>>It's Countdown Thursday MELTERS!<<

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Just up from doing the shoulder, bicep and triceps from PUB. I must have been half asleep..forgot to hit the "start" on my MRM.. put the wrong shoes on...oh well at least I got the workout done!

BB in a bit,

Deb

Well done for getting it done, Deb! I, on the other hand, turned the alarm off and went back to sleep. My back is really sore this morning. I'll do my run this evening.

Hi, I'm back,

Jumping right in here...;-)

Robin:
Yes, we have an old church a few blocks away with a belfry! I have always thought that this is where they come from. Love the bit about Jimmy and the empty suitcase!

Shelly,
I would check with Zappos to see if they ship to Canada..you can;t beat the selection and for us, it's free shipping both ways! If you don;t like the shoes, you ship them back free! Yes, Fritz was ducking or something when the bat swooped down and he would fall off his perch, and all the stuff in his cage, bells, toys etc would be hitting the sides.. I thought he was having a nightmare or something! Thanks for the tip on posting pics! I could never do this before..

Tneah:
Will you do SJP ever again? I don;t own this one...just the name keeps me away.. too high impact! Which new P90 did you order? P90X plus?

Kara:
the image of your DD with a helmet on and a tennis racket made me LOL! :7 I did a rotation of P90X, for about 9 weeks, and had to travel so I got messed up and never went back to it as a rotation. I have used the upper body workouts though in my own rotations. Did you get P90x + ?

Shannon:
Thanks for stopping by, we know you have been very busy!

Leanne:
I agree... you need to re-think the rough draft commenting! People always tell you to stop losing.. usually it;s those that need to lose some weight! You are not a drag! We all have times when we are struggling with life in general...vent here, get it all out, that's part of why we are here!

Lainie:
Cute wallet! I know you will love the windows..so easy to clean. I think your new rotation idea would be a good one for you.

Jennifer:
I hope you get the computer and printer going!

Have a great day!

Deb

Good Morning Melters.

Tonight, I plan on NOT to shop. I'm hoping to do MM but may wait till Sat. before I start up again. My printer will be up and going tonight with my new cord.

The Holiday is 10 days away, I'm supposed to be going to Schipschewana on Memorial Day. That Saturday is going to small village east of here for walking,etc..

Kinda tired from Seville thinking I needed to get up early today.

Hi Melters -

This morning is starting off better than yesterday. I expect more "interesting" stuff later though, after a thrilling and exciting meeting. (Can you hear the sarcasm?)Last night I did CC 6 with Candace, which always whips my butt. It felt great after slaving away at the computer all day.

Deb - you made me laugh about putting the wrong shoes on!

Shelley - extra sleep is nice, isn't it?

Jennifer - you can do it! No shopping, no shopping....

I'll try to BBL, depending on how the day goes. I really want to see what went on yesterday!

Good morning all! I am heading to the food store and dry cleaners, but wanted to check in. :) I did CC Press Play on the bike and treadmill this morning and B&G floor work. Why doesn't the bike get any easier????? :eek:

The Powerstrikes I have are 1&2. They have Patricia Moreno and Ilaria Montagnani in them. They are the toughest kickboxing w/o I own, but are only on VHS. In fact, I don't think they are for sale any longer. I believe a 3rd was made on DVD, but isn't nearly as tough.

I will be back later to catch up with y'all! Have a nice morning!

Kara :)

Hey guys, there is a deal at iTrain right now. Buy 3 workouts, get 3 free. The code is MDAY2008. I used it yesterday and think it is good until the end of the month. }(

Kara

Morning all!:)

I was chatty yesterday wasn't I?

Deb, LOL at the wrong shoes, I got an image of you working out in heels for some reason.:p I ordered the P90X plus or those newer workouts..not sure what they are called actually. I am hoping they are harder than Kenpo X, I like PlyoX alot, but the kickbox one never gets my heart rate up.I will probably do the SJP again, the step portion is actually really fun!

Shelley, ouch on your back hurting this morning. Mine feels that way too, take some ibuprofen before your run and make sure to stretch out that lower back afterwards!:)

Kara, thanks for the itreads code, that is a very good deal, especially since the price of these workouts jumped up so high!:eek: And agreed on the bike thing, it is always hard isn't it?

Shannon, I have that Candace workout, I really like it and should do it more often...your day sounds exciting?:)

Jennifer, where in the world are you going? That is a very long name for a town and I am very impressed with your spelling skills.:)

Hi to Lainie, Leanne (you are probably knee deep in papers)and Robin..love that picture on your new avatar, did you take it yourself? Very pretty, although I miss you and your tin foil hat!:7

This morning is supposed to be Imax2 plus segment 3 of Coremax. This rotation is really high impact, so far so good with the joints, my lower back always hurts no matter what I do, so will see how I feel on Saturday about this "bootcamp" deal. Tomorrow's workout includes 400 walking lunges, is Cathe insane? I think my hip might protest about that one, but again I will see. Hopefully my appetite will calm the heck down today too. I woke up in the middle of the night and ate chicken breast! I was that hungry yesterday. Strange.

bbl...but of course you already knew that..;)

I'm busy as stink but just running in to say that I have the Powerstrike workouts on DVD (1 and 2), so if anyone wants them, let me know. The production values truly SUCK, but the workouts themselves are fabulous (if you like KB).

