^^We're Melting! Thursday^^

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

I just typed here for 20 minutes and hit the send button and my post disappeared! x( UGH!

I will have to come back later because I need to get ready for work now...

Deb

Morning Deb and all who follow~

Deb - I hate when that happens! What time did the pooches get you up today?

Well, I set my alarm because I thought maybe I'd feel well enough to get up and work out this morning, but no such luck. I still feel really crappy, but I'm heading off to work before I have no work to head off to.

Robin - how is DH's car?

Judy - I know you're not around, but I'm guessing you're not golfing in Rochester! I wonder what sunny clime you've headed to?

Shannon - don't worry about melting. I know that you're awesome just as you are (since I've seen you in person). I don't honestly think you have anything to melt, but we like having you around anyway:)

Michele - I'm glad Emily was able to help you with your computer problems. She's da bomb diggity!

Emily - you're da bomb diggity:p

Tneah - how amazing that you've hired a trainer! That's so exciting! I'm glad your pictures were better than expected.

TK - are you busy working on those leg warmers? ;)

Steph - we're behind you all the way, girl! That's what this group is all about.

Lainie - I can't believe how sweet you are (ref. your offer in the Amy Bento thread!). How are you feeling? I'm hoping my feeling craptastic doesn't last as long as yours seems to have!

Leanne - how is it being back at work? Have classes started yet, or not until next week?

Did I miss anyone? If I did, I'm sorry. All right, off to get ready for work.

Good morning, Melters -

Thanks so much for the support, and the welcome even though I may no longer be an official Melter. I really appreciate it. My emotions have settled down and I feel better about the whole thing, but I'll have to save actual planning or whatever until this weekend, and then decide on a new approach. No time to think about that stuff during the week!

Last night I didn't work out, since I had to get my hair cut. So far I like the cut.

I have my orthopedist checkup today at 11. I'll be back after that and will try to find time to post. I expect things will be fine. :)

Deb - aack! How annoying! I hope you find time to come back later.

Shelley - I know where you're coming from when you say "before I have no work to head off to." But they can't blame you for being sick! Take it easy and don't wear yourself out today. And thank you very much for the compliment!!

Okay, time to get to work. Joy.

Good morning melters.

Deb, that happened to me yesterday. I could have sworn I posted in another challenge, but when I looked for it, I couldn't find it. By that time, I was too tired to redo the whole thing.

Shelley, the lights on DH's car went out. He thinks it is just a switch, but because the car is somewhat elderly, it may be hard to find a replacement. He pulled off the road as soon as he realized he didn't have lights, and a passing policeman stopped to see what the trouble was. Of course, he had to produce license, insurance, registration blah, blah, blah. As the policeman was leaving, he said, "You know, you are in violation with your car without lights." Well DUH, why did he think DH had pulled off the road and put on his 4 ways?!?!?

Shannon, I find myself making new plans every day. LOL. I seem to have a hard time making any kind of meaningful goals and an even harder time reaching them. Sigh. Some times I think I'm just coasting through life. I guess coasting is better then truging up hill the whole time though.

I'm getting ready to do the postponed grocery shopping. Later I'll be doing a CC on the bike. See the rest of you melters later. Stay strong and focused all.

Hiya Melters,
Thanks for all of the support yesterday. I was having a self pity day. I really appreciate all of the kind words and advice. Leanne, I'm trying to do better logging my food intake, thanks for reminding me about that. That used to help me a lot. I did drop a pound this morning, thanks to getting back on track with my water intake. So I'm feeling more positive today. I skipped ballet class to have a big snowball fight with my boys and DH, but I don't feel guilty at all. I was going to get up and workout this morning, but I'm simply not a morning exerciser. Will do probably Muscle Endurance this afternoon.

Deb: Sorry you lost your post. That happens to me a lot. Man, it's frustrating!
Shelley: Hope you get to feeling better soon!!
Robin: Sorry about your DH's run-in with the not-too-swift police officer. Hope you enjoy your grocery trip today!! Will you be riding your bike outside or is it a stationary bike?
Shannon: I totally understand what you're going through with the planning. I'm a big planner, and I get SO frustrated when things don't go exactly as I had planned them to. I agree with Robin that sometimes coasting isn't such a bad thing; I know it's something I need to get used to more if I'm going to actually enjoy life.

It's been a very enlightening week.

Thanks guys!!

