~*~*DEC 08~*~*Check In for Tuesday, 12/30

jojobean

Cathlete
Hey sleepyheads!! ;) Time to check in! How is everyone?

I've decided to take a couple weeks and do some new DVDs or old ones I haven't done in awhile. I'm rotating cardio with circuits or total body workouts. At least that's my plan for now! Today I did Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step. It's the first time I've been able to hang in there with cardio since I've been sick. Tomorrow I'll either do the Firm's 500 Calorie Workout or Kelly Coffey Meyer's new Bootcamp workout.

I plan to start CLX on the 12th. Beth, if you have it then, do you want to start with me? Anyone else here ordering it?

That's it for now...just wanted to start us off...

Joanne

Hi Joanne, and everyone! I slept in til 6am! :) I did powerstrike 5 this morning, checked out the settings on my hrm and realized after all of my holiday eating it just wasn't enough, so I did 40 minutes of misc. kettlebell stuff. That got it going!! I was really fried from the chest/tri work yesterday!!

Yes, Vilma, I'm a crazy woman who cannot stop buying dvds. I will let you know how clx and sts compare, but it may be a while! Those are long programs. My clx is now stuck in Sunnyvale for more than 24 hours (that's about 30 minutes away from here). I hate UPS -- this happens consistently with them. Anyway, Joanne, starting on the 12th sounds good to me. Have fun with the circuits and total body -- I like that type of rotation.

Not sure what I'm doing with my kids today -- I sure am tired of their arguing!!

have a great day!

-Beth

Hi all!

Joanne Och now - I hope they get all those cells - thanks for explaining. My issues is with dry eyes but it coincidentally started when I was put on those meds a couple of weeks ago.

So sorry you are having to deal with this issue at all!

Beth - LOL I'll be reading about STS thoroughly when everyone has them . I've been hearing lots of positives about CLX.

Who knows maybe one day but not right now lol

I've been enjoying my late night reading - didn't go to bed until 2 am last night and sleeping in. Its a welcomed reprieve from all the early wake ups and running out the door which will start again this Monday when the kiddos go back to school.

I have to take my lil one and son to the doctors today as they are both coughing. Hubby & I think lil one still may have remnants of bronchitis even after the antibiotics.

What is really making me take them is that both have had episodes of not being able to breath at all! Lil one has had 3 episodes and son yesterday.

Its a scary thing seeing your child crying running to you with eyes wide holding their throats as if they were choking and hearing them trying to suck in air. Its horrible.
Any ways I need to get on out of here and get ready to go to take them.

Hope you all have a great day!

picture.php

HI everyone..

I am here...Just got done with my workout for today. Checking in with FIRM Total Body Toner...

Joanne: I am throwing in some different stuff here lately too. I did the FIRM 500 calorie workout a few days ago and it was a great workout..

Beth: I hope the kids give you a break today. Mine have days that I want to just ship them off to school. Lucky for them there aren't many of them!!

Vilma: Goodness! I hope your kids are better soon...I get my reading done at night too. I hate to put it done when I get to a good part. But, when I look at the clock and it is really late. I have to or hubby complains about wanting to get to sleep. Oh well!!

Have a great day ladies...

Hey Girls!!

My day was weird today, but I'm enjoying it!

We had our sleepover yesterday with my sis, and her son and my mom. The boys were in HEAVEN , they love spending time with their cousin. But 4 boys in the house between the ages of 7 and 13, all 2 years apart! WOW! they get loud. Although my nephew seemed a little shell shocked, he's an only child, and not used to the noise/fighting!

Anyhow, all went well (although the boys hardly slept) and we had a nice visit.

I got up at 7:30am! Not bad! Made pancakes for the whole house (I made a healthy "Core" pancake recipe for me and my sis and mom) and then we just hung out. They left about 11a. I was still in my PJ's! I got lunch for the boys and FINALLY started my workout. I did the Cardio Premix from STEP Blast and SJP. It really was fun! I was soooo relieved at the end that it was the "low impact" Hi/Lo though! I was tired!

Joanne: Great idea on getting in some older and newer never done workouts before your CLX comes. I'm sorry to hear about your eye and the doctor being away! I hope they were able to assure you that it was ok to wait!! How long have you been having the vision problems?

