~*~*Fat Tuesday Melters*~*~

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning all!

Just getting this started since Deb is away! I'm off to do my run and will hopefully be back later!

Good morning, Melters -

Well, it will certainly be warm enough to melt down here! It's supposed to reach 76 degrees, or something ridiculous like that. The office was so hot yesterday that I about roasted, because the heat wouldn't turn off. I came prepared today - a light shirt over a tank top, so I can shed a layer if it gets hot again! Can you believe this? In February?

I lifted the heaviest I ever have during GS BSB last night! Whoopee! My arms haven't felt that fried in a long time. Heck, it felt like a full upper body workout, instead of just BSB. The calf is still screwy. Big surprise, huh?

Shelley - did you break any more speed records? How is your hip?

Judy - I'm glad you stopped by to say hi. I always love seeing your menus - they're always so inspirational! :)

I'll be back later to see what the rest of you Melters are up to.

Hi again!

Judy - it's always great to see you! How are things?

Shannon - WTG on GS BSB. I love that workout. Especially the biceps. I did manage to shave another 14 seconds off my five mile time this morning - 46:44 compared to last time's 46:58 and the hip is fine and dandy.

Okay, busy day today. Must run!

Morning Melters!:)

Thanks to speedy Shelley for starting todays thread. And wow girl, you are on a roll here! Keep eating those Wheaties, they are working!;) But wait, did I hear something was wrong with your hip? Or not?

Shannon, I know, we are experiencing a "heatwave" here this week, it will be in the upper 60's by this Friday-craziness. Congrads on setting your own personal best with GS BSB.:7

Judy,hey, its so nice to see you, whats for dinner tonight? You always have the most delicious sounding dishes.:9

No one else has checked in yet so I will be back to say hey to everyone later on today.

I slept weird again, I did a hard leg/cardio workout at the gym last night and wasn't tired even at 11pm last night, went to bed anyway fell right to sleep, then proceeded to wake up every few hours until 6:15, when I finally just gave up and got up!x( I hate nights like that and wonder why, it always seems to happen after a hard workout. I usually sleep like a rock, so this is not normal for me.

I didn't cave yesterday with all the goodies around, and I gave all the leftovers away--thank goodness.:7 We did make some headway with the book, have two pretty well-known research doctors backing it up and conducting the studies for 90 days, etc....I am just glad I am finished with my part of the book, now its a matter of waiting for our RD to polish up the diet portion.

Okay, off to do cardio (of course) and start my day. Oh, I got a few of those older "Spinervals" workouts, Brenda is in one of them! You guys probably already know that, but I was pleasantly surprised to see her smiling face.

:)

My goodness, did all of the melters finally melt away? Where is everybody?

Shelley - you and your speed impress the heck out of me. Excellent! I believe it was you who once referred to the Gym Styles as masterpieces. I think you're right! I love them too!

Tneah - could your poor sleep be simply because your body is still so stirred up from a late workout? You said it was harder than usual, so maybe it just takes your body that much longer to settle down. I'm very proud of you for not caving into all the goodies!

Shannon, you know what? I thought of that, the nights I have hard time sleeping are those days when my workout runs into 7:00pm or later, so you have a very good point. Plus I down a big mug of coffee before starting, so that could be it as well. I need to maybe arrange it so my workouts are earlier in the day, maybe lift after AM cardio instead of PM? Thanks!:) Needless to say, my cardio workout this morning suffered cause I was really tired already because of the bad sleep.

I know, have you all melted away?:7 I know that Leanne was having a very busy day so she may not be around...not sure about the rest of the group? Where are you guys?:) BBL to check it out...

Hello everyone. Still busy busy busy around here. Yesterday was my mom's birthday and today is DH's birthday. I have to make him a German chocolate cake at some point, also trying to clean house (again--neverending battle with two little boys spreading toys around it and spilling stuff all the time). Luckily I put coconut pecan frosting on his cake, and I loathe coconut, so at least I'm safe from pigging out on birthday cake. Whew.

My only exercise so far today was a nice long walk earlier around the mall. It's a really really big mall (2nd largest in the U.S., I think), so does that count? I also bought myself a 25-lb barbell and carried that back to my car, so that was a little extra burn. ;) I had hoped to do some more formal exercise, but no chance yet. At least I had planned this to be a week of more gentle exercise, so I am not messing up a rotation.

Oh, and in other boring Lainie news, TTOM finally started today (it kept acting like it was coming, but now it's definitely arrived) so I feel sort of blah and headachey. Ugh.

Shelley, you're really kicking heinie with your running lately. Good job!

Judy, greetings! Nice to see you again.

Shannon, heat wave up here in NY, too, though only getting up to 55. Unfortunately it's rainy warm.

Tneah, I'd hurt Brenda was in a Spinerval workout. Is it kind of weird to see her not with Cathe, or is it comforting like coming upon an old friend in a new place?

Robin, I do kind of live in Target--well, I'm there at least twice a week, anyway. I really missed Target when I lived in Europe. I've been there a little more the last few days because I hope to manage to give up shopping for Lent, so I was getting it out of my system.

