~*~*APRIL 09~*~*Check IN For EASTER WEEKEND 4/10-4/12~*~*

Boingo1

Cathlete
Hey Girls!

thought I'd do a check in for the entire weekend, since we'll all probably by busy.

Which I am. Today is cleaning and cooking day! I would LOVE to go for a run (and I might) but not sure I can justify fitting it in with all I have to do today! ACK!

I'll try to check back in.. ( I know I probably will since I have that Procrastinating personality trait! :p)

Hey Chris..and all that follow!

I'm at work today and it's very quiet here. The kids are off today and Monday.

Chris, so you must be hosting Easter? I'm actually still not sure what we are doing. I may just make a dinner for us at home and then go to my parents for dessert. Or bring the meal over there. We're going to an egg hunt at my SILs tomorrow. I'm taking the boys to a White Sox game tomorrow afternoon. It's a cub scouts outing and the tickets were pretty reasonable and the kids get to fun around the field before the game. Too bad I'm a huge Cubs fan and not a Sox fan! DH didn't want to go - he's not a sports fan at all. He'll stay home with Caitlyn. I know, kind of backwards, huh? ;)

This morning was Meso 2 Back and Biceps. Not too bad! Not as grueling as the other two workouts this week, that's for sure. We'll see how I feel tomorrow. I'm hoping to run on the treadmill during my lunch.

I'm sure I'll be back, but hope everyone has a great weekend - just in case!

Joanne

Hiya Gals!

Another iTread run under my belt this morning - I'm just doing the everyday thing here since all our family is up in NYC & hubby is working on Sunday - so nothing spectacular I'm afraid.:eek: I may decide to take my youngest to the movies.

DD boyfriend is back and his unit is to return on Monday I think- I swear the Army really has these kids back & forth and not knowing when and how long they can spend w/ their families until they deploy for Kuwait. I told him he should have done ASir Force lol ( we are retired Air Force here ;) )

Since dd is working tonight - he'll be spending some time with us and dinner here. I'm not sure if I showed you guys their prom pictures from last year? Anyways he is a sweetie :)

Today I plan on going to the bookstore to pick up the series of books called The Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward :D

Have a great weekend all and try not to get too frazzled w/ the holiday commotions ;)

I'll be trying to pop in throughout .

picture.php

Hey! I'm glad you did a post for the whole weekend -- I like it that way. We are not so busy as all of you. Joanne, your baseball backwardness would happen in my family, too. :) I hope you enjoy the game, even if you're not a sox fan. Vilma, it's so nice that you spend time with the boyfriend -- not all boyfriends that young would feel comfortable with that -- I think that says a lot about you guys and him! I think I do remember the prom picture!

We are having people here for a bbq on Sunday but it has nothing to do with Easter -- they are folks who have helped with the garden and it was the only time we could get everyone together before one goes back to N Carolina, I think it is, to be a river boat guide. Other than that we have a fairly quiet weekend of chores.

The ifly thing was fun last night, though Dylan ended up not wanting to do it. He was excited about it on the way, but as soon as we walked in and he saw it he was glued to me and a bit scared. It was not quite what I was expecting somehow, but fun. Travis wants to be a real skydiver now -- great. Why can't I see these obvious ramifications in advance?! :D

Rest day for me, though I worked my abs since I somehow never got to them yesterday. I'm thinking about doing a stretch max segment -- it would do me good, but I kind of just want to get on with the day, you know?

Happy Friday! Chris, do you work this weekend? Probably so, eh?

-Beth

So I'm back in between hard boiling my eggs, and cleaning the dining room window! :eek: Oh, and laundry!!! LOL!

Yes, I'm hosting Easter Dinner here on Sunday. I always take the night before Easter as a Vacation day (night), so I can color eggs w/the boys and have dinner here on Sunday, and THEN, I go to work on Sunday night after all that hub bub! Nuts, huh? We're having 9 adults and my 3 boys here. Saturday my SIL is coming to do eggs with us, and then we'll get take-out Pizza (it's a tradition!). Even with all the craziness, I am looking forward to spending time with my family.

My mind is freakin racing, and I keep thinking of things I want/have to do! Ugh!

Joanne: Cool about the baseball game! I'm a diehard Red Sox fan and love the thrill of going to a game at Fenway!! I've been a few times, never with the boys. The prices are outrageous! We have gone to the Red Sox's Farm Team games, which are very cool, since you end up seeing players that go up to play on the Red Sox eventually. And a LOT cheaper! Enjoy your quiet day at work! Oh yeah, I always liked doing Back /Bi's on Fridays because it was a bit of a 'break' from the other 2 !