Happy Melty Thursday!

I took an unscheduled rest day today, due to feeling constantly tired and burnt out. I am feeling better (more energetic) already, so I think it's doing me some good. I'll be back to my regularly scheduled workouts tomorrow. :)

Deb, sorry you lost your big long post. That stinks! :(

Shelley, yesterday I told you to feel better and you didn't listen. So stop being stubborn and FEEL BETTER! :p

Shannon, you are certainly more than welcome to hang with the melters even if you're not trying to melt. We enjoy the company! :D Actually, I may be joining you soon because I feel like I've reached a point where trying to melt much more will become an obsession and I'll have to deny myself things I love, and I'm not sure it's worth it. I'm going to have to give it some serious thought.

Robin, how dumb was that police officer? LOL! Moron! I hope your DH can get his lights easily fixed.

Stephanie, I think we all have self-pity days. :) You're doing GREAT though!

I hope everyone else is having a lovely day so far. It's almost FRIDAY! :D

Hello everyone. Ewan and I are having a quiet day at home while Isaac is at school and Brian is at work. I woke up coughing a bit but I feel better now. Overall I'm feeling pretty well, just can't seem to get over having a bit of a sore throat. Last night I was feeling so well I was bouncing all over the house, so I hope I am so bouncy when I do 4DS BC today. So far I'm really enjoying my 4DS rotation. And I am pretty sore after yesterday's leg work. My booty is hurting. It's hard for me to do much leg/butt work because it's not my chief concern. I have a natural decent bubble butt, though it could be smaller (but that's more about food than exercise for me). I am more worried about my post-baby belly and chubby arms.

I'm going to try to catch up with some personals from yesterday as well as today.

Deb, sorry your post disappeared. Congrats on the weight loss! Did you get my email with the Compendium yesterday?

Shelley, well, I have your address now (the scrappy stuff is on the way--sent it Tuesday, btw) so one day I may surprise you with something random. :) I just like to send little gifts. I'd better be careful saying that or everyone will send me their address. :eek:

Shannon, good luck at the orthopedist today--I see mine tomorrow.

Robin, last year I had the crazy idea of giving up shopping for Lent, so the only time I could shop was when I bought groceries--drove me nuts but I did enjoy grocery shopping more. ;)

Stephanie, I gained a ton with my babies, too (part of the reason I think I might stick with just 2). Then it's so hard to get the body back. Ugh.

Leanne, I'm really liking the 4DS rotation. I'm sore every day but not where I can't walk or anything, so I figure that's good. Also, like I said above, I was bouncing and dancing around last night. I've been sick for so long I forgot how it felt when I felt good and energetic.

Michele, with my Mac I use Firefox. I started with Safari but had some issues but I've really enjoyed using Firefox--much better than Safari or any other browser I've used, I think. I couldn't move files from my PC because my PC went completely kaput and I lost everything that I hadn't already put on the internet or printed or sent to someone else or something. Grrr. I didn't have anything that important on my PC, though. It's part of what I love about Mac--the .mac system where you can back your stuff up online.

Emily, congrats on melting again. And Macs rock, don't they? :)

Tneah, not much of a wrestlin' fan, but growing up in very rural Texas I certainly heard a lot about it back in the '80s (before Stone Cold dude and The Rock, I guess). I remember some brothers named the Van something-or-others. Why can't I remember the name? Or was it Von something? Von Erick? That sounds familiar. Great, now you've got me on an 80's memory trip. Next thing I'm going to start thinking about the A-Team and Simon and Simon and Duran Duran.

Hi Judy, TK/Jane, and everyone I haven't mentioned yet. Must go get some more coffee.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Ahhhhh. Work has slowed down a bit, so I have more time to do the really important things. :p

Robin - I'm glad your DH is okay and that it wasn't *serious* car trouble. And believe me, coasting is okay. It's that uphill slog that really got me down the last time I caught myself obsessing. I was just plain worn out from it all. I'll be joining you with CC tonight - probably my modified verison of Candace.

Stephanie - a snowball fight???!!! You're so lucky! :7 And you're certainly right - it's been an enlightening week. Let me know if you get too stressed out about planning. I'm right there with you, girl.

Emily - good for you on the rest day! I'm sorry you've been feeling so burned out. Maybe a bit of the obsessing is affecting you that way too? It does me.

Good morning, everyone!

