^^^^clean & tidy tuesday^^^^

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Robin & Kate thanks for the info re: STS. I think I might hold off for a while. I'm still pretty strongly considering CLX. Probably after the new year.

This morning I'm off to take the girls to school and then to that women's coffee at the church. Ryan's home again. This stomach bug is really bothering him. :mad:

This morning was CCB - day 2 of rest week. I actually like this WO - it feels "normal." :)

I'll be back later. Goal for today is no random snacking - just my 5 meals - 1500 cals.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Good Morning!

Angie- I hope Ryan feels better soon ! Those stomach things are miserable . :(

Today's a rest day but I'm going to do Cardio (probably a CC) and abs.

I'll bb a little later.......

Happy Tuesday !
Becky

Morning Angie & other C&T Lovelies! Sorry I never made it back last night - life is a bit crazy right now!

Angie, re: STS.... I think it's a great program - for certain people. Chris and I paid the presale price which is waaayyy cheaper than it is now - I'm not sure I would pay $300+ for it. And based on what I know about you and what your body responds best to, I'm not sure it makes sense for you. Maybe consider purchasing Meso 1 by itself.... Doesn't your body respond better to higher reps/lighter weights? Have you ever really given it a go with the GS series? My favorite rotation of all time is the fall/winter 07 lower body one from FF - my body looks SMOKIN' by the time I am done with that one! Did you end up ordering S&H?

Nina - LOL - you ran 17 miles on Sunday, I ran 17 miles last week!!

Anne - how is the condo? How was tap?

Kate - LOL at your baked potato!

Eats were sooooo go yesterday, no cheats. I tossed and turned a bit last night, but I feel pretty rested this morning so hopefully the day goes well. Off to the TM - 4.5 miles on the agenda!

PS - lots of questions about how my injury is doing lately... I would have to say that my pain/discomfort is almost NIL these days. I am a true believer in PT - it really works!

Angie, 1500 cals is not a lot..... I'd be starving, I'm sure of it.... If you need some more food, if you REALLY ARE HUNGRY, please eat! ...off my soapbox now.
Enjoy your ladies tmie - sounds great!
Hope Ryan gets feeling better. Is he still doing Insanity?
The girls going off to school well? No drama?

Becky, It's hard to take true rest days, isn't it?:p

Katie, Good job on the eats yday!
Glad the PT worked so well! Great news!
Have a great run today!

-
Cardio and Back for me today. No plans for the day - just normal SAHM stuff.:)
I'm afraid Julia is getting sick.:( She was up 3x last night and so stuffy she could hardly latch on to nurse. Boo.

bbl....gotta go start my chores!

morning

Angie enjoy your church coffee. ryan i hope he gets better soon. can he keep food down?

Becky enjoy your cardio.

Katie I'm glad you are feeling better and ^5s on the good eats

Kate poor lil babe...can you give her something or she is too young. What about saline drops? I used to sit in the bathroom when my kids were congested and let the steam loosen it up.

Plans for today...work and then take kids to Olive Garden for dinner to celebrate Jaz b-day. She 15 and taking driver's ed next month:(:eek:

bbl

Morning!

Up early cause Nevena starts preschool today!:) What am I going to do with three hours to myself twice a week?! Dance went well last night, thank goodness. Tonight we go from 5:15-6:45-I'm hoping Danica can bum a ride with the neighbors and I'll bring Milla later. Had a salad for dinner and a small bowl of cereal before bed and my weight's up!! Grrr. I'm really mad at myself for eating so poorly and worried that I won't be able to get the pounds off. Today is P90X Chest and Back and abs. Will do it later this morning.

Angie, I'll share your goal! Hope Ryan feels better and you don't get bit by the "bug"!

Becky, what cardio are you doing? I can't wait for Shock Cardio to come out!

Katie, you should become a trainer! You are so knowlegeable in all thinngs fitness! Glad to hear your injury is on the mend. Happy running!

