^^ It's the weekend MELTERS! ^^

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning,

It seem like all I get to do is start this thread, then life gets in the way! I did do an I-Tread yesterday, today is my "rest" day.

I will try to be back to post more...I hope we don;t start 3 threads again today!:7

Deb

Hi, Deb & all who follow,
No workout for me today because we are resting before the challenge on Monday and Tuesday. We have to go to my nephew's 6th birthday party -- it's a pool party. Woo-hoo! They live in Yoakum, Texas, about an hour and a half away. We won't stay the whole time, though, because my DDs have to finish washing & packing to leave tomorrow for church camp in Colo.

I hope everyone has a nice Saturday!
BBL,

Hi , I'm back,

WOW our thread got really "chatty" yesterday and I missed it all:( I tried to get back here but did not get the chance.

Yesterday I took Keegan to DH's office to meet him for lunch.
He got to meet all the office staff and a big scary dog in
the fenced yard next door!:eek: The dog was about 50 pounds,
barking and growling at my poor baby, who proceeded to take a
stand and barked back! }( ..the little pipsqueak! We went to
an outside hotdog stand ( I know, I know not good!), ate
outside at a picnic table. Then I took him to my brother's
so they could see him.. He loved everybody, which is not
unusual for puppies.

Robin:
HAppy Birthday! Sorry I missed it! I hope you did eat all the treats you wanted! That's what birthdays are for..Yes Keegan will be either in his crate or PuppyPen..not sure which yet. You think your in-laws would lend us that plane so we can all go to the party at Tneah's?

Shannon:
It's nice that you get to enjoy hanging around and talking with your family. Did you get that B&G workout in? Congratulations on the raise.. I guess even a little is good, helps with the gas costs.

Shelly:
How was Strike Zone yesterday? How is your leg today? Any fun plans this weekend? Do you have Sophie? So happy to hear you will be able to go to the RT!

Leanne:
Toss that scale! How lucky you are to have a DH that will do STS with you!:) I agree with everyone..you are getting in such good shape ( heavens wasn't it not too long ago that someone said you were getting "too thin"? I agree with your DH..do STS with a goal to have the testing done again when that is done. Consider this your "benchmark" and work towards a goal from there. If you are 25, I am probably 30 or more! I don;t care what the number is. My weight is down, I can fit into almost all of my "skinny" clothes, my cholesterol is down.. so I am happy! And you should be happy about the bone density number.. mine is in the osteopenia range, ( pre-clude do osteoporosis), and I drink tons of milk, workout with weights, take calcium etc. This is worrisome to me, more than my bodyfat %.

Kara:
Did you get storms? Was the door in? Cudos to you for doing a 60 min I=Tread..45 min is my max.

Tneah:
Yes..Keegan will be crated while we are working, or maybe we will put the "puppy play pen" we bought for outside in the house. I hate to do this because he will "go" in the pen because it is so large, and all that we have worked towards about not doing his business in the house will be ruined..:( . I am torn about which way to go. Right now he can hold it about 2-3 hours during the day.. I need for him to hold it 5 hours, when I can get back home for lunch. I was reading the same Glamour mag you did when I was getting my pedicure the other night! Thanks so much on the product replacement offer.. How rude of those housekeepers!!!..How did you hold back? You are beautiful! Don't let some petty jealous, and I mean jealous, people get you down on yourself. How can you have 17% body fat and think you are fat? Did you tell them that number.. did you say, " I wonder what yours would be"...with a big smile on your face!

Allison:
Welcome! Of course you can join us....the more the merrier as they say! We are all supposed to be melting, but we get a little off track sometimes:7 ..but hey, this is life and we have to enjoy it a little right?;-) How great is that..getting a manicure on your lunch break! Thanks so much for the kind words about my loss of Clancy. Keegan is quickly filling that hole in my heart! I like the idea about 4:00 o"clock Fridays!

