~*~FEB 10 Check In for THURSDAY, 2/11~*~*

Boingo1

Cathlete
Hey Everyone!!!

Just a quickie to start us off, you guys were STILL chatty last night! Gotta go back and see what you were up to.

Today is DOUBLE SHOT THURSDAY. (Wondering if you got through , Joanne?). It's Low Impact Circuit premix #4 “Upper Body Sculpt”…plus the Abs and stretch on this workout….45 minutes…PLUS…. Four Day Split Bootcamp (do only warm up and cardio portion)…approx 43 min. So that's going to be a LONG workout, but I have the time, so I'll try it. I'm kind of tired. It was supposed to be my night to sleep, and my freakin cats had me up from 2-2:30am. They were running around in our room and jumping on things. And when I closed the door , Kiwi started scratching on the door! :confused:

I'm just tired!

Gotta help get the kids out to the bus! (we got LESS THAN AN INCH Of snow, do you believe it??)

BBL

Hi ladies!

Chris, yes, we were chatty last night! The day started off slow and then sure picked up! Sometimes I think I might talk too much about personal stuff! I don't think you guys mind, but who knows who else reads this?! ;) Sometimes it's like therapy for me!

I did the LIC upper body workout, which was only 26 minutes for the weights. Then she goes right to the stretch. I skipped that and did the abs which was about 8 minutes. I wasn't up for the BC mix - it just seemed like we've been doing a lot of the same kinds of moves in the rotation and I needed a change. I did the interval workout from CLX, which was only about 26 minutes with a stretch at the end. So, it was only about an hour for me. Not a super tough workout day, but good. You know, I really like this rotation. It's really creative - I like using the premixes and mixing up workouts. Although, yesterday I was STARVING all day! Has your appetite been bigger, Chris? I've really cut down on sweets, but I allow myself something desserty or sweet just once a day. Believe me, that's an improvement over what I usually do! But, yesterday I was just so hungry. I didn't eat junk, but probably ate way too many calories. I'm trying to only eat when I'm hungry, not stressed or bored. But I was hungry yesterday!!

I was pretty bummed last night and know I kind of feel bad. We are refinancing our house and the closing was supposed to be last night at 6:30. It's tough to schedule these things with the kids going all different places and DH and I on opposite schedules. Well, they never showed up - no phone call or anything!! I get an email this morning saying the agent's father had a stroke and he had no way to get in touch with me. I totally understand his not coming - obviously something like that is way more important. But he also said he had no way to get in touch with us to tell us he wasn't coming. What???? How could he not have our phone number?? I sent a somewhat snarky email to our guy at the bank whose doing the refinance (not the agent) and said why didn't this guy have our number? It should have been given to him. What if he couldn't find the house or was running late? Just seems ridiculous. It's rescheduled for 7:00 tonight - in between dropping Jameson off and picking him up at soccer practice. UGH!!

Anyway.....waves to everyone!!

Joanne

Hi you guys! Internet suckage again this morning! I don't know when it will ever get better, too.

Wow, that was a crazy workout for you guys this morning! I totally understand modifying it, Joanne..... and I know that feeling of being really hungry from the more intense and longer workouts!

I'd be totally up for taking the more personal stuff to email if you want.... we could have a group email -- might get a little crazy, but I know what you mean about wondering who else is reading.....

What a bummer about the refinance appt., Joanne! It seems to me that someone else should have been put in charge of calling that guy's appts to reschedule! I hope everything goes smoothly tonight. The scheduling is a nightmare at times -- I know you guys are so busy running around!

I did Step Moves this morning, and I had a hard time with the steps! It was only my second time trying it, but I think I'd better be doing it once a week to get ready for the RT. Not sure I want to though. Oh well, whatever.... I can see that it could be really fun once I get the steps. It's quick, but fairly intense for a non-imax step, you know?

I'm on day 11 of no sweets! I cannot even believe I'm able to do this... just haven't really had the cravings since I told myself I just cannot have any. I'm really afraid what will happen if I do slip.....

Hey Girls!

Taking a little break, just got home from Wallly World. God , I hate that place, but it is where to get mostly everything. *sigh*

I did the workout per the rotation this morning. I thought about how 4DS BC is alot like the drills we've been doing (yesterday!), and thought maybe there was supposed to be a rest day in between these, but not so. it seems weird Cathe would be these together. I mean, BC is almost like an HiiT workout, isn't it? Those freakin fast feet on the step get me every time. And those infamous butt kicks were in it too, which I did modify, but half-heartedly. :p The LIC Upper Body Sculpt was a teeny bit easy,, I think. I'm expecting no DOMS from that. It just didn't stay on one body part for long enough. Loved the abs though. ... I wished I thought of subbing another workout, but I did do it, and I felt good that I did.