Kate, poor Julia:( I hate when they can't breathe. Working out this afternoon?

Morning to all! Gotta get the ladies up and at 'em!

ohh klaudia, enjoy your quiet time! i am jealous. what are you doing for dinner on these late nights? don't fret about the scale - stay off it for 4-5 days and just eat clean. easier said than done, i know.

angie, stay healthy!! 1500 cal seems so low to me, but do whatever your body responds to.

kate, enjoy a quiet day. are you on a 1bp per day rotation?

katie, so glad you have no pain. enjoy your tming. i was outside this am, and it was so nice despite the humidity. gotta get a new tm soon....

robin, happy bday jaz! that is crazy she is doing drivers ed.

hi becky. i need to try some cardio coach.

hi lisa - aidan too is into everything, and he runs everywhere now:p on the shortest little legs. cracks me up!

i had a great long run this am. we are off to the zoo this moring. i need to do back, bis and maybe shoulders later. goal today is to keep snacking at bay and cals in check. i want another clean day!! bbl

robin, happy bday jazlyn! 15! that seems so far away for us, but its going to go so fast.

klaudia, enjoy your qt! and good luck n!!!
ignore the scale! go by how you look/feel .....but like nina said...easier said!

nina, havefun @ the zoo!
yes, 1bp/day + cardio. gotta shed some ####.:mad:

Morning, glories! I was on FB yesterday and I found some old girlfriends of mine that I used to row with. We all rowed together in a local club, but then we all moved away. I came back, but they didn't. Anyway, two of them are in Portland, so I'm going to try to see them while I'm out there. Should be fun!

I went by the condo last night and the previous owners are so sweet--they left me a bottle of wine and two wineglasses. Isn't that nice? I'm going to send them a thank you note. Of course, it depressed the heck out of me, but oh well. Tap helped me feel much better. There are 3 new people in the class and they all did really well so I hope they stick with it.

Kate, is Julia still stuff up? Poor little peanut. I hope she feels better soon.

Nina, I love the zoo. Is there a petting part where the kids can touch the animals?

Klaudia, what on earth are you going to do with time to yourself? May I suggest a self pedicure? That's one of my favorites. And I love your buffalo dip recipe. Does it reheat well? I may have to try that next weekend.

Robin, Happy Birthday to Jaz! Are you worried about her starting to drive or just amazed that she's old enough? Hopefully, the latter!

Katie, I'm so glad your PT is working. Are you enjoying the half marathon training?

Becky, what are you up to today?

Lisa, your schedule is very busy indeed! I hope you get some me time in there somewhere!

Hi Colleen!

Has anyone heard from Steph? I miss her.

So, I'm moving next Tuesday. I'm off work all next week and I thought I would need time to clean, but that place is spotless. Seriously, they left it in pristine condition. I'm not surprised given how anal they appear to be, but still, it's really nice that they did that. One less thing to worry about, kwim?

Okay, I have meetings all morning, lucky me!

anne

Good Morning Everyone!

I did my workout last night (Max Cardio Conditioning) and then did Max Interval Circuit this morning. I missed my run so I may only do 2 times this week because the back to back workouts wore me out. Also I did not sleep well last night and I was struggling to get through this morning's workout. Also, my hip is bothering me a little which is probably why I didn't sleep well. It started bothering me last night before I worked out and I have no idea what I did. I guess I am getting old.

Anne, I am a Penn State fan and that is why I can't support MSU. I hope tap did help you last night.
Robin, Happy Birthday to Jaz. That's crazy that they wanted you at work at 7.
Nina, ^5 on the clean eats. Enjoy the zoo today.
Kate, poor J! I hope she isn't getting sick.
Klaudia, I am jealous of your free time but it will go by too quickly.
Katie, glad the hip is doing better.
Angie, I saw great results from STS (my bi's are popping a little) but I agree that it is pricey now and I am not sure I would order again. I hardly ever order from cathe.com because her DVD's are cheaper elsewhere and I get free shipping.

