy how our kids turn into "preteens/teens" in the blink of an eye! My son never cared about what clothes he wore, now he's much more picky. ASKED me to buy him some plaid cargo shorts. I'm like, :eek:, you care about that now? LOL!

Oohhhh it's so dark out!... I don't want to work out... will be a definite push today

Edited to say, I sure used the word "crazy" enough in my post! ...LOL!!!

Last edited:
Hey Chris!!

I was up grading the kids lessons from yesterday. Hubby was sleeping and the computer is in the bedroom. So, I was being nice to not wake him..Thanks for starting us out..

Ok, today is a cardio day. I am planning to do Amy BEnto's kickbox xtreme...

Be back later..

Good morning! Chris, a rainy, dreary day in bed sounds like the ticket -- especially after your night, which mirrored my own! I would love a rainy, dreary day to stay in bed, but alas..... more craziness on tap today. I did not sleep well again, either. I have to drop off the kids and then zoom down to work for a little while, zoom back up to school for the first grade "thank you volunteers" lunch. It just occurred to me that maybe I am supposed to be contributing some food to this lunch -- it's hard to imagine the teacher would do it all herself, isn't it? But I have no idea! There is an academic achievement assembly this morning that I am going to have to miss -- so much stuff at the end of the year!!!

Ok, you are going to think I am stark, raving nuts, but I did plyo legs this morning. I guess it was the lack of sleep -- you know, it's tradition. Not exactly shocking it, though! I didn't work the legs very much yesterday, and wanted some combination of cardio and legs, so plyo legs seemed to fit the bill. Crazy, I know -- but, I was pleased to see that I got through it quite easily compared to the first time I did it! Hey Chris, in this circuit rotation you are doing, are you alternating cardio with circuit days? Do you ever do circuits two days in a row, is what I'm really wondering? And Hottie, I may have misunderstood your question yesterday -- it seemed like you had done cardio, but then wondered about circuits with clx. I definitely think it's ok to do cardio on the same day as clx. I never did it that way, but I think lots of people did.

You know, I think that 2100 calories is not really all that far off for me for maintenance. I think I have a crazy metabolism that lets me eat more than other people do -- I should watch it though, because it's probably going to slow down, and like everyone else, it would be nice to be five pounds lighter. But, I do not gain with quite a lot of calories (it seems like) going in me! Ok, I've probably just really ruined it by talking about it and suddenly tomorrow I'll be five pounds heavier!!! :p

Off to the races, I think!

-Beth

Hi ladies! Add me to the discombobulated crowd!! I didn't sleep well and this week is all messed up schedule-wise. DH is on days for the week for training. I'm not used to him sleeping with me during the week and he snores horribly. I don't sleep well because of it on the weekends. Last night I finally stormed out of bed at 12:30am and unplugged the alarm clock to bring downstairs. He wakes up and asks me what's going on, what's wrong?? I tell him I can't sleep, he's snoring, he insists he wasn't. How the heck would you know - you were sleeping!!! Ugh!! Couldn't get comfortable on the couch and was starving for some reason. I refused to eat at 2:00, finally fell asleep around 3:30. The alarm went off at 5:30 for my workout - no, not happening - too freaking tired! :( I'm going to try to do a short itread at lunch, we'll see if I have the energy.

Vilma, I know it's so sad to see them grow up! Ian is going to middle school next year too. He was sad yesterday saying he was going to miss his old school. I felt bad for him. He's been a bit quiet and withdrawn the last week or so and I didn't catch on to what was bugging him. He finally told me yesterday. He'll love the new school and do fine, but I know it's tough to change.

Beth, I think I can probably maintain around 2,000 calories if I'm working out. Unfortunately I'm probably going over that everyday. You're not crazy - I've thought about doing Plyo Legs, too! It's cardio and legs all in one. I'm probably going to add it in every once in awhile. I've wondered about doing two circuits in a row, too. Probably OK to do every once in awhile, but not every week.

