^^^ Happy Weekend! MELTERS! ^^^

Hi, I'm back,

Although this is rest day for me...I have things to do around here before going off to our dog club Agility trial and working it this afternoon. I get to work with the "Excellent" level dogs, which are the top of the best! They are fun to watch.:D Has anyone watched this on Animal Planet or other TV stations? Usually it is sponsored
by Ekanuba..

Jennifer:
Have fun spending that money at the garden shop!

Emily:
Let us know how the measuring goes... I firmly believe that weight work makes your muscles swell and also retain water so I never weigh or measure the day after doing weights..always after cardio!

Shelly:
I hope you find your shoes at Kohl's! It's a little farther down from Eastern Hills, maybe a mile or 2? Did the boss leave early yesterday?
Sorry to hear about your brother.

Leanne:
I would love the coupon for AT Loft! Is it good online or only at the stores? Good for you for taking that mental health break. Naps are the best too! I know you will look "smashing" in that dress. And Cudos on the lost pound! I did get a jacket at Talbots..a good deal too..

Tneah:
Glad to hear the meds are working. Not sure what did it to my back.. I think it was when I moved the stupid chair pad under my desk at work, because I kept rolling off it and it was driving me nuts! or it could have been the weight work this week..I tried to go heavy and did all the sets of the pyramid instead of just the "up" sets.. I have only been to Memphis on my way to Tunica last year..did not see any of it. We will be going to Beale Street and out to dinner for BBQ another night so I will get to see some of this this time. I hope it's not humid.x( I'm still thinking on the vest purchase. You're right 15 would probably be the best.

Lainie:
Love the hair cut, and Ewan is so cute!

Robin:
How was Juno? My DB said he loved it...I thought that was kind of strange that a 60 yr old male would like a movie about a teen etc.. I have never seen it though so I can;t tell why.

Have a great day ladies!

Deb:)

Morning Deb and all who follow!

Deb - have fun with the doggies today! The boss left a little bit early and told us to go - it was only 15 minutes for me, but an hour and 15 for the other girl. Our summer hours start next month, which means I get to leave at 1 EVERY Friday! Can't wait!

Robin - I'd love to hear your review of Juno!

Tneah - how was Tony B.?

What's everyone up to today? I have TONS to do!

Hello Melters.
Thank GOD, it's the weekend.

Last night, I found out the quake hit at 530AM EST and woke me from a deep sleep. Between that and the stress of the week (including Friday afternoon at work), I went to bed real early last night.

Today, grocery shopping for sure. Can't get excited to going to Lowe's or any other place right now. It's very overcast here. Tonight, Holland for dinner.

Hope you all have a Great Sat.

Hi melty ones. I'm starting my housework and baking chores. I hope to do something cardio in between.

Deb, I liked Juno. Some of it was a little coarser than I care for. And I don't really believe all teens talk like they did, but it was smart, funny, sad and I liked the ending.

Shelley, see above. Getting out at 1 on Fridays during the summer sounds great. I wonder if I could convince someone at work to let me work late a couple evenings to get off early on Friday. Probably not, since Friday afternoon is often our busiest time of the week.

Hi to tneah, Leanne (enjoy the wedding), Shannon, Emily and Jennifer. Hope I didn't miss anyone. I have to get my butt in gear. I hope to get everything done and have more time to catch up later.

Hello everyone. I think this is going to be a bit of a lazy day for us (though you never know when DH will suddenly decide he wants to up and go do something). Last night we went to the mall so I could pick up my new contacts, which finally came in, and we went back to Johnny Rockets again. This time I had half a chicken breast sandwich (instead of a cheeseburger) so I was better behaved. However, I did have 3 or 4 onion rings--but at least not an order to myself or anything. We didn't buy anything else while out, but I came home and ordered a couple more skirts and a couple more pairs of shoes.... I know it may seem like I'm excessively shopping lately, but sadly part of the reason I'm shopping is my clothes from last spring and summer are too small. x( Hence the better behavior at Johnny Rockets.

