^^^^^ Clean & Tidy Tuesday ^^^^^

Morning Everyone! Another busy day on tap for me. I am getting kind of burnt out with my job lately. Don't get me wrong, I love what I do. I am just so busy right now, and I am dealing with a lot of clients who don't want to behave themselves.

Workout will be 4DS KBX and Legs. Hope I can make it through today... I NEED to get some abs in too this evening!

Menu~

B protein shake
S half sandwich
L chicken $ grilled veggies over pasta
S banana, string cheese
D (TIDY) quesadilla w/beans and cheese, salsa

Good Morning Katie and all who follow,

Katie, You CAN get through the workout today! :) Do you think your clients are misbehaving because of the holidays? Have you found there to be a pattern or certain time of the year when they have a more difficult time or is it random? Your menu looks good.

I'll be doing Tracey's new upper body workout today and a Kickbox workout. I'm not sure which one. I don't have to work today. I might try to do some shopping.

Menu
b-protein shake
s-banana & nat.pb
l-turkey and veggies
s-larabar - my favorite
d-?? I might be out

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Well, I didn't make it through the workout today. Not sure if a bad mood causes a bad workout, or vice versa. I just don't enjoy doing lower body work. Now I am in a fowl mood....

Do you all enjoy doing lower body work? Maybe I just don't like the 4DS Legs. Maybe I should use another video. I will give it some thought...

Well, no cardio for me today. I am not going to feel guilty about it either. First of all, I work out 6 days a week. There is no reason I need 6 days of cardio. Second of all, after a bad weight workout, there is no way I am going to do a cardio any justice, kwim?

Thanks for the encouragement, Shirl. Your workout and menu looks good. I've never tried a Larabar, what is it like? Enjoy your day off!

Katie - Good meal planning! I know what you mean about people who don't want to help themselves. We have an alcoholic in the family and It is so frustrating watching him throw his life away.

Shirl- You're up and at 'em early today! Good planning for you too! Nice to have a day off? Have fun shopping!

b- wheat chex, apple
s- ??
l-

DDs are up - c-ya!

Morning ladies. I was able to sleep well last night and no w/o for me today (rest day).

Katie cheer up you may need a few days off from work and w/o. Your battery is running low. I know how that feels.

I usually only do lower bod once per week. My legs are too muscular as is (too much testostertone LOL).

Shirl I agree with you. I work in a veteran's hospital and we do see a sharp increase in patients with depression and with depression comes substance abuse. Some of them feel depressed because of all the bridges they have burned (no friends, no family). This makes them bitter.

Morning Shirl early bird, I wish that I could go shopping with you too.

menu:
b-cereal
s-chicken soup
l-chicken panini
d-grilled something with veggies (maybe fish).

talk later

HI Ladies:) Do you have room for one more???:)

I came up with my own rotation yesterday using the new series and the idea of the Tank Top Rotation. Even though it isn't summer, I know that with Christmas comming, I may be revealing my arms!
Anyway.,...I need to clean up my eating a little. I have been picking a little to much and I know I am not going to see results if I don't be careful.

Here is what I have planned for today and I would also like to report the following morning what I ACTUALLY ate:;)

B-All bran bites, yogurt
L-Ham Sandwich, fruit
S-Yogurt and fruit
S-not sure

I do have left over lasagna in the freezer we may eat for supper. It is made with ww noodles and lean meat so it isn't that bad. I knew I wanted to check in somewhere today, I just didn't know where. If I new forsure I would have brought a protein shake in as well to have at some point. Todays workout is just cardio when I get off of work

Lori:)

Hello cLean and tidy ladies,

Katie: I remember Cathe saying once, if you're not into it, its a rest day! No guilt :)

Shirl, Tell me about Tracey's upper body Workout, i've looked at the clips.

Kate: Come back after DD's are up and about

Robin, enjoy your rest day, i hear ya about the sleep, i know if i sleep well, my appetite is even lower!

Lori, Good to see you!!! Tell us about your rotation? Tell us about yourself!

Today, workout, i'll do a total body and Bar method/stretch.
I'll post menus later, i have to get my intern :(
Have a good day everyone
Steph

Good Morning Everyone!

I am a little tired today and I hope I can pep up soon. I have a ton of meetings and it will be really bad if I fall asleep :)

Katie - I actually like working my legs more than my upper body. The only exception to this is Slo-Mo legs - it's a tough workout.
Shirl - I have tried Tracey's Step workout but I haven't tried the parts series yet. I love the step workout (830 calories burned on Thankgiving). I will try the parts series next week after I finish my month of Slo-Mo.
Robin - I am so jealous of your good rest last night. Maybe I will sleep well tonight.
Lori - welcome - what is your rotation
Steph - good luck with your intern. I hate it when someone is shadowing me.

w/o was Slo-Mo Chest, Bi's and Tri's
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: banana
l: tbd
s: strawberries w/ yogurt
d: out a company party - hopefully they will have something clean.

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Well...the "ME" story could get long so I will give you the short version!:)
*29 yr old, mother of two.An 11 yr old daughter and a 10 month old son.
*Married 6 yrs.
*Just back to work after a yr off
*Been doing Cathe for about 9 yrs now
*Been comming here since then!
*Live in Canada
*Just need to get my "picking pattern" off track.

Is that it I wonder? Not a whole lot to be told obviously! LOL
Im doing a rotation I made up using the new series, running,PUB and CTX UB. I only made up 2 weeks of the rotation yesterday, not sure if I will follow the same 2 weeks again after or if I will take one week and do circuit work.

Here it is:
Mon:4DS Bic,Tri,Shoul, + Run
Tues:Cardio and Abs
Wed:CTX UB + run
Thurs:BM2 (first 2 seg) 4DS legs
Fri:4DS Bic,Tri,Shoul + Run
Sat: Cardio (not sure what)
Sun: OFF

Mon:Scrammbled Eggs + abs
Tues UB Bic,Tri,Shoul + cardio
Wed: Run + abs
Thurs: 4 DS UB + cardio
Fri: Shorter run + GS legs
Sat" Long run + GS UB's

Welcome Lori glad to meet you. You must have a large collection of Cathe DVDs. Great rotation. Are you the same Lori from the Cheetahs chat group?

Lori -- glad to "meet" you! If you wanna clean up what you are eating, this is the place to do it! And what better time, with the holidays coming!

Collen -- I am LOL thinking of you asleep in your meeting.

Stephanie -- I had an intern for 40 hours a week, 8 weeks last year. SUCKED! I have a small office, too.... (Well, perfect size for one person but not two!).

I am home for lunch, just ate my chicken and veggies. I was still hungry, so I ate some nuts and drank a big glass of water. Work day is more than half over, just need to keep reminding myself!

See you later!

Robin** Yeah, I post over on the Cheetah thread as well...thats me:) !

Stephanie** Im at the very end of our beautiful country and not the warm end! The Newfoundland end! LOL We are thinking of going to Ottawa this spring to see the Avril Lavine concert, still aren't certain yet. My SIL lives in Ottawa.

Katie** Clean and tidy...thats what I need. Ive done good so far but I won't report just yet! hehe

Day is comming to a close. My work day, that is. 2.5 hours to go!

Wow! Lots to catch up on!

Katie- Sorry you don't like 4DS Legs. I actually like this one a lot. It took me about 2 yrs. of lifting to even START lifting for legs and another year to ENJOY lifting for legs! ...HOw'd the last 1/2 of the work day go?

Robin- Isn't it amazing how a good night's sleep helps all day long?! I've been gettin much better sleep lately too. Work has slowed down (a little) so that really helps!

Lori- Welcome! You'll fit right in! Good meal & workout planning! We love recipes if you can pass any along! In fact I just made a low fat banana bread today - I'll post the recipe if anyone wants it. It only uses 1/2 c. sugar and you roast your bananas in the oven first to bring out their sweetness. We should tell you a little bit about US. Here's my stats:

*28-yo. SAHmom of 2 (2 girls, ages 5 &3)
*Working out for 4 years, Cathe for 3
*self-employed w/ DH (plumbing contractor)
*need the most help w/ portion-control!!! It's not that I eat bad foods often, it's just that when I do I overdo it.

Steph- How's the intern today?!:p Hopefully she's someone you "click" with.

Colleen - Have fun at your party! We quit doing a company party a few years ago. No one seemed really into it, but we have a bunch of new guys now and I would like to start it back up. DH says "they work together all day everyday...they don't want to spend anymore time together" We'll see..I would love to cook for all of them. It would be 15 plumbers plus spouses and some kids.

Shirl- How did shopping go?

Well, my day is going well. Keepin' tidy/clean!
b- wheat chex, apple
s- a couple graham cracker bites at preschool w/ DD
l- scr. egg w/ 2 extra whites, red peppers, 9-grain bread w/ no butter
s- slice of banana bread (NO MORE!!!!)
d- salad w/ grilled chicken

I JUST FINISHED MY WORKOUT!!! It is such a treat for me to get an afternoon workout! I did KB & Legs. With all of the breaks for DDs it actually took about 90 minutes, but I got it in! Maybe I can scrapbook tonight,....OR just go to bed early!!!

Well, I think this is my lenghtiest post yet...better go before I accidentally delete it! See you later !

Well, here comes TTOM. I am sitting here on the couch with a heating pad.....

Kate, maybe I don't dislike 4DS legs. At first I LOVED it. Maybe I was just in the wrong mood this morning. The last half of work was busy but fine, thanks for asking.

Lori, some info on me...
*25 years old, 26 in January
*I have one son, Collin, who is 2 1/2 (YIKES!)
*I am engaged to a wonderful man, Chris, and we are planning a May 2008 wedding on the beach
*I am a Case Manager for a court ordered alcohol and drug program
*I love to sleep, eat, and work out (in that order!)
*I am very new to Cathe, only about 10 months

Hello again!

Kate, that banana bread sounds amazing! i have a recipe for a fat free carrot cake too, let me know if you want it. Intern is going well, thanks for asking. She is very nice actually. She'll be with me full time until Christmas..i'm just used to doing my own thing.

Katie, sorry you're not feeling well, we can all relate.

Lori, i have always wanted to go to Newfoundland. My grandparents lived in Halifax until they passed, so i've visited twice. Our new pharmacist at the hospital is from Newfoundland as well. If you come to Ottawa, try to stop in Toronto!!

Stats;
30 years old, registered dietitian, work in HIV care at the teaching hospital, teach on the side
married, 12 years in March.
Been obsessed with Cathe for about 6 years now, wow!
2 dogs, no children yet.

Steph

I would love the carrot cake recipe too!

I can't post the b.bread recipe right now. DH and I are working (actually I'm supposed to be working (teehee) - snuck off for a second!

We had dinner out. I had a grilled chicken salad - and a piece of this awesome bread. We were celebrating DH passing a national exam! Another license under our belt! so.......we went to get ice cream. I didn't order any but DD didn't finish hers...so I did. It was Death by Chocolate and oh so good. Ugh, though.....super clean tomorrow....yeah, right you all say!:+

DH is getting angry! Run! I'll try to get back on tonight w/ the recipe! Ah - I'm in trouble!!!!:) }( :+

You got it!

Kate, dont work too hard :)

Whole wheat carrot cake

1 1/2 cup WW flour
3/4 c sugar or splenda
1 tsp baking sodsa
1 tsp baking powder
cinnamon
2/3 c applesauce
2 egg whites
1 c finely chopped carrot
1/2 c pineapple with juice
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350F, grease pan (spray)
Mix all dry ingredients
Make a well in the centre, add wet
Combine well, can even use a hand mixer if you want it really smooth
Bake for 30-35 min!
YUM!!
Steph

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.