^^^~Friday MELTERS~^^^

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning Melty ones!

Just getting us started. I took a rest day yesterday and will do LIC today. Love those bicep curls with the band around the barbell.

Back later for personals.

Good Morning Melters!

I am so glad it's Friday. I just keep thinking, "I just have to get through today"....it's still cold here and there is snow on the ground. We have no plans for the weekend which is just good with me.

Shelly:
How was your LIC workout? Are you going in to work today?

Lainie:
I remember telling you to rest, rest, rest....and that is all I am doing and I still don;t feel better. I wish I knew what this was. What type of body fat measure thing did you get? the calipers?

Tneah:
Sorry your evening did not end up the way you planned! Don;t you hate when the work gets in the way? At least you did get out and see the show. I hear you on the wine. I stopped drinking a few years ago and now just look at it as empty calories. I would rather have dessert! It's hard when at family gatherings everyone keeps bugging you to have a drink...I want to say. "can't you people have a good time without drinking!" It drives me nuts...I had a margarita a couple of months ago when we were out for Mexican with DB and DSIL, and I couldn't figure out what the big deal was...how long is the drive to SD from Vegas? Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned, hope you get to meet Mr Trainer in person!

Shannon:
You are lucky that you actually can see stuff coming up! we still have so much snow on the ground and they are predicting another storm this weekend.. ugh x(

Robin:
Thanks for the tip on the flu virus...I bet I have that, but had no fever so I just chalked it up to the common cold...this is hardly common for me though. Usually I can kick a cold in 3-4 days, not weeks. How did the workout go?

BBL...

Deb

Hi Deb - I'm sorry to hear that you're still sick. That's awful. I hate when I can't kick things!

I didn't do LIC this morning - I'll do it this evening when I get home.

I have guilty mom syndrome this morning. I dropped Sophie at school even though she's sick - congested, coughing, fever. I hate being torn between my kid and my work and since I took a snow day on Wednesday, I felt like I had to at least make an attempt to get in here today. I told Soph to call me if she feels really crappy and I'll go get her. At least that way I've made an effort for work, right?

Good morning, all!

I wish I had been here for the glum mood yesterday since that's where I'm at today. I'm feeling really run down and stressed about how much work I have to do right now. On top of that, I'm waking up at 5:00 on days like today when I could actually sleep in until 6:00, so my mood is cranky and tired. Yesterday morning I had to get up at 4:00 to finish some grading, and I was at work yesterday for 12 hours. Not fun! And then today I weighed myself, and I've put on .6 pounds. Sigh! Sorry to complain!!!

I have to do some work today, and then later on I have a hair appointment, which I always love. After that, I'm meeting one of my old students for coffee. She's going through a divorce, and needs some picking up!

Deb -- Sorry that you're not feeling well! Just rest and take it easy this weekend! Remember, too, to still go easy on yourself; the last thing to be worrying about when you're grieving is trying to overdo things! I ended up getting the Omron HBF-306 Fat Loss Monitor on Amazon. My readings were much better on it today (on an empty stomach and first thing in the morning) than they were the other night, when I did it right after dinner.

Shelley -- You are an AWESOME mom to Sophie, and so don't feel bad at all about bringing her to school! I just saw your post from yesterday about all the snow -- you guys can come visit me in San Diego! Seriously!! It would be so fun to have you hear! :)

Lainie -- I know -- aren't those body fat measurements the worst?

Tneah -- I'm so sorry that the hotel room didn't work out! Will you be able to try to re-schedule? Hopefully wig night will happen soon! ;-) At least the Bette Midler show was fantastic! I know what you mean about the wine; I've been saving those calories for a bit of dark chocolate! Yum! Let us know how the personal meeting with Mr. Trainer goes! This summer, we'll definitely still have to meet in person!

Shannon -- Did you stay home from work today to beat that snow? If so, hope you enjoy the day and that you don't feel guilty about taking the time off!

Robin -- What a great thread you started yesterday! I needed some sunshine yesterday, so I wish I had been able to read it then! How has your knee been?

Hi to TK and Emily if you check in!

OK, it's been a busy morning. I had to get groceries while Ewan was at nursery school and then put them all away. Also, I didn't make my BFL plans for today last night like I usually do, so I did that after I put the groceries away. Now Ewan is back home and I need to figure out when I to fit in my lower body work today. I think I might try doing a traditional BFL lower body workout. I hope I can do it before he naps so I will have that time for something else (like maybe a nap for myself--still very tired).

Ewan seems to be talking about Mickey Mouse kissing Goofy--not sure what that's all about.

Hope to BBL to report my workout and do personals.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Hey all,

Our internet was down this morning, so I couldn't check in...

