~*~* I wish the snow was MELTING - Wednesday*~*~

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning chiquitas!

Well, we're in the midst of a winter storm. Last night it poured ice, which then switched to snow. Now it's a bit of a mix. I'm waiting to see if there are school closures, though I might stay home anyway. I don't really fancy a 3 hour commute this morning.

Deb - I hope you're feeling better today

Shannon - did Mom bake yesterday? I always bake on snow days.

Robin - did you get all packed?

Tneah - you know, I think I'd much prefer the office coming to me than having to go to the office.

Lainie - "my penis doesn't working" - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's hilarious!!! I remember when Soph was about two, her Grandpa was fooling around and he put her hat on. She got very serious and said "Grandpa, you can't wear that hat. That's a girl's hat, and you're a boy because you have a penis".:eek:

Leanne - how was your busy Tuesday?

Hi to everyone else! I'll bbl to check up!

Hi melters.

Shelley, the snow is melting here. We've had rain, rain and more rain. It should stop this morning, then more over the weekend. Oh well, the spring showers and the flowers etc.

Lainie, oh, the things kids say. We have a list of "words" our DD made up for things - fishing rods were fishing sticks, pjs were pamajamadees, pianos were peenanos.

tneah, having the office come to you can be handy, but then you can't escape it.

Today will be one of the life-takes-up-all-the-time rest days. I have to make a bunch of stops after work and won't get home till late. See you all later.

Good Morning,

Well still no energy, so working out is not an option. I think I will give myself until Sunday, then start a fresh new week.

Your stories about the funny things the kids say reminded me of the old Art LInkletter show where he had that part. "Kids say the Darndest Things"... now I am showing my age.. that was a really cute show. Now we get wife swapping and screaming at each other...sigh..

Shannon:
snow just sticking a little in the grass? oh my! That's spring here LOL!

Lainie:
Don;t you hate when you stare at the DVD's and you don;t pick one because you really don't want to do anything? Been there...

Shelly:
Is Sophie better today? does she have school? It's pretty bad down here.. that ice hitting the windows all night kept me from getting any good sleep.

Robin:
Thanks for the hugs.. yes we have another dog and she misses Clancy at certain times. She looks for him when I feed her, because they were fed together and she always waited for him to get his food before she would start to eat hers.. she was a littly mama to him..now she looks where is bowl was kind of perplexed.. Are you done packing? if so, take out half of what you packed because you won;t end up wearing it all!

Tneah:
I hope you are not going too far with loss of body fat...you need some to keep you healthy girl! I tried using the forum URL option which is what I used when I put Kelsey's picture in there I think...it's the size thing..it says 48 by 48......48 what?

Have a great day....BBL

Deb

Hey again~

I made the executive decision to stay home.

Deb - we had the ice hitting the windows all night too, now it's just pouring down snow. We're under a winter storm warning and the schools are open, but I'm not driving down the mountain here to get Sophie to school. For your avatar picture, don't use the forum URL tag. Use the direct link tag - I think it starts with http:\\

Robin - I agree with the "taking half out". Just make sure you take underwear:p The first time my SO and I went away for a weekend, I forgot underwear. And NO, it wasn't on purpose}(

My picture worked! I had to erase the {IMG} stuff at the beginning and end of the thing once I copied it into the profile...duh! It's not such a great picture.. a little fuzzy but it's my boy!

Deb

Shelley-

Good executive decision to stay home. Did you get the same storm that the Metro Detroit area got? Nothing is moving over there today.
200 plus schools closed and numerous companies.

Enjoy your day and great birthday thread yesterday!!

Deb - what an adorable pic!!!

Jennifer - HI!!! I'm not sure which storm we got. We got freezing rain and ice pellets last night, and then snow, which is still pouring down.

Morning, Melters -

Our snow is all gone, though some may still be hanging around up north, where they got a foot! I'm glad.

Has anybody ever done the 4DS upper body premix? Wow. I've done it a few times, and I feel totally fried when I'm done. So yes, last night I was fried.