Lainie:
YOU WILL WORKOUT MONDAY! Sorry for shouting, but we know you can do it. I hope having the 2 boys home does not de-rail your plans. Will they both nap at the same time so you can get a workout in? Love the pic with the braces. Your hair is very pretty air dried.

Kristi:
All I can say is I am tired just reading your Challenge schedule! How nice that you will be doing the VBS again next year! Good Vibes coming your way!

Well I hope we all have a better weekend! ((HUGS)) to everyone...see you at TNEAH;s!

Deb

Morning all!

I'm shoveling in a big bowl of cereal after doing CC Vol 8 this morning. WOW, that's a tough one! I've got tons to do today. My house is a disaster. And I'm still not caught up on the flippin' laundry!

Deb - how awesome that Keegan stood up to the big, scary dog! I can just picture that!

Kristi - your Challenge schedule looks PUNISHING!

What's this about a party at Tneah's? I must catch up on yesterday's happenings and I'll bbl.

Good grief, y'all were super-chatty yesterday after I left!!!

Kara - did you finally get that door in? If your DH tries to pick a fight again, just bust out some kickbox moves on his butt ;-) I can't believe there's an iTread with a 12% hill at 58 minutes. I don't want that one:p

Shannon - did you get Leg Blast done yesterday? Hey, $60 a month is better than nothing!

Robin - are you feeling the post-birthday blahs? How did you enjoy Strike Zone? I LOVED IT! Really. It's the kind of kickboxing I really love.

Allie - you fit right in, girl! I've never had a manicure. I have icky hands. I've also never had Edy's slow-churned. We don't have it here and I'm not a big ice-cream fan. I gave all my appliances a stern talking to, as suggested.

Lainie - you look beautiful with your Chaka Khan hair and braces! Just shush! I wish you were on my RT too! As for the constipation, I can totally relate. I'm super-sensitive and if the wind blows the wrong way, my system gets all screwed up.

Krisi - again, that Challenge looks incredible! I'm sending lots of positive energy your way. I'm sure the endorphins will keep you going!

Tneah - you just ignore those nasty housekeepers! What the hell do they know anyway? You're gorgeous. Don't you let anyone make you think otherwise!

Leanne - YOU.ARE.NOT.FAT!!! I don't care what the stupid bf% number said, you are NOT! How on earth can a Size 0 be fat? Explain that to me, please? I agree that you should retest after STS. And don't let that ridiculous number bother you one more second!

Thank you all for asking about Karen - she's still in a lot of pain, is on morphine (it was very invasive surgery - in through her abdomen and through all the muscle, etc.) so she's kind of out of it, but they've got her up and moving around as much as she can (which means to the door of her room and back, basically). I have to check with my BIL to see if she's up to seeing people yet. I think if I was her, I'd rather not, but you never know.

Okay, I've written a novel here, so I'm off to get my day started.

Happy weekend, Melters!

Thanks, ladies, for the big ol' Love Fest last night! We missed all our Melters who weren't here to join in. :) I woke up this morning feeling so much better about everything, kind of like how a good cry makes you feel calm when it's all done. I figure that I've been making really good progress the last 10 months since I've been doing the weight training, and I'm getting results, so I'm just going to try my best to be happy with where I'm at. :) Thanks for all the wonderful words of support! It really means the world to me!

Today is a rest day, so I already started Laundry Max and will be doing Clean Max. I need to do a major cleaning where I tackle the baseboards, the shutters, the bookcases, etc., but I've been putting that off. I may just take one afternoon next week to do those kinds of chores. I'm going to try to get some yoga in today b/c my back is feeling tight.