How is everyone doing today? Today is going to be a hectic day, but a good one. I've added Butts and Guts into my 4DS rotation this week, so I'll be doing that this morning. Then I'll be heading off to a hair appointment (I love getting my hair done!), before meeting up with the DH for dinner and a play.

I'll be starting my third week of the 4DS tomorrow, and I've really been liking it more and more. I think that my body responds well to heavy weights. The first week of the rotation, I was eating like a horse, but this past week I feel like I've got my eating under control -- and it seems like I'm getting a little bit more definition.

After finishing three weeks of 4DS, I was thinking of finally trying out my Barry's Boot Camp set. Have any of you done it? From what I've heard about it on the forums, I'm a little nervous since it seems to be so intense!

I may not get a chance to check back in later. Have a great day, everyone!

Deb -- Oh, how frustrating that your post got lost! I hate when things like that happen!

Shelley -- Are you SURE you're alright to make it into work today? If you do go in, just take it easy! I start back to teaching on Tuesday, although I've been doing prep work this week.

Shannon -- Glad your haircut came out well -- and that you'll continue with the Melters even if you won't be officially melting. It sounds like a smart idea to not focus on melting right now so that you can re-energize your mind.

Robin -- How frustrating about your DH's car! I hope it won't cost an arm and a leg to get it fixed. Did you end up going out for dinner last night? If so, I hope you enjoyed it guilt-free! Are you still using your Diet Minder? How is that working out?

Stephanie -- Glad that you're doing better today!:) Sometimes it's hard not to let the scale dictate your mood. Like you said, maybe getting back into logging your food is a good idea since it might help you feel more in control. I'm glad, too, that you had a fun snowball fight instead of worrying about missing ballet class. It's important to enjoy those moments in life!

Michele -- Try not to stress about not working out lately! You'll get back into the swing of things soon! How is your sister doing?

Emily -- Enjoy that rest day! How great it was that Cathe loved your scrapbooking pages! They really are fantastic!

TK -- I may need to check out those legwarmers on Ebay!;-)

Tneah -- Did you manage to stay away from the pizza with cheese yesterday? Pizza is one of my greatest weaknesses! Have you heard back from your trainer yet? Let us know what he says! And thank you so much again, too, for Monica's book! I started reading it last night, and it's so interesting! I've been worried about eating more than one protein powder serving a day, but she says that she drinks two protein shakes everyday. That made me feel better! It's definitely an inspirational book!

Lainie -- How was coffee yesterday? And how is the 4DS coming along? I tweaked my rotation a bit last week, but am still enjoying it. I'm thinking of extending it to one more week, but I get bored easily and may need to move on after those three weeks are up.

Judy -- Hope you're well!

Hey there Melter's!

I think we need to open a hospital wing for sick Melter's. My throat is so sore today! This is part of that cold that doesn't know if it should come or go -- where I've been feeling a little under the weather but not too godawful. Well, this morning I'm feeling godawful ;( . And did I do a workout yesterday? Um, no I didn't ;( . Again, the godawfulness was beginning and I pooped out on the couch and COLD NOT get up and get moving.

I talked to my sister again and she will be having a meeting with her boss tomorrow after work. Her union rep will be with her. She doesn't know what to expect. There are 3 possibilities -- a verbal reprimand, a written reprimand, or nothing but a talking too. Again -- there was a MINOR incident and its inconceivable to everyone who knows about it that her boss is threatening disciplinary action. She's pretty upset so your continued prayers are greatly appreciated.

My security system is on the fritz, too, and they're coming out this morning to look at it. Speaking of the devil -- they just pulled in the driveway. I'll BBL for personals :*

Hey There Melters!

Shannon, I think your making some really good choices for you. Like I said before and like Emily said, when you are at a happy weight it means giving up some of the stuff you love and is it worth it? So true. I think you are fabulous just the way you are!:7 I am having some talks with myself this week before I start my program, need to keep it in perspective.

Shelley, please take care, do you still have a fever? If so, maybe work is not the best place for you young lady.;)

Robin, sounds like the "men in blue" in PA are about as bright as they are here in Las Vegas.x( Sorry, that maybe was a sweeping statement, but still....

Leanne, hope you are enjoying the book

Lainie, I was overjoyed to hear you were bouncing and dancing!:7 Oh, and you can bounce some of that natural bubble butt over my way! I love big butts and I cannot lie.....:7 I have tried everything to build my own J.Lo booty...:p Glad you are feeling so much better.

