:|:|:|:|: c & t *almost friday* :|:|:|:|:

Thank you for your advice yesterday on the wedding attire. I went last night and bought new shoes. Nina, LOVED the idea about wearing a colorful scarf! I still need accessories, but I'm on my way!

Here is today's dilemma... Collin is going to kindergarten in the fall, and will take a bus to an after school program as well (where I will pick him up after work). I would prefer to pick a place where baby can go too (at least eventually) so I can pick them up at the same place. I spoke with someone yesterday from a local place (the BEST in my area) and they put baby on the waiting list. They can take Collin for their after school no problem, but they also have a summer "Rising Kindergarten" day camp to prepare the kids for school in the fall. It's starts June 1st so I need to decide - basically today - so I can give my two weeks notice at my other daycare.

And just to re-cap, I HATE the daycare where we are now. Collin's teacher is great, he loves the kids in his class, but the management is HORRIBLE.

He is going to be leaving his friends eventually, so when is the best time? Should he stay where he is and be with his friends for a few more months before switching? Or switch now and make new friends that he will go to school with?

Wendy, There is no way you WON"T be the BL! You are doing so awesome! You are motivating & inspiring me! Time for me to kick it up a notch! And I totally love cereal for ANY meal!:D

Angie, PC comin atcha!

Katie, WTG on the WO!
Re Collin - tough call! I would maybe lean toward putting him in the new school sooner. If you do it too close to when Baby is coming that might be a whole lotta change in a short amount of time. Better to space it out a bit. BUT you know him best and maybe my logic is goofy!

-
Staying home again today so YAY to that! Pool guy is coming this morning. MIke and I were talking a lot about it last night - it's going to have to be a good number to make us do it. I will send you all a PM maybe later today to explain things more. Also, our photog is coming to drop off our pics - I can't WAIT to get them!!

So.... I think I'm going to restart Insanity. hope my knee cooperates! I may or may not get UB weights in - I'm thinking I could manage 2x/wk...I hope anyway! I really love the burn of a good lifting session but I need some serious fat loss. I'll do my Ins WO at J's naptime. Wish I could do it at night but I am toooo tired to pull that kind fo WO out at night anymore.

Better jump in the shower - later gators!

Good Morning Girls !

85 degrees today !:cool:

Katie, I would lean towards switching him now. Might as well get him settled, once the baby comes he will have a lot of new things to get used to , if he's already settled into his new school that won't have to be one of them.....and you aren't completely happy with where he is now. But I hate making changes .:rolleyes:

I'm enjoying my week of only cardio. It's kind of a nice change !;) Today is TM again. I'm feeling much better, so I might start the rotation on Monday.

What's everyone doing this weekend ?? It's almost here !!!

GOOD morning Kate- you posted while I was writing. Good luck with the pool. I would LOVE , LOVE , LOVE to have a pool. but I wouldn't get any house work done if I had one ! :)

Well, I have gained FIVE POUNDS in 2 weeks. YIKES.:mad: All my fault of course. So Insanity it is. Bring it on, Shaun T!

Becky, I never get any housework done anyway!:p
I'm jealous if your 85*! It is thundering and raining here!
How's your trap feeling?

I just LOVE a quiet shower in the morning! Can't beat it!

Morning!

Sorry about being MIA yesterday-suffering with a bout of hypo and the kids and DH were stressing me out too. I haven't worked out in two days which is also part of my problem. I know it's the best thing for me but I just can't get motivated and the weather's not helping either. Eats are good though and the anxiety does help with weight loss;) Anyway, today after I drop off Nevena, I'm going to meet my former English teacher for coffee at my aunt's bakery:) Then this afternoon I have a volunteer appreciation reception at school. I will try and resist!! MAybe an oat bran muffin top at teh donut shop and nothing this afternoon-it's all packaged stuff there anyway. And I'll try for my lower body workout later today, upper body tomorrow, cardio on Saturday, and lower body again on Sunday. I can do this!!

Katie, you go with two workouts in a row! Kids are tough-he'll be fine either way. Do what's best for you-if that means leaving now, then do it.

Kate, I hear ya on the lbs.! I was way up a few days ago, back to a more comfortable weight yesterday, hoping for an even better reading today. Insanity will do the trick, that's for sure!

Becky, send that warmth north!! It's another stormy day here:(

Kate, you did not gain 5 pounds in 2 weeks. You've been eating differently and you are retaining water. This is easily fixed, girlfriend!