Oh, can I ask you ladies for some advice about the new rotation I'm thinking of doing after I finish up this one more week of full-body? I want to hit the legs more and go back to doing split workouts (I'm not liking the full-body stuff as much as I like splits), while also keeping in one day of kettlebells, so I'm thinking of doing an eight-day week. Here's what I'm thinking of doing:

Day 1 GS Legs + Abs
Day 2 GS Back/Sh/Bis
Day 3 Cardio + Abs
Day 4 Butts and Guts or Leaner Legs
Day 5 GS Chest/Tris + Abs
Day 6 Cardio
Day 7 Kettlebell workout (usually works the abs, too)
Day 8 Rest

Do you think that that looks alright? I might also start with Pure Strength for a few weeks before moving into a few weeks of GS since I bought PS awhile ago, and haven't used it very much.:)

Shelley -- Thanks for the update on Karen; I'd been wondering how she's been since Wednesday. Hopefully she'll feel up to having company soon so you can go visit her. Is the hospital where she's at close to where you live? Did she get the pathology report back yet? Yes, isn't Strike Zone fun? It was neat having Josef in there, too, to really amp things up more . . . and the eye candy factor helped, too. ;-)

Robin -- Did you end up doing Strike Zone yesterday? Hope you don't have the post-b-day blahs!

Kara -- So is the door finally in? I had these awful visions yesterday of a big Wizard of Oz-type storm blowing through your area with that dang hole in the wall there. I agree with Shelley -- if DH tries to pick a fight, give him a good roundhouse to the rear end. ;-) Will you be going out over the weekend to celebrate your anniversary or will you be able to go out on Monday? Hope you can squeeze some time in with all the renovations to have some quiet time with DH!

Deb -- How cute that Keegan stood up to that big bully dog! And how great that he was able to share the cute puppy love at your brother's! Do you have any special plans for your last weekend of vacation? Thanks for the kind words about my body fat stuff. You're completely right that it's better to focus on being healthy and fit, and that's what I'm going to try to do! :)

Kristi -- I'm so glad that you're taking the day off from training to be with family and to spend time with the girls before they leave tomorrow. What a shame that they won't be here the two days you do the challenge! Sending you loads of healing {{{HUGS}}} for that foot of yours! Hope you can stay off it today and just rest!

I'll BBL to see what Tneah, Lainie, Shannon, Allison, Robin, and Jennifer are all up to! Hope you're all having great days so far! :)

Good morning!

I just woke up :eek:. I HATE sleeping late but I also love it. I always wake up at 5:30 automatically and during the week my stomach always drops when I realize I have to get out of bed. On weekends I get all excited that I can actually close my eyes again!!

I'm drinking coffee and debating about a workout. I need to do laundry and dust and vacuum but I really want to go to my Dad's house and lay by his pool. :) I don't want to miss the good mid-day sun. ;) Yes, I'm a sun goddess. Bad, I know, but I can't help it. If I do laundry now, working out at the same time will be hell since the dryer makes my basement (where I work out) a million degrees. I did it last weekend and it was a nightmare. I thought I was going to puke! I also just DO NOT want to dust and vacuum. I really don't. I am being such a baby about it, it's ridiculous. I also bought a desk two weeks ago and it needs to be assembled. I can't do it myself (I've tried, but I'm such a moron when it comes to construction stuff it's ridiculous). My brother said he'd help today but I feel bad bothering him. No one else in my family will help me and, as sad as it sounds, I actually don't have any friends so I can't ask someone else. I know, pitty party for Allison. But, it's true. I have no friends. For the first time in my life. I actually spent last night watching tv and was asleep by 10. Loser.

Anyway, back to reality.
Shelley--I'm so glad you did CC v.8! Sounds killer! I wish I could get up early on the weekends to workout but I just don't have it in me. I'm really stubborn about it since I get up at 4:30 during the week to workout before work I refuse to get up on the weekends. It sets my day back a lot getting up later and working out later but whatev. ;) I'm so happy to hear Karen is doing ok. What a difficult time for you and your family. You are #1 in my thoughts, darling.