It's time to get back on track with my eating. Yesterday was horrendous. I'll spare you all the shameful details... but one item was a big piece of Mom's famous chocolate cake. That's just one item.

Shelley - I'm glad you decided to stay home. Even if you managed to get in to work, think what it would be like coming home!! So. What are you going to bake today?

Robin - maybe all that rain will be done by the time you get back from vacation, and you'll come home to beautiful weather. Have fun errandizing today!

Deb - Clancy is adorable! I'm so glad you posted a picture of him. Take it easy - finishing out this rest week is a very good idea.

Hey again!

Shannon - I'm jealous that your snow is gone. It will be a long while before ours disappears.

I just finished shoveling a while ago. Took me over an hour, and that was with some help from my SO before he left for work.

Hello Everyone!

Deb, oh, the picture is just adorable, so glad you figured out how to post. I think I had to resize my pics before I used them. I am the worst with the computer and its workings.:) Sorry you didn't get much sleep last night, ice storms? Oh my goodness, I have never seen one of those.My bodyfat isn't that low compared to Cathe's or whatever. Its just lower than I have been in a long time. Its fun to see the definition of course, but who knows how hard it will be to maintain? I am only willing to do so much...I am getting a bit weary of all this dang cardio! But I am eating a treat every now and then so I am staying sane...

Shelley, sounds like you might be spending the day "Martha-style" in the kitchen whipping up warm and yummy treats. How fun, but sorry bout the weather and all that shoveling you have been doing all winter. Your arms must be incredible--who needs STS when you have winter snowstorms? I love what you wrote about Grandpa and Sophie!:) heehee. I think the word "penis" is funny anyway, but when a kid says it, its even more so!

Robin, I am with Shelley and Deb, take a look at what you packed and remove three items. I say leave the underwear at home....;) Its a tropical place, who needs the extra layers right?:7

Shannon, sounds like mom is at it again with her delicious baked goods.:9 I would have eaten just the frosting off the cake..sending "broccoli and spinach" vibes your way!;) Did you see the thread in the OD about peanut butter? gasp. You gotta go look. I am all over this one.

DH and I are celebrating later on today--his late b-day present. We have tickets to see the "Divine Miss M" at Cesears Palace tonight! I might even have a cocktail or two.;) We have a nice room, so we can pretend we are tourists, and I get the chance to really wish my birthday boy...well, you know.;) It'll be fun, like a mini-vacation in the middle of a busy week.

Hi to Leanne, Emily, Judy, Jennifer and the rest! BBL...have shoulders on tap this morning..

Good morning, all!

I missed you all yesterday! I'm feeling particularly stressed with work right now just because I have so many essays coming in to grade and so much work to do. I have to get two sets of rough drafts read today and then prep for two classes tomorrow. I'm thinking that sometime soon I may need to take a "mental health" day just to recover from this busy semester.

Today I'll be doing MIS as my workout. I've been enjoying the endurance lifting as part of the arms rotation I've been doing, but miss heavy lifting. I also bought a hand-held fat monitor, and was really depressed last night because it said that my body fat was much higher than I thought it was. Darn thing! I was ready to throw it out the window.

Deb -- Clancy is just adorable! I'm glad that you're doing a bit better, but remember that these things take time to get over. Don't push yourself too much if you're not up to being social or working out! {{{HUGS!!}}}

Shelley -- Wish I could send you some of our sunshine! Sounds like a smart idea to stay home today. How is Sophie feeling today? Thanks for asking about my busy day yesterday -- it was exhausting!

Lainie -- How adorable Ewan is! How have you been doing with your workouts and BFL? It sounds like you're making good progress.

Robin -- Glad that you're feeling better and are back at work with no problems! When do you leave on your trip? How fun!

Tneah -- Maybe you do need to eat a bit more and increase your body fat a bit. That 14% is awfully low! The Elvis bear that you're getting your DH is just so cute! Hope you have a fantastic time tonight celebrating his b-day!

Shannon -- What odd weather you're having! That one piece of chocolate cake sounds it was just what you needed for a nice treat!

