^^^^clean-it-up-TGIF^^^^

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Good morning,

Sorry I never came back again. Night time tends to be when people call here so I had a few phone calls and then watched Lost. That show is just crazy - I LOVE IT!

OK, yesterday was almost 100% clean! I had chicken (with skin :() and potatoes for dinner (yellow, boiled) so it wasn't super clean but tidy enough. I got it from the grocery store and it was really my best option - no cheese. :) I'm down 1 pound this morning. I think I actually need to weigh myself more often to keep motivated. Unfortunately, the next week is going to be a little crazy so I'll have to work pretty hard. We're going to Belgium this weekend again (if you want choc, PM me your address and I'll send you some!!!) and I won't have control over meals so I'll have to be very careful. Then next weekend (thurs-sat) we're going to Disney with the kids again so I'll have to be super careful there too. I'm not going to sabotage my efforts!

Klaudia, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. That's great that you have good neighbors to bring you soup! Also, I heard scissors lady was back. Who would let that lady live by herself???!!! Hope you're on the mend today!

Kate, thanks for the advice about the band work. It's always frustrated me! I'm a little worried about the time off school - I'll have to come up with things to do but I am looking forward to it! LOL about being your uterus. :)

Katie, I'm sorry you had a stressful day. Did you get some peace and quiet? Sorry you won't be able to make it to RT. It doesn't look like it will work out for any of us. I might have been able to swing it but I'm not ready to commit $100 to it right now and I def don't want to go without my posse! :):)

Morris, I think your thoughts about your dad are good ones. I would be struggling too but at some point you have to figure out if pursuing the relationship would actually be beneficial for either of you. Great job with your continued WOs and happy scale!!! You're doing great. Also, I did find wheatabix at the store... it kind of scares me but I'll try it.

Anne, I also found muesli at the store! There was a box that had dried fruit mixed in and I also found some organic yogurt and mixed it all together for a yummy breakfast combo this morning. ^5 with boot camp. It's one of my faves!!!

Robin, I canceled my WW subscription - I didn't think it was worth the $$ but it did encourage me to get my butt in gear! :) Was your day clean y'day?

Colleen, hope you had a good day. Sorry it was so busy and exhausting! I hope your day today is a little more relaxing! That's exciting for your sis!

OK, going to a ***friend's*** house for coffee (actually prob british tea) this morning. YAY!

BBL!

angie

Angie, what a busy couple of weeks you've got coming up!! While you are traveling, just try to focus on fruits and veggies. About the scale... I hate to advocate what some consider to be a bad habit, but weighing myself every day really keeps me accountable. I can watch how if fluctuates day to do and usually I understand if it is up (did a heavy weight workout the day before or ate some really salty food). I also write it down in relation to my cycle day, so I keep track of which days of my cycle might be "heavy" days and I can expect them and see them coming. I know what I am describing might be a bit neurotic, but it works for me.

FRIDAY!!:D <---------------------------------------------------------

Usually Friday at my job is filled with tons of appointments, but today I get another paperwork day (thank goodness, I need it!). I am hoping to get really super caught up so I can enjoy the weekend free of work stress. Maybe i'll ask Chris to take Collin to school so I can get into work a bit early and get going.

Today is STS disk 2 -- back and tris. Tomorrow will be my long run and abs, not sure which one yet.

BBS!

WO done, very fun, very fast-paced and the wo flies by. Chris is taking Collin for me, so off to work I go -- cross your fingers and toes that I get it all done! (and Colleen, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you too!)

angie, youre so chipper this morning! what a busy, fun couple of weeks you have! do the best you can, watch portions, and try to get some extra walks in.

katie, enjoy your wo! i was up at 5 from nnursing j and i thought about you wo'ing. then i went back to sleep for an hour! it wouldve put me up for the day at 4 ......i cant do that!:eek:

-----------
i did 4ds kb last night. NOT the best choive w/ tight hammies but i needed a no equip wo i could do in my rm. mike was out on a boiler emergency and i dont like to be downstairs when all dds are asleep.

todays wo - sts5.tris/back

im feelin lean, eats will be clean!
b - kashi, apple, pb
l - chicken ench w/ salad
d - ch. cacciatore (no noodles for me!)