Deb--helloooo! Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm so happy that Keegan is quickly filling the whole in your heart after Clancy's passing. He sounds like such a joy. I wish I could have a dog but my life really only allows for cats right now. They're the loves of my life. I'm such a dorky cat lady right now. ;)

Kristi--glad to hear you're taking a rest day you crazy lady! I can't wait to hear how your challenge goes. You and your DH are an inspiration! Have a blast at that pool party!

Leanne--feeling any better this morning? I hope so. You're a special lady, my friend. Don't let a number make you feel like you're not.

Tneah--well, I guess the margarita and ice cream party didn't pan out last night. :( My bad for being a loser and falling asleep at 10pm on a friday night. Ugh. Although I did have a lovely bowl of Edy's slow churned last night. Ah, happiness in a bowl...

Lanie--how are the teeth this morning, lambchop? You're going to kick-a$$ when you start your workouts on Monday. You're a doll.

Robin--did you have a blast last night? Happy Birthday to you again! I hope you had a couple margaritas for me last night. You deserve them more than you know. :)

Kara--how are the home renovations going? Any door yet? I'm sure you're doing some crazy iTread right now.... ;)

Ok, off to "shovel cereal into my mouth" as Shelley would say. Then I have to debate whether to do chores :( or go lay by the pool. :) But I have to get in an iTread first. Peace out, chicas!!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Good morning, Allie! You are SOOOO not a loser, so don't you even think that! Watching TV and having a big ol' bowl of ice cream sounds like the perfect Friday night to me! :) Can you put off the house cleaning and laundry until tomorrow? I say to head over to your dad's and spend some time with him after you do your morning workout. And don't feel bad about calling your brother to help you with that desk! Maybe you can make it worth his while by offering him some ice cream as a treat.:) Did you get the PM I sent you last night about the KB stuff?

OK, off to start cleaning house. UG!

Morning All!:)

*yawn* Well, I slept in too. I think it was all the emotional stuff yesterday, I had terrible dreams about these pet stores where the pets were sick and the dogs only had heads, not bodies. :eek: Yeah, pretty bad, think I was "workin' it all out" in my dreams last night!:7

I was waiting for you all to show up last night? When you didn't I had to drink that pitcher of margarita's and the ice cream myself, couldn't let it go to waste right?:) Kidding! But you knew that already. I was thinking about how much fun it would be to have you all over..OMG how fun!:7

Deb, the visual I got was hilarious...little Keegan standing there growling,his little puppy teeth bared! Go, Keegan go! I am in love with your little man!:7 It sounds like he is potty trained already? Very nice. Georgie was too when we got him, the breeder would hang a ribbon with a bell on the door and the puppies were trained to go over the ribbon and "ring" the bell when they wanted to outside. How cute is that?

Robin, hope this morning finds you with a little food and beverage/celebration hangover.:p

Shelley, isn't number 8 hard? Just when you think you are done, here comes three more challenges! Sending healing vibes to Karen. This is not the same thing of course, but after my hip surgery I too was on morphine, and was not in any shape those few days after surgery to see anyone actually. I was so out of it, I slept and they made me get up to use the bathroom on day 2, so do not feel bad if Karen is feeling the same way!

Leanne, good for you darlin'. I am loving your attitude about your training and your smokin' bod!:7 I like the looks of your rotation alot, but are you sure you should work out 8 days in a row? I can really only do 6 with day 7 as a rest day. Don't overtrain now, cause that will be counterproductive! Maybe I will join you with the yoga today and finally do the Bliss Hips...I know, I am so bad at forcing myself to do yoga when its what I need!

Allison, you have friends girl, we are your friends so there!:7 Get the housework done so when you are lounging poolside it won't be nagging at you, that or wait until tomorrow to do it and bask away!:7 Sounds wonderful, do not burn though okay?

Kristi, I do not blame you one bit for taking a rest day with that schedule!:eek: Are your girls looking forward to camp? Oh, I bet they cannot wait to see the boys, are they boy crazy yet? I was at their age.:7

A big hello to Lainie, Kara, Shannon, Jennifer--hey where are you Jen?