Tneah, no, I didn't take the robin picture. I was fooling around with Shelley's instructions about posting pictures from the internet and decided it was time to change my avatar for a bit. Funny, I couldn't figure out Shelley's instructions, but last night, during one of my hot flashes, it came to me. It worked when I tried it this morning. I will probably turn into a picture posting idiot now.

Kara, you are right about the powerstrike vids not being available. Someone burned them to DVDs for me. I haven't done them in a long time. They are hard! I got Montagnani's newer DVD, but it was too easy!

Shannon, I hope your meeting IS interesting, in a good way. Missed you yesterday.

Jennifer, good luck with the printer and MM.

Deb, the image of your bird falling off his perch made me think of Monty Python's dead parrot skit.

Shelley, my lower back has been bothering me too. It may just be from the GS workout I did the other day. And old age. Sigh.

I hope I have better luck with my workout today. I'm not sure if I will try to make up for yesterday's lost cardio, or skip it and do GS C&T. We'll see what the day brings.

Kara - have fun shopping. I actually like going to the grocery store!

Tneah - yes, you were chatty yesterday! I went back and read yesterday's thread and loved it. :D You take care of your joints, young lady. Sub Low Max for an Imax if you need to. You don't need TWO artificial hips!

Shelley - you're absolutely right about the Powerstrike production quality! :7 It's terrible!!

Robin - you could always do a split routine today, say 4DS HIS, then maybe the GS CT timesaver, if you want to make up for lost time. Of course pure cardio is always a good idea!

The really fun, super-interesting meeting begins in 20 minutes. x(

Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue, idn'it? Beautiful plumage.

Shannon, I like your idea. Maybe that's what I'll do. Have fun storming the castle.

I just wanted to get in that dead parrot quote before I started rambling on and on.

The builders are here banging all over the house. I'm thinking Ewan might not get a nap today. Ugh. The trouble is he didn't nap yesterday either so he'll be beastly by this evening. We also have a T-ball game tonight. I hope I can get Brian to take Isaac to the game and I'll stay home with Ewan. I hate to miss Isaac playing, but I dread a late evening with stinkypants.

We got out of the noisy house for a while and went to Target, Ann Taylor Loft, and Barnes & Noble. Three rather dangerous places for my wallet to enter. Sure enough, it did not emerge unscathed. Could have been worse, though....

I don't know if I'm going to work out today or not. Is a lot of banging around your house a good excuse for a rest day? Also, there's about a dozen men working around my house and lots of windows, so I might be seen in my workout clothes. Eek! There are blinds in my living room, where I usually work out, though. I might do a 30-minute upper body workout or something like that.

Deb, good job getting that early workout done. That's probably what I should have done--gotten it done early before the builders came. I did get my shower in this morning at least--a lot of times I take afternoon showers because I'm always running late in the mornings.

Shelley, hope your back is feeling better by now.

Jennifer, hope you get a nice break with NOT shopping.

Shannon, good luck with your "thrilling" meeting today. :p

Kara, what kind of bike do you have? I am looking to get a stationary bike soon.

Tneah, forgot to say, love the dresses! Great stuff. Did you ever see my response to your post on the food weaknesses thread? I dittoed everything you said. Yummy stuff.

Robin, now your name plus the Monty Python references are reminding me of the "Brave Sir Robin" song from the Holy Grail movie:
Brave Sir Robin ran away - No!
Bravely ran away, away - I didn't!

I'm sure you're braver than Sir Robin, though.

Hello to busy busy Leanne!

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hi everyone!

Deb—I love that you put on the wrong shoes! Good workout though! I do have the P90X+ workouts. I love the abs one. The weight workouts are different than the original program though. It is impossible to go really heavy because Tony gives you a certain amount of time to perform the exercise and you are supposed to do as many reps as you can in that time. Sometimes it is 30 sec. or 1 min, etc. Most are compound movements. I don’t do them very often because they are REALLY hard…lol!

Tneah—I am trying to decrease my intake of soft drinks because of the phosphorus it contains. Too much phosphorus can eventually lead to calcium problems. I know what you mean about avoiding high calorie foods, etc. That is one of the reasons I loved my diet soda! Oh, I see you ordered the + workouts! The kickboxing is better than KenpoX, IMO. The Interval didn’t seem as hard as Plyo though. I love my Tony fixes! A chicken breast in the middle of the night??? You are amazing! I would have eaten an Oreo or something with absolutely NO nutritional value! Good job!

Jennifer—I got *most* of my errands done! Good luck with MM tonight!

Shannon—Still in your super-fun interesting meeting? I used to enjoy the grocery store until food prices began to rise. It is so frustrating! Good job doing Candace’s CC! That one is tough, so I avoid it at all costs, lol!

Robin—Castles and birds?? I am so confused! You seem to be enjoying posting pics though, lol! Have you bought Mr. Buffett’s new book?

Shelley—You are confusing me as well! But, hey, what about those iTrains and CCs??? You are far more patient than I am!

Lainie—Your wallet is very cute! Buy anything fun today? I have an Enduro-Cycle Enc-420 spin bike from Multisports. My DH bought it for me about 11/2 years ago for Christmas. I really like it! Well, I dread it, but like what it does for my legs and bootay!

Leanne—Congrats on the compliment! I am sure you look fabulous! Your posts are not self-absorbed and NOT a drag! I hope the grading is going well. Have fun at the play tonight! Take care of yourself!

Alright, I must search for something for DH and do some filing that has piled up. I also must continue to procrastinate on the painting! Have a good afternoon!

Kara
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.