Vilma: Good going on the iTread! Your weekend sounds nice and quiet, Enjoy and enjoy the time with your DD's BF. I think I remember seeing their picture... could you post it again?

Beth: Your sky diving sounded fun! Sorry your other son didn't want to do it. But what can ya do? Your weekend sounds very nice too! Stretchmax segment or 2 would be VERY good for you! I'm also wanting to do that Stretch Fusion stretch again... So much to do, so little time!

Okay. done with my 'break'!!

Beth, that's funny about Travis now wanting to skydive! Yep, I wouldn't see that one coming, but when you think about it, it makes sense! Ian would love to bungee jump. I don't think anyone else in my family would do it - he's the daredevil. I don't think I could watch him do it, though.

Hey, Vilma! Like Beth said, your DD's boyfriend spending time with the family while she is at work says a lot about him. Sounds like a really good guy. So sad that he has to deploy - hopefully this whole war thing will be history soon and all these men can come home and stay home.

I may have to fit the new Hannah Montana movie in somewhere this weekend with Caitlyn. She's been talking about it and I thought it was something coming out on DVD. Well, I saw the reviews this morning and realized it was at the theatres. I feel like I should do something with her since I'm just taking the boys to the baseball game. Of course, maybe DH can take her to the movie. ;)

Chris, we were posting at the same time! You reminded me we still need to color eggs! I have the stuff - maybe tonight. Yea, baseball tickets are outrageous. These were just about half price, so I couldn't pass it up. It's all the other cr** the kids want to buy that kills you, too. I'm thinking of giving them each $10 and they can buy what they want, so they won't keep asking for stuff. Although that might just get them a hot dog!

Last edited:
I just added two photos of my DD & her BF in my profile page under in the album named My Kids :p

I really need to get going now but I plan on catching up for personals soon .

picture.php

Last edited:
Vilma, great pictures. Your daughter is beautiful and they make a great couple!

I got off my butt and did itread 18 on the treadmill during my lunch. Now I can't stay awake. I'm hoping they let us go early today for the holiday. I think DH took the kids to a birthday party this afternoon. So, at least they got out of the house and maybe won't be too restless when I get home!

Oh Vilma! What beautiful looking kids! Both of them! Very nice picture of them with their graduation robes on!

MOST of my cleaning is done, just a little bit more, but I'm pooping out! DH asked me to help decide what to put in Easter baskets, and well, needless to say, some went in my TUMMY! My FIRST Easter candy of the season. And it was freakin good! I'm not feeling guilty.

I really debated on that run, I'm glad I didn't go though, And I'm glad, because I think i would have been more pooped out.

Joanne: How could you forget about coloring eggs??/ It is my favorite thing to do. That and eat Easter food! :eek: HA! Hope you get out early too! i went out for booze and bread/milk earlier, holy COW there were SO MANY PEOPLE out in the world. The traffic was nuts! And the town decided they want to patch pot holes in the middle of chaos! Crazy!.... My 2 younger boys would go see Hannah Montana Movie in a heartbeat, my oldest thinks they're nuts.

Okay, off to finish cleaning and then to cook supper :eek:

Vilma, yes, great pictures! Very nice -- thanks for posting.

Chris, I went out to Target today -- it was kind of crowded, not too bad, but they were completely out of easter candy!! I was mostly shopping for Travis' bday -- we don't do much for easter, but I thought I might put some candy in plastic eggs and let the boys look for them. I ended up buying some starbursts since they like those best anyway. I guess we won't be coloring eggs (I sort of forgot about it, too!).

Funny about Hannah Montana -- Joanne, you should send hubby -- he would really apppreciate you more, don't you think?! :D

I cleaned my desk this afternoon -- not completely done, but I went through one of the mountains of paperwork -- still one giant one left staring at me! My house is still a disaster -- ug! Something to do tomorrow after I fry my CST! I can't wait for that workout!!! :cool:

-Beth

Thanks all for the photo comments - being Ms Paranoid I am taking them off the thread and leaving them up in my profile page ;)

It's late and I'm off to bed :D

Have a good evening for those still up :)

Good Saturday Morning, Girls!