Think I will do a 40 minute itread this morning, am supposed to another Red Carpet Workout today, tomorrow is a rest day. Yesterday I would up pulling out CTX and you know what? Those are some of Cathe's very best! I love the cardio workouts--I did the kickbox and the 10-10-10, then added some tricep and back into the mix and had myself a great little workout. I had forgotten how much I love these workouts!

BBL to chit chat, DH arrives home this morning, oh and the temps here today will top 106-110!}(

Morning ladies.

Kristi, relax and enjoy the day. Your challenge scares the pants off of me! I'll be thinking about you and your DH.

Deb, LOL at Keegen standing his ground. He probably thinks he's as big as the other dog. I'll check with my inlaws about the plane. I'm not sure you all would want me flying it though.

Shelley, I thought of you the whole way through Strike Zone. I knew you'd love it. I liked it, but I think I could get bored with it after a while. None of the strikes were too hard to get the first time through. Oh, except those stinking spider webs. I'll have to work on that one. I hope Karen's pain receeds quickly and you get a chance to visit soon. Give her a big old (gentle) hug from me.

Leanne, I'm glad you feel better this morning. I love big cleaning jobs! I feel like I've really accomplished something when I'm done. No post birthday blahs here. Yesterday was such a nice day, I'm still basking in the glow. I think your rotation looks swell.

Allie-cat-lady, do a few chores, then hit the pool. That way you won't feel too guilty. I bet you could put that desk together! I never thought I could do stuff like that, but if you just pay attention to the directions, it's not hard. Sort of like following a recipe. Oh, by the way, Ms. Notaloser, 10 is about 2 hours past my bedtime!

Tneah, those temps sound brutal! Glad Mr. Tneah will be home today.

Lainie, hope you can eat some solid food today.

So I'm at work, but as I'd hoped, it's kind of quiet. I'm not sure what workout to do this afternoon. It should be a leg day. I hate leg day. Maybe I'll do B&G. I haven't done that one in a long time. I'm making strawberry shortcake for dinner. I know, I know. Strawberry shortcake the day after birthday cake!?!?! I should be drummed out of the melters. I just love fresh strawberries and the season is so short. DH loves shortcake too, so what can you do? OK, I better get back to work. Taa.

Yum, strawberry shortcake...:9 Make it with angel food cake and top with fat free whipped topping and you have yourself a guilt-free dessert right? :p But I like the real whipped cream best.

I am sucking down my protein shake, am going to attempt both cardio-30 minutes only and then that RCW....want to have the evening free to spend time with "Mr. Tneah".:7

Hi, Melters, and happy Saturday!

I don't have time for personals. :-( But I was doing my budget and decided to drop by and say hi. We got rain last night, so everything is soaked - no yard work today. I'm doing lots of inside stuff instead and will tear into the yard tomorrow. My sister and her kids are coming over in a bit to visit dad ... for an early Father's Day, so I need to get stuff done before they come.

Yes, I did the Leg Blast premix! My butt is sore. }( So... the changes I've made to my leg workouts have really helped. The last time I did that premix, I wasn't too sure I'd make it all the way through. I did it this time, and I even added heavier weights. I'm really pleased.

Okay. Gotta go. Maybe I'll have more time tomorrow. Maybe not with all the yard work!

I'm back!! Dusting and vacuuming is done! My apt. was filthy! :eek: I can't believe I let it get like that. That cat hair ads up pretty darn quick. x( I even swept my porch and watered my (one) hanging plant and "pruned" it. I think it's a very happy plant now. I've kept that thing alive for over a month! Yay for me!