Hi Leanne! We sure missed you yesterday. Sorry you are so stressed, and then the "incident" with that stupid bodyfat tester....by the way, just so you know, and I am not just saying this to make you feel better, but I hope it does of course.
I have used the hand held bodyfat device and used the Tanita scale...hand held read much higher, like 5 percent higher than the Tanita scale. So yes, I think you should toss it out the window, as for mine? I gave it to someone I didn't like very much.;)

Hope you get a mental break pretty soon, wow, sounds like so much paperwork and reading, but you are a teacher, such an important job shaping all of those young minds, teachers are the ones you look back on a remember when you get older. I bet your students grow up and talk about "Miss Leanne" and what a wonderful teacher she was.:7

Oh, and my bodyfat is fine, at this point I am really thankful for one thing: I changed some of my very bad eating and drinking habits, it was hell to do, but I no longer feel the need to drink wine every night to relax, or reach for sugar constantly...just occasionally.;) I have also been reminded of the importance of protein when you work out like all of us do. It has made the biggest difference in my strength and the way my body looks, even my hair has grown more than it ever has.So at the end of the day, its cool I am more defined and stuff, but I am grateful I have changed some bad habits--that is what I am most proud of.

Okay, off to the races...we have to check in to our hotel in a few hours, cannot wait! Vegas can be so much fun sometimes!:7

I'm a bit late checking in today, but don't worry, I'm not off track or anything. I am totally in sync with BFL. I got up early and did a BFL upper body workout this morning. Then after getting the kids to school I had physical therapy. My PT told me I was "very flexible" today. I was surprised as I never felt flexible before. She said it was hard to stretch me out because I was already so flexible. Weird. I guess I always compare myself to people in exercise videos who are in better shape and very flexible-looking.

Shelley, eek--that weather sounds pretty nasty. We've had a lot of rain the last couple days but the temps are in the 50's--feels like spring. Guess you probably don't want to hear that, though....

Robin, when Isaac was 2 or younger, he would say "cacapoopooseepeepee" to mean "I have pooped or peed in my diaper." I think the "caca" was actually a variant of "I got" since we didn't use the word caca.

Deb, that picture of Clancy is so adorable--I'm so sorry you had to lose him like that.

Shannon, there your mom goes baking again. Look out!

Leanne, so far so good with BFL. The hard thing for me is just working around my knees. I haven't done a true BFL lower body workout yet--mainly work my lower body at physical therapy. I might try more on Friday, though. I also have trouble with finding the right cardio, too, but I'm doing o.k. And now I think I'm the one owing you an email.

Tneah, I'm just discovering that protein benefit thing with BFL. It definitely helps so that I'm not so hungry but I don't have to stuff myself to feel full. I'm just so glad I still get a few carbs as well. :)

OK, bbl.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Happy afternoon, all!

Tneah -- Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement! I bought the hand-held monitor since it got good reviews on Amazon, but maybe I should stick with my calipers. I like the idea that you gave your hand-held one to someone else whom you didn't like!}( It just made me so depressed since it said that my DH had lower body fat than I do -- even though he's actually starting to get a bit of a belly (from not working out) for the first time ever -- and I'm starting to be able to see my ab muscles! It's not fair! I know what you mean, though, about changing those habits! I've been so proud of myself, too, to not have to rely on sugar or a glass of wine after a hard day to unwind. I hope you and DH have a wonderful time tonight! Is it wig night at the hotel?;-)

Lainie -- Glad that you've been having a good day and that the BFL program is going well! How cool that you're so flexible! I've always been super-not-flexible, and have never even been able to touch my toes (how embarrassing is that?!). Later in the week, I'll try to remember to send you some of the recipes that I've collecting off the forums. I'm actually making the salsa chicken recipe that Gayle has posted for the first time tonight. I dug out my old crock pot and have been cooking that chicken all day. It smells good! (I'm not much of a meat eater, but I've been experimenting with trying to make more chicken dishes lately.)

Hi to everyone else! I'll try to check in later, but, if I don't have time, I'll miss you all tomorrow and will see you on Friday! And now off to read more student essays! Sigh!

Edited for stupid typos!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.