^^^^clean & tidy thursday^^^^

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning gals,

Dropped girls off at school and getting ready for death by french lessons. :p

Feeling a little better today. Undecided about WO. If I do, it will be LIC.

Kate and Katie, you can get Clif products on Amazon. They ship "free" with their super saver shipping. My kids loved the fruit ropes too.

I really miss being able to buy those things for my kids - anything organic/natural. I really miss Trader Joes and Whole Foods! We have a tiny "bio" part of our grocery store. Basically milk and yogurt. It's illegal to give steroids and such to animals here so it's not as big of a deal but I still miss my organics! There is whole wheat pasta though - I found it! :)

OK... gotta go. I'll check in later.

Hey Angie, thanks for the link! Collin loves the bars, but i've never seen those fruit rope things, but I know he would love them! I'll have to get some! Thanks for the tip. And have a great time at your french lesson!

Well I think I must have hit the snooze about a hundred times this morning. I was planning to do GS Legs and Shoulders but the shoulders might have to wait til later. Oops:eek:

My job - for some reason - is crazy again right now and the stress is really getting to me. I have a *small* amount of time today to get some extra stuff done, I hope I can be productive. Your clean-eating vibes worked yesterday, can you please send me some (((get-your-a$$-in-gear-and-get-your-work-done vibes))) today, please?

Be back at breakfast!

French lessons done. They went a little better today. My brain just hurts by the end. I'm trying to explain to her how I learn - I need lots of repetition and exercise and explanation! It's so difficult when the book has an exercise that requires me to conjugate a verb I have not been taught. Frustrating!

Katie, ((((ass in gear vibes)))). :rolleyes::rolleyes: Hope you got a decent WO in. I was so unfaithful to my WO when I tried to do it early AM. I was a total snoozer. 2 p.m. works much better for me!

So, I think I'm feeling up to a WO today so I'm going to try. It's a sideways rain blowing cold kind of day and I just want to curl up next to my non-existent fireplace. :(

Ryan's taking tomorrow off so we can spend some time alone together while the girls are at school. I don't know what we'll do but it will be nice. ;)

Alright, need to feed kids.

Bfast was cereal
Lunch was chicken breast, clementine, babybel cheese
Dinner? prob leftovers

check in later

Angie, I am WORTHLESS at 2 pm -- so sleepy, I could never workout then. It's so funny how we are all so different. Glad french class went well.

WO was okay -- I was just not that into it, but I got it done. Tomorrow I get to do TM MAX so I'm psyched about that.

Menu today will be...

b cereal
s apple, 1/2 clif bar
l 1/2 sandwich, salad
s almonds, more fruit?
d chicken parm, another salad

I'll check in at lunch if I make it home. Hope everyone has a great day!!

angie! death by french lessons! lol! thanks for the link!
thats awesome about the sterroids/animals! wish the us would get a clue!

katie, get busy workin, slacker!:p
how were those lunges this morning?:D

----------
last night i did cs and it felt soooo good!
tonight - 1rms!!!

MUST TIGHTEN UP THE EATS TODAY!!!!

morning all - this is my drive by post. i am SUPER STRESSED and anxious:(:( does not help that i was up wayyyy too much with aidan last night. now i am at work and not pulled together. but, and i will repeat this ofter, i will not stress eat!!!! workout this am was 7.5 mil run, pub abs, 3 sets pullups (6/5/4). break was egg white and lowcarb wrap, apple, 2 handfuls fiber one, dry.

angie, glad french is done. what w/o qwill you do?

kate, morning! enjoy the 1rm

katie, i am with you inspirit today. lets get thru the stress and business and get to the weekend.

bbl

Good Morning Everyone!

When I went to the grocery store this week I bought steel cut oats because they were out of the regular oats. Since they take so long to make, I have been cooking them at night and then heating in the morning. Well for some reason, there is still a lot of water in the morning so it takes forever for me to finish cooking them. It is really frustrating. So I am going back to regular oats next week. Maybe I will just have the steel cut ones on the weekend.

My coworker just brought cookies in and they are across from my desk. Help!!

Angie, I don't know if I could take daily French lessons either. Good luck with your workout today.
Katie, sending you clean eating vibes today. You can do it!
Morris, sorry about the stress. If you feel the need to stress eat, have some fruit
Kate, sending you clean eating vibes today too! Good luck with the 1rm tonight.

w/o was LIC
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: should be clif bar probably be a cookie
l: tbd
s: clementime, chopped veggies
d: tbd

Morning, all! Sorry I didn't make it back here yesterday, it turned into a hectic day. A super long meeting, which included lunch, and then I had to run to books and beer (my book club). We meet once a month to have dinner, a drink, and talk about the book we read. We read Twilight, which I didn't care for, but it was a fun discussion.

