~*~*JAN 09~*~*Check-In for Friday, 1/23~*~

Boingo1

Cathlete
Getting us started early today... Woke up to NO water. No shower, :(, no dishes :eek:, no toilet flushing!!:confused:

My plan for today is PS: Legs & Abs. I have that "lack of motivation" still today. I even ended up with my hand in the chocolate chips & PB Jar last night. BAD bad bad!

Not sure what the heck is going on with me!!

Will BBL to check in again....

Oh no! No water?! That's a big drag!! Hope you get it figured out. Do you have any alternate places for showers for you and hubby? I might be re-thinking those workout plans, no matter what your hamstrings are feeling like! :) Good luck!

My eating yesterday was horrible! Even though I'd had what was for me a big breakfast (though no eggs -- maybe that was my problem!), I was reaching for a butterfinger at 11:00 (the "fun" size, at least). I told the folks at work we have to go to lunch early. We went to lunch early, even that didn't help -- it just went downhill from there, and continued! I'm having my eggs now -- hope that does better for me today!

I did not want to get out of bed this morning! I do not usually feel that way. Chalene, is this your fault?! Ug. But I did, and fortunately her workouts are brief, because even though I stayed in bed an extra 10, I did BC 3 (shoulders mostly) and then still had time for 200 kbell swings with my heavy bell. By the time I did all that, I just wanted to do more, but that was enough. When I was swinging the kbell, I put on 4DS LIS warmup just to hear the music and think of you guys -- "c'mon and do it!"

Vilma, how are you feeling? Hopefully a little stronger today -- day by day....

I'm off to the dentist later (yuck!) and this afternoon my playdate karma has paid off -- both by kids are booked -- whooo-hoooo!! So, I either have a longer work day or I'm off to costco to replenish my dwindling zipfizz supply. Have a great day everyone!

-Beth

Beth and Chris, sounds like you both need a pick-me-up! OK, pick me up and let's go out for drinks! OK, bad joke, I know - just trying to cheer you up! ;)

Chris, do you have the OSIF blues? ;) What happened with your water? Hopefully it's back soon. That's the worst - you don't realize how often you use it till it's out.

Beth, yea for playdate karma!! Caitlyn is going over to a friend's house after school - but not the one who was over Monday. Jameson had two friends over this weekend - maybe he'll get some invites this weekend! I did BC3 today to and felt like I could do more afterwards. I'm not seeing a difference physically (eating too bad), but I definitely feel stronger. I went up a couple pounds on some of the exercises. I think I may go to the gym during lunch and run on the treadmill.

Vilma, great to "see" you again! You're doing the right thing by resting - take it easy and before you know it you'll be swinging those bells again!

Hottie, my parents are the same way - don't really want an outsider coming in. It's more of they like to do their own thing and don't want to have to "entertain" someone. Yesterday went OK with my dad. DH picked him up and he got home fine. DH helped them out during the day. Today the caretaker starts. She told my mom she'll be able to get him out of bed with this belt thing. I need to go over there when she's there so I can see how she does it so I can do it.

Quiet weekend for us - I think, something always seems to come up though. Have to do some cleaning max and laundry max. No CCD on Sunday - whew!!!! We can all sleep in hopefully.

BBL...

Joanne

OSIF! Ok, I may find that funnier than I should.

It's a workout at the school gym followed by the yoga class is the plan. Also, I hope DH and I can workout in the evening. He has a harder time later in the day to work out unless I'm doing it with him so I hope I have the energy to motivate him later. It's been a hard week for me this week so getting through to the end of it feels pretty good. I have to work for some time on Sunday but I don't mind that at all.

Chris -- OMG, no water?? Eww to no toilet flushing...and don't you have mostly boys (I seem to recall not having water for toilet flushing was worse when there were more boys in the house!). I munched last night too Chris though at least I kept it semi at bay. I would rethink the workout until water comes back too!

Beth -- that's really cute how you put on the LIS music while you're doing your swings. I don't like the dentist either but it reminds me that I have to make appts for me and Joe. Did you guys get rain up there? We have some down here in...

Joanne -- gl with your parents. Is the belt thing like something for support? I'm having a hard time imagining it. I made my husband do KitchenMax last night and I'm trying to think of a way to make him do LaundryMax tonight...

Hope you feel better Vilma!

Checking back in with itread 21 done - 35 minutes! Yea me! Boy, I had to talk myself into going down and doing it! I haven't run in months, so I was afraid I'd pass out or something! But, I was fine - didn't feel like I lost any endurance.