How could I forget Angie? Mea culpa! May I be forgiven, please?

Angie, is Ryan feeling any better?

Hi again !

I did iCYCLE 14 (45 min. 16.2 miles) and med ball abs.

I'm going to bake a cake......I'm thinking about a chocolate one with buttermilk. I think that makes it soooooooo moist !! :)

I hope everyone's having a good day .

Becky

becky, i am wanting to bake ssssssoooo bad! i know id cave like crazy tho! that cake sounds awesome!

anne, what sweet people! that was so nice! awesome to have the house cleaned!
hope your mtgs arent too zzzzzzzzzzz

colleen, way to slam out the wo's!!

-
as soon as my snarfle-bum is asleep im going to do 4ds back 2x thru & 20 min versaclimber. gonna be sweaty!

eats are 100% on track!

Last edited:
oh.my.word. I haven;t sweat like this in a long time!

Welcome back, Versaclimber! Oh, how I've missed you!

Angie - Hope Ryan feels better soon. Being sick really stinks. I didn't get STS and don't think I could commit to a 3mo program, but I agree with Katie that GS is a good one to get.

Kate - The VC! You're making me jealous all over again, lol! Wow, J is walking or starting to - too cute!

Klaudia - You'll get back on track. I was baaaad the other week and finally getting back on track. Have fun with Tony! I can only take so much of him, lol.

Katie - I'm going to have to check out that FF rotation now!

Nina - LOL about Aidan's tiny legs! Have fun at the zoo. I'll be staying away from snacks as well.

Anne - Too cool that you used to row. I used to paddle canoe competitively.

Colleen - Tell me about getting old! We're like wine though, get better with age right?

Robin - Happy bday to Jazlyn! It's so funny that I never heard that name, but dd cheers with a Jazlyn and now your dd is named Jazlyn also.

Off for another full day. Off to pay the deposit on the hall for P's bday party then off to work. Kids have practice today also. I think P got ds' cold. Not too bad though. Just a little stuffy. I think I will be tackling the hill with P in the stroller today. Also need to do some ab work. Need to tighten those abs! Off to eat my kashi cereal! Determined to eat clean all day!

Lisa

Hey girls,

So I need to end up somewhere between 1500 and 1800 b/c 1500 is too little but 1800 is too much. I did ok until dinner and then I was starving. I ate clean and just had 2 little organic choc cookie things. Not too bad.

Ryan is feeling better. My friend Rebekah's husband is an OBGYN and helped us out with some meds. Thanks everyone for asking. He's not been doing CCB the last two days but plans to join me tomorrow.

Anne, what a bittersweet thing with the wine! Take a good friend and toast to your new place! Or, just paste pictures of all your sweet Cathe friends on the glass and toast to us! Wish I could be there!

Becky, your cake sounds so yummy and I don't even like sweets... I think I feel a little TTOTM coming on...

Katie, thanks for your input on STS. I am planning to give GS a good run with FF's Jan rotation. I haven't ordered S&H. I was only going to b/c it was on sale but when I realized that I can get it on amazon, I figured there is no reason to rush since it's not part of the FF rotation. YAY for nil pain!!! YAY for PT!

Kate, YAY for lots of sweat and don't worry, I'm not one to starve myself. :) Thanks for the thoughts though! And the girls are doing great at school - so proud!

Robin, happy birthday to Jaz!!! That's so fun. Have a great time at OG!

Klaudia, are you just throwing in P90X for fun and not really doing the rotation? Have you done the full 90 days? Hope your eating goes well. You obviously don't need to worry about your weight but try to encourage yourself to eat well just for your health! Weight probably won't motivate you too much - you always look great!

Nina, hope you had a good clean day and a fun time at the zoo!

Colleen, those two workouts back to back would be rough. I don't think I could do it like that. I need a full day to recover from a month one insanity workout not to mention a month 2 one! I hear you on getting old... 30 is knocking at my door!