Morris, so sorry about the stress! I don't have any advice, but remember you can always vent to us!

Katie, are you workin'?

Kate, how are the angels (your dds) today?

Angie, good job on the French lessons! I know it's hard, but keep at it and it will get better. I promise. Have fun with Ryan tomorrow, that sounds lovely.

Hi to Klaudia, Robin, and Colleen!

This morning I decided to sleep in, but then I was stressing out about waiting until after work to do my work out, so I got up, but later than I planned. I was going to do half of IMAX 3 and a Stretch Max, but IMAX 3 scares me. And, I've done quite a bit of step this week. So, I did CTX 10-10-10. Holy cow! I forgot about the interval during the hi/lo part. 48 high kicks into 48 jumps, yikes! I was good and sweaty. After that I did segment 2 of Stretch Max, which seemed so familiar. Then I looked at my rotation and realized I did segment 2 last week and I was supposed to do segment 3 this week. D'oh! Oh, well, I'll do segment 3 next week, as it's my favorite.

Okay, I should close this novel. Talk to you later!

anne

Morning girls!

Well, I confess-I didn't work out AGAIN yesterday:( Nothing sounded good, so that's what I did! Today will be better, I hope. I'm planning on doing HIIT. Send me some motivation, please! Have to take Nevena to her class and make a drugstore run, but then that's it for today.

Angie, N'inquietes-pas! Tu vas apprendre le francais! C'est une langue un peu difficile a apprendre. Il faut que je pratiques aussi. J'ai oublie beaucoup! Amusez-vous bien demain avec Ryan;) Je suis jalouse! Et moi, je fais d'exercise a 2 heures de l'apres-midi aussi! Je ne peux pas le matin.

Katie, I'll send you some if you send some to me! I hope your day goes quickly. I don't know how you working moms do it! I can't imagine the stress.

Kate, keep those eats tidy:)

Morris, sending you hugs. Take some deep breaths. Ha-listen to me giving advice! Great job on your workout, especially the pull ups!!

Hi everyone!

I'll be back after "class":)

Hey all. I did about 35 min of LIC (the WU, 1st cycle and the cardio from the 2nd cycle) then did the stretch. It was perfect I think. I was getting tired and started to push through and then realized it wasn't necessary. It is good enough for when I'm sick. I'm really trying to keep a rational viewpoint about the whole thing.

Katie, I used to WO in the morning (when it was my only option) but I hated it. I'm a total sleeper-inner. I love my bed and while I'd like to WO first thing in the AM and get it done with, it's not as important as my sleep!

Kate, how are those eats today? Keeping them clean? I woke up stuffed this morning and realized I overdid it yesterday.

Morris, your stress presents itself in good ways - a 7.5 mile run and eats were great. Keep it up, you'll be glad you did!

Anne, awesome WO. I think it's so important to just do what you know you will do well. :) I really need to get a stretch in but Ryan messes with our TV so much, I'm not sure where my recorded versions of SM are. I just need to break down and buy it! :)

Colleen, the other day when we were talking about V food, you mentioned that you ate it when you weren't eating healthy. When did you make the change in your eating? I struggle so much (partly b/c of the family) but I feel like it's a hurdle I can't get over. I'd love your story!

Klaudia, j'aime tus messages en francais. Ils me rendent heureux. Oui, j'apprends la francais. It's just going to take a while. Girl... GET ON THE WAGON! I know you can do it. The more days you take off, the harder it will be. Exercise = endorphins. Endorphins = happy. We know the rest.

Off to the shower...

eats are clean today. feels good.

colleen, oooh! what kind of cookies!!!??? seriously, they're prob dry and stale! not worth the cals!
every once i a while i try scoats and oatmeal. cannoy choke them down - yuck:( wish i liked them

morris, you rock the pullups!! and im so jealous of your running!!!
sorry for the hard night. julia's been waking up an extra time in the night and im gettin' tired!!! i almost always fall asleep nursing her!:confused:

klaudia, would a rest week (or two?) help? maybe some light cardio/yoga/stretching so theres no pressure to try to puh yourself? you are a busy lady! and a great mom & wife!!!
and i so understood all the french you wrote & im so excited!:p

angie, good job on listening to your body! that was no shrimpy wo anyway!
soooooooo...what ARE you and ryan up to tomorrow???? hmmmmm???!:p
eats are clean, thanks for the motivation!

robin, where you at, girl?!
kids back at school?