Beth: Good workout today! You added KB's?? You nut you!! My boys are driving me crazy too! Actually, they alternate between being BFF's together, and then being fresh to each other. Oh, I had some nice language from my 13 yr old yesterday. Said to his brothers: "Screw you!" and "Go to hell!". Nice, huh? Oh teenager-hood is going to be the death of me! And then, for Christmas gifts , my sister got them Nerf guns. THEY love them, they've had them before, but I've had to take them away. they get so out of hand with them. And I'm not a big fan of play "guns" and "killing" etc, to begin with. *sigh*

Vilma: I'm with you on being curious on CLX, but not so eager to sink the money into it. And then I really do want to start STS when it comes... Decisions Decisions! I also love the feeling of NOT having to get up for school for the boys. No nagging about getting dressed, etc. It's nice! Hope your kids are ok! Do they usually have problems this time of year with bronchial sickies? Do they have allergies? Poor kids!! Poor MOM!!!

Kathy: Are you done with Cathe's rotation? I have never done "The Firm" videos. Well, I do have the 5 Day Abs one, but that's it! Are they challenging?

Now it's 2p, and I'm heading for the shower! I think I'll just put on my sweats and "lounge" (and do laundry, dishes, etc)

See you guys later...

Vilma, yikes! I hope you get to the bottom of the kids bronchial/coughing problems -- very scary!!

Thanks for your wishes, Kathy -- they are currently working on a new lego together very nicely! Chris, it's just like you said -- either best friends or fighting, and my sister gave my guys nerf guns too!!! My sister and her husband always give them crazy toys that they know we never would -- really loud things, etc. I guess because their girls are grown up so they know there's no payback coming.

I cannot believe you've never done any firms, Chris! That's astounding. I thought everyone had done some. And I mean everyone. :D

I still have mixed feelings about clx -- I just read a post where someone says it looks too easy -- that's what I'm really afraid of. Oh well! Still not here, and neither is my Cathe calendar! That's where I write down my rotation and then record any hrm info I have. I really want to write in January's rotation, but I can't! I guess there are much larger problems to have.

On a good note, I just got my tree taken down and everything put away -- I feel so accomplished. I've left the storage bins out because I always find some decorations I forgot about. Back to laundry, and then I need to sweep/vacuum up all the mess!

-Beth

Beth, I've read some of the posts about CLX. I did read a few where they said it might be too easy, but none of those people had actually tried it, I don't think. A few who have been doing it for a week or more say they are sore and enjoying it! I think using heavy enough weights is important. Hope you get all your stuff soon! I think the crazy weather has slowed things down. Good for you for getting your tree and xmas stuff down! I was planning on doing that yesterday, but never did. I always find stray decorations, too.

Vilma, oh, that sounds scary with your kids. Hope the doctor can help. Are they on nebulizers? Caitlyn just started this weekend after we took her to the doctor. She has a horrible cough - doesn't seem much better yet. I love reading, too. The only time I do it now is on the train to and from work. I'm too zonked at night to read - I fall asleep instantly and need every minute of it!

Kathy, I think I will do the 500-calorie workout tomorrow. I should wear my HRM to see if it's true.

Chris (and Beth), oh, my kids are driving me crazy too! This is my first day back at work since the 18th and we've all spent a bit too much time together! The two younger boys constantly pick on Jameson and gang up on him. Colin really has issues with his sister. He is just so mean to her - it's actually starting to really worry me. He just seems to be insanely jealous of her and constantly is picking on her. Ian and Colin for the most part get along and have fun together. Occasionally the three boys will all get along. I keep telling them they'll all appreciate each other when they grow up. DH fought like crazy with his siblings and now they all get along great.

Confession....I bought my nephew one of those Nerf guns! I had him in the grab bag and it was all he said he wanted. Fortunately, my kids didn't ask for one! I did get them snow ball blasters and of course all of our snow melted right after Christmas!

Quiet afternoon (well, figuratively, not literally!) here!