Joanne
: OMG, that is horrible about the refinance appt! I'd be so angry! ... They really should have had a way to get a hold of you. Hope it goes ok tonight with all the busy-ness. ... I know, it is kind of funny typing such personal things here. I don't think anyone I know in my personal life even knows I post here, but 'strangers', that is kind of creepy (you strangers out there, you know who you are!!! ) I don't mnd doing a email thing either. It's up to you guys. .... Oddly enough I haven't been overly hungry this week. I was LAST week though. I don't know what triggers my hunger (besides the obvious, stress and fatigue). If it's the type of workouts I do or not do. I've never noticed any trends. This rotation is def cardio heavy though!

Beth: You really must tell Larry to fix your internet , you HAVE to have access to us at all times! ;) It's an issue! ... I've only done Step Moves once too. I don't even remember it. I do know there was some skippy stuff in it. I bet if you did it once a week, you'd definitely get it down. WOW! :eek: 11 days and no sweets! That's awesome! Maybe I'll do something for Lent , like no chocolate. That would be HUGE for me, but if I'm committed to something, I would be the same as you, Beth, and "just not do it".

Going to have dinner earlier today ( I think I'm doing Lasagna), and bringing Zach to High School orientation tonight. It almost makes me sick to my stomach thinking that he's old enough to be in HS!! Where the heck did the time go? but I'm also excited about it. He was choosing some classes last night, and I just felt I couldn't give him good advice. I hope his counselor can help him. Did I tell you guys, he says he wants to become a Police Officer? Now THAT REALLY makes me sick to my stomach!! I worry now, I can't have a Police Officer for a SON, my heart can't take it. I think I'd have WAY bigger issues with stress eating!!!

*WAVES* to Hottie
!!!!!

Hmmm, funny about the two similar workouts in a row.... maybe it's part of the "shock". :eek: :D

High school orientation -- now there's some shock for you! :eek: I wouldn't worry about the police comment thought..... I imagine there's pretty high percentage of kids who don't end up doing what they say they want to when they're that age. I don't know that for sure, just intuition. Maybe take him to some career fairs in the meantime. ;)

I packed a salad for my lunch today, but forgot any dressing! Pretty boring salad! Lasagna is sounding really good right about now!

Hey Beth. Yes, tell Larry (or your service provider) to get on that Internet issue! We worry when your missing! ;) We could do a group email, how would we set it up, though? Wouldn't we all have to have the same email type (like yahoo or msn or whatever)? I don't mind posting here, though - I just have to be careful about what I say sometimes! TMI! No one I know in "real life" knows I post here, or at least I don't think they do!! Not even DH - obviously - cause of the things I write sometimes! ;) Step Moves is fun, once you get the moves. I love it. Give it a couple more tries and I bet you'll like it more each time you do it. Wow, awesome job on the no sweets!! Are you feeling more energetic? I find I feel so much better when I don't eat the junk. You'd think that would be more motivation, right? Not always, unfortunately!

Chris, yea, I did think LIC upper was a bit "easy". Oh, I hate those fast feet. And, I remembered there were more butt kicks. Probably why I subconciously decided to sub! Today I'm not so hungry. Yesterday was just crazy. No chocolate for Lent would be HUGE for me too. Mmmm, maybe we can challenge each other to do it??? Let me think about that .... don't know if I can commit to that!! Wow, a police officer! The good part is he'll probably change his mind 10 times before he's out of school! On the rotation tomorrow is 4DS Kickox. I like that workout, but I LOVE Turbokick, so I think I'm going to sub one of those. They're mailing Jameson's HS entrance exam scores out tomorrow. I imagine they'll have information about orientation and all that stuff. I know, it's crazy to think about!

Well, the closing guy called me. I feel so bad...he called to apologize and said his dad had his third stroke in two years. Can't talk or swallow - they don't know what the prognosis is. He said he couldn't use a cell phone in the hospital. I understand - having just gone through my dad's situation.

Hey strangers! ;)

Waves to Hottie and Kathy (enjoying Mickey and the sunshine!)

Joanne

If we wanted to do an email thing, someone could just start an email that has all of our addresses on it. Either way is ok for me.... I sometimes have a feeling someone from my past is stalking me here (have I mentioned that? Sorry if I'm repeating), but..... I'm not all that concerned.