Hi Hottie! That's alot of workouts you have planned today. Will you do weights with your DH? I haven't actually seen this belt thing yet, but my mom said the girl will use it to get him from the bed to the wheelchair. My mom said this girl is tiny - not sure how this is going to work, but she said she's lifted plenty of patients similar in size to my dad. I'm going to call my mom in a bit and see how the first day went, the girl should be leaving soon. Getting old and/or sick sucks! I think I've mentioned that before!!

I'm a bit concerned about my DH. I think I mentioned the doctor prescribed high blood pressure medication for him? Well, he's refusing to take it. Says his BP is high because he's too stressed and doesn't have any time to take care of himself. He's going to try to control it with diet and getting back to swimming. He is probably about 50 pounds overweight now. He's right about why it's high, but I'm telling him why not take the medication and try to get healthier at the same time? Maybe in a few months he wouldn't need it. He says he feels like an old person taking the medication. UGH!! Men!

Joanne

Oh my gosh! I was in such a panicky/anxious mood this morning with this adversion to doing "PS: LEGS & ABS"... Ended up there was a water break down the street last night, and we had water, but it was full of air. I called the Water Dept and they came right away this morning. I was shocked! they blew some air out of the hydrant and even though I'm getting sputters every now and then , the water is ON!

Still feeling like NOT doing PS: LEGS , I headed out , once again, to Walmart (perscription) and groceries.

I came home, still feeling like I was in a 'tizzy'. So I ate a snack and headed down to do some TURBO JAM. Yeah baby, punching, kicking , spitting (LOL!), jamming, it felt good. I even used weighted gloves(ouch!). Oh that felt good! And i feel better. Just have a lot of nervous energy!

THANK you guys, for making me feel better about my PB/CHOC/FLUFF (yes I had Fluff too!) gnoshing!

Today I feel like eating for hunger. so that's good!

Beth: Your workout sounds great! I know, i almost always wake up and NOT want to do a workout. I don't know how you guys do it so early! That is very funny how you put on LIS ... I would totally miss Cathe for that long too! The payback playdate is cool! "Enjoy" the dentist. Well, maybe enjoy the waiting room!?!?

Hottie: OSIF is right!! maybe that's my problem!?!? Have I ever mentioned SHIM (So Happy it's Monday!) !!!!

Well, the toilet flushed this AM, but it was so scary all the air noise it made! Thankfully, because I drank coffee and I was probably the biggest "toilet user" this morning! LOL!!! Your workouts sound fun at the gym. I don't know how you are motivated to work out twice a day! Your DH is a lucky guy!

Joanne: I love your "pick me up for drinks". I swear, that's what I need, a night out with drinks and forget about all the crap at home! I bet things work out with your dad at home. It's good that someone is there to get him out of bed. But who will get him in bed? He must appreciate SO much being home! WOW! you did 2 workouts too?? Hi-5's!!! I'm a little leary about CLX hearing you guys talk about it now. That it's possibly not enough? that it gets monotonous doing the same workouts? Or maybe I'm just making things up!?!
UGH, Men,..they're so stubborn when it comes to "modern medicine". Can you maybe get or borrow an at home Blood pressure cuff to show him that he needs the medicine UNTIL he loses the weight and gets healthier? Does he know what can happen with uncontrolled high blood pressures? Tell him some horror stories!

Going to go get myself geared up for the boys to come home! I think I'll go clean some, i'm still wired :eek:!

Chris, that's great that you have water! If I don't do a workout when I get up - it's not going to happen! At least the days I'm at home. Even if there's an opportunity (kids or DH not bugging me ;)) I just can't get motivated. I think it's the changing and showering again thing. Lots of kicking and punching is good for getting out your frustrations! PS Legs is effective, but not alot of fun! My DH is very stubborn, even more so than most men I've met! I try to tell him how dangerous it is, but he's starting to get mad when I bug him about it. Maybe I can crush up the pills and stick them in his food? Just kidding....kind of! ;)

I talked with my mom and she said things were going good and bad. The bad was they gave my dad 16 prescriptions when he left. Yikes! My mom takes them in to the pharmacy - they call the doctor and the doctor refuses to fill them because he hasn't seen my dad. What??? This is the doctor at the nursing home and you'd think the nursing home would inform this doctor that they were giving my dad these prescriptions under his name??? WTH?? It's like they've never released a patient before with medications? It's a rehab place too, so they do have people who actually leave. The doctor wants my mom to bring my dad in and she says he's bedridden, how can I get him there?? She called my DH and he went over the nursing home and raised holy hell and the doctor approved the medications. Craziness. My poor mom said she about had a nervous breakdown last night trying to figure out the timing and what all these medications were. The good is she just loves the girl who is the caretaker. She came today and took great care of my dad, did some laundry and cleaned the bathrooms. I told my mom if she gets bored, send her down to my house! She gets my dad out of bed and puts him back in before she leaves at 1:00. So, at least he has some time out of bed. I'm going over Monday so I can see how she does it and hopefully be able to do it myself. They're getting a hospital bed, so that'll make things a bit easier. How sweet (and sad at the same time) is this? My dad doesn't want the hospital bed because he wants my mom to sleep next to him. Aww - married 50 years and still wanting to snuggle! OK....sorry for the rambling again...if anyone is still listening. ;)

