[[[[[[[[ cLEAN & tidy wednesday ]]]]]]]]

CollinsMom

Cathlete
Day two of the new year!!

Are you headed back to work today? Are you working out? Are you eating cleaner in the new year?

Have a great day, and DRINK YOUR WATER!

I think I would give my left arm to still be in bed right now, asleep, and to NOT have to go back to work today. Oh well, it has to be done sometime.

Not only do I have to go back to work after a long, glorious break, I also have PILES and PILES of CRAP waiting for me, and a bunch of ill-behaved clients coming in to see me. WHAT was I thinking?

I have some definite DOMS in my thighs, glutes, and abs this morning, but nothing unbearable so that is good. Today's workout will be GS Chest & Tris -- wish me luck, especially with all those push ups! I need to take my measurements too.

Menu for today:

B strawberry protein shake
S half sandwich
L tuna, crackers, veggies
S protein bar, banana
D grilled chipotle chicken w/veggies and black beans
LOTS of water!

Heeelllllllllo clean & tidy ladies! WAKE UP!!

Workout is done -- whew, that was HARD! I will be SORE tomorrow!

Drinking my protein shake, then off to work. Check back in at lunch time!!

Morning

Good luck with the push-ups Katie. Make note of how much you can do, just to see how much you will improve by the end of the month.

Kate are you still with us with the gym style? I know how you feel about gaining back the pounds that you have lost.

w/o today was GS-Back, Bi,shoulders and my arms was shaking for the whole workout. I was mad also, because I was not able to use my new 25# DB for backs :-( .

b-oatmeal with blueberries
s-cheese serving
l-turkey and bean stew
s-banana and nuts
d-chilli

Ladies do Fiber One bar give you gas?

Good menu & w/o Katie! I'm dreading the back-to-work grind too.

I'm going to have a really busy day today and my WHOLE BODY is achin' from the last few workouts so I'm taking a rest day today.

menu:
b - wheat chex, apple, tiny bit of pb
s - apple or banana
l - errands w/ DDs & out to lunch: likely a grilled ch. salad
s - ??
d - taco salad

Well, I am feeling so lean and healthy so I weighed myself this morning (no DDs around) and it was 139.5!!!! WHAT IS THAT?! I have GAINED 2.5 LBS!!!??? I feel awesome, clothes fit the same if not better. How fast can you put on muscle? I am really discouraged. I was doing so good w/ the scale on the circuit rotation I was on. I was afraid this was going to happen w/ GS. I know to give it time, maybe my muscles are holding water or something. But I REALLY would like to see a different # on the scale. Any thoughts/words of encouragement? HELP! I feel like I have good muscle tone in UP and legs. I would like to lean out in the belly region to FINALLY see my 6-pack that I can feel w/ my fingertips (DH can too). Is the GS the wrong rotation to be on? Maybe I should do Cathe's January rotation? It still has plenty of weights in it to maintain my muscle. I think I might switch to that one. I really would rather focus on leaning out more instead od bulking my muscles.

Well, now that I've babbled on, what do you think?

Hey, Robin, you jumped in while I was typing. You'll get to the 25s - I use them in the GS for the 1-arm row. I think I could use them for the 2-arm row but I'm afraid my form will suffer by the end.

Good meal plan and YES!!!! Fiber 1 bars give me HORRENDOUS gas!!! And its not just little lady like toots - IT REEKS! The pb ones seem to be safe but the choc. ones - WATCH OUT!! It's like a dark cloud that follows the rest of the day. My body is used to fiber, but JEEZ LOUISE! Fiber1 bars are DA BOMB! (literally) I hate to give them up because they're so yummy and a guiltless treat but I have to be careful in my timing of when I eat them or flowers will wilt in my wake!:7 :7 :7

Good morning cLean and tidy peeps

Back at work! Its okay though, what ya gonna do about it right? Have to make some money to buy more workouts :)

Katie, I hear you about the GS! Freakin hard, good menu though!

Robin, I have gas all the damn time, fibre smiber! Next week, you'll be up to 25# for sure.

Kate, I think your body is changing. Since the holidays, i cant break 130#, i was so dissapointed this morning too. I find after a few weeks of being perfect, my body starts to shed weight. If you're clothes are fitting, and you feel good, there is no way its fat!! I find with my body, heavier in the bum and leg region, heavy lifting in splits is badness. I'm not sure of your body type though. Give it one more week, and see how you feel. December is a tough month all around. Hugs!!
BBL, gonna run to rounds!
Oh yeah, tonight, 4D LIS and B&G's, be back.
Steph

Mornin', Steph! Hope work goes good for you today. Glad to hear you suffer from "brown-cloud syndrome" too! I always thought it was just me - DH and my sis make TERRIBLE fun of me! Thanks for the encouragement on the lbs. Re my body type: Lean upper body, chicken legs, hold weight in the belly. (Would this be the apple type?) I'll keep going on the GS for now. The change will probably be good for me. Have fun w/ LIS tonight! One of my faves...

Good Morning!

It looks like I'm not alone. I too, suffer from "brown cloud syndrome". LOL My family was dying last night and wouldn't come near me. Ok, tmi.