Great WO Katie! Good luck at work today!!

I had a great (lovely!) time with my friend this morning. A nice spot of tea and wonderful conversation! :) I'm really starting to feel more comfortable here!

Lunch was leftover chicken and potatoes from last night so I'm keeping tidy. Going to try to squeeze in my WO (GS legs) during Ellie's nap because now we're leaving for Belgium tonight so I have some packing and preparing to do. I hate coming home to a dirty house. :)

Annabel is being all cute and packing her things for our trip to Belgium. I can't believe how quickly she is growing.

I was thinking the other day how I wish that I had kept a diary of these past 2.5 months to remember everything that's happened but if I look back on all my posts here, I'd probably find a pretty good diary! :)

Good morning Kate! You posted during me. :) Eats sound good. Glad you went back to bed this morning. A crabby/sleepy mommy is never a good thing. Have a great day!

I'll try to report after my WO but might not have time. I"ll check in later though!

angie

Angie good going with the clean eats keep it up. You should go thru all you posts and make a diary. you went from being homesick to making new friends.

Katie I hope you get alot of paper work done today.

Kate good menu today. What w/o are you going to do tonight.

My w/o will be STS 8 B&T. Next week will be my last week of meso1. I'm glad b/c I'm getting tired.

menu:
b-special k protein bar
l-chicken tangerine salad
s-sweet potato
d-clean taco's
s-popcorn

Robin, enjoy your WO!

I have decided to not WO today. I just have too much to do to spend an hour working out and then another hour to shower/dry hair etc. I am bummed but I think I'll be far too frantic if I try to get it all done and then my house will be a mess, etc.

I'll get a good WO in tomorrow and be back on track starting on Sunday. Next week I'm going to do 4DS in its entirety (Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed) and then we leave for Disney on Thurs. There is a gym at our hotel so I'm hoping to take advantage of that at some point in time for a run probably.

BBL.

morning - here for my drive by. this day is moving too fast.

angie, you sound rreally good. have a great weekend trip. disney sounds great too!

katie, great workout. i hope your day is productive. i know what you mean about accountability and the scale, but sometimes it makes me crazy.

kate, i was with you this am nursing. i did get up, however, b/c i could not fall back asleep. at least it made me wo, otherwise i would not have.

robin, your menu looks good today. what will you do next week? meso 2 or rest 1 week?

did 30 min hiit on elliptial, then another 30 min using elliptical for 6 min then upper body - pullups, chinups, pushups, dips, etc. it was a good variety, and probably good for my leg. back to work tonight, and date night for us!! i will be clean today and tidy, though. b- cotttage cheese and cereal and bananna and some soynuts. too much probably, but i was starving after my wo. bbl

Angie, Just think of all the cals you'll burn racing around the house packing!:D
Disney sounds wonderful.. Isabel wants to go SO BAD. Y'day we got stuff in the mail from them and she was begging so hard. She even called Mike to try to get him to take her this weekend!:p I think next summer. I really don't want to go this yr with a baby. We'll still have our week+ in Traverse.

Robin, STS5 tonight! Pullups here I come!:eek:
Looking forward to your rest week?! Have you been doing kettlebells?

Morris, I think I'm not eating ENOUGH for breakfast. It's just been over an hour and I'm starving!:confused::confused::mad:
Great WO this morning! I shouldve made myself get up:(

Klaudia, How are you feeling?
Hello To Anne (we want to hear your friend drama!) and busy workin' Colleen!

Morning, everyone!

Angie, have fun in Belgium! And I'm glad you enjoyed your tea today. Don't sweat not working out--it's supposed to be a stress reliever, remember? I have a hard time with that, but it's easy to say to other people. <wink>

Kate, good job going back to sleep this am. Did 4DS Kickbox loosen up your hammies?