Becky, what rotation are you doing next?

Thanks for the advice on the Collin situation. The daycare where he is now does not have an after school program, so he will have to be switched in late August anyway. I am just tempted to switch him now so he can get used to the new place now instead of having to go two new places in one day (when he starts school).

Katie, I'm not 100% committed to it yet, but am thinking about FF's 2010 Summer rotation.
Klaudia- when you say hypo, are you dealing with thyroid issues? If you've talked about it, somehow I missed it.
Hope you feel better soon. I DEF. can relate to thyroid stuff!

And Kate, I agree with Katie, you didn't gain 5 pounds of fat. Drink lot's of water.......you'll see it disappear fast.

I did an iTREAD , walk on TM. Good stuff !!! :)

Good Morning Everyone!

I am having a blah day. I woke up not feeling well because of my allergies so I did not workout. Dragged myself into work and just can't wait for the weekend. I should workout tonight but not sure if I will have the time. My in-laws are supposed to get test results on their dog and we may go over there if the news is not good. On a brighter note, I did sign up for a free kettlebell workshop on Sunday. It is being given by a certified crossfit kettlebell instructor in my area.

Wendy, I agree with Kate - you will be the biggest loser. Glad to hear JJ is doing better.
Lisa, sorry you are not feeling better. I know you are counting the days.
Katie, I agree with most people and think you should switch Collin now. There are a lot of changes coming his way and this gives everyone time to adjust to one change at a time. Yeah on 2 workouts in a row!
Kate, hope the pool works out. Love the idea of restarting insanity. I am thinking of doing Meso 2 (one body part per day) and Insanity in June.
Becky, Glad you are enjoying your cardio week - I loved my recovery weeks with STS because I could only do cardio and stretching.
Klaudia, sorry to hear the last couple of days were tough. Good plan for getting back on track for your workouts.

b: egg & egg whites w/ ezekiel bread toast
l: steamed tofu & veggies w/ brown rice & peanuts
s: blueberries & yogurt w/ walnuts
d: if we are home then pork otherwise ????

morning everyone. blah day here cause i slept horribly. i did go to my meeting, but i did not go to bed until hours after usual. i could not get up to wo this am, but dh came home early, took the boys to school, and i ran 6 miles and did some hiit. clean eats will help too.

klaudia, hope the hypo stays away. is the meeting with the teacher for fun or are you looking at working stuff?

colleen, take it easy on yourself. hope your day imporves.

wendy, youa re totally rockin the wos!!! you are def the biggest loser.

katie, if it was me, i'd switch now. what if you do not like the new place and need to make another change? not to think the worst, but you know how child care goes:rolleyes:

kate, hope your knee holds up to insanity too. be careful. and i agree with katie - not 5 lbs in 2 weeks, it is water!

becky, it is good to hear how much you are enjoying just cardio. i am hoping to at least do that next week on our trip.

clean break and snack this am. dh is looking at the houses i like tonight. my dad babysat my kids last night and really upset me by some stuff he said (he was not trying to upset me, but it did). i need to just let it go and do what is best for us. bbl

morning chicas! running a little late for the gym, pump (TBS) and then the cardio/ ball and band class.weigh-in is tomorrow. back for personals ater the gym!!

Hi everyone!

Angie, hope you all are having a great time and you can do the portion control!!

Lisa, hope you are feeling better today!

Wendy, you are doing great with your workouts!! Good luck w/your weigh-in!!

Katie, glad you are feeling better! I agree w/the changing schools now so that he does not have too many changes at the same time.

Kate, like the others said, you know you didn’t gain 5 pounds :) A couple of good sweaty w/os and lots of water, and it will all go away!

Becky, 85 sounds great :D It has been quite cool here, then yesterday we had storms and 100% humidity so it was very icky outside, today isn’t much better!

Klaudia, you can do it, once you get started back it will be much easier :)

Colleen, I hope there is not bad news about the dog! The kettlebell workshop sounds fun! I hope you feel better.

Nina, I seem to always sleep bad when my sched gets messed up! Sorry about the issues w/your dad :(

Another fast day here! Trying to get payroll done for tomorrow and get caught up on my work! With the holiday, I only have 11 work days left before vacation and I am behind!! Thinking about doing drill max this evening. Will bbl.

Clintonya

Quickie...... gotta get ready for the bus in a minute

Thanks for the ##### encouragement! Today eats are much better - need to up the h2o!

Klaudia, I hope your day today brightens you up! :D:D

Katie, Good luck w/ your decisioN!