Not sure what workout I'll do today. I might try Tracey's Total Body plus Pilates & Yoga workout from The Parts Series. I haven't even done that one yet. It could be the last of my taking-it-easy-week. I haven't decided what next week will be. I have an urge for Cathe because I'm still hoping for a RT. And I always like to add in some Amy, of course.

Deb, have fun with the Excellent dogs! :7

Shelley, hope your tons to do are fun things to do.

Jennifer, I hope you feel more rested today or manage to get some good rest in later this weekend.

Robin, good luck with all your busy plans today.

Ugh, I feel sleepy again today--glad I don't have too much to do.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Here's one of the skirts I ordered yesterday:
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/brandswomen/apt9/bottoms/PRD~315070/apt+9+Border+Skirt.jsp

I notice it's already selling out--even yesterday it was also available in green and there were more sizes. I got mine in pink anyway.

Here's one of the pairs of shoes I got:
http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/websto...older_id=2534374752621383&bmUID=1208612459892

I just remembered I also ended up ordering a couple more step risers and a navy blue Cathe hat from cathe.com. I wanted more risers since Cathe looks like she's using more than I have in the STS pics.

ETA: I wore my new platforms for the first time last night when we went to the mall. I know it's pre-memorial day and all, but when it's 80+ degrees I figure I can wear summery white shoes if I want. :p

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Good Morning All!

Wow, I am watching the Pope on TV. I am not religious, but have a fascination for the rituals that Catholics do, and the love they have for this man. Its mind blowing to me. I have even been known to attend midnight mass on Christmas Eve because again, I love rituals and that incense they wave about, its smells so good and sacred or something. It is just so touching to me, all the love the people have for their Pope. Plus, this is a very cool Pope, remember when he was photographed wearing Prada shoes way back when he first came into office?:7 I could be friends with this man.;) He is at St. Patricks Cathedral and they said the mass this morning will last 2 hours!:eek: I could never be a Catholic...my attention span is 1 1/2 hours tops.

Anyway! Tony Bennett was really good you guys, what a beautiful voice. And for being so elderly, he has alot of spunk.:) I really appreciated the legend that he is. People were going crazy in the audience and there was a nice mix of all age groups too.

I did not wear the pink dress...DH deemed it "too breast-a-luscious".Said I looked "too hot". He loves my chest but doesn't like the whole world loving it....Yeah, I have hard time with clothes sometimes, my boobs can turn a perfectly sexy/classy dress into something altogether different, and once I put it on, all you focused on were the twins. I get alot of twin attention anyway, so I always try to downplay this area....I opted for a pair of black slacks and black cute tee and wore bright green/blue heels with it too add some sort of color. I do always find the simpler my clothing, the better, then add personality with the accessories, thus my love for anything shoe related...enough about me and my wardrobe dilemmas...

Deb, what fun you will have today! Yes, and think I have watched this on AP. I love AP, and watch it with George, who particularly likes the dog shows!:7

Robin, I cannot wait to watch Juno, glad you enjoyed. Sounds like you have a very busy day planned!

Shelley, good luck with the pups..I posted on your thread, oh dear, doggy problems. It sounds like they need to be set loose in a park to run themselves ragged for a few hours! If thats possible? They have all that pent up winter energy...have a great day with all your errands, you are always so busy on Saturday!

Jennifer, wow, so you felt the quakes huh? How was your potluck yesterday? Was your dip a hit?

Lainie, you were a very good girl at Johnny's! 3 onion rings is nothin', happy to see you too, will be having one of those lazy days...

Hi to Leanne, Emily, and the rest...today is an all cardio day, then my cheat/rest day tomorrow.:) I have been really trying not to get freaked out about gaining bodyfat back after all of my hard work. I still follow the diet of course, I actually eat two fewer meals now, i am not working out twice a day so I feel like I don't need them, but maybe I shouldn't do that? Anyway, I am going to the art supply place today and picking up some paint, running more errands and then reading!