Katie, great job on the work out. I hope you get a lot done at work today.

Robin, how do you make your clean tacos? I love all Mexican food.

Morris, another impressive work out. And you didn't eat too much, you have fuel your body when you work that hard. Have fun on date night!

Colleen, don't you hate it when you work like crazy ALL day and you don't feel like you've done one thing? I can relate. I hope today goes better for you.

Klaudia, how are you feeling? A little better hopefully.

I was a sleepyhead this morning, so I'm going to sneak away from work to do 4DS shoulders and abs. I think it's only about 20 minutes, so that's not too bad, right? I took this afternoon off, so I'll do the cardio part after I finish work.

Here's my friend drama. My BFF is moving from where I live to a city 7 hours away (Marquette, Kate and Klaudia). She's moving there for a guy she met 2 1/2 months ago. He sounds like a great guy and was set up by a friend of hers who knows him well, but I still think she's moving way too fast. Of course they're moving in together because they can't afford two places, plus the mortgage on her house here. So she called me at 4:00 yesterday at work and said she needed me to come over and help her organize and get packed. I said when are you moving? She said Saturday. Now, I hadn't talked to her since I got back from Mexico, so this was a total shock. And I was mad because she wanted me to drop everything and rush right over there. So we had a little spat and I vented to a friend at work. The friend at work suggested I help her today. So, that's why I have this afternoon off.

That was long winded, wasn't it? Anyway, I hope everything will be fine and he sounds like a great guy, but I'm just worried about her. She tends to be impulsive and not a great decision maker, so I'm concerned. I would be less so if it was just the two of them, but of course they both have kids. She has a daughter and he has two sons. But, there's nothing I can do, so I'll just have to get over it.

Okay, vent done. Sorry it was so long! BBL

anne

Hi Everyone,

I have 4 minutes until I need to be in a meeting so this will be short and sweet.

Robin, I thought I was the only one getting tired of STS. It was fun in the beginning but now my muscles are tired.
Anne, sorry about the friend drama
Angie, have fun in Belgium
Katie, good luck getting everything done
Kate, good menu
Morris, wow what a workout.
Klaudia, hope you are feeling better.

w/o was STS legs

colleen, hope your mtg goes well!
sorry you're getting so tired of sts! you're in wk3 right? your rest wk will be here soon!:)

a.m. snack will be a clif bar. im hungry! ive been racing around the house getting ready for the CLEANING LADY!!!! yay!

tomorrow we're going to the rodeo at msu. im so excited! we go every year.
im am TICKED tho! :mad: stupid peta rallied around and there will be no circus this yr.

I used to be a part of PETA until they starting throwing ketcup on women's fur coats in Mid town Manhattan. To crazy for me.

Kate you crack me up with your cleanmax for cleaning lady.:D

Colleen it's a challenging workout for sure and you really can't skip a day. The only thing that keeps me going is Robert ;) and that I'll be buying new w/o cloths to go power walking in the park after I finish this meso cycle. Gotta look cute.:rolleyes:

Anne clean taco is just with whole grain taco shells, salsa, low fat cheese and gd turkey. Impulsive people tend to not listen to friends and family because they like that adrenaline rush. It's a shame that she has children and she maybe hurting them if the relationship do not work but I think that you maybe wasting time trying to talk her out of it.

Morris and Kate great w/o! I still have one more week of Meso 1 and then the following week I'll do some classical stretch and cardio only.

I've added an extra breakfast of egg whites and tukey bacon.
Lunch will be chicken soup

Anne, I'd definetly say that's cause for concern! How old are their kids? I don't know your friend (and don't want to judge) but JEEZ! Put your kids frst for goodness sake! Get a vibrator!
Good plan for your WO!

Robin, I undestand PETA and I do think they have a place but BLAST IT!!! I want the circus!:eek:
LOL at Robert motivating you! I don't remember the names, but the one w/ short hair on Cathe's left......!!!!!!!! BIG MUSCLES! I love it! Not so crazy about the one w/ loner hair! BLECH, actually!