I am absolutely soaked in sweat. Vacuuming kills me. Plus I moved furniture and stuff to vacuum under it so that added to the sweat factor. It's not very sunny here so I'm not gonna fret over not getting the "good" sun at my dad's. I'm in my workout clothes and planning on iTread 20, 60 minutes but I'd rather sit here with all of you. Plus I'm watching "The Cutting Edge" on tv. A childhood favorite--or as my family calls movies like that "A Jones Family Favorite". hehe. (That's my last name....) Great, now I just posted my last name on a public forum. Y'all better not stalk me now...;) Wow, "y'all" how Texan of me!

Leanne, I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better today. A good cry always helps. And we're here for you whenever you need to cyber-cry to us. ;)

Tneah--sorry you had to eat all the ice cream and drink all the margaritas yourself. ;) Have fun with your workouts! That RCRW sounds intriguing. Although every time I buy a non-Cathe workout I do it once and then never do it again. I'm a Cathe snob. :)

Ok, off to the basement. Grace, here I come! Lata gata's!!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Hey ladies,

Tneah -- What awful dreams you had last night! Poor thing! Glad you didn't let those margaritas and ice cream go to waste last night. ;-) I know -- I love doing yoga, but get so lazy about it, even though it's so good for us. Shall we commit to trying to do it together? If you do Bliss Hips today, so will I, OK? I love CTX, but haven't done anything from it for awhile. Thanks, too, for taking a peek at my rotation. Yes, I'm worried about doing that eight days rotation, but I need to do some serious shaping of the tuckus (yes, love that word! ;-)). Oh, I'm so glad to hear that you'll spend some quality time with Mr. Tneah tonight.}(

Shannon -- Glad that Leg Blast got your tuckus good!}( I know you may not be able to check back in, but hope you have a great weekend!

Robin -- Yes, those big cleaning jobs always feel so nice. I love a sparkling clean house. So glad that you're still enjoying that post-b-day glow! Did you end up doing Strike Zone yesterday? Your dessert for tonight sounds heavently! Besides, strawberries have so many healthy antioxidants in them, and I'm sure I read somewhere once that shortcake does, too. Something about the eggs in it (tee hee) . . . . ;-)

Allison -- Thanks for the support, babe! :) Hooray for getting all your cleaning done! Doesn't that feel better?! I finished up everything but the vacuuming since I have to wait for my lazy DH to wake up before I can do that. Don't worry, we won't stalk you!:) I love that movie The Cutting Edge, but haven't seen it in ages. Glad you're still gonna go visit with your dad today. Have you called your brother about putting together the desk? Take him for lunch or something afterwards so you won't feel bad asking him. :)

OK, I think I will go do some Yoga Bliss Hips. :)

Hey girls.

Chris just left for work and I'm in a slump. I was going okay. Maybe I need some food or something. I'm not in a very good mood today. I feel like picking a fight, but I'd have to fight myself. I want to go shopping but I have too much to do.

Tneah - I had weird dreams last night too. In one of them I got on the scale and it said 181 lbs. I was horror-stricken. Chris told me this morning that he has a conference in Vegas in September. Maybe I'll come too and we can visit:)

Allie - good for you for getting those chores done. My list is so freaking long and all I want to do is nap. And hello? We're friends! Just so you know, I don't have any 3D friends either.

Robin - awwwwwwwwwww!!! You know me well, my friend! I hope work flies by.

Leanne - I'm glad you woke up in a better frame of mind. Your rotation looks good to me.

So, we're off to Chris's sister's place for Father's Day tomorrow. She always asks us to bring food and we NEVER ask them to bring anything. And they're loaded. She's a SAHM with a Nanny. How hard is it for her to make food? Is it bad that it irks me? And they never make anything I can eat either, so if I want something, I have to bring it myself. And her rotten kids all have food allergies, so I have to make TWO desserts, one without eggs. I think for the non-egg allergy people, I'll do the angel food cake, whipped cream, strawberries thing (I don't do whipped topping - sorry, only the real thing for this chick).

All right, I better go take my frustration out on my filthy house.

