>>>> MELTERS! Finally Friday! <<<<

Morning all~

Well, I'm doing nothing this morning. Was supposed to be doing CM3 but my back is absolutely killing me, so I've taken some Advil and hopefully it will loosen up during the day so I'll do CM3 this evening along with ASC2.

Yay for Friday!!!

Hi, I'm back,

It was gorgeous here yesterday! I hope the weather holds out for the weekend. Our dog club has an agility trial this weekend, I am working it on Saturday. I would like to get some yard work done this
weekend as well.

Jennifer:
Let us know what you spend that money on! Have fun at the High Calorie Pot Luck! I bet that dip is a favorite!

Shannon:
I am going to Memphis for training all week.x( . Glad you CC was able to get you through the eliptical workout.. my second least favorite, only to the stationery bike! I have 2 I-Climbs..one is a circuit workout, which I keep thinking I may do with the treadmill one of these days, because I like the weight work he does with it.

Tneah:
I am leaving Monday morning, getting back Friday evening. I think I will consider getting the 10 pound vest that CAthe has on in the clips. It does sound too light though, that you would get used to it pretty quick. Too bad it doesn;t come with little inserts to up the weight. Maybe put ankle weights over your shoulders with vest on..I wonder if they would stay on..hmmm... they do have velcro on them...
Yes, naybe you need to change it up a bit and just do cardio..give those beautiful muscles a break:D ..Tony Bennett would be a nice way to spend an evening with DH! Could turn out very romantic!

Lainie:
Maybe you should put out a Shopping DVD workout? LOL:7 ..I can see it now.. Lainie in Target pushing the cart around saying things like, "Keep it up..go faster, no stopping in this aisle"....Scary about the gang stuff..:eek:

Shelly:
The Kohl's is on Transit Rd. Have you ever gone to the Eastern Hills Mall? That is the road it is on.

Emily:
Bootcamp Cardio x2? are you serious? my poor old body cannot take that stuff any more! Cudos to you! Good to year you are feeling better,...despite AF's visit! good old Advil..;-)

Have a great day!

Deb :)

Hello Melters.

Our weather is improving for the weekend. There was an earthquake in my general area and I didn't feel it.

This weekend and my raise money will be spent on yard stuff and will be done sometime soon. Going to the garden shop tonight after work to get the stuff. Sat am workout and then to the grocery store.

For breakfast here, I had yogurt and granola but my next breakfast is a quiche deal. No dinner tonight so I might preview HCE #3. One of these days, I will try ASC2 again.

Hope you all have a Fun Friday!!

Hello, all you Melters!

Shelley - you know, that's just not fair. Stomach pain yesterday, back pain today! x( Take it easy and keep that Advil on hand.

Deb - I'm sorry about the training. Ick. It sounds yucky. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your weather holds out this weekend. Ours is supposed to be really pretty too.

Jennifer - have fun at the garden shop! I'll probably head that way myself next week.

Last night was Grocery Max. It wasn't very crowded, so I got out in record time. I had time for a nice stretch after dinner. I guess tonight I'll do PLB. And tomorrow morning I'm supposed to measure. :eek: Maybe I should do some sort of sweatfest cardio tonight instead. Think it will help? ;)

Morning again chicas!

Deb - I have no idea what the whole twinges thing is about! Isn't this weather grand? I hope to run outside tomorrow. I know where Eastern Hills is!!

Jen - yikes! An earthquake! That's scary! What kind of yard stuff are you getting? Plants, tools...?

Shannon - maybe I'm being punished for something:p I have to do grocerymax today and I'll be joining you in yardwork tomorrow.

Hooray for Friday!

I missed all you gals yesterday, and it sounds like it was a busy day around here! Oh, in case anyone needs enabling, Ann Taylor Loft and the regular AT stores are having a Friends and Family promotion with an extra 25% off your entire purchase. If you need some retail therapy, PM or email me and I'll email you the coupon.}(

Speaking of therapy, I decided that instead of taking a mental health day from work, I'm going to take today off from working at home instead. Of course, I want to do Clean Max today so I don't have to do it tomorrow (since we have that wedding and need to leave here in the late afternoon -- here comes the Hoochie Mama!), and I also have to run some errands (one of which might include a stop at Loft . . . .). I might even take a nap; I've been getting bad sleep lately, too.

Well, I had my weekly weigh-in this morning, and I'm down over a pound. The funny thing is that I'm just trying to maintain right now. How come I've been agonizing and groaning over losing each and every pound up until now, and then, when I stop counting calories and try not to obsess, the pound comes off so easily?! Is it Murphy's Law of Weight Loss or something?! Today is my last week of a six-week GS rotation, and I'm kicking it off with legs.