YAY! I'm so jealous. I've been eyeing our WO room trying to figure out how we could fit a treadmill in there... don't think it's possible. :(

i am not a fan of folding treadmills for running - it is just awkward, then you won't use it. i have heard great things about folding ellipticals though, angie, hint hint!! enjoy your day with ryan tomorrow. i am jealous of that. great job on the eats - what is for your dinner?

kate, i wish i could fall asleep nursing. i am the world's worst sleeper. glad finn did not inherit that from me!! yeah on the versa climber.

klaudia, kate had a great idea. would a rest week help? for me, getting outside is the best medicine, and while the weather is awful, sometimes tromping thru snow or being realy cold is good - perks you up, you know? any follow thru on the refferal yet?

anne, i totally love imax 3 - the blast only pre mix used to be my fav - i did it every week. no wonder the broken foot, right??? is twilight the vampire book? someone recommended it to me.

colleen, back away from the cookies! i must try the steel cut oats again.

okay, i am hungry, tired, irritable, and stressed. yuck!!! i had my snack of fruit, soynuts and cheese. lunch is left over quinoa and brocolli (sorry kate, but finn and i eat it every single day:p:p my fvaorite!! i will only feel worse if i overeat or eat junk. i am trying to remember that. i so much just want to sleep. okay, no more complaining from me. dh and i had a fight last night whe i got back from dinner. as soon as finn saw me he threw a temper tantrum, and dh hates that, so he decided he wanted to skip bedtime and go watch tv. meanwhile, aidan is starving and itred and finn is naked and screaming. nice, huh?? then, when i called him on it later, he said i shouldn't make him feel bad, he was just "done". i don't know about you ladies, but if i just feel "done" and dh is across the world, i do not simply check out. they are just little ones! they will fuss and such. i was so mad, i just went to bed. luckily, he is not holding a grudge today nor am i. and finn woke up saying "i'm not going to fuss today, mommy." he melts my heart.

who can tell me how to post a picture? i'd love to show you all my little monsters, i mean monkeys;)

G' afternoon ladies.

Katie did you get your work done today? Here are some vibes~~~~~

Angie death by French :DLOL That's the one thing I hated about my high school years....Language conjugate verbs. Why can't everyone speak like us ;). Good workout but take it easy until you are 100%

Morris no-stress-eating-ever vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~

Colleen there was a thread concerning microwaving steel cut oats. I usually eat the regular old fashion oatmeal

Anne you see what happens when you have so many Cathe DVDs. LOL

Klaudia here you go ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kate congrats versaclimber! Good luck with putting it together. Don't you wish that the cute UPS man would stay and put the stuff together.

Morris DONE:eek: women are never done! That is why God sent EVE to help Adam because he couldn't do most things 1/2 right. You see women use both sides of our brain and men don't.

My w/o S&H bi and tri plus core work(Cathe WM states that this burned 500 cal:eek:) ???? .

I can't wait for the new cathe core work her old stuff is boring.

b-oatmeal and blueberries
l-spinach salad tangerines and chicken
s-nuts
d-shrimp something

Last edited:
morris, i can totally relate to your situation last night. im sorry - it sounds like it was bad, but im glad you guys are okay today.
keep up the clean eating! you can do it! drink a big glass of water and brush your teeth!

robin, im ready for new ab work too.
you are doinggreat on the wo & eats!

i want something sweet! send me some vibes before i go beserk on a bag of chocolate chips!

dried fruit and nuts after lunch for me. at least i avoided cookies and granla bars and sweets. i feel full and satisfied now. also, i have a huge crockpot of bean soup for dinner - yeahhhhhh! love having something ready.

i need new ab work too. i did squeeze for 3 weeks, and that was a nice change but...

ggodjob on the eats morris!! thats just what i needed to hear. im about done nursing julia and wanted a sweet. ill have some cherries to take care of that!

eta: this is post #5000!!!!!!!!!
yikes!

Kate, congratulations on the 5,000 posts! That's awesome!

Robin, have you tried other instructors' core work? I really like Keli Roberts and Kari Anderson.

Morris, sorry about the fight with DH. Glad you guys are doing all right today. I went to that restaurant I told you about today and I tried Pho for the first time. It was really good, but I managed to spill a bunch of it down my shirt! The bowl was too full and it slopped over the top. Now I smell like lunch....

Klaudia, what are you up to this afternoon?

Angie, anything fun this evening?

Hi to Colleen and Katie!

anne

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.