^^^Watercoolers Working it on a Wednesday^^^

Netta

Cathlete
Hi,
Just starting us off. Wow, weather turned warmer. Not sure what my workout will be this morning, but I'll decide on something.

Jeanette

Good morning all! No time for a chat this morning....BBL to catch up. Hope everyone has a great day!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good Morning Everyone

Just chiming in to say hi.

Jeanette - I can just picture going up the hill and seeing someone walking up and beating you LOL. I know what you mean about rough pavement. I think every single road we have here is in such bad shape I would be afraid to drive a motorbike. DH picked up a brand new bike last night - a cross between a street bike and mtn bike. He wants to lose some weight and will try to bike to work a few times a week. We have a really huge hill to climb to get to our house on a busy street so I'm thinking for the 1st little while he will be doing more walking than cycling up it too. I took my bike in for a tune up so no excuses now. Maybe for a change in cardio I'll start going for a ride at night instead of doing videos. I must have a pretty poor aim as I can't tell you how many times I've slammed the club into the ground. The pain in my wrist/hand was so excruciating I've never felt the need to continue trying....;(

Laurie - what kind of dancing does DD do? My niece is into highland dancing and she is doing quite well. Has even travelled around the country a bit for competitions. Do you find it expensive?

Hope everyone elses day starts all well. Off to have a 2nd java.

I'm back. Today was Christi Taylor's Cardio Collectibles (step). Did the whole thing for a change. It's warmer this morning and I could feel it. I was a bit sapped.

Patricia, what brand of bike did your DH get? I'd like to ride to work, but then I'd have to battle the helmet hair thing, shower, wrinkled clothes. But if gas gets much higher, might have to think about it. Yep, know what you mean about slamming the club into the ground. I haven't done that in quite a while so guess I've gotten better. The problem with doing that is it makes you hesitant to get your club down to the ground where it needs to go. Then you start "topping" the ball, and your ball doesn't carry into the air. I'd like to play tomorrow or Friday after work. Still have to fit an easy bike spin ride in somewhere too. And housework, and yardwork, and grocery shopping. AAAhhhgh! Too much! I'll be glad to get the triathlon over with. Of course, next week will be getting the trailer ready for camping over the Memorial Day weekend. Always something.

Hi to Debra, are you a busy girl today? Of course.

BBL,

Jeanette

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout was a 3m run on the TM (raining out x( ) / BBC Shoulders & Back Cardio. With do the weights part after work.

Jeanette, We could use just a tad bit warmer weather around here. One of these days we will be able to wear shorts outside. :7 :7 Wow going at a 3mph pace, that is a big hill!!! WTG on getting up the thing. Glad your friends didn't fall, at that speed they could get hurt pretty good. Hey you might be right about the movie. All I know is that he keeps saying he is going to see it. Maybe he is doing something else on Friday. I never know what is going on from one day to the next in my house lately.

Debra, LOL about the urchin being a girl. :D :D DH is very happy to be home, but last night something got hosed up. He had to go into work to flip a switch. The one good thing is that he gets paid 4 hours of pay for flipping a switch. :D Apparently Childerss doesn't ship to WI, so I am going to start working on that. I have had other places ship to us, so will have to find out why they can't to WI. x( Maybe if they know they might have a lifetime customer, they will start shipping. :7 :7 Sorry to hear that you have to wait a year to continue your schooling. :( So I like Kenpo, this may be a good thing to do as an add on to another KB workout to. Guess it will be going in my shopping cart along with the one Traci talked about the other day.

Patricia, Now if you had all of us on the jury, of course you would get off. :7 :7 I was annoyed with DH this morning, because he was home all day yesterday and didn't get any laundry done. I can get 3 loads of laundry done before I go to bed. :7 :7 Glad the yoga worked it's magic on your mood. :D Cardio Fusion is a killer workout! My DD does ballet, but my DH's cousins girls do the Highland Dancing. That is a very expensive dance to get into. The wig alone cost a fortune. I only have to pay $230 for the season, plus around $60 for her outfit. So really not to bad.

Kim, I agree with you on the PLB being boring. I haven't done that one in quite a while. Maybe just try doing the premix for the up, or down prortions. I do believe that there was a thread on the Wii Fit at VF. I just can't imagine hula hooping without the hoop! :D But I bet that would work your middle really good.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi Ladies!!!

All afternoon and evening I was dealing with a stomach bug. NOT FUN! It was an unexpected rest day. I'll make Phil his CC today. We were able to get some belated presents for Phil: sunglasses, shirts, a piggy bank for his spare change and a mug. Instead of cake, we made strawberry shortcake.

Over the weekend, I dug out my old green/purple step that came with Basic Step. OMW that thing is small compared to the black/gray step!!! I did LIC cardio only on it. Had to keep looking down to make sure I wouldn't fall or trip. KPC and Eoin filled out the rest of my weekend.

