~*~*~JAN 09~~*~Check in for HAPPY NEW YEARs DAY!

Boingo1

Cathlete
WELCOME TO 2009!!

I'm planning on KickMax in a few.... I'm ready to get out some crazies!! (late night and early morning with my boys!)

BBL!

You guys are REALLY sleeping in!!! :p

I got through KM, WITH the leg drills at the end!!

Felt good!

Now I'm freezing to death, it's 7 degrees out and I have to get through making the boys their lunch before I take a nice hot shower and put on some nice warm layers!!

NY's Eve wasn't what I imagined, I really wanted a quiet movie-watching, game playing evening. The boys all went crazy, chasing each other w/ the nerf guns, wrestling, teasing my sleepy and irritiable Jake... it was chaos!

Such is life, right?

DH is off from work tonight, so hopefully we'll get a good QUIET game of Star Wars Monopoly in!

Come out Come out where ever you are!!!

Hey Chris and everyone! Yes, slept in til 6:30 or so -- it felt great -- and my boys slept in until 7:30 or so. Whoo-hooo! We were all in bed by 9pm last night -- what a bunch of sleepies we are. I did imax 3 this morning -- it was the first time I felt like I really got all the moves.... except! step combo 8, the one with the bow and arrow and some hop around the step. I just couldn't get it. Oh well!! It was fun. That was the first imax I ever tried, and it just seemed totally nuts to me. I got it before I was doing any checkins so it's sort of an "alone" workout, whereas you all convinced me to get imax 2, so when I do that one, I think about you guys right there with me. Strange, huh? But I think I'm going to start liking 3 more now. It does remind me of someone I met on the road trip who had only done weights before signing up for the rt, so her very first step ever was imax 3, because she knew she had to be prepared for the step class on the rt and she figured if she could master what everyone said was the hardest, she would do ok. Can you imagine?! So I think of her when I do imax 3.

Ok, going on and on here.... later, and happy new year!!!

-Beth

Forgot to tell you, I started some 1RM testing after imax 3. I did whatever isn't sore and what I'm not working tomorrow -- that meant triceps and back. Even though I did back yesterday, I'm clearly not going heavy enough because it's not feeling sore. I think the 1RM testing won't be so bad if you do a little chunk at a time and go into it thinking you're not going to do every exercise. Just look at the ones with the most stars on their cave man list.

-Beth

Hi Chris and Beth!! HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!

Well, my NYE was a combination of Chris's and Beth's. :) We did the bowling thing, which honestly, was quite chaotic and not so enjoyable. They cram people in there, and rush you out for the next crowd. The kids had fun, which is the important thing. We came home, DH went to work and the boys ran around like crazy goofballs and annoyed their sister who was up past her bedtime. I tried to do the "let's watch the New York New Year's Eve countdown." (an hour earlier for us!) No, they weren't going for it. Finally I told them Caitlyn and I were going to bed. The boys stayed up till midnight. They all screamed and then all was quiet! I told them to wake me up at midnight, but they didn't. Well, their screams did!'

Beth, good job with Imax3! I've done it a few times, once with only the platform. It's tough. That's a good way to think about the 1RM. It's not so overwhelming.

I did Kelly Coffey Meyers Stepboxing today. I felt really good. Then I dismantled Christmas. The house looks so bare!

Here's a silly picture....see how long it takes to find the live one amongst the animals on Ian's bed (it's our dog):

Attachments

• DSC01397.jpg
    DSC01397.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 6
Happy New Year!

My experiment didn't quite work so I got depressed, ate, didn't workout, and couldn't get my head out of lab. But I thought I would start the new yaw w/ Imax3- at least try it. With Beth's post, it motivates me to really do it (but later after shopping and lab). So, expect a PM from me Beth after I sludge through it! Joe and I did order some take out-braised lamb and jumbo crab cakes w/ some wine. That, him, and our new XBox 360 welcomed the New Year.

