{{ MELTING on Monday! }}

Hi to Deb and all who follow? WHY IS IT ALWAYS MONDAY??? Ugh.

I'm tired and beyond cranky and I have The Hunger.

Robin - check your PMs!!!

Good morning all! (waves to Deb and Shellers) This morning was iTread 33 Extreme with Grace. Upper Body Circuit tonight!

Love to all, have longer drives today so hope to check back in later!:D

Hi melters!

Shelly- Yuck about the appetite. It will be a good day to guzzle H20, then you will be in the bathroom so much you won't have time to eat! LOL!

Deb- i am jealous about your iTread. i heart iTread and Cardio coaches, but Plantar Fasciitis has returned in a severe way to my left foot! I did do CC#3 on the bike the other day.

today will be HIIT on the EXT or bike. I am waiting for AOS newport to arrive. If not I'll have to do some evil Cathe weight work.

Are you ladies enjoying the Olympics? I am but, it is getting hard to watch my family eat Ben and Jerry's ice cream while watching and not join in! Watching the finish to the womens' marathon was amazing to me.

Good morning all.

Morning Deb.

Shelley, I saw a PM about the hotel. That sounds fine, but I was waiting until at least after Labor Day to set up a reservation. K? Sorry it's Monday for you. I'm off today with no real plans. I have a feeling the hours will be quickly filled with small chores. I may make some zucchini bread. Yum.

BG, the celebration was great! Well worth the price of the bottle.

Judy, stay strong re: B&J. Maybe one spoonful... Hey, sweet thing, are you or have you done NROLFW? I was looking at the stage one workouts this morning and they seem awfully easy after using Cathe as a guide for years. What do you think?

I think I hear a baby stirring. He'll leave for the sitter's in an hour or so, then I'm babyless until this afternoon. Whoo hoo! Par-tee at my crib!

Shelley, I say give in to The PMS Hunger, but keep it clean. I always figure if I'm that hungry, there must be a reason.

Judy, I commiserate. I can't even do one spoonful of ice cream without eating the whole pint. I suggest making yourself a bag of Orville Redenbacher's Organic Smart Pop and pretty soon they'll all be envious of YOU.

Breck, high 5 on the itread!

Yesterday I did Push Pull UB premix and CoreMax. I hope my lower back is okay today because I may have pushed it a bit too far.

I'm catching the next bus to Robin's crib for the Par-tay!

Good morning!

Deb - Hi - come back!!!

Shelley - thank heavens it's not REALLY always Monday. I'd just crawl under a rock somewhere and hide. But they do come around far too often.

Breckie - two workouts in one day. Ugh. Mr. Trainer Man is gonna wear you out!

Judy - sorry to hear about the plantar faciitis. I know that's really painful. I hope it lets up soon.

Robin - Enjoy your baby-free day off!

Nancy - I hope your back is okay. Does gentle stretching help?

We're getting a nice break from summer. Extra-cool mornings, low humidity and get this - it didn't reach 90 F all weekend! Maybe we'll get an early fall - LOL! It sure feels like fall after the brutal heat we've been having.

My back is improving and I was able to do some carefully modified workouts this weekend. But by the end of each day, after yard work, etc., it sure was tired. Today I'm doing Low Max.

Hey all - I'm a little early at the spot where I was supposed to meet the van, so I'm checking back in!

Hi Shannon! How was your weekend? We were lower temps too, and today it should stay in the 80s... that is so freaky! I'll take it though. Lead + 90s or 100s does not a peppy BG make! Glad to hear the back is better. How are the horses?

Judy - sorry about your PF! Do you have it in just one foot or is it both? I hate that for you! :(

Robin - ah, a nice peaceful you-only day off! I'm so happy for you! Glad the celebration was wonderful!

Nancy - nice call on the popcorn. B&J is really hard to resist! :p Hope your back is okay too. Any shopping today? :cool: Oh, let's hear some about those products. My hair is ATROCIOUS today. It's like the curl is taking a vacation - I don't know what's up. Time for a product change.

See y'all later! Howdys to all that follow!!!

OK, I had fully intended to spend plenty of time online today. Then my friend from CT called this morning and as soon as I saw her number on the caller id I realized we had planned for her to come visit today (with her 4 kids, yikes!) I can't believe I'd completely forgotten. So now I am scrambling a bit to clean up and get ready for her to arrive. I also have to figure out what I can cook to feed them. Eek!

So I probably won't be on again until she leaves some time this afternoon.
See ya then.

Shannon, sorry for being out of the loop. Did you injure your back?

Breckgirl, I highly recommend the DevaCare line of products. Lowpoo, One Conditioner, and Arc Angell. The idea behind the Lowpoo shampoo is that curly hair is dry, and lowpoo allows you to wash your hair frequently because it's low in detergents. The One Conditioner makes your hair soft instantly, and then you wash it out. The Arc Angell leave-in product gives your style some hold, but not too much, and it rinses out easily with the Lowpoo. It's an excellent line for curlyheads like us.

Ooops, time to get to work. Have a good day, all.

Nancy - thanks! I'll give them a shot. Anywhere special to buy them, or are they widely available? Have a great day at work! Do you walk there?