Shelley, maybe the Nanny doesn't cook? It would irk me too. Just look at how irked I get when my SIL visits! I'm jealous of your chance to go to Vegas and meet Tneah.

Tneah, my DH would kill me if I tried to pass off angel food cake as shortcake. He wants the real thing, with about a cup of butter in it! We pass on the whipped cream though, and drown it in skim milk.

Leanne, I'll keep that in mind about the strawberries being antioxidants. Actually, I've thought about making myself a salad and just having the berries for dessert. Oh, and the SSCake isn't the dessert - it's the DINNER. I think that's a Pennsylvania Dutch tradition. A couple times a year we'll have SSCake or apple dumplings for dinner.

Dang, now I just reminded myself that I have to make a pie for DH to take to church tomorrow for father's day. Guess my kitchen is going to be a tad warm today.

Shannon, nice to see you on a weekend.

Allison, now don't you feel proud of yourself for doing your chores before play? Sheesh, now I feel like your mother!

Hello, I'm traipsing in at 4pm today. We had a T-ball game this morning. After that we went to the mall to look at cell phones (didn't get a new one yet but had to switch our plan around--will get a new one soon, though). Then we had lunch at Johnny Rockets which was just a vanilla shake for me and my sore teef. After that we went to Home Depot where DH looked at more trees (but thankfully didn't buy one since I don't know where he'd plant another one). Then we bought a new portable a/c. Yay! It's 12,000 BTUs and he put it in our living room. Feels soooo good. I'm actually a little chilly at the moment. So that will make working out so much better (except for trying not to trip over it).

Kristi, hope you are getting a good weekend rest in before that big challenge!

Deb, wow, sounds like little Keegan is fitting in pretty well! Cute. Yes, I WILL WORKOUT ON MONDAY. You are right--helps to have the new a/c unit. I will actually only have one little boy home all day--Isaac still has school for 2 more weeks; only Ewan is done. One is generally easier than two since he can't fight with himself (theoretically, but if any kid could manage, it's Ewan).

Shelley, you're making me jealous shoveling in cereal. ***sigh*** Thanks for the compliment but you have no idea how hard it was to find my least scary pic to post. ***sigh*** again. I'm sorry you are in a slump and need to fight. Do you want to fight with me? I'm a good fighter (in my head, not really in reality). Put up your dukes, chica!

Leanne, that rotation looks pretty good to me. Are you still doing a Fun June, though? It doesn't look un-fun, though; it looks potentially still fun. I keep thinking I'm going to do a rotation alternating GS with Amy's Slo-Mo, but haven't done it yet. I'm going to start rather informally next week, just doing some of my new stuff and getting back to the fun before I start a more strict rotation.

Allison, oh, I really miss sleeping in. Never can do that with little kids who are sure to come in and wake you early. Ugh. Sometimes I'd really just like a lie-in, though. I'm going to confess something again today (since I was all confessional yesterday): I NEVER DUST. Never. Well, if I happen to look down and see something is really dusty, I might grab a rag and wipe it off. My mother would die if she knew that--she always made me dust stuff. I am clean in other ways--keep clean bathrooms and wipe countertops very carefully, etc. I just refuse to dust. It's partly because my allergies go nuts when I stir up dust, but I suppose I'd be better off if I cleaned the dust away. Anyway, totally rambling off topic now.... Oh, and as everyone else said, you do have friends. You are so adorable. I still plan to visit you some time. :)

Tneah, didn't you hear me knocking on your door about 1 am? That's how long it took me to get out there. You didn't answer so I went to hang out with some Elvis impersonators instead. Boy, am I tired.

Robin, yum, strawberry shortcake! Can I come over to your house next?

Shannon, way to go kicking butt on that butt workout. :)

I'm going to go see if I can eat oatmeal. Gotta get some fiber.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hi, all,
We are back from my nephew's dinosaur pool party. It was actually pleasant; sometimes events with my family can be a little tense (depending on my sister's frame of mind), but it was nice today.