Katie, Thanks for getting us started. I hope your day goes well. You have a tough job. How do you like the rotation so far?

Robin, You'll be using those 25's in no time! You did a tough workout. ^5 Have a good day!

Steph, No intern, right? Workout sounds like a good one, have fun with it.

Kate, Don't be discouraged especially if your clothes are fitting well. It sounds like we have similar body types. I carry my weight in the belly, too and yes that is considered an apple.

Workout for today - HSTA. I'm back to work and it should be a busy day. :)

Hi Jenn and Colleen!

menu
b-cereal, banana, raisins
s-yogurt
l-large salad w/almonds and lowfat cottage cheese
s-1/2 suncake
d-chicken breast strips, brown rice & broccoli

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hey, Shirl! Menu looks great! I must admit I don't care for HSTA too much - I like HSC much better. If its on the rotation I'll do it but its not one I'd pick out to do. Thanks for the encouragement!

I did Str.Max this morning while DDs were playing Barbies. Gina joined me for some of it. I hope they enjoy fitness too as they get older. There are some Cathes they like to do w/me. Gina is more interested tha Isabel, but she;s older too. I need to go order some kid dvds for us to do together on a regular basis. Gina has my body type BIG TIME and I don't want to see her turn into a chubby kid /teen like I was. And, boy, does she have a sweet tooth!

See ya!

Kate,

Your example will play a major role with your girls. My Mom did not exercise but my Dad did and still does. He would encourage us to exercise b/c it "makes you feel so good." It's great that they exercise with you and I'm sure Isabel will be more interested when she's a little older. I have a dvd - Tony and the kids and my 7 y/o DD loves it. She wanted a dvd like Mommy. I haven't done HSTA in a while but I like it. I like HSC, too. I really like to do the cardio and lower body premixes of both back to back - good workout!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Shirl - I NEVER tell DDs I exercise for weight loss or anything related to that. IT's always because it makes me feel good, keeps your body healthy, etc. THat would be a great premix - I'll have to try it sometime.

Kate, that is really good parenting! I wish my mom knew those things when i was growing up.

Shirl, what's a suncake??
And yes, no intern!!! Can you tell.
Steph

I agree with Steph -good parenting Kate! :)

Steph, A suncake is a vegan cake-like bar.(it's round) It contains 30% protein and 30% fiber - 1/2 cake is a serving. Here's a link to the website http://suncakes.com/ They're dry but I really like them. Yes, I can tell - no intern! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Shirl, those sound amazing!! Which one did you eat? Where in the US do you buy them? I'm wondering if there is anywhere here in Canada that sells them!
S

Hi Steph,

I buy them at our local health food store. I've tried apple, cranberry and date. I like them all. Today, date is on the menu - YUM!

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick check in to say hi. Today has been really crazy and I can't wait until it is over.

Did LIC this morning and my eating has been clean today. I will check in later with personals.

Colleen

Hey ladies, looks like everyone is doing well! Glad to see that the activity in here has picked up as the morning progressed.

Kate, the scale has gone up for me too. I was 137.5 on Saturday, 139 today. WTH? It MUST be water and/or related to lifting differently. I agree, hang in there for another week or two and see how things go. Also, you may want to take your measurements and see how that changes.

I bought some Fiber 1 bars (chocolate) yesterday after reading you all talk about them, I experienced the gassiness too! Glad to know that is what it was, haha! They are YUMMY!

Menu for today has changed somewhat, but I am keeping it clean, except for one miniature reese's cup I had at work this morning. I needed a taste of something chocolate, and luckily that did it for me! I need to take some dark chocolate squares to work with me -- as far as I am concerned, dark chocolate is health food!

Today was my first heavy weight workout in quite awhile, so I am RAVENOUS! I forgot how hungry I got with lifting heavy! I have modified my menu to include more protein -- I think I should have about 95 grams by the end of the day. I am doing well with my water too!!

Check back in after work, ladies!!

hey ladies

I also get so hungry after I w/o with heavy weights.
Hi Colleen busy busy day

Sorry kate about the pounds I knew that your were scared of that. My suggestion is the same as the others. Give it some time, let's say until Monday and weight yourself again. If you weight is still up then go with the circuit rotation. We won't hate on ya (as the kids say).The important thing is to be happy with your w/o.

DA BOMB is right!:eek: Fiber one is sooo good but later on everyone suffers. Brown Cloud Syndrome LOL:D :D
But Shirl, Kate, Katie, Colleen... anybody, what is the cure for this syndrome?

I'm going to research Fiber One web site to see, maybe Beno.:D
Shoot I just brought a big box of Fiber One bars from BJs.x(

Hi Colleen! Hope your day is treating you nice!

Katie, Glad to read your scale is doing the same thing! Gives me hope! That's too funny those bars give you gas too! Those mini-pb cups are so yummy. Hint: They're even better frozen. I have a small stash in the top of my freezer that no one knows about for when I need a quick fix!

Robin, No idea on the cure for BCS(!). I always just try to dink tons of water to flush it thru. I also blame the dog! Thanks for not hatin' in me!

My day has been semi-according to plan, but tidy. I hate being busy away from home. Gotta get going - business calls!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.