Deb -- We'll miss you next week! Did you ever make it back to Talbots to get anything else with your gift card? Glad you've had some gorgeous weather there. We've had a weird heat spell again this week -- it was almost 90 at work yesterday. I think I might get the 10-pound vest, too, since Tneah said that the 25 one was so heavy. Thanks for the advice about the BIL!

Shelley -- What a bummer about your run yesterday! But it would be so nice if you can get outside this weekend. Is Sophie doing better?

Robin -- It's so great to hear that your knee is still doing fine after being back on that 8-inch step. I dread Bootcamp, too; for some reason, I've never even liked those type of workouts at the gym either. All that up and down and picking stuff up . . . sheesh!

Jennifer -- Can you also get some fun things with the new raise, or does the yard stuff count as fun? I think that Amy B. posted the choreography for ASCII on her forum awhile back if you need it to help you with that workout. How scary about the earthquakes! Are all your friends and family alright?

Shannon -- Isn't it great when Grocery Max happens so quickly? How are things at work? Did that proposal get finished up or will it be a pretty long process?

Lainie -- How was your sleep last night? Have you been able to wear any of those new lovely shoes yet? And what did Brian say about them? Remember that you can blame us as your partners in shopping crime!}( What scary news about those gangs! Are they still in your area? Is the police cracking down on them?

Tneah -- I saw your post from yesterday about a gift for your MIL. She doesn't sound like a very nice person. Can you maybe just get her something small as a token gift so that you don't end up feeling bad? Maybe you wouldn't want to hurt your dad's feelings by snubbing her, so perhaps you could get her a gift, thinking of his feelings instead of hers. Someone suggested a restaurant gift card, and that could be a nice gift that they could both use. You definitely need to take some time off, chica! Just do some cardio or fun circuits to take a mental and physical break!

Emily -- Yes, isn't Target great?!:) I also love the original BC workout, but don't end up doing it that often since I've been trying to do more regular weights.

Good Morning All!:)

So happy its Friday, even though it felt like Friday yesterday for some reason...need to get my nails done for Tony Bennett tonight. Also, today I upped my thyroid dosage to three per day, talked to my doctor and he was very encouraging, says if I start feeling like I drank too much coffee today, to cut back to two again. I am starting to feel more energetic throughout my whole day, I usually am okay until noon, then my energy levels drop really bad for the rest of the day, since taking the meds, I have a steady stream of energy, very nice actually...But you guys, my arse and legs are so sore I have a hard time sitting on the toilet for heavens sake! I murdered them the other day, haven't been this sore after a leg workout in a very long time. Whats up with the back problem guys? I wake up every AM with lower back pain, always have, I really have a wonky back, ibuprofen 800's are my best friend, let me tell ya! You all take care, back issues are not fun at all.

Deb, We will miss you next week. I have never been to Memphis, is it pretty? Do you have time to sight see? I wonder if a 15 pound vest would be perfect for us? I'm telling you, once you get it on, it feels really heavy and strains your neck, so maybe that 10 pounder would be perfect. I know the site I bought mine on, offered a 20 pounder,15 and 10.

Jennifer, I heard about the quakes, glad you and your kitties are safe and sound, enjoy your potluck. It sounds like fun actually.

Shelley, okay, what is that ASC workout you all talk about? Is it something I need to consider here?:) I hate to miss out on all the fun!

Shannon, I have to grocery shop today--again. It is tough when everything you eat is pretty much fresh stuff, and I power through chicken breasts and fish like nobodys business!

Lainie, that gang crap scared me.:eek: I know you are so freaked about it, OMG. Please be careful when you go out and walk. Maybe you should get a Newfie like George, he scares the crap out of people, just his sheer size makes folks walk the other way when they see him.:7 But they are gentle giants and in the country where they are from are raised to help take care of the children...remember in Peter Pan, the nanny was a landseer Newf.

Robin, whats shakin' woman? How did Bootcamp go on that knee of yours?
Now I want to do that workout again, even though the hopping bugs me.

Emily, you did Bootcamp twice? :eek: WTH???Seriously? Which Bootcamp, and why did you do it 2 times you crazy girl you!