Chris, I know I certainly couldn't handle MIC today!! It's wet and dreary here today, too. The kids are home with MIL today - they're probably all going to drive each nuts in the house!

Thanks for the nice words about Caitlyn. She is a sweetie, but, boy can she drive me nuts sometimes! Mom, mom, mom, mom, mom - hundreds of times a day!!

Must go do some work...

Joanne

Hey again!

Post-workout, pre-grocery shopping (procrastinating!)...

Okay, my mind is mush, I meant and DID MINDY MYLREA's ACTION PACKED Step & Hi/Lo. Why the heck did I say Tracy Staehle? I really like this Mindy, it was a fun workout and when I looked at my watch and saw 51 minutes, I couldn't believe I was almost done! even the hi/Lo was "fun"!!! She is cute and funny and full of freakin energy, that girl. Wow.

Kathy: Hope you loved your Kickbox today!!! Looks like we're on the same schedule of cardio/circuit this week!

Beth: OMG, you did Plyo Legs? LOL! You are a nut! But now I'm wondering if I want to do that one this week for my cardio? hmmmmmmm......:rolleyes: . Funny how we all slept like crap last night. we should have called each other! ... You keep reminding me, I really need to think about getting end of the year gifts for the teachers. What do you guys usually get for them? I was thinking Staples GCs. But that seems so boring... No, Beth, I haven't done 2 circuits in a row. The Circuit City rotation is set up as alternating days of circuit and cardio. I guess you could. Like yesterday's Circuit for me was quite tame, I probably could do another one today. I wouldn't do it all the time though. I'm still stuck on the idea that this rotation has got my scale moving. And I'm pissed at myself that I believed in the 3 day split for so long! I know it's not my eating, since my eating SUCKED this weekend and the scale is still down. ...

Joanne: 2 words for you: Ear Plugs!! I use them on the weekend when Greg and I sleep together. Plus it helps block out the boys' noise during the day when I'm trying to sleep. Your poor little Ian. It's WICKED hard for ME to send my kids to Middle School, if they felt sad about it, it would break my heart. As it is, our elementary school is breaking up next year, which makes me soooo sad. 4th and 5th grade are going to be combined into another elementary school further away. So that means my 2 younger boys will be in 2 different schools. Juniper Park (their current school) has always been like home for them and me. Alex will be going to the new school, and he says he doesn't like it either. I guess we'll all adapt eventually.

Soooo, right after my workout, my supervisor called me to ask me about a medication and a patient this weekend. Apparently the freakin pharmacy mislabeled a medication and I gave it! Fack fack fack! THAT is THE worst feeling as a nurse, it really is. Everything was right though, we even have a scan system where we scan the patient's bracelet and then the medication and it showed up on the computer as a match! The only thing the supervisor said I should have noticed the pill looked different. .. I feel horrible.. :(

MUST go to the grocery store now.. .MUST MUST MUST!

Joanne! Sorry you slept so badly! I almost skipped the workout, too, but I'm glad it's done and I don't have to think about it, because I never do it later, as I've mentioned!!

Chris, next year is going to be a tough adjustment for all of you! Wow! We may have combined 4th & 5th too. I was against it at first, but then the principal talked about these kids -- if any kids could ever handle a combined class, these two grades could do it, and it would free up a teacher to be an aid that floats to all the classrooms. We'll see. Theoretically Travis would have two excellent teachers for fifth grade (they split up science/math & language arts/social science), and one of them he had for third grade, so I would sort of like that arrangement.

On the end of the year gifts.... for Dylan's class, everyone went in on a gift, so that was taken care of for me. For Travis, one teacher I went in with someone else for a restaurant gift certificate (she likes to go out to eat apparently), and the other I just now printed an amazon gift certificate. I like amazon because it allows them to get pretty much anything they could want (plus, I don't have to go anywhere!). I do like to write everyone thank you's, but I haven't done that yet.