Becky, Nice job on your WO

Colleen, I love Meso 2 and would like to do it too during Insanity. We'll see...

Wendy, Have a great time at the gym!

Clintonya, Way to countdown! "like" :p
DrillMax - you are awesome!

Katie - I say do the earlier switch also if that's where he'll be in the long run anyway. How's your nausea treating you lately?

Angie - Have fun and sending good PC vibes!

Kate - Hmmm...have you taken a pg test? I wonder.... I love DM also!

Nina - Sorry for the bad sleep and issues with the family.

Klaudia - Glad to see you feeling better.

Clintoya - Eugh, payroll. Hope you get your wo in.

Colleen - Sorry for still feeling yucky. Hope your allergies clear up.

Wendy - I think you'll do awesome as well! Don't be so hard on yourself!

Becky - How's the injury?

Okay, quick post. Got an assembly at the kids' school that I have to leave for soon and still need to get ready and P ready. Hoping for a better day so I can at least workout. Long day ahead. Assembly in the morning then need to head out to town to get dd's tights for her recital then in the afternoon dentist to check out that thing on my gum then dd's dress rehearsal. Hoping the nausea stays at bay. Hate, hate, hate that feeling.

Lisa, What a busy-mama day you have today! Hope P cooperates with you! I feel bad dragging Julia to and fro on busy days. Hearing you talk about the nausea almost makes me miss it! How WEIRD is THAT?!?! I really doubt I'm preg. I get super nauseous too and I dont have any of that. Also, I make almost zero cervical fluid - I doubt the sperm has anything to swim in to get to the egg!:p

-
Just finsihed Insanity! YYEEEEEAH! Sweaty sweaty mess! LOOOOVE it!

kate, great job with the insanity. will you do the rotation as it is called for?

lisa, you sound pretty darn good. somedays all i think i do is haul the kids around.

clintonya, yea for vacation being so close by.

gotta talk to dh. bbl

Nina, Is it going good w/ DH home?
Not *exactly* sure what I'm doing w/ Insanity - Ill see how I feel as I go!

Had to run to the store to get fondant. My sis Libby is coming over to help out. I'm starting Phase 1 of Isabel's bday cake. Her bday is next week but her party is Saturday. All the fam & her friends too - should be fun! And LOUD! :D

Last edited:
kate, what kind of cake are you making for I? does she get to pick or is it a surprise?

lisa, you are so busy! sending no nausea vibes to you!!!!!

clintonya, hope you get drillmax in tonight! you are as busy as lisa!!

nina, sorry you didnt sleep so great last night. what did your DH think about the house options?

katie, i would switch collin earlier if it was me. give him time to acclimate to that change before the new baby rather than him associating the change with the baby.

the gym was FAB, I ROCKED IT!!!! I had the times wrong so it wasnt body vive, it was body attack (cardio intervals w/some plyo and body weight stuff) and then body pump. I am feeling my legs already and i think my shoulders will creep up on me later. if i can still walk then i will go back for yoga tonight. tomorrow is weigh-in.

b - half a luna protein bar, i wasnt feeling hugry and it didnt taste that good to me but i needed something
l - turkey/chs/must/lett/tom on wheat
d - no idea, DH goes into work late so I might just get a br rice sushi roll. the whole foods here has a full sushi bar inside.

Hi Everyone!

Well I am feeling less blah after lunch with some of my old coworkers. I ended up with a grilled chicken salad for lunch. I am still congested and I really want to work out tonight but I am not sure if I am up for it. I hate allergies.

Nina, that was so sweet that DH took the kids this morning so you could workout.
Wendy, great workout!
Clintonya, yeah your vacation is almost here! Drillmax sounds like fun!
Kate, way to rock Insanity. What kind of cake are you making for I's bday? Hope the pool man gave you good news.

Lisa, hope your dd’s dress rehearsal went well. Do you have any pics? You are doing a great job keeping up w/all you are doing while feeling so sick!

Kate, how old is she going to be? I am sure your girls feel so special w/a mom like you :)

Wendy, I can’t wait until Sunday after it is all over :) It’s fun for them, but even they get to that point by about the beginning of the 3rd show! You have become super-workout-woman :D

Colleen, glad your lunch helped :) I love drillmax :)

Got drillmax done and just been trying to get around the house stuff done. Somehow it is already 9:00! Eating has been good this week, especially with having to be out so much. We will see how the weekend goes!

Clintonya

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.