Morning. Oh god, it's Monday. Which means yours truly is in a rotten mood...again. (Shocker, I know...)

I had an ok weekend. Actually it was pretty emotional. I had the worst meltdown on Saturday night that I've had in years. I think it was actually a panic attack. I was on the phone with my sister and it all just came pouring out. The good news is that she and I made up. :) We bonded while sobbing about my parents and the disastrous state of my family.

Yesterday Jim and I woke up around 9am and I was back in bed at 10:30 and slept until 1pm. I just couldn't stay awake anymore. I cried a lot to him yesterday about how tired I am. No one understands. I'm not just "sleepy". The exhaustion and fatigue is crippling. It makes me dizzy. So he and I basically just sat on the couch all day, ordered in pizza for lunch, watched movies, and did n.o.t.h.i.n.g. (including not working out) It was splendid. Well, we did finally get up and shower around 5pm and go to his parent's house for dinner. So, technically we did do something.

I received an 8 page letter from my mother in the mail on Saturday. 'nuff said.

Nancy: nice workouts this weekend! Your dinner at that Italian restaurant sounds positively heavenly. Man oh man, I do love me some Italian food. ;)

Judy: hello there! Yuck about your plantar fascitis. I've never had that but I've heard it's just awful and incredibly painful. I've been watching the Olympics on and off. I caught the Handball tournament yesterday. What a bizarre sport.

Ok, I've got to go. I'm starving and need a snack....

Shannon, I'm glad to hear your back is getting better.

Nancy, I hope you haven't hurt yours.

Lainie! Yikes! Don't clean until they are gone!

Allie, hugs. I hope your mom isn't dumping on you.

I just got done a NROLFW workout. I dunno. Seemed short and way to easy, even with fairly heavy weights. I'll try to tack on some cardio later on. Right now I think I'll head for the shower, have a snack and go into town. I have a bunch of nusiance errands to run.

Morning All..

Robin, happy your celebration went well last night!:D I hate pesky type errands too. Actually I have a few of those to run myself today. I looked over that book, and decided against it, I am enamored with kettlebells at the moment and want to really take it as far as I can and see what happens.

Judy, ouchie on the foot deal.:confused: I have no idea what it is, but if its on your foot its gotta hurt!

Shannon, hey chica, good to see ya this morning!

Nancey, is your office close to your home or do you travel by subway or taxi?NYC fascinates me, I have no idea how you city folk do it!

BG, hair freaking out huh? I have literally given up on mine and wear it in a ponytail..

Alli..sending you lots of energy filled hugs today!

Lainie, I love BG's idea...grilled cheese sounds perfect!

Shelley, yep you and I are both suffering from the HUNGER and PMS...ick. The combo of Monday and PMS is not a good one.

Need to go meet the guy who is making me a new set of car keys since I dropped the only set we had into the depths of the ocean yesterday....yeah, not a good day yesterday...

Robin - I was doing NROLW-esque when I was clinging onto workout mojo (which was dying a slow steady death). I was like you - after the first workout I went, "um - that's IT?" But I think as you progress, and go heavier it's bound to be more intense.

Tneah - awww, that's horrible about the keys! However did you drop them in the ocean? Were you tossing them about wildly? ;)

Allie - (((HUGS)))) Sorry about the 8-pager... I don't know what's in it, but I'm sorry for it. I hope you find healing soon. Glad you had one of those absolutely nothing days - I want one, and I want pizza with it too. :) Just think, Monday has already started, so it can't be Monday again for a whole week!

Hey there...

Breckie - my weekend was very nice, though it wore my poor back out! Stupid thing. But oh my - I got a lot of mowing done. You wouldn't believe how tall my grass was.

Lanie - have fun with your friend... and take Breckie's advice!

Nancy - I pulled it or something several weeks back and thought it was okay. Then it started misbehaving a week or so after the fact. I'm just resting it and hoping it'll go away for good.

Allie - check your PMs.

Robin - I saw you said the same thing about New Rules in the Smileyville thread. I agree! I never tried the workouts when I read New Rules for men (before the women's version came out), but I thought the workouts seemed awfully easy too. And I didn't like a lot of the exercises. I'll just stick with Cathe!!

Tneah - oh dear. You dropped your keys into the ocean? Another hazard of living near the water, huh?

Shannon-you're the greatest ever. When I have a little more energy to to think straight I'll be sure and respond to your PM. I promise. :)

robin- I did NROL4W up to the end of stage 4. If you do it and I recommend you do, start heavier than you think you need to. The first few weeks for me were more like a recovery week. BUT, very quickly the workouts get very heavy and challenging. Wait until you try the BW matrix:eek::mad::eek:. And throw in 3 HIIT;););) a week every week. At that point I was nicely challenged.

Nancy- so far I have resisted the B&J, but thank you for the popcorn reminder. We have it here and I may need it. I forgot about it until you mentioned it!

PS Robin- I did my HIIT cardio on the same day as NROL4W workouts and then added in a day or two of extra cadrio, yoga or golf. iTreads were great especially the 30 minute iSprints. Some days I did my own intervals more like Alwyn recommended, but 1 minute intense and 1 minute rest. Whe it got too hard I did 90 seconds rest. :eek::eek:You really have to be close to "puke status" on the intervals.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.