It's damp, cool and cloudy out here this morning, and I have to bring Zach (and my 2 other boys) to Baseball practice. ick. While he's there, I have to run to pick up my Mom's Bday Cake at the italian bakery (German chocolate mousse cake.. oh my!). I have to do a little bit of cooking and cleaning when I get home, before my mom and SIL arrive to color eggs! :eek: It's looking like a workout is not going to fit in today. Damn good thing this is my "Recovery/Rest Week". But I feel bad, because eats aren't going to be that great. oh well...what can you do?

Beth: It's funny, when I went to Target on THURSDAY, they were also out of everything Easter. All they had left was Starburst Jelly Beans! Good thing I picked up things at Walmart earlier in the week. But there were a few things I wanted. Hey. send your boys here, they can color eggs with us! LOL!!

Hope you all have a nice Saturday... will BBL if I have a few minutes...

Saturday Morning

Chris enjoy your recovery week and the holiday. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just enjoy your weekend w/ your family and doing the holiday fun stuff ;)

I went to Walmart yesterday (have to go back today as I forgot to pick up some oatmeal) and it was so crowded OMGoodness it was just crazy. I think I'll go sometime tonight to get my stuff that I forgot - can't live without my morning oatmeal :eek:

I woke up in the wee hours in the morning to close our window as I woke up to a nasty rain storm then couldn't go back to sleep until after the hubby left for work at 10 to 5 am this morning ugh! So I'm running behind on my day so far.

Time for me to log off and get my workout in today before it gets any later.

I hope you all have a great day today. :)

picture.php

Good morning! Chris, I forgot to tell you -- I ended up doing stretch max segment with the ball yesterday -- I think that's number 2 that you suggested -- it was just what the dr. ordered.

I did CST this morning -- this is the disc with the drop sets I think she called them (geez, how many times did she say it and I can't remember?!). I had to go much lighter on some of my chest work! And, I have noticed my triceps have gotten really big, which is I think why I look like I have such big, fat arms.... not all that attractive, in my opinion...... oh well!

I think tomorrow I may try Cathe's MY-T-Fine leg run suggestion with the power scissors and then maybe some kettlebell swings. I have a run scheduled, and this might just shake things up a bit. The kbell work will depend on how the doms are from today's workout!!! :)

Ok, I have lots to do today -- Larry's about to take the kids off to the store, so that I can wrap bday presents, stuff plastic eggs and maybe even hide them. Have to hide the bday presents too, because we always have a treasure hunt for them. We may just do the whole shebang tomorrow since we have piano lessons til late on his actual birthday. Of course, I do not have the requisite ice cream cake!

Have a great day -- good luck getting ready for the big easter celebrations, and Vilma, get some rest!

-Beth

Hey Girls!!

HOPPY EASTER to all of my Cathe BFF's!!!!

THe Bunny was good to all!!. I'm presently eating chocolate bliss eggs for breakfast. Reliving my childhood..LOL!

I think it's Post Tramatic Issues from church with the boys this morning. Zach smuggled in his iPod AND chocolate candy, and ate it there, resulting in a HIGH blood sugar on return home (and very many dirty looks from ME!!). Alex farted STINKY in the middle of Mass, resulting in lots of giggling and Zach gagging and carrying on about how gross Alex is!!! Jake whined about mid way through til the end, about how hungry he was... for his LOLLIPOP!!

Thus, my chocolate for breakfast. ....

All is good , all is good...

WIsh I could say F it all and do a nice stretchmax on my ball... LOL!!

I am looking forward to time with the fam, I really am....

Hope you all have an enjoyable day!!

Oh Chris, you are too funny! I love the story of the boys at mass! Happy Easter everyone.... it's not a big deal at my house, though I do have the starburst-stuffed eggs to hide for the boys at some point. I'm trying to decide whether or not to have Travis do his bday present hunt, too. After I hid them yesterday (and drew maps -- the hardest part!), I realized that having them hunt for eggs could really ruin some surprises!! I'll play it by ear I think.....

I slept in and then did some tabata runs -- HIIT -- MY-T-fine legs, whatever you want to call them. I had to laugh at myself -- I put somewhat random music on my ipod for the warmup and I just couldn't get into it! I felt so lost without Coach Sean!!! But after about 10 minutes of warming up I put on that rocky music with the beeps at certain intervals, and got a damn good workout -- I'm afraid of Cathe's shock cardio, I've got to say!!

Right about now I'm wishing I had some chocolate eggs to eat! :D Have a great day!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.