Beth: I know, My sister has just the one son, so I think she doesn't know how crazy the nerf guns can be when there's more than one! Hmmm... Maybe I should try to get some Firm videos from the library? what ones do you recommend for cardio? I can't believe you have't gotten your Cathe calendar either. Your mail service DOES have issues! I was so stupid, I didn't realize the code for the 20% off was in the EMAIL when you ordered the calendar, and I never used it by the exp. date. I amaze myself at how dumb I am sometimes! Ooopsie!

Joanne:
I think if you lift heavy with CLX, you will definitely get the benefit. I think Chalene lifts VERY heavy in it, according to what I've read. I'm dying to hear what you and Beth think of it! You guys are both very reliable and we all have similiar likes/dislikes for workouts. .... Oh Joanne!... you are a very bad "aunt", and I'm sure your nephew's parents are cursing you now! LOL!! (I am kidding!)

Now...what to make for dinner.... Question of the day!

Chris: It is so nice your kids are able to have sleepovers with their cousins. My nieces and nephews are in Florida and Ohio. So, we don't see them as often as we like to. YEs, I am done with Cathe's rotation. I kinda skipped the last couple of days...Now, I am doing some others. FIRMs are good workouts. But, not as advanced as Cathe's...But, I started out with them and they really helped me develope my fitness level to be able to do Cathe's workouts. The older FIRMs were better and tougher. I do them now when I want a lighter day. Especially if Cathe's rotation calls for a tough week of workouts!!

Beth: My kids are the same way. We don't like are kids to have those kind of toys either. Chris got a nerf gun for his birthday last year, I think, and I put it away for a while and then returned it to the store and got he something else..He never knew or asked about it. Saved me alot of headaches!

Joanne: Great! I am curious about that claim too. I did it and didn't feel I burned that many. If I did, I can't imagine the amount of calories I burn doing an IMAX workout!!

Now, I am off to start dinner too!!

Just getting in and I ended up getting pizza for dinner, meh.

Doctor says its viral, she has put many folks in the hospital lately for what my kids have and its just a nasty crud. It affects asthmatics more longer and non asthmatics are wheezing as if they had asthma.

She also said its a good thing lil one has been on her other daily asthma/allergy meds as that is what has kept her out of trouble and out of the hospital. :(

They have been both put on prednisone and their nebulizer treatments have increased along with cough medicine. I pray it works, last time the other doctor gave her antibiotics but no steroids.

I'm plan tuckered out though and just want to crawl into bed w/ my book after I send hubby off to work tonight.

Kathy I have all of the old Firms Vol 1 and on ward once the company was sold and they started mass media of them I stopped and started more with Cathe's. I have the old Firms in their original calm shells and they cost me so much back then lol

Since I sleep alone at night I just keep on reading until my eyes can't take no more lol

Chris weekends are usually our pajama days here ;)
Sometimes its just so nice not having to rush off anywhere -right? :)

Beth
I have both 07 & 08 Cathe calenders but didn't want to order 09 - This year I just got a very nice calender with beautiful photos to put my workouts on and it just cost me 5 duckies. I'm very happy since I 've heard some negatives about it.

Joanne I hope your Kaitlyn doesn't have what my kids do - its just so bad, My Sophie has been sleeping in our bed lately just so I can monitor her breathing.

Our nebulizer machine I've had since older DD was 5 yrs old thats hmm 13 yrs now- Its a great machine that has helped keep us out of the ER at very odd times in the night. Well worth its weight in gold.

Too funny about the nerf guns - my boys (DH & DS) here have them to play lol

Well I'm off for the evening as I hear my lil Miss coughing again :(

picture.php

Vilma, I hope the increased meds work for your kids. Caitlyn is on a steroid and xeponex, I think it's called. We've had a nebulizer for about 10 years. It really comes in handy. There must be something in the environment - no one I knew as a kid ever had asthma or had to have breathing treatments, now it's so common. Yes, you need to climb in bed all by yourself soon and escape with a book!

Caitlyn is watching the Charlie Brown New Year's special. Never knew there was one! The boys are upstairs arguing over their new xbox and begging me to buy the $100 (yikes!) wireless adapter so they can get some games online. Have to see if I can find a deal on one. And me? I'm trying to avoid the frango mints that are calling my name and have already lured me in too many times!

Have a good night all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.