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Last night I got crummy sleep again, so I might try to take a nap later today since we have that wedding until late tonight. You know my super skinny friend that I went shopping with a few weeks ago? She and her fiance are also going, so I really hope that we're sitting together because we won't know too many other people. We don't even know the wedding couple all that well, but were happy to be asked.

Speaking of my skinny friend, I forgot to tell you gals what I call her in my head. OK, I hope this doesn't sound mean, b/c I really do love her, but have you seen the first Bridget Jones film? If so, when she discovers that her boyfriend (played by Hugh Grant) is cheating on her with this thin, beautiful woman, Bridget calls the woman the American Stick Insect. I know it's terribly mean, but I can't help but use that name for my friend -- in my head, of course! I mean, after all, if you go shopping with your friend who is obviously several sizes larger than you and you're a Stick Insect, you shouldn't complain about how fat your belly is, right? Oh, now I'm worried that you're all going to think that I'm really mean and spiteful. I'm really not -- I promise!

Today I was going to do Imax 2, but I may do Amy B's In the Ring again since I've only done it twice now. I did Clean Max yesterday, so today I can just do some Laundry Max and relax -- and hopefully get that nap in!

Oh, I got some good news last night. Whenever we watch movies, we keep the volume down on the answering machine so we can ignore the phone ringing. Well, someone called while we were watching, and when I went to listen to it later, it was someone from work letting me know that I'm a finalist for the teaching award. I have to call him back later this morning (since it's only 7:00 here right now), to find out more. I think that they make you come in for an interview before choosing the actual winner. I'm sure I won't win it, but being a finalist is nice, and I get a nice little plaque for my office. (I have one from a few years ago.)

Sorry to blather so much this morning!:)

Deb -- Send me a PM with your email address, and I'll forward that Ann Taylor/AT Loft coupon on to you. I think you need the coupon to shop in stores, but if you want to shop on-line, then it's the same code: 10701100. If you shop on-line and spend $100 or more, then you also get free shipping. (A lot of times, I'll spend that just because I'll order two sizes of things if I'm not sure how something will fit; they're really good about taking things back that way.) Are you getting all ready for Memphis? Have fun today at the trials!

Robin -- I don't think that you could ever sound whiny or self-indulgent! Thanks for the review of _Juno_. We got it a few days ago from Netflix and I'm dying to see it, but last night we watched a movie DH wanted to see. What are you baking this morning? Yum!

Tneah -- How was the show last night? Wow! I bet you looked smokin' in that dress! Did you take any photos? No wonder DH wants to bundle you up in gunny (sp?) sacks and not let you leave the house in dresses like that -- you look so dang HAWT that you might ignite the place!}( That book title is hilarious! Good for you for not getting the Sunday treats yesterday! EDITED: Ah, looks like we were posting again at the same time! Sorry that you didn't get a chance to wear that dress! I think it would have looked elegant and classy on you, and you shouldn't worry about the twins taking over! I forgot to say yesterday, too, that I'm so glad you're back to painting again! Now that you have more time without those twice-a-day workouts, you can hopefully find more time to let those creative juices flow. And know that we're always here to talk to you if you start to stress about putting on body fat! :) You may go up a bit, but you could probably go up a LOT and still look fantastic!

Shelley -- How was Scrabble last night? Is the nice weather still holding out? Will you be able to run outdoors this weekend? How exciting that you'll soon be able to take off earlier on Fridays. Love it!

Lainie -- Good for you getting that healthier dinner last night. And don't feel bad about the shopping; you do need new clothes, and will soon be back in your old ones. Is the melting coming along OK? EDITED: Oh, Lainie, your other new stuff is so adorable! I especially love that skirt! And it's fine to wear white this early, esp. when it's so hot out!

Jennifer -- Is Holland a restaurant? We don't have those here. Sounds like you have a relaxing day planned!