Stephanie, great news on the pound! I think I should drink more water, I try and get two quarts in each day, plus a few pints extra...its good for you and helps flush out excess sodium and stuff.

Emily, yeah for your melty loss too! Nice to see you around, another good "common sense with a twist" gal around here...love it!

Michele, aren't Macs great once you get them working?:)

Deb, I know, that happened to me too. I hate it when you type forever and "poof!"

Hi to TK and Judy, and anyone else!

I survived the meeting yesterday, I picked at the toppings on one of the pizza's, yeah, I am a "picker".:p But didn't give in to the whole piece. I also enjoyed some light ice cream last night...I am calling this one of my "last suppers" before I get my program from Mr. Trainer man. Oh, I call this Friday am to get the goods and the whole program. I just walked yesterday, I just didn't feel like working out at all yesterday so I didn't!
I have to go to the dentist and have two crowns replaced this afternoonx( happy, happy, joy, joy. At least they have the "funny gas", I seriously get panic problems sitting in that chair...yuk.
Talk at you all later....

Crap! Michele, Leanne and myself all posted at the same time! Michele, your sister is in my thoughts today, and Leanne have fun at the salon--I hate getting my hair done, I get so ansty!:)

It's me again... just wanted to say hi to the people who checked in after me. :)

Lainie, Mac definitely rock! :D I'm so glad you're feeling better.

Tneah, you're too sweet! "common sense with a twist" ;) Good luck with your dental work this afternoon! That's never fun.

Shannon, you're so right. Obsessing only adds to the burned-out-ness. Also, I think Cathe's January rotation is pretty intense, and maybe I just need to tone it down a little bit. I'll have to fiddle with it a bit...

Leanne, I'm glad you're enjoy 4DS so much! Those workouts really are great, aren't they?

Michele, I hope you're not getting sick too! Get some Zicam and/or Airborne! I totally missed where you posted about the incident with your sister and her boss... I'll have to go back and find that. Whatever it is, I'm sending positive thoughts to her!

Me again,

Just wanted to say, yeah, the Jan. rotation is intense, I have done everything "as is". Until yesterday when I pooped out and just walked. This morning I did the Bootcamp and the legs from 4DS, instead of Legs and Glutes.
I really miss those 4DS workouts, they just feel so good don't they? And they never leave me feeling wiped out, just worked out in a good way!

Ok, peace out..time to go space out at the dentist..:eek:

Well, I'm back for the third time today. I just got back from the orthopedist and....

I GOT THE GREEN LIGHT!!!!!!! I can continue to carefully work back into my regular routine. He said to just make sure I warm my calves up thoroughly before each workout. Ah, life is good. :7

It seems like I missed some people on my last post. I guess we were typing at the same time.

Lanie - I'm glad you're feeling better and bouncier! Just take it slow and steady. Trust me. I speak from experience. ;)

Tneah - thanks! I thought your idea of the "last suppers" was cute. But to toss your words back to you, keep it all in perspective! I don't want you to suffer with this personal trainer!

Leanne - I'm glad you're having so much fun with 4DS. I hope to try it soon, now that I've got the go-ahead. I love the weights but haven't done the cardio yet. Have fun with B&G. Are you doing the original routine or a premix?

Dang I'm hungry. I need more food. :9

Shannon, just wanted to tell you--thanks. You keep it "real" and I really appreciate you.;) Enjoy that peanut butter.:9 And I am so happy for you and your calf!:7

Hey everyone. I just finished 4DS Boot Camp. It was tough today. I almost gave up (during the warm-up) because I was so sore from yesterday and thought about switching today with tomorrow on the rotation (which would have meant yoga today) but I decided to stick with the plan. It also took extra-long because Ewan woke from his nap too early and was underfoot. Then I had to go pick Isaac up at the bus stop before I was done. Then they were fussing and fighting so I kept having to pause to wrangle with them. But I'm done. Whew. My arms are burnin' already.

OK, hurts to type right now so I'm going to go.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

I just wanted to pop back in to say hi to all those I missed!

Shannon: Thanks for the sweet words! I am so glad that you got good news at the doc!!

tneah: Hope the dentist appointment went well. I haven't gone in an embarrassingly LONG time. I have a phobia.