Leanne, oh you are gonna look soo hot tomorrow!And yes, of course your weight is all happy and stuff now! You are no longer worried about it, and so it just happens naturally now. Congrats to you, I love that you are seeing great results without having to obsess over the calories and stuff...thanks for the heads up about the Loft. I used to buy stuff there when I worked at the office, but now, even though I adore clothes (and shoes obviously) I basically live in cargo pants, gap t-shirts and my Vans.:p with the occasional Juicy sweatsuit thrown in for good measure. I do miss dressing up everyday though, wow, do I miss that, I have a closet full of dressy clothes that never get worn anymore....

One more workout this week and its my favorite bodypart-shoulders! This is the one place I am really proud of, I finally have those nice little "caps" that make your arms look good. So after this workout, I am seriously gonna wing it next week. So the Squeeze and Lotte Berk for resistance training three times if I feel like it, and the rest cardio...or nothing at all...BBl to chat at ya'll..

Love the stories behind everyone's screen names! But maybe we should call Tneah "Bo" (as in Bo Derek)instead!;-) I be you looked great in those braids!

Tneah -- I'm so glad that you're starting to feel better with the new meds and have more energy, but what's up with that dang back? Do you think you're overdoing with leg and back work? Maybe you should see your Dr. because back pain is always no good!:-(

Alright, back to some house cleaning!

Happy Friday afternoon!

Leanne - congrats on the 1 lb loss! And enjoy your mental health day:) Please take hoochie mama dress pics so we can see how hot you look! I love Ann Taylor Loft but we don't have them here *pouts* Sophie is doing fine. Thanks for asking:)

Tneah - OMG Tony Bennett! Sinatra and Tony were my dad's faves! I'm glad you've got more energy and that the meds seem to be working well for you. ASC2 is Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge 2. If you like step and complex choreo, it's a fabulous workout! Oh, and Emily didn't do Bootcamp twice. She did the cardio from 4DS Bootcamp twice!

It's gorgeous here and I don't want to be here. Cross your fingers that the boss leaves early, but I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen. Today is my brother's birthday. He would have been 57. Man, I sure miss that guy.:(

Oh, Shelley, sending you {{{HUGS}}}! Hopefully you can have some down time to remember your DB in spirit today! And hopefully the boss will leave early! Glad Sophie's feeling better, too! Can you all relax a bit this weekend?

I'm having a pretty busy day. Isaac came home by noon because this afternoon they have parent teacher conferences. I have to go in at 3 for ours. Brian is working from home today so that I can go do that.

This morning while the kids were in school, I went back to Target. It was pretty practical, though--had to pick up a prescription and get some refreshments for a church thing on Sunday. Of course, I also managed to grab a pair of shoes.... Cheap, though, ya know. It's these: http://www.target.com/Merona-Wera-S...ie=UTF8&node=13768511&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

I also managed to get a haircut. Picture:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/lainiefig/Photo190.jpg

So now I have a brief break before the parent teacher conference. I want to change clothes because it's over 80 degrees out there now. I'm having trouble with deciding what to wear at this time of year--it's still chilly in the mornings so I don't want to put on the short sleeves and skirts first thing in the morning. The other problem is I'm up a size from last summer. x( I've had to start monitoring my diet more closely.

Deb, hmm, a shopping DVD workout. Wouldn't that be fun? I'll have to think of a good name for it, like Shopercize or Mallaerobics or Boutiquathon (my favorite workout on a sunny day).

Jennifer, good luck if you try ASC2 again. It is tough to learn, but I think worth it. It's definitely my current favorite.

Shannon, I did the Grocery Max thing yesterday, too. Mine had the added challenge of a 2-year old in the cart, but we made it in decent time as well.

Shelley, hope you get out early! I guess your brother died? When did he die? {{{HUGS}}} I have a step-brother who died, but we were never close. I can't imagine having one of my real siblings gone.

Tneah, the weird thing is you would never walk through my town and feel scared (normally). Well, maybe if you are out on the town late at night on weekends, I've heard it can get wild with drunk people sometimes, but we're never out and about that late nowadays. It's really a very cute little town with boutiques and antique shops and the like--really cute and historical and right on the river. But it's also a very diverse town, economically and racially. That makes it kind of special for a suburban town, but it also makes for problems in some ways. I think it's kind of sad that even here in this part of the country the haves are more likely white and the have-nots are more likely not white. If that makes sense. Well, it's that way a lot in this town, I'm afraid. It's no wonder there's dissatisfaction and gang involvement. Anyway, usually it feels pretty safe here, and I definitely don't worry about walking where I usually walk, which is right through the cute little downtown.

Leanne, I already spend so much time at AT Loft. I am going to go exchange something again some time next week! I so love that place. Apparently, the gang thing was partly a rivalry with a nearