^^^^^ clean & tidy wednesday ^^^^^

I did not work out, my throat feels like it is on fire! Every time I swallow I feel like I am swallowing nails, and every time I breath, I feel like I am breathing fire. I am taking advil and using sucrets, but damn this hurts!!

I wanted to do IMAX2 today, but that ain't happening! I can't imagine trying to do any cardio when I can't really breathe.

Menu is a big ??? today because I'm not sure how much appetite I will have, or what will be painful to eat. I will report back this evening.

Morning ladies.
I started my own premix workout. I did my own warmup and turned the 1Rep WM exercises into a upper body workout. It turned into that because when I grab too light weight I had to do another set with a heavier weight. In fact the BB rolls I had to do 4 times to get the right weight. I started out with 40#BB and ended up using 57#.

Back to work today and I'll give my boss my resignation orally. Just in case...
The investor are suppose to give me a check today.

menu:
b-oatmeal
s-peach and nuts
l-salad and chicken
s-??
d- fish and veggies

Good Morning Everyone!

Katie, I am sorry you are not feeling well. My coworker had Strep Throat last week and a couple of other people in the office got sick. I am really trying to get my rest so I don't get sick. I hope you feel better.
Robin, good luck giving your resignation today. Do you have a job yet in NC? I want to do my 1HRM calculations but I know it will be a lot of trial and error. I might start this weekend.
Kate, are you feeling better today?
Steph, how are you doing?
Hi Angie, Jenn, Emily & Shirl!

I woke up at 3:30 because DH got up because had to get ready to leave for NY. So I dozed between 3:30 and 5:30 before I finally dragged myself out of bed. I know I will be tired tonight.

w/o was Imax 3 & CoreMax segment (I'll do CoreMax tonight)
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: banana
l: grilled chicken, sweet potato, mixed veggies, watermelon
s: berries w/ yogurt, chopped veggies
d: tofu quinoa stirfry

Have a great day everyone!

Happy Hump Day, everyone! :) Friday is within sight - woo hoo!

Katie, that does not sound good. Maybe a visit to the doctor is in order. Definitely don't attempt any cardio. Rest, relax and recover.

Robin, good luck with your resignation! Yesterday you asked me about my Elvis smoothie - yes, it has bananas and peanut butter. Soooo yummy. I also add a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and make it with ice and soy milk so it's nice and cold. One of my favorite breakfasts. :)

Colleen, ugh - 3:30??? That's reeeeeeallly early. Your dinner tonight sounds awesome! :D

Kate, that article you posted yesterday was interesting. I can't vouch for the validity of it, but I do know that any livestock raised in factory farms are dirty and unhealthy. It's just such an unnatural environment for those animals - of course they are going to be dirty and sick. And then people go and eat that meat - it can't be good for us. It's just one reason I'm a (mostly) vegetarian. Anyway, I hope you've recovered from your pb ball binge (heehee!). ;)

Steph, if you're out there, I'm thinking about you. (((HUGS))) Take care of yourself, and know that we're here if you need to talk.

Okay, so last night I did manage to squeeze a little bit of a workout in. I did 4DS bis and tris, which meant I didn't have to do it this morning, so I could do a full hour of cardio. I did Interval Max this morning. :) Today's menu is:
B - Elvis smoothie (with protein added)
S - blueberry bagel with reduced fat cream cheese (actually, just 1/4 of a bagel) and some baby carrots
L - Subway today, I think (a veggie sub)
S - plain yogurt and granola
D - not sure yet, but today we get our weekly CSA veggie box, so depending on what's in there, we could have some sort of veggie/pasta thing, or maybe a veggie/rice thing... who knows? :cool:

Chat with y'all later!

Morning clean peeps!

I'm off work this week, had some surgery yesterday, feeling okay. I have the real estate people coming at noon, so i managed to cut the grass this morning. My mom is coming to help me out too.

Katie, i hope you feel better :( Sore throats suck! Gargling with salt water can help a lot too, try that before bed tonight maybe.

Robin, good luck with the boss today, that's tough. But no more lousy co worker!

Colleen, Imax 3, i'm jealous! no cardio for me for 3 weeks...alas, i will live vicariously through all of you!

Emily, i've never done interval max...and i'm still moving in with you so you can make me great meals...although Colleen's tofu quinoa is looking mighty good right now.

Hi to Kate, Jenn, Angie and Shelley, and everyone else.

Yesterday, i hardly ate, wasnt allowed to, so today, back on track.
No workout..
B: egg whites/oats
s: cc/pp/almonds
? the rest of the day
BBL
Steph

Good morning ladies,

Sorry I wasn't around much yesterday. I just had mostly a recovery day. I was so hungry all day though. I couldn't figure it out and then I realized the crimson wave is coming my way! So, I was snacking throughout the day. Thankfully we had nothing super bad in the house. We had bbq chicken pizza for dinner - not super clean but I'm doing a fridge cleanout this week before we leave so things won't be super tidy. I'll just watch portions and make sure I get my workouts in.

Yesterday's WO was HIS/LIS. It was good. Today's will probably be DM or BM2. We'll see how much time I have. Menu won't be super awesome. Normal bfast, not sure about lunch, dinner will probably be chicken kabobs/rice which I guess is OK.

Katie, sorry you're feeling so crummy. My throats a little tender this morning too but not as bad as you're describing. I really hope I'm not getting sick! Drink lots of tea, eat chicken soup, take care of yourself!

Robin, good luck with your resignation. Praying for you during this transition in your life!

Colleen, I need to check into my 1RM, haven't really even looked at it yet. I'm sure it will make a huge diff for me. 3:30 is way early - going to be a long day I'm sure!

Emily, I think I avoid reading things about meat being so bad because I'm not sure I could be a vegetarian. My good friend from college read a book called Skinny Bitch about a year ago and hasn't eaten meat since... I'm afraid to look at it. What portions of banana/milk/pp/pb do you put in your smoothie? I used to drink those a lot so I'd like to start again!

Steph, still sending lots of HUGS your way.

Hi Shirl and Jenn!

Have a great day all!
angie

Hey again!

Steph, good to see you here, my dear. Glad your surgery went well yesterday. I hate not being able to eat before a surgery. I hope your meeting with the realtor goes well today. And of course you are welcome to move in with me. I'll just kick DH out - he'll understand. :p

Angie, oh man, I know what you mean about being hungry beyond belief before AF comes. At least it's a temporary condition. :) I've never read Skinny Bitch (I have no interest, really), but the book that changed my life was Eat To Live by Dr. Furhman. After that, becoming a vegetarian was a piece of cake (and I'd like to point out that cake is vegetarian ;) ). I don't miss meat at all, but I never really loved it to begin with, so I'm sure that helped the transition. And I do eat fish once in a while, so technically I'm a semi-vegetarian, or pesca-vegetarian. Fish has issues too, though, so I only eat it once or twice a week at the most.

Oh, and here's how I do my Elvis smoothies:
1 small-medium banana (or 1/2 of a large banana)
1 tbsp pb
1 scoop pp (I use Designer Whey)
3/4 cup soy milk
1 cup ice
Shove it in a blender and pulverize. :) It's very tasty. Especially with chocolate protein powder!

I did it!

I finally broke down and pre-ordered STS. The August 18 deadline was looming over me. I'm official. It's my first Cathe preorder (actually my first official Cathe order... usually order from Amazon since we have prime/free/2day shipping).

Anywho - I'm really excited. I don't own a barbell though. I'm debating on whether or not to buy one. Chime in here and tell me what you have/what it costs, etc!

Emily, thanks for the info about the book. I'll look into it. :) No promises. :):)

Have a happy day everyone!
angie

Yay for ordering STS!!! :D I can't wait to get it! I'm sure it's going to kill me, and I'm going to seem like a total wuss compared to Cathe and crew. But oh well. ;)

You will definitely want a barbell, Angie. I have a Troy Lite barbell set, which is what Cathe uses in most of her recent workouts. I *heart* it! The main drawback is that it has a max weight of only 80 lbs, which may not be enough for some exercises in STS, depending on how strong you are. I ordered mine here:
http://fitness1st.com/Troy-Bars.html
You could also get a 15lb bar, which will hold up to 300lbs, if you think you'll need the extra weight (it's the 6 ft aluminum bar):
http://fitness1st.com/Olympic-Bars.html
I think it would be nice to have both the 5lb bar that comes with the Troy Lite set, and a 15 lb bar - that would give you a lot of versatility.

Hi Everyone,

I am changing lunch to a Turkey sub since I don't have time to get my grilled chicken during lunch.
Angie, congrats for ordering STS. I have the Troy Lite Barbell set and I really like it.
Emily, thanks for sharing the smoothie recipe - I will have to try it out. I will post the recipe for the tofu quinoa recipe if it is good. I got it from Clean Eating Mag.
Steph, {{{HUGS}}} I am glad your Mom is coming over to help you especially after your procedure.

Off to get my lunch and run to more meetings!! I hate meeting Wednesday.

Hey Ladies

Colleen no job yet in NC but I can live off my widows pension (I hate the word widow). I'll wave to your DH as he flys by if he is flying into JFK.
Emily the smoothie sounds really good.
Steph I'm glad the surgery went well, good luck with the real estate.

:D YES Angie! I'm glad you ordered the STS series.

I came into work this morning and guess who had an attitude b/c I went on vacation...that's right...my co-worker. I said to her well I leaving at the end of the month what are you going to do next month when I not going to be here.:mad: She was complaining b/c it was sooooo busy, like it's not busy when she calls in once a week. After I gave her a piece of my mind she calmed down. I guess she realize that I have enough sick leave to call in for the next 2 weeks.:cool: Don't mess with MAMA Cool.

Anyway this stress did not affect my eating plans and I now eating BBQ chicken and salad. and she is eating a chocolate bar, chips and soda for lunch. :eek:

Katie, Sorry you’re not feeling well! Take care of yourself. Better yet, let your boys take care of you! Cathe will be waiting for you when you’re ready!

Robin, ^5 on the barbell rolls!! Good for you! You put your co-worker in her place didn’t you! Good for you on that too!

Colleen aka Sleepless in DC - Sorry for a rough AM! You pulled off a killer WO though!

Emily, What is CSA? Great Wos! I haven’t done Imax in a long time. Always fun though. Part of me could go vegan but I’m scared I wouldn’t be able to do it healthfully. I go in spurts of being interested. After that article….more interested!

Steph, LawnMax after surgery! Be careful! Glad your mom is coming over. What’s the next step in everything? ((((((hugs))))) to you! Wish we could make it easier for you.

Angie, I hope you don’t get sick! You’ve got way too much coming up that you need to keep healthy for! It’s so hard when you’re trying to get ready for vacation/leaving. Good luck with the eats this week. You’re rockin’ the WO’s though! YAY for ordering STS! I can’t wai t for it!
----------------
I had hoped to WO today but it doesn’t look like its gonna happen. Does WeedMax count as a LB WO? I cleaned out 2 huge beds in the back. We have a kitten now too. She showed up while we were out Monday night and now we’re feeding her. She is so cute and Dds love her. Her name is Susie, named by Isabel. Under NO circumstances is she coming in the house though! NO CATS!!! I love em but I don’t want it peeing in here and I have no desire to train it. Better go…lots to do.

Hey ladies, thanks for the well wishes. I feel better now than I did this morning for sure, hopefully I can workout tomorrow. I think NOT starting my day with a workout makes me feel all wrong all day!

For breakfast I attempted some oatmeal, ate most of it. For snack I ate a peach, I really didn't *want* it, but knew I needed to eat something. By lunch I was hungry and Chris came and got me and took me to Panera for soup -- felt so good on my sore throat! After that we went to Costco to grab something and Chris talked me into a frozen yogurt. So that was the low spot in my day, but it was fat-free and lots of calcium and also felt great on my throat!!

Chris is in charge of dinner since I am not feeling well, and I think he is making "shake and bake" chicken:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: So I may cut up some chicken and put it into a salad. I really don't want buttered potatoes and other heavy stuff tonight.

Katie Girl, Sounds like you had a good day. No worries on the fro-yo. And ANOTHER salad?! What have we possessed you with!?

My eats have been deceent today
b - shredded wheat, grapes
s - apple muffin (Finally made em!) Not exactly clean, but not too bad. And delicious!
l - grilled chicken salad w/ orange peppers, cheese, salsa. Watermelon. another apple muffin -oopsie!
s - nada
d - grilled steak salad w/ orange peppers. Watermelon
no workout. tomorrow. I promise.

On a happy note the trim carpenter came and got the chair rail done for baby's room! Waiting for the painter now.....

I don't feel that bad about the frozen yogurt, I needed it. I checked it on calorie king and they rated it 3/4 starts for nutrient density, I guess because of the calcium!

My salad was good but not that filling. I will be fine until breakfast though. I hope I can eat normally tomorrow.

Hi Everyone!

Dinner was good. I will post the recipe tomorrow. I am too tired now.

Katie, I am glad you are feeling better.
Kate, I think weedmax counts as LB. Congrats on the cat.

Colleen, Glad you had a yummy dinner! Mine was good too. So was the frosted sugar cookie I had after dinner!! oopsie!

Headed to bed. Sleep tight everybody!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.