Chris, I think I might be giving you the wrong impressions of CLX. I'm not seeing results because I'm eating like a pig. I'm so mad at myself. Way too many sweets. It's almost like I'm subconsciously sabotaging myself. Why? But the last few days I'm cutting them out - not entirely, but not eating them all day like I was. I really do feel stronger and that's just after two weeks doing it. I'm not bored with the weight workouts, but I feel like I need more cardio. It's just 'cause I'm used to doing it at least four times a week and with the rotation you only do it twice. The cardios are OK, but I would get bored doing them for 12 weeks - so I'll start substituting probably after this week.

Beth, how was the dentist?

Hi ladies..

Checking in today with Legs & Glutes..Great workout..

Not much else going on..I was baking today. Chris' birthday is Tuesday (9 years old!!) and we are doing a party for him at the bowling alley tomorrow. So, I made up cupcakes and goody bags for that...

Chris: Glad your water is back on..I am having one of those bad eating days today..I am trying to distract myself from eating any more...It is hard as I decorate cupcakes and put candy in goody bags. Today is a bad day for that kind of work!!

Joanne: Great job with the running!! I have been doing that laundrymax too. Need to vacuum. But, not feeling inspired for that...We were off CCD this week too and next week.

Hottie: It is great that you have a workout buddy. I tried to get my daughter to do something with me and she talks or distracts me. I guess I am so used to doing it alone..

Beth: My bad eating day was today. I kept feeling hungry!!UGH!! I am trying to control it now...How wonderful to have playdates to keep the kids busy..We need some of those too. Although, they do see their friends during their afternoon activities most days..Hope the dentist went well..

Hi Vilma and anyone else that happens by today...

Talk to you later..

well, back from the gym and the yoga class. I wanted to go easy at the gym so I could have energy reserves for later tonight. Crap, that yoga class was hard! I was shaking the whole time and just gave up on some of the poses near the end (so did some of the rest of the class when we all "guffawed" at the same time). Part of my problem I think are my incredibly weak shoulders and all the pressure put on them. But its a challenge right? That's how I'm trying to look at it.

Chris - that's great you have water and you got your workout in. I really want to have morning workouts. I wish I could be like Joe and just go as soon as I wake up but I think I need to have my blood flowing or something. I feel better when I delay coming into work so I do a Cathe workout. I guess I feel like I started the day off the right way. Tell me husband he's lucky, PLEASE! Seriously, I'm motivated because I really want him to get healthier. He has that thing where he has all belly fat and I just keep on reading about how its a bad indicator so I get nervous. If doing will get him to do it, then sure...and also, sometimes I only have to go 15min before I crap out but he'll keep on going because he has momentum. So whatever tricks him into it!

Joanne -- man...if your DH was a friend of mine, I think I would have slapped him by now! Or at least thought of something mentally debilitating to force him to take the meds (that is more my style). I have absolutely no tolerance for that kind of argument out of anyone. You can ask anyone close to me, being stupid is the WORST sin to me (followed second closely with lying for no good reason), and I just can't understand people who won't take meds. Not saying your husband is stupid, but just about taking his meds btw! Every person on my mother's side is diabetic, EVERY SINGLE ONE, and when my mother's blood sugar started having issues and she wouldn't go to the doctor, my sister and I started a full out assault on her. She eventually relented and whaddya know? She's the only one in her family who doesn't have take insulin shots. But I suppose the empathetic frustration doesn't help you really...maybe you can point out that by taking the meds its actually delaying the aging process on his body? I mean, if he feels "old" taking the meds then maybe he'd be happy to hear that the quicker his body gets to a healthier state its more like "youthening?" That may be to academic. Or you could do what I do...with hold you know what. :) Yeah, its sad but if its for his own good, I'll resort to that for super important things. It's truly the adult-female equivalent of holding your breath. Ack - now you all think I'm a terrible wife!

Beth, I hope your mouth isn't hurting too much!

Off to pretend to do science...