Ok, I need to work...... thanks for the circuit advice C&J.

-Beth

Well, it seems that to all you women who didn't sleep in from having a crappy night and did your workouts -- I slept in (sort of) for you. Joe and I tried CLX BC#1 last night. It did not go so well for us because mostly we weren't sure how to do everything and we had no idea what weights to pull out (and Joe takes up more space than he need to). I want to give it another shot today...either by doing the exercises at the school gym or when I come home tonight. Evee started whining before 5a today. We tried to resist (Joe is much better at sleeping through than me) but after 30-40min of it, we relented and Joe tried to take her outside. He opened the door and she looked at him like, why would I want to go out there? I want to play!!!!! So, we went back to bed to catch just a little sleep, but then she started getting lonely. Then I just packed up the couch to show her that she's not alone which obviously meant climb on to the couch and slobber me to death. Joe came in to find me hiding underneath a blanket from her tongue. We took our time with a "power" breakfast and played with her before encountering not crappy traffic on the freeway. Now, the visiting professor in our lab took my innocuous trip to the gym for later today meaning me joining him to his insane spinning class. BC#1 may not have done much last night except in my butt with those lunges. Ouch...spinning. I haven't mastered protecting my crotch in that exercise yet...

Chris -- Mindy Mylrea cracks me up! I ripped some of her workouts before, I'd love to try it again. Life has been so crazy lately that I really haven't had time to learn new routines. I'm really silly -- I take new DVDs to work with me and I plop them in my notebook and set it up on my lab bench as I work so I can learn the cardio moves faster or get a sense of how a weight workout will be. It's actually how some people know about Cathe at work because they saw her on my computer. I'm so sorry about the medication mixup. I want to say don't feel bad but I understand it isn't going to change it. ::hugs:: your work still impresses me greatly.

Kathy -- have fun with that workout. I was planning on doing a kickboxing thing if my body was up for it in the morning. Now, I still want to sleep.

Beth -- no worries about the cardio + CLX. The cardio really helps my juices flowing in the morning and really helps with my sinusitis so I think I'm going to try to do cardio in the mornings but I will tweak how much I do based on the CLX workout. I think 2100 hundred makes sense for active people. When they did this human study on CR (calorie restriction), CR was considered 1500-1700kcal/day (the CR percentage though was based on an "average" American diet for 3000-3500kcal/day). Everyone's individual metabolism is why I feel 1200 is an arbitrary number for the metabolic switch. I think I can maintain at 1800 which sucks because I would LURVE to eat more. But I have too many days in front of a computer or at a desk reading/writing. Too sedentary. It's rainy here too but now I go, "free water for the lawn!"

Joanne -- I didn't have a chance to say this yesterday but my gosh, Caitlyn is FREAKING adorable. In fact, she's so cute I wouldn't even be surprised if you said she's evil because she just looks sooooo cute. (I have this theory that the cutest people are in fact evil. I'm certain your child is not evil, but she is cute! And now you think I'm crazy...)

Man, its taken me over an hour to write this because I keep on getting distracted with WORK. Sheesh. Don't they know better? Priorities!

Hottie, I love your Evee stories!! Tully will do the same thing - whine at night and you think she has to go out. No, she just wants you to tell her it's OK to get up on the bed. ;) Took us awhile to figure that one out! Aawww, thanks for the kind words about Caitlyn. Actually, her brother Colin does think she's evil. ;) If I could get away with it, I'd take DVDs to work to preview.

Beth, I wish I could say the same as you - that I did my workout, but no, I wimped out!! Just too tired and foggy-brained. Probably would have done me good, though. OK - I feel so guilty - I didn't do teacher gifts at the end of the year this time. I did write really nice thank you notes to them, but just didn't get my act together to get the gifts. I wish I would have thought of the Amazon gift certificates.