We are definitely taking it easy this weekend -- to the point I feel a bit like a lazy slob. }( I need to be doing major Clean Max -- my house always ends up a wreck during VBS week, but I'll get to it on Wed. after the challenge is over and while the girls are gone and DH is back at work. It'll drive me crazy until then, but, to be honest, I'm really not the world's greatest housekeeper!

I'm thinking about buying "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" -- any opinions???

The girls need my help packing, so I'll try to be back later for personals.

Hope you all are enjoying your day!

Afternoon, all!

Kristi -- You should NOT feel like a lazy bum at all! You've been working out like a mad woman, on top of being at VBS ALL of last week, so letting the house go a few more days is really not a big deal. Sometimes you just gotta let things slide a bit . . . and know that you'll pick them back up soon! :) Try to enjoy the time with the girls before they leave tomorrow, and rest up for Monday and Tuesday! I really like BFFM and it has great ideas. If you want to take a peek at it, let me know and I can email it to you to look at. If you like it, feel like it's something you'd keep, and feel bad about having a free copy, you could always pay for it afterwards on the website. :)

Tneah -- Before I forget, the Bliss Hips DVD starts off in one of the first few sections with some thyroid-regulating exercises! It might be good to try. I don't have their Quick Fix DVD's, but those also got good reviews on Amazon, and I was thinking that they might be worth checking out since one of them might have a thyroid section, too! :) Stay cool with that heat!

Shelley -- So sorry that you're in a slump. :-( Can you maybe take a little break to do some shopping, either in person or on-line? Do you like to shop on-line? It might be just what you need to perk you up. :) Sounds like tomorrow at Chris' sister is going to be painful. How awful that she asks you to go to all that trouble of bringing extra stuff for the allergic folks. PU-LEASE! I don't blame you one single bit for being irked by her. GRRR! Oh, if you went to Vegas to visit Tneah in September, maybe I could meet up, too! It's about a five-hour drive from here! Do you hear that, Tneah? Could we really all do our visit to you then? Wouldn't that be fun if the whole group of us met up in Vegas and did a giant slumber party at a hotel there?! And maybe we could get Lainie's Elvis friends to come, too!

Robin -- And here I thought that was a misprint when you said you were having it for DINNER. Sounds wonderful. Can I come join you??? And can I come join you when you make those apple dumplings? Yum!:9

Lainie -- You're such a funny gal. I loved hearing about your outing with the Elvis impersonators last night. Tee hee. I hate dusting, too, but I do it every week since my allergies tend to be worse if I don't. OK, I'm trying to think of something to confess, but can't think of anything too shocking right now. I'll have to think about it some more. Hooray for that new air conditioner! :) That is going to be so nice to have. Is your belly feeling any better today? That vanilla shake was probably just what you needed! :9 Yes, the June workouts are still fun, but I'm almost thinking of ditching this full-body rotation so I can go back to splits. I don't know why I like them so much! :) I don't have any of Amy B's weight workouts, but have been tempted by her Slo Mo since I've heard such good things about it. I'll probably hold off on getting in for awhile, though.

Where is Jennifer at lately? We miss you, and hope you're well! :)

Leanne - well, I apparently got over my slump. I'm on load 5 of laundry (catching up from last week), dusted and vacuumed the whole house, cleaned bathrooms, tidied like crazy. I just need to wash the kitchen floor.

I've decided that tomorrow I'm going to take strawberries, etc. and the kids who can't have eggs can just have the berries and cream, and no cake. So there!

A slumber party would be SO MUCH FUN!! I'm not sure if I'll be able to go yet because I don't know when exactly he goes and whether I have Sophie. And whether I can afford it *sigh* Okay, so now that I think about it, I probably can't afford it. Dang.

Lainie - a milkshake sounds delish right about now. I'm starving.

I want an apple dumpling for dinner!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.