B etter get some things done....bb during nursemax!

kate, lol at circus. sorry, but i think peta s nutty - remmeber when they boycotted ben and jerrys and said ice cream should be made with breast milk? sorry, but that is wacky. hope i am not offending anyone.

anne, i am sorry about your spat with your friend. sometimes you need to grab at life and go, but, that seems kind of drastic. i had a longdistance relationship with dh for 5 years d/t me in school and him in military. it was good for us. i'd do it again.

robin, your tacos sound good.

colleen, are you taking the weekend off?

work is busy and i am keeping it clean. i really want to take the dog for a walk later. i work tomorrow, and it will be a busy quick weekend since dh is leaving:( okay, it is jjjust 2.5 weeks. must remember that!

morris, no offense here! boy, i could sure go for some b'milk ic tho!:p lol!!! i should do it and "surprise" the fam after they gobble it up!
yay clean eating! what kind of dog do you have?
you're a good wife!

i got scrapbooking done!!! im over 2 YEARS behind!

Good job on the scrapbooking, Kate!

Morris, those 2.5 weeks will fly by, but feel free to come to us for support whenever you need it.

Robin, chicken soup sounds good.

Hi to Angie, Katie, Colleen, and Klaudia! I hope you're feeling better.

Okay, I'm almost done at work. I did sneak downstairs and do shoulders and abs already, so I just have to do the step part of LIS and I'm done for the week. Then a shower, quick lunch, and off to help my friend pack. She's been divorced a long time (since her 7 yo was a baby--long, ugly story) and I know she's been lonely, so I'm happy that she found someone, but I just wish she'd slow down. It's not going to happen, though, so I'll suck it up and go be supportive.

I don't know if I'll make it back today. After packing I have tap and then out to dinner with tap friends. I'm supposed to go to my parents tomorrow, but they're calling for snow again. We'll see....

Have a good Friday, everyone!

anne

Angie, I try to never do a leg wo before a long sit/ride in the car, because I am that much more sore the next day. BTW, when you are in a pinch, put one of the girls on your shoulders or back and do squats, KILLER, trust me.

Kate, glad you thought of me in the wee hours before you got back into bed;)

Colleen, hope your meetings are going well.

Morris, your wo sounds killer.

Anne, how do you "sneak away" at work to workout?? WOW on the friend drama:confused:

Robin, tired of STS?? That makes me sad...

Work is going very well, getting lots done. I will NOT think about work this weekend! Eats have been good but I am STARVING -- my 60% this morning felt just right, so maybe that's why I'm so hungry. The scale was VERY kind to me this morning, so I am being careful although my body wants more food than the usual. I am just adding in a few extra almonds, a piece of cheese to my sandwich, etc. Dinner tonight will be ww spaghetti with meatballs (and Kate, I WILL be eating noodles!) and a salad. I figure I need to carbs for my long long tomorrow, right;)

Back to work, I want a nice hot cup of green tea with fresh lemon....:p

anne, you have a good attitude!
whycant the snow come on a wk day so dds can get a day off!?:D

katie, our spag isnt ww - fam vetoed it:mad:. i just go without instead of making 2 batches.

-------------
oh, i got soooo stressed out. got a ton of phonecalls from dh's guys angry as can be that im switching to biweekly payroll. there will be ONE TIME i wont be able to do direct deposit for them. you would think i told them im taking a paycheck away. im giving them plenty of notice. i was so upset i could hardly breathe. i sat down to eat lunch and INHALED it:mad:. needless to say i am full now:mad:. men are stupid and dont listen. one idiot said "thats not fair! now we'll get 2x the taxes taken out!" um, no, jerk.

where be my clean-eatin' peeps!?
klaudia, i hope youre curld up on the couch sawing logs!

yay!!! weekend is almost here!!!!
mikes coming home early. poorbaby is sick,. i feel so bad for him.....not! its going to make it hard to go downstairs at 830 and wo alone for anhour. im tired!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.