I don't know what I'll do today. Maybe a total body workout considering tomorrow is massage day.:)

Jeanette: Whoo Hoo!!! You made it up the hill!!!! That was seriously steep!!! Glad no one got hurt on the downhill! I have to hand it to you. I would be freaking out going that slow while clipped... too afraid I'd fall. But, you did it!!!:) :) :) You see. Getting a massage is easy. Just walk out of the shower, head straight to the bed and ask him to rub some lotion of your back. }( }( }( No need to do anything crazy like bake CC!!!:7 :+ OMW!!! Me too!!! I even have a framed picture with our anniversary on it in our bedroom!!! I remember when Phil walks into the house with a bouquet of flowers. I'll ask, "What this for?!?!" In an email, I'll have to tell you what extreme I went to this year to help me remember. We'll see if it works!

Patricia: What did your dh do? I will have to catch up with you when I get to it. I'm reading personals from the bottom up. WTG on yesterday's workout!

Kim: {{{{HUGS}}}} I am so sorry!!! I can't even begin to imagine how painful that would be!!! The closest to losing a child was when the twins were born. I couldn't stand being around people because my perspective on life was so altered.

Debra: Well, my dear. Do I need to fax you a doctor's excuse?:7 I promise to not let it happen again. It's all Phil's fault. He told me he had a slight stomach bug yesterday morning. He must have gotten over it faster since he'll eat ANYTHING I'll cook! Why else do you think he'd marry me. LOLOLOL

Patricia: LOL You poor thing. You're married to an actual man who doesn't care if he lives with the smell of spoiled milk!!! I don't know what Phil would have done. Oh! Who am I kidding. I'd be the one continuing to eat while Phil cleaned it up.:eek: That's only because with his longer legs and arms, he can clean it up faster. :+ That's my story and I'm sticking to it! }( Is TTOM right around the corner? Just asking.;)

Debra AGAIN! OH HUN!!! That SUCKS!!!! But, what an awesome perspective to have! Yes!!! Play with me and Eoin!!! We're totally worth a year!!!}( :+ ;) SHUUUSH! Come beach time, we can get MIL to watch the girls and dance the year away!!!}( BTW, I did give Phil your squeeze. You OWE me big time!!!!:eek: :+ Hey! Do I need to call CBL's boss?!?!?!

Laurie: Congrats to dd!!! LOL on the classic signs of boredom. If dd doesn't snap out of her classic signs, I'm selling her harp and taking her to a third world country!:eek: That should snap her out of it real fast!:7 Oooo! I want to see the dress. Tell him to hurry!!!!

Sandra: How's it going? I know you're swamped with an actual life! I'm so proud of you instructing others to live a healthier life!!! Once you get all certified, why don't you and the clan move to Philly!!! It's warm down here!:+

Oh! I stopped in to Barnes and Nobles to read the latest Fitness Mag. Didn't buy it, just sat down with a Skinny Latte and read it in the store. Nice article.

Okay ladies, lunch time is over. Will have to chat more later.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!
Wendy

Back for a quickie chat. I had to go to court this morning for a speeding ticket...Those of you who have ridden with me will not be surprised about this...LOL! Anyhoo...I have to go to driving school for 4 hours and they will knock it down to improper equipment...so nothing on my record or my insurance. I must get to the grocery store today or I will only have lettuce and flank steak to feed CBL tonight when he comes to dinner. He may want a little more than that. Also DD is having field day at school and I promised to swing by there for a little bit. I still need to get my workout in today.

quickie personals...

Wendy...
Thank goodness you gave Phil a squeeze. I hope you told him it was from me! Nice of you to do something for the poor man's birthday. CBL will know by today if he is off for Toronto or not. If not we will go to our local beach in July...since I have the whole summer off for school!

Patricia...
I remembered today that I haven't done 4DS weight work for a while, so I will probably do that this week and then I will try BM2 next week. Glad the yoga released your stress. Good luck to DH and getting up that hill if he hasn't biked before. I really need to get mine geared up for summer, too.

Kim...
I like all of the pyramids...although they have a bit of a dread factor for me...but I love Cathe's attitude during them...I always feel like she is right there with me! Yes, all of our moving has been for XDH's job...in fact, if we were still together I would be living in Moscow Russia right now. Ugh.

Jeanette....
LOL about being able to walk fast than ride up the hill last night! My uncle, who is 80 this year, rides his bike all around town and he says the same thing...people are passing him walking...Crazy coot. I am glad to know that Polly isn't the only crazy dog out there with the farts...like an angel just came out of her a$$! Maybe I can make a video for you during the triathlon that you can play it during the rough spots!!

Laurie...
Shuuush on the rain!! At least DH gets paid if he has to run into work...although it is a pain to have to do that. I wonder why Childress can't ship there....I know there are some states where you can't ship alcohol into the state....what a PITA. I think you will like the Patricia dvd...She really gives a lot of core pointers and form pointers during the beginning part of the workout...which you don't have to do every time once you get her style down. I was amazed at the difference it made in my form.