I'm back -- everyone's so chatty today -- I love it! On the eating topic -- I swear we are somehow all in a little bit of sync here with our eating. Kathy, for me, too, it was that I really felt hungry. But, I used the wrong kind of "fuel" as Chalene calls it.

The dentist was fine -- just a cleaning. But, my day was hijacked by a dying cat. Yes, folks, the cat who wouldn't die is on his last leg. It's sad, but it is his time, finally. So, Larry made me come home from work so the cat can sit on my lap, which he is, and we're taking him to the vet at 4:00 to see if the vet can tell if there's any suffering going on. It's so hard to know what to do. He's barely here, so it may not take him long to die, but if he's suffering, well, we don't want that. Anyway.....

On the husbands taking meds issue.... Joanne, I sympathize, but not sure what to tell you except to keep trying since you know how important it is. I hope that he will see the light.

Happy Birthday to 9 year old Chris! Hope you all enjoy the party, Kathy!

-Beth

Beth, I am starving too!! Stopping myself from taking my sorry butt to the vendor machine to get something not good for me!! I leave here in about 15 minutes - I can hang on. But, I'll probably scarf down dinner. So sorry about your cat. :( Hope he's not suffering too much. How are the kids handling it?

Hottie, your take on the med issue had me laughing. I know, serious subject, but.... You're right - I need to keep on him. Crazy man. I don't even know if he's filled the prescription - claimed he lost it, but I found it in his pile of "stuff" on the kitchen counter. I was going to take it in to be filled, but it was gone. Either he took it in or hid it.

Kathy, happy birthday to Chris!

Tonight DH is taking Jameson to this meeting about this leadership forum he wants to go to. It's for 7th and 8th graders and they spend a week in DC - alone!! Well, with the other kids and chaperones, but parents aren't allowed. I'm having a hard time thinking about sending him off for a week, but it sounds wonderful. We'll see what my DH thinks after the meeting. He's even more protective than me in some ways, so I'll trust his judgment.

OK, now I'm leaving for good for today. Don't know if I'll check in this weekend...if not, hope everyone has a good weekend, and Chris, hope SHIM comes quickly for you. ;)

Joanne

Joanne, you're only laughing because at our age withholding sex does nothing! :eek: Oh and yes, there's nothing more I'd like to do then go out and buy you a drink! Wouldn't that be fun?!

Funny about the week away.... the 5th graders are at science camp this week, so I was talking to Travis about how next year he would go. He said he didn't want to go away and I told him that well, that's where school is that week. He paused and said, "don't you have to sign a permission slip for that?" and I said "yes" and he said "don't sign it!". That kid.... he knows how to work the system!

I've decided one shouldn't brag about playdate karma..... now I have bad cat karma.....

-Beth

Hello Amigas.

Well I didn't do a damned thing today and I feel so guilty. I am feeling anxious to get back to my workouts but I just can't seem to want to get started.:(

Today I feel better so I need to get off my arse and just get back on the wagon....... tomorrow lol:p

Why is it when I'm on a roll exercising I can't stop but when I get sidelined by illness its so hard to get back on that wagon even though I know I'll feel better?

At the moment I'm drinking some awesome strawberry tea and its so yummy I need to order some more soon. :eek:

Chris glad you got your water back on; seems you got your motivation back w/ Turbo Jam ~ Sometimes following a rotation is great but when those times of having to do a dvd which we are not just feeling it makes the motivation go bust - so I'm happy you found something that made you feel good :)

I think that is what happened to me ~ following rotations just made me loss my motivation so I like to pick and choose for now.

Beth I am so sorry to hear about your kitty :(

So Chalene is working you good eh? I will more than likely get that program eventually :rolleyes: I really like what I've been reading about it.

Joanne Oh I have that itread and its a goodie - man I miss my runs maybe I'll try one when I get up in the am.

Why do men have to act like that? Really if the doctor felt your husband needed BP meds why doesn't he take them? Its not like he may not need them for the rest of his life? Hopefully he'll wake up from being stubborn and just take his meds.

Oh man about all those prescriptions... before my dad passed away every time he was discharged from the hospital he always left with a slew of meds many that he had already had at home.. Here's hoping it can get all straightened out.

Are you feeling hungry because of CLX? I've read many are feeling that way. When I have done Cathe's slow & heavy I feel the same way as if I'm starving. Do you have some protein powder to help stave off the hunger pangs?

Hottie I would love to take a yoga class if anything to just try it out but I thought yoga was supposed to be relaxing? Hmmm maybe I'm wrong but its great that your tackling that challenge :)

Kathy cupcakes? Wow I can't have that in my house whatsoever I'm sure your house smells yummy though :)

Well That is all I hope you all have a great night! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.