Chris, I was wondering which Tracy Staehle workout you were talking about! ;) I figured you'd come back and tell us! I like Mindy, too. She's fun and a nice change of pace. Pretty tough, too. So, your boys will all be at different schools next year? That stinks. It's so hard watching them go through changes and hoping they adapt and are happy. I really think Ian will like the new school once he gets into it. They have so many clubs and activities. He's made a lot of really good friends this year and I know he's sad he won't be with them anymore. Most of them will be at the same school, but it's a huge school and they tend to separate the kids from the same grade schools for some reason. So sorry about the med mix-up. I know you know it's not your fault, but you still feel bad. It's got to be so difficult to keep all that stuff straight.

Back to work....

Joanne

Hi!

Afternoon crazies here. It's still dreary out, and we're waiting to see if Zach's bball game will be canceled, usually they do if there's been rain, because the field gets flooded, but they haven't called yet! :eek: :confused: DH will take him , I'll stay home with the other 2. It is way to dreary to have the younger 2 running around and whining...

Beth: I think I gave you the wrong idea. Our 4th and 5th grade aren't combining together, they are just moving to another elementary school. Is that what you meant? I'm confused, it's that kind of day here. Our current elementary school is owned by the college and the town apparently says the rent is too high, so they're only going to rent 1/2 of the school for K-3. *sigh*. Messed up. .. Oh the Amazon.com GC is a good idea too. And easy to do!

Hottie: Oh my ! Evee sure keeps you on your toes! She probably was ready to go back to the doggie park at 5am, aren't you??? I remember riding Greg's bike in the autumn of last year, and that "crotch" soreness is unforgetable. I'm not sure I'd like that spinning crotch either! :eek: I'm glad I went out of the box and did Mindy. She is fun and she seems like she'd go on forever if you'd let her! ..... I think a good little sweaty/head clearing cardio in the morning is a great idea. Is your head feeling better today?

Joanne: LOL, Yeah, what the heck was I thinking when I said Tracey?? Our kids will be fine. Sometimes I do think they adjust better than we do. My SIL is a 4th grade teacher, and she always has said she'd much prefer a nice thank you note (from the kids themselves is even better) than a bunch of crazy gifts that half the time she can't use. She also doesn't like when families send in baked or made food for her. She's weird in that she's not sure what kind of house it came from if you know what I mean.

welp, I guess they're off to the game! ... It's good, because my brother, who is a photographer, wanted to go take some pictures of the game and Zach! And today is the last day he can do it before he goes on vacation...

.....act in the next 30 minutes and with your spinning crotch, you will get a fabulous bonus vibrating eardrum......

Another crazy long day. I feel pooped. One kid away, one extra here -- need to swap in about an hour.

Chris, I really felt for you with the wrong med story -- it's awful to screw up at work -- especially when it's not really your fault! Was the patient ok? Oh, and yes, I got the wrong idea -- I was thinking of a split class.

I have never done any Mindy workouts!

Joanne, sounds like you needed a rest day anyway.

I'm going to try to make pad thai for dinner tonight. Larry did not like last night's dinner very much -- he hates it when I make new things two nights in a row.

Oh, can I share something really gross? Stop reading if you are eating..... I went to help hang up lost & found items today (there are about a bazillion that need to be claimed). As I was trying to zip up one jacket, I noticed it had cat poop and pee on it!! Now, given we have no cats at the school, do you suppose the owner came to school wearing it like that?! Ewwwwwww! I felt like I needed a shower after that, and then someone else mentioned how they never help with this task because of lice. Sheesh! No good deed goes unpunished......

Sorry!!

-Beth

Anyone still around? I'm wondering if anyone has ever done the boot camp premix from BM2. I just previewed it and it doesn't seem all that bootcampy -- I expected the cardio/weights more interspersed, but it seems like the cardio is first, then the weights. I'll try to remember to ask again tomorrow -- this is for Friday's workout (most likely) anyway....... still tweaking!! I'm seriously starting to wonder if I should do the circuit rotation Chris is!!!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.