Okay...that's all i have time for now...I must go see the urchins AGAIN. Don't you think once a week is enough?? Am I being tortured for some kind of wrong I did in a past life??

Later gators!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi ladies,
Took my Jeep by the body repair shop for an estimate. I've had a couple of dings in the door for the last 1 1/2 years. Finally getting around to having them taken care of. Crazy, crazy what they charge for a couple of dings. I swear, I'm going to park my little Honda way out in the middle of the parking lot. Did a little housework, then headed to town for a couple groceries and a frozen yogurt. Stopped and visited with Mom and Dad, helping Mom download some new software and getting a new email account going for her. She has herself convinced that she can't do these things. She gets so overwhelmed. Oh well, I'm happy to help her.

Laurie, sometimes those things like undone laundry get to me too. DH did get some more plywood put up on the back deck so I can't complain too much. He's slow but does excellent work. What is Highland dancing? Never heard of it before. Is it like the Riverdance? Falling on a bike is never a pretty thing. When I was in 3rd grade, I fell while on a bike, right on my teeth with braces. Bashed my tooth in and the my lip was stuck in my braces. Awful! Bet you can talk Childress into shipping wine to your state! Just tell them what big NASCAR fans you and your DH are.

Wendy, so sorry about the stomach bug. No fun! One of the bosses in our office had a bug today. Thinks it was something he ate. I'm sure your method of getting a massage would work. I'm just not as friske and you and Laurie LOL! Bet Phil liked his presents. No CC? Hope your tum tum is feeling better. Glad you took the rest day. No sense being silly and pushing thru discomfort like that.

Debra, you with a ticket??? I thought you were an excellent driver! I flinched the least after the wine tasting, did you realize that? I'm just too uptight in a car. That's great that your uncle rides a bike all over. Does he do it because he doesn't have a license? Or for the health of it? You are a sweetie for your gift to me (see my email to you). Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.

Well, it's been an awful quiet day on here. Hope some of the regulars can start posting again. Miss everybody.

Jeanette

Yes, I realize it's late. Better late than never!!! I just finished MIS and Shoulder ^^. MIS is much easier now that I've realized my barbell and rolling locks weigh 15.5 pounds instead of 5 pounds!!!:7 :7 :7 Shuush! I did lower my weights considerably for the shoulder and some of the back exercises. But, I have to admit my biceps are WEAK! I had to drop my weights to 10 pounds on the biceps. What's up with that!?!?!?! I do wonder if that's why I'm having all these shoulder problems.

Tomorrow, I'd like to do a cardio before yoga and massage. Any suggestions? After LIC cardio only this weekend, my sciatica nerve was slightly inflamed. The only reason why I knew it was my sciatica nerve was when I explained my lower back to leg pain to a Senior Citizen!!!:eek: WTH!!! I'm falling apart!!!x( Of course, I had to google my new found ailment. Thankfully it was nothing that a little Eoin and advil couldn't cure. :)

Debra: A speeding ticket. Why am I not surprised?;) Wow! You shouldn't be allowed around children! :p :7 ;) If CBL's boss won't give him time off, will you stand up Eoin and me?:eek: Don't make me come to your house! :+

Jeanette: When Tayler got her Trek last summer, she hopped on it and took off before we could adjust the seat for her height. Her legs barely reached the pedals, and she headed straight into my car!!! I was more worried about my car than her. Does that make me a bad mother?}( Anyhow, every time I see the ding I am reminded that I shouldn't be a mother.:+ But, I'm too cheap to get it fixed. Too bad the deer didn't ram into that side of the car!!! Good for you helping you mom!!! What is it with the older generation fearing the Internet? I was so proud of my MIL for learning how to use email. She goes online and checks the stock prices too. I can't imagine not being connected to rest of the world. Oh, wait. That was Thailand!:+ Excuse me, but what does having to be a Friske do with getting a massage. Yes, I'm a big, fat TEASE!!! Does that make me a bad person too?}( Don't answer!:p :7

Laurie: Thanks for reminding me to put my BBC on ebay. I can't stand those workouts! They look like the death of me or one of my offspring should they walk in and bother me during a BBC workout!}(

Patricia: I have to take eldest dd's bike into the shop soon. Somehow, she wiped out her gear shifter. What kind of bike do you guys have? I have a hybrid too. If I continue biking, I may get a road bike and join a group. Right now, I just don't have the time, money or motivation.

Sandra: Did you bake and decorate one of your luscious cakes for your dh? :9 That is eerie about our birthdays and dhs' birthdays. From my understanding, my sign doesn't compliment dh's sign. Apparently, astrological signs don't mean much. huh.

Well ladies, did you see I delurked at VF and posted about the Work Out thread. I do NOT recommend wasting your hard earned cash on those vids!!!

Oh! I was reading about Sex and the City's new movie. And, it dawned on me that Kim Catrell?? (the blond) reminds me of Traci's Stacy minus the sex!!!!! :eek: :p }( Poor Wendell!:+

Okay, I best get some shut eye. It's already 1:51 AM.

Sweet Dreams!
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.