Leanne, cheer up girl, and do yourself a favor and never weigh yourself at night-ever! I always do it in the morning after I use the bathroom, stark naked. ;) And I do the same dang thing, if I start waking up at a certain time inn the morning, I am stuck doing it every morning, no matter what time I go to bed, I can't stand that. It should get better with the time change though. Hang in there.:)

Shelley, I am with Leanne on this one, you are a great mom, you do what you need to do, without feeling guilty. Guilt sucks.

Robin, getting excited for your trip?:p

Shannon, how's it going?

Deb, a quiet weekend sounds wonderful, and you deserve the extra rest.

Lainie, sounds like you are doing really well with your new program. After three weeks, its much easier, trust me! And take a nap today, I love napping, you wake up in 20 minutes feeling like a new person, I think everyone should "siesta" every day.

Okay, gotta rush off to get my hair done--unlike Leanne, I hate doing it. x( I wish I could wiggle my nose and have it already finished....I don't like small talk, which is what you have to do when sitting in the chair for two hours...you know what I mean? Wow, and I consider myself a very friendly person. :)

BBL tonight guys....did a Spinerval workout plus Chest/Calves this morning, I used 35 pounds for ten reps on my incline presses which is pretty good for me.:7

Yo, I'm back. I did a tough lower body and abs workout (it would probably be easy for most of you but you know I have to be careful with my knees and stuff). I followed the BFL lower body workout and did it just myself with no DVD.

I'm watching old episodes of Ghost Hunters today on the DVR. I love Ghost Hunters, I have to admit. It's the only "reality" show I watch, really.

Shelley, I don't even have a job and I've been known to drop off sort of sick kids at school. In my case I just need that time to go to the dentist or physical therapy or whatever. You know how it is--you miss the dentist and it takes a month to get the next appointment. Or maybe it's not like that up in Canada where you have national health care. I know with the national health care in Holland I didn't have trouble seeing my dentist (who was actually a cute South Africa--miss him ;)).

Leanne, feel free to complain all you want. How long until summer break? Will you get a summer break or are you teaching classes then?

Tneah, still no nap today. I usually try to resist napping because I wake up so disoriented (but I can't do just 20 minutes, either--maybe if I power-napped it would be better). Sometimes I sort of nap after Isaac comes home from school. I lay on the couch and the kids climb on my while my eyes are closed. Then at least I don't have to worry about missing the school bus. I really am a lazy mom. You know how there's moms all involved in the PTA and stuff or taking their kids to this or that event. Not me. I figure I'm doing well if they are sweet and know they're loved.

Ok, hello to anyone who follows. Gotta go to the bus stop soon.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Hey all!

I may not get a chance to check in tomorrow since I have to get up early to work out and then I'm heading up to Los Angeles with a pal to take a soldering/metal class. We'll be making a bracelet, which should be a lot of fun! Right when I get back, DH and I are heading to a play -- and I'm hoping that I'll be back in time for us to squeeze in a nice dinner beforehand! If I don't check in, hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing Saturday!

Tneah -- Thanks for your sweet advice about the weigh-ins! I usually weigh myself just once a week on Friday mornings before breakfast, but I was testing out my new "toy." I think I'll still take your advice and give it to someone I don't like very much!}( How did your hair turn out? You know, I'm actually just like you: I hate the actual process and all the small talk of getting my hair done, but I just love the finished look! I always feel so much better when my hair looks nice and fresh, don't you?

Lainie -- I love what you said about how if your boys are sweet and happy, then you're doing an awesome job as a mom. I think that's very true! Yes, I'll have the summer off (we both taught summer school for about 11 or 12 years and have finally stopped) . . . and then I'll be on sabbatical in the fall! I can't think about it too much, though, or I'll really slack off. I feel like I have senior-itis like the high school kids get -- only it's sabbatical-itis!

Hey melters!

Sorry I disappeared today. The school called me at 9:30 to please come and pick up my sick child. So I worked for less than an hour today. Anyway, picked up Sophie and she had a fever and a nasty cough going on. Boy, did I feel like a good mom. And a good employee. Ugh.

Leanne - your day tomorrow sounds splendid! Tomorrow I'll be shoveling. We've had our first bit of snow and my SO and I just shoveled out the driveway in anticipation of the HUGE dump tomorrow.

Lainie - I just LOVE your mom philosophy:) Sophie is in piano and is taking a pottery class right now, but that's about it. I believe in letting kids have free time and to be honest, to try to do activities during the weekn when I work full-time is just too stressful. Trust me, I've tried. We did dance, we did karate. Now we just stick to something on Saturdays and always piano and that's fine with all of us.

Tneah - I was sorry to hear your hotel stay got canceled! How did your hair turn out? I can never make my hair look the way the stylist does. I just don't have the patience to take all that time on it.

Hi to everyone else!!! I'll chat at you tomorrow in between chores:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.