Leanne: I am glad you are enjoying the 4DS. I like it a lot, but I think it's a little more reserved than her other step workouts -- the music/goofiness, etc. If that makes any sense. I like the 80s flashback songs and the funny little one-liners in her old stuff (not to be negative. I love love love all the DVDs she makes, just some more than others). I am really loving BodyMax2 because of the music and fun, but it's SOOOOO hard. I do like how 4DS is a good mix of cardio and weights and like Tneah said, it doesn't leave you wiped out. I may do that tonight instead of Muscle Endurance.

Lainie: Glad you are feeling better. I know that post-baby body is SO HARD to tackle. I'm STILL working on it (three years later), as my rant yesterday illustrated. I think the hardest part is regaining the energy that we had pre-baby/pre-pregnancy. DH and I really want three, so I'm excited to be on this new adventure toward hopefully conception, but I dread the weight battle afterward (if we are so blessed). BUT one thing I'll have that I didn't have the two times before is this amazing forum and a substantial Cathe library to help get me back into shape. All things come in time. I'm learning that SLOWLY.

Forgot to tell you guys that I ordered a high step yesterday, so I'm super excited. I ordered it from Walmart.com, and they are shipping it to my local Walmart for me to pick up in a couple of weeks (hopefully sooner). I can't wait to be able to do leg presses!!!! (Did I just say that?)

Hope you guys have a great evening!!

Hi all!

Just wanted to check back in with people who posted this afternoon.

You poor sickies out there! We need to send some magical get-well stuff to our sick Melters!

OK, so doing all of Butts and Guts was a mistake this morning since I had done kickboxing yesterday -- bad planning on my part! About 10 minutes into it, I got worried since my legs were seriously shaking, but I finished it up. I just tried not to overdo it!

Shannon -- What wonderful news!!! That is so fantastic that you can get back to your regular routine. Hopefully this will help you feel less obsessive about exercise and eating! So what workout will you start with to kick things off?

Stephanie -- How exciting about the High Step! You'll find the extra risers come in really handy for a lot of other workouts. I know exactly what you mean about the less silliness in the 4DS workouts. I miss that, too!

Lainie -- I noticed on your blog that you said that your back was sore after doing 4DS KB. I always have the same problem! As soon as the back work starts, my lower back starts killing me. I feel like I can't move the next day.

Michele -- Rest and take it easy! Don't worry about working out since you're sick. And keep us posted about your sister. I'm still sending all my positive thoughts her way!

Tneah -- I'm a "picker" with food, too! How did the dentist go? You poor thing! I hate the dentist and the eye Dr. I'm glad you enjoyed that pizza yesterday! Are you going to stuff yourself tonight since tomorrow is the start of your 12-week challenge? You'll be awesome!!

Hey everyone~

Thanks for all the get well vibes. Hopefully they'll start working soon! If I feel like this when I get up in the morning, I'm staying home. Work about killed me today.

Robin - boy, you grow some bright police officers down there in PA:p

Shannon - I'm glad to hear you got the green light to work your way back into your normal routine

Stephanie - oh boy, a high step!!! Ummmmmmm... wait.... you're looking FORWARD to leg presses? Now I know you're insane.:p

Lainie - I gained 60 lbs with Sophie. Thankfully, I have good genes so no stretch marks. And she had colic, so basically I didn't eat for three months and the weight kind of fell off. I lost 75 in a pretty short time span. I guess that happens when your baby cries for literally hours and hours at a time. And hey, who am I to argue with random generosity? I love getting packages! Just as long as I get to return the favour :)

Michele - oh no! You're not sick too?! Take it easy! And I'm still sending lots of good thoughts your sis's way. Sounds like she's in a bad situation, but at least she has the union on her side.

Tneah - did you get your veneers all fixed up? I can't wait to hear what the trainer has to say!

Leanne - did you do the whole of B&G or a premix? I love the premixes on that workout. I tell ya, doing the whole thing just about has me in tears.:p

I'm sure I must have missed someone. Lemme go check and I might be back.

Hey Shelley,

Yes, I did ALL of B&G. For some odd reason, I never do pre-mixes. I have yet to discover the "beauty" of them, I guess. ;-)

You poor, sick thing! Definitely stay home tomorrow if you wake up feeling crummy. It's terrible to have to be at work when you just feel like lying on the couch curled up in a sick ball!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.