Emily -- (copied from yesterday) I keep meaning to ask you how you like the new Jump Snap toys. I think you had asked ages ago about the Jump Sport DVD's, and I forgot to respond -- sorry! The beg. workout is really easy, but the intermed. one is pretty good. How do you like the workouts they come with?

Shannon -- Hope you have a relaxing weekend in case you check in!

I'm back and almost done the inside work. The downstairs is clean. No one but us goes upstairs, so it will have to wait another day. I made a chocolate cake and have to make an apple pie. I did Tracey's HIS Mix 2. I got this right around my surgery and this is the first time I did it. I like it! Fairly easy step portions with intervals that can be modified to whatever intensity you want.

tneah, LOL at your boobage in certain outfits. There is a couple who we see pretty often at baseball games. She is very slim, but very well endowed. No matter what she wears, she looks hot. Just like I imagine you.

Leanne, congrats on being a finalist! I'm not surprised, as much of you as you put into your job. Good luck. I know you deserve the honor. Have fun at the wedding. We always seem to have more fun if we don't know many people. Maybe it's because we "let loose" a little if we don't expect to see people again.

Time to go bake that pie. I'd like to get the back patio cleaned off. DH piles wood up there in the winter and right now it's a mess. It would be nice to sit out there with our company this evening. Oh, I could get my fire pit out too. Gotta run.

Congrats to Leanne on that teaching award!:7 :7 You will get it I am sure of it. If you don't know many people, just take advantage of all the free cocktails tonight.;) And, thanks, I thought the dress looked smokin' too, well as smokin' as I can be, but my DH is so strange when it comes to clothes...so I wear what he likes when we go out, and I wear what I like otherwise, but I assure you all, I do not ever show too much skin, and I hate women who bare the belly outside of the gym..tacky, tacky and more tacky...x(

Robin, you are one baking fool woman, I can smell your goods all the way over here! Since its Passover (my DH is a nonpracticing Jew) I thought I might make some challah bread, but then I don't think they can eat that during Passover because of the yeast....:) chocolate cake sounds so much better! I am not "hot", I am a big ole dork actually.

Lainie, you have fabulous taste darling, and of course you can sport those white shoes...I really need to check out Kohls! I heard that Vera Wang has a line there now...cool.

I did MIC this morning and Stretch Max with the band, why don't I stretch more often? It felt great.

Ok, off to start the day...its a sunny 80 degrees outside.

OK, ladies, I'm sort of freaked out right now. I just got this threatening email from a student who I don't even know. It's this weird situation where some strange student emailed me out of the blue on Thursday, saying that he needs a copy of my syllabus so he can take summer school this summer at our school and have it transfer back to his school. We exchanged a few emails, in the first of which I said that I'm not even teaching summer school, and he would have to find someone else's syllabus. Just now, he sent this nasty, sort of threatening email saying that he's going to talk to my Dean about me -- and I don't even know who he is! I should have just ignored all of his emails, but I was trying to be helpful and even sent him the place on our website where he could locate the info he needed, even though I told him that I don't feel comfortable sending my syllabus to a student who won't even be taking one of my classes. Anyways, I'm going to ignore this scary email, and I just forwarded the whole series of emails on to my Dept. Chair and Dean. Sorry to vent, but my heart is pounding right now and I'm shaking! I feel like I'm this super-self-absorbed woman lately. I'm so sorry!:-(

Robin -- That chocolate cake sounds delicious, as does the pie you're planning! Can you send us all some?!;-) Glad that the new Tracey workout was fun. I don't have any of her DVD's, but I did pre-order some of her new ones, which should be here soon.

Tneah -- You are not a dork! You're a smokin' hot lady, and you need to realize that!;-) Isn't MIC a killer? That stretching sounds like it was just what you needed!

Hello Everyone.

Just a quick note to say Hello before I go to Holland (the city). There are alot of Dutch descendents in this area plus Dutch Royalty as well from the Netherlands.