Leanne, I only did 3 weeks of the 4DS rotation--I'd originally planned 4. It was getting tough since so much of the cardio and lower body work is off limits with my knee issues right now. In fact, the PT told me to only do his lower body work for now. (That sounded a little dirty, but you know what I mean.) I haven't exactly planned what to do next except to sort of take this week easy (not a rest week, exactly, but a gentle week). Then in a week or two I will start using Amy Bento's Slo-Mo workouts, perhaps alternating with some Cathe weight work like the Pyramids. I did love the 4DS stuff, though, and I liked how after only 3 weeks of it I was cranking up heavier than ever.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Tneah - maybe it's the coffee with all that caffeine. I don't drink it, but my mom says she can't drink any after 1 p.m. or she can't sleep at all.

Lanie - that German chocolate cake sounds wonderful! I love that icing. It's a good thing I don't live close enough to crash your party! }( So, did your walk around the mall include any stairs? Does your ankle like stairs?

Hi melters. I got an odd moment of quietness here at work so thought I'd pounce on it. I would have posted last night too but my DSL connection crapped the bed and didn't come back online until about 11pm. Every time I call Verizon for tech support I yammer on to them about getting fios to my neighborhood. Maybe one day....

This morning was PUB. Next week I think I'm going to increase weights. After reading Cathe's comments about people usually choosing weights lighter than they should be, I've realized that with the exception of the biceps section I'm not working really hard. I find myself doing the exercises and daydreaming out the window. If I were really exerting myself I think I would be paying attention to the TV and perhaps even throwing the odd curse word under my breath to Cathe LOL.

Lainie: I thought you got a barbell for Christmas. Did you get another one?

Tneah: Just a guess, but maybe since you're eating less calories over the span of your day there's less food to absorb the caffeine and it's affecting you more.

Shelley: More personal bests? WTG!

Shannon: They are calling for maybe a high of 70 here in Delaware tomorrow, then severe thunderstorms. I'll make sure the closet door is open so the dog has some place to hide tomorrow. She is such a weenie when it comes to lightning and fireworks!

Shannon, no stairs except an escalator.... I did walk up the escalator (didn't just ride). My knees don't like stairs much, though--plus I'm up and down them quite a bit at home.

TK, oops, I should have said dumbbell not barbell. I did get a barbell for Christmas; this was just a dumbbell.

My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

Hi TK! :) Yes, between you and Shannon, I think you are both right, I will start making my afternoon coffee the decaf variety and see if this helps.

Hey Lainie, sounds like you got quite the workout in today lugging stuff around!

I think if our society wasn't such a "sit down" all day then "lay down" all night, none of us would have to workout as much as we do-we would be too tired from plowing the fields all day right?:+ Its good to have active days. I used to paint houses and because it was such physical work, I cut my workouts down to three times a week tops. Seriously, it was tough stuff. Yes, I am not a stranger to hard labor and rather enjoyed carrying around 45 pound buckets of paint....:) Ok, now I am just blabbering on....gotta get that last cardio in tonight.

Gonna have to cheat it though, I had an IPL facial done at my derms, they eliminate fine lines, uneven skin tone and redness. I get one done every year and it is so worth it, my skin tends to redden easily.
But you are not supposed to do hard cardio for 8 hours afterwards, you cannot increase blood flow to those treated areas, so I will still do a cardio, but make it an easy one, the hell with my heart rate deal tonight.I might even read a magazine while trodding along on my treadmill.:7

Hey girls...

Sorry I'm so late. Busy day, busy evening... expecting another stoooopid storm overnight and through tomorrow, so we'll see what happens with that.

Tneah- I have to agree about the coffee. I'd try cutting that back or drinking decaf and seeing if it helps. And I don't really have a hip problem, just sometimes get hip pain if I do a lot of sprints or hill work.

Shannon - I don't think it was me that called the Gym Styles masterpieces. But they are!

Lainie - I loathe coconut tooooo!!! See? We are connected! That cake sounds great, except for the coconut:p I'd probably find a way to eat around it. And I'll say it again, but I'd love to go to Target with you!

TK - that's an interesting comment about increasing the weights. Once I get back to doing some UB work, I think I'll try to step out of my comfort zone too.

Well, Lent starts tomorrow. I'm giving up a few things, including sweets (cookies, cake, chocolate). I should be miserable in about 3 days.

OOH goodie! Shelley gets to be miserable with me!:p I am glad your hip is okay, that just sent alarms off in my head, be careful and take nice breaks from sprints miss speedy pants!

Oh, and count me in as another flaked coconut hater. I hate coconut, the actual fruit or whatever, whatta way to ruin frosting in my opinion, but boys seem to LOVE German chocolate cake with that icing, whats up with that? My DH included! I do however like the flavor of coconut which is why I love the Lean Dessert chocolate coconut flavored shake. :9

Stay warm guys and talk to you tomorrow!

Is Lent a Catholic ritual? Sorry, I am not familiar with it, but it sounds like a nice idea, good for the soul-and waistline depending on what you give up right?

:)

Lent is not just Catholic, though a lot of Catholics observe it. I am Episcopalian, and I observe Lent. It's 40 days before Easter and you can choose to give something up (and/or add something). Probably some churches have more formal requirements for it, but in my church it's a different style of Sunday services during the time, and people can choose to do their own thing at Lent. I'm giving up shopping for the second year in a row, because I know it's something I focus on too much the rest of the year. I'm fairly new to Lent, though, so I can't explain any better than that. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.