Joanne, I've been thinking about you and your dad, and your mom -- how is she doing? How are you doing? Didn't want to bring it up in case that would make it worse, but since you brought it up.... well, I've been thinking about you.

P.S. Forgot to reply about how I'm feeling. Mostly I'm feeling shocked that I've managed to do this. :D But oddly, in some ways I'm feeling better, but in some ways I've just been so friggin' tired! I think I was using sugar to boost my energy, and I don't know how long it takes the body to recover once you give up that crutch. I'm hoping that being gone next week I can get some extra rest. I went to bed at something like 7:30 last night!

Perhaps a locked google group? that way you can keep the threads/convos open to us but not to anyone else and still be sent to our inbox? I feel like I'm the worst offender of bringing personal stuff here so whatever you guys want to do!

So I ended up having a weird morning. I thought we had a meeting at 11a so I couldn't lounge like I did yesterday to find that the meeting was at 1 but I still didn't want to lounge too much longer. I took Ambien last night which helped me fall asleep but as usual, I'm totally groggy when I wake up. Joe went off the work and I had asked him to call the house in ten minutes so I could get going and...he forgot. So I lose 30-50 minutes. But I did Circuit Blast again...better but not great. Can't do a lot of it...I think about lowering the step height like I did last time but then I recalled in being too easy. Do you guys think it works your upper body enough? I'm losing a lot of my strength and mass (the good kind) up there. I did want to shift to more cardio after STS but I don't want to lose everything!

My friend who is a yoga teacher in trainer is supposed to come over tonight to give me a session. I hope it goes ok.

Joanne -- I would have been really upset with the refinancing people too. I never get stuff like that. Most people are reasonable in that -- yes, of course you can't show up tonight because of that but you could let us know! At least (I hope) you're getting a good refinanced rate!

Chris -- Police Officer!? Wow! I had this desire to enter the Navy but my mother (literally) beat it out of me. I've decided that I really have to make a stretch of days where I don't eat happily. I mean, there are some restaurant days coming up but man, even thinking about lasagna is making me gain weight!

Beth -- Larry does need to get you guys better Internet! I thought you were getting a T1 or T3 line? You have to get Step Moves -- I love it! I think by having it complicated it keeps up your HR but there are people in the Intertubes that think its really low on the intensity -- whatever to me! It's still high on the fun!

Ugh...this too forever to write...and now to see if we're going to have that meeting!

High School, wow. That's all I can say. But maybe some of this stuff is sinking in for Zach. He's studying for Science right now because "I really want to do good on it". he may be BSing me and playing video games (no, he's not!), but those words are very sweet to a mother's ears!!!

You guys are all right about the Police Officer want-to-be. I'm sure he'll change his mind. I swear, I was a senior in HS and wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I kind of fell into nursing... (which turned out to be a very good fit!)

Beth: Maybe you're right about Cathe "shocking" it with those workouts. She always does seem to have a method behind her madness. ... You are a tired girl! 7:30??? Wow, I'm not sure I could wind down for 7;30!!!!

Joanne: No chocolate for Lent would be WAY HUGE for me too. WAY huge. The only thing I'm afraid of is, I'll end up eating sweet/sugary stuff to replace it (Dots, licorice, etc). But I'm thinking I might do it. .... It's ONLY for Lent!!. Even though the thought of it makes me a little anxious...Still time to think about it. OMG, YES! I want to do a Turbo Kick too! I haven't done one in a long time!!! thanks for the suggestion!!!

Hottie
: I think I may even be a member of google, but didn't know anything about groups. ... it's up to you guys. I'm ok either way! ... Good for you for getting in a workout this morning even though you were behind! I've never done Circuit Blast. Hmm. I should, but I dont' think it's on this rotation anywhere. I wish it were! I know, I think I lost muscle definition when I did circuits after STS. I mean, my arms are still in pretty nice shape, but nothing like when i was lifting heavy , even after with GS. I kind of think you have to keep up with heavy weights to keep the nicely defined arms (for me anyways)..... Good idea on beating Zach !! Thanks ;)! I like your mom!... Oh I made a VERY healthy yummy lasagna for me . I used cooked chicken breast mixed with that Light Ragu Parmesan Alfredo Sauce (about 1/2 cup is all) and I layered it with whole wheat lasagna noodles and fat free ricotta. It was soooo good! I made the boys "the real deal". LOL!

You had ICE CREAM for breakfast? I thought you had it last night! LOL!. That's when Al had his. YOu need to coordinate your snacks better! (You are so funny!!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.