Chris-sounds like a great day! Hope you win Monopoly.
Beth- well, I'm going to think of you during Imax3. :) Good for you for doing your 1RM.
Joanne- Apparently, my nieces lobbied to stay up and then fell asleep and couldn't wake up when the ball dropped. Adorable pic!

Happy New Years ladies!!!

I have been up since around 7:30..I made breakfast, took a shower, went to mass and then came home and got the Christmas decorations put away and the house cleaned. Now, since Cathe hasn't posted January's rotation, I am not sure what workout to do. I will consider that later...Maybe she will post be then. We are going on a family walk soon.

Chris: We played monopoly last night too. We have the internet version with all the properties internet sites...Fun, fun. After that game Chris and I put a puzzle together. It was a quiet night that went by fast. We ended up watching the first 7 episodes of season 1 of the Brady Bunch that I got from Netflix..

Ok, that stuffed animal situation is out of control, Joanne! :)

Hottie, do imax3!!! You will be so happy you did! I will pm you later..... oh, speaking of that, Joanne, I pm'ed you about clx (in case people here were getting sick of the subject).

Kathy -- brady bunch?! Oh noooooo! You're going to have that earmworm song in your head, you know, woman..... :D

ok, we're off to our party soon.....

-Beth

That is soooo coool!!! Wow, woman, did we know you lost that much weight? That's amazing! Good for you!! Did she send you a copy of her book? I'm a sucker for cook books (like I'm not a sucker for exercise dvds!).

-Beth

Hey.. I made it back to sit and type for more than a minute...

So yes, my son's friend had a big headache (migraine) from not getting enough sleep, and he ended up throwing up! Poor kid, I really felt for him.

Did you know I lost that much weight, Beth? I'm not sure. I gained a slew of it being pregnant 3 times. I never lost my baby weight after each baby, and I got HUGE! That was 6 years ago. I've kept it off (and it's not easy!) for over 5 years. Kathy was my 'first'. I loved her workouts. She taught me to love Step! Most of the workouts she was selling on QVC were for someone just starting out. But the Tummy Trimmer one she sent me is pretty good for abs. I haven't checked out the Pilates. .... I have that book! She sent it to me a few years ago, signed :). I'm so bad with books, I never read it! I actually wanted to start reading it this month. To get motivated. It's not all recipes, it's about "burning fat, building muscle". Her theories on it. Plus the eating plan and the recipes...

Beth: I beat ya today! I slept in until 7:30a!! But I went to sleep about 12:30am. You rock on IMAX3!!! I should have thought of that! I totally forgot about "Imax Friday"! I probably won't do it this month. Funny how you get pictures of people in your mind! ... Thanks for the push to do some 1RM's today! i did a few myself after reading your post. Not too bad, huh? I printed out that sheet with the pictures, it made it nice!

Joanne: Kids , they're all the same! the bowling sounds crazy!! And I guess boys will be boys. :eek: I am going to definitely get another cardio workout to go along with STS. Maybe that Step Kickboxing one. I think I like the sound of that! OMG.. I love that picture!! We did something similar when we had our first dog, for our yearly Christmas card. We had our Bull Terrier w/ a Santa hat, sitting in a pile of stuffed animals ... Your picture reminded me of that... :)

Kathy: I wonder which workout you ended up doing? Cathe's rotation looks really good this month! If I hadn't started FF's , I would do it, But now I kind of want to stick with what I started.... Did you do BM2??? .. Your NY's Eve sounds like what I was hoping ours would be! I'm green with envy! I watched the "I Love Lucy" marathon yesterday (most of it) !! Fun!

Hottie: Oh my. What a crap day you had, but your New Years eve sounds very nice and fun!!! I wonder if you did IMAX 3 and how much you did? You did it once before, Right?

Maybe we'll get in some Monopoly tonight.. after DH is done with the dishes...Unless the kiddos all fall asleep! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.