My taco dip turned out weel, a co-worker took the leftovers home to her kids.
There was a ton of food and mostly high caloric. Thank GOD, I didn't eat dinner last night or I would have major issues.

Robin-Do you need my mailing address to send a cake too?

Tneah-you're beautiful and don't EVER doubt it.

Time to get ready to go. Holland is on Lake MI just north of South Haven and south of Grand Haven (to google).

BBL

Leanne, you did the right thing sending these emails to the Dean and Department Chair. Do you know this kid at all? It sounds like you don't which makes the situation even weirder. Take a deep breath, let your DH know whats going of course and ignore this until Monday, everything will be just fine. I know as a teacher, you must feel very "on edge" alot considering all of the horrid stuff that has gone on in our countries campuses. You will be fine sweetie. Oh, and self absorbed--you? :eek: I really cannot even imagine you being self-absorbed at all, not the type, in fact you probably do not take enough time for yourself at all! We all need to be a little self absorbed, its healthy!:7 By the way, love the nickname you gave your "skin and bones' buddy!:) heehee...have fun tonight...

Jennifer, have fun in "Holland!"

I think I might nap right now, isn't that what lazy Saturdays are for???

Hey all,

Tneah -- Oh, you're such a sweetie! :) I don't know this student at all, which is what makes it even stranger. I worked out a bit to clear my head, and then by the time I got up, DH was up and I showed him the train of emails. He told me to email him and tell him that I informed the dean about the situation, and that if he emailed me directly again, I would consider it harassment. Thanks for listening!

Jennifer -- Sounds like you have a fun day planned! Do they have Dutch pancakes there? Yum!:9 Glad your taco dip turned out well. Little treats every now and again are always good!

Well, I'm back.

Before I went, I used foot spray. Seville was right near me and freaked out. I thought he was poisoned from the spray. So, before I left, I made sure he got water by wetting my fingers and touching his mouth. He did eat and was social before I left so I did. Came home early to check on him and he's doing fine. Scared me though. The spray produced a fog and my eyes burned from it.

There might be Dutch pancakes in Holland. Alot of ethnic restaurants in that area.

Time for Roadshow and BBC.

Jennifer, I just have to tell you, you write the funniest posts!:) I mean that in a good way, straight to the point, not alot of fluff like I can do...you are a character! Glad you joined the thread.:) Also glad there wasn't any damage to man nor beast concerning the foot spray!

Thanks, Tneah. I'm glad I'm joined too.
Seville is doing well. He thinks I'm crazy or over protective or both for sure.
Slept through my workout time today so I'll try again later.

Goodmorning melters.

Jennifer, I'm glad the kitty freak out over the foot spray wasn't serious. Curiosity and the cat, huh?

Leanne, I'm sure what your DH suggested was best. Scary!

I don't have much time. I have to scurry to get ready for church. Workout plans for today are 4DS HIS C&B. DH and the "kids" are going to Clyde Peelings Reptileland today. They will be seeing snakes, Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat. I'm not sure if I'm going. If not, I'll send my camera. Gotta run. Later.

Good morning, everyone!

The wedding yesterday was a lot of fun, but I couldn't wear the dress I had planned to. I tried it on quickly a month ago and it seemed to fit alright even though I've lost weight (the dress is two years old), but when I went to put it on last night, it was literally falling off me. I was disappointed because I really wanted to wear it, and had to go with something else instead. I'll post photos later if any of them turn out sort of decent.

Our coffee maker pooped out on us yesterday, so we need to go get a new one this afternoon when DH wakes up. I'm having a cup of tea right now, but I can already tell that the caffeine in it just ain't gonna do it for me!;-)

What workouts do you all have planned? I'm doing GS Chest/Tris today, with maybe some cardio tacked on.

Jennifer -- Glad that you had fun yesterday and that Seville was alright after breathing in those fumes! I love your posts, too!

Robin -- So was all that baking for church today or did you get to enjoy some of it yesterday, too?

Tneah -- Hooray for your cheat day today!:)

I'll BBL to check in with everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.