Hi Lisa! Hope you have a great day! Still so strange that I'm ending mine and you're starting yours! :)

Off to put kids to bed... night all!

okay angie, "30 knocking on my door" is NOT old. makes me feel ancient to hear you say that:p. wtg with clean dinner and cookies. what did you have?

anne, those people sound so nice! who will help you move? it just sucks, under the best of circumstances, so hugs coming at ya!

kate, how great you still like the vc. i hate hate hate gym equipment/cardio machines. i tolerate tm's:p:p i wish i like the stuff more.

lisa, great job staying on track. you have so much on your plate. when is p's b-day? aidan got no party, but we celebrated with finn and dh. it was fun.

colleen, great job with your wo last night!

the zoo was so much fun today! i also feel like i will have a friend in this neighbor, which is such a nice thing for me. eats have been clean and i did my bsb work. i am hoping to sneak out in a bit to look for some tank tops, but maybe not. tomorrow am i meet with a vet whom i hope will have some work for me come november.

Back from an unplanned lunch/playdate at my friend's house. Her daughter wanted to play with Nevena and she had the day off so she invited us over after school (went really well, by the way-no tears!!) She made a mock chicken salad-with Greek yogurt and grapes-it was pretty good but needed something extra. I had a sandwich with a few chips and some fruit and a golden oreo-minus the cream. Did 4DS Chest and Back and HSC abs before I picked up Nevena. Feels so weird to be done and showered before noon on a weekday! I have a feeling she'll be napping shortly:)

Robin, Happy 15th to Jazlyn!! Have fun at dinner:)

Nina, glad you had fun today! I think I'm going to try a fall zoo trip with the girls-nice and cool out then:) I'm thinking of making a loose menu for weekday dinners, something like M-dinner out or at the studio (mac and cheese, cut up veggies, etc.)
T-pasta w/veggies
W-oven baked dinner
Th-crockpot night
F-up in the air (no dance!)
We'll see if I can keep it up. I'm hoping for shopping trip on Thursday-solo!!

Kate, great workout! Doesn't it feel awesome to be done for the day?!

Anne, what a wonderful gesture! Drink two glasses of wine-one for you and one for us;) Glad you went to tap-knew you'd have fun! The dip does hold up well-I had leftovers on Sunday. I wish I had pretty feet for a pedicure. I'm all excited that flip flop season is almost over so I can stop looking at my gnarly feet! Fred Flintstone-that's me!

Colleen, holy workouts! Sorry about the bad sleep-hope you can make it up tonight. And you're right-the time flew by!

Becky, yum! I have never baked a cake-even from a box-in my whole life!

Lisa, is P having a big party? I'm Serbian and we always have big parties-especially 1st b-days! Glad those are behind me! We're having all three girls' parties at once this year at an indoor waterpark-no mess and less money! I can only take so much of Tony too.

Angie, good eats! I thought I was going to do another full round but I think I'm going to alternate every other week with 4DS and some extra pulls/chins for a while and see how it goes. Your compliment made my day!:) And for the record-you're just a baby!;)

Need some coffee!

julia slept almost 2.5 hrs!! i got so much done! yay!

lisa, j's sntty nose isnt too bad - hope p can mostly avoid it too!
ugh - abs, i need to too. havr a great walk!
wisgh we could come to p's party!!!

angie, ^5 w/ the etas!!! great here too! tho i would really love to bake!!!
30's next month for me!:D making myself one fantastically decadent dk choc cake w/ dk choc frosting!:eek::D

nina, glad youre making friends! but then again, who WOULDNT like you?:D
for the cardio machines i put on some good music and sweat away! just when i was wanting to quit "rumpshaker" came on and i was lol and it made me work harder!:p:p:p:p

hey klaud! sounds like all is well at the galas palace!:D
yay nevena!!!
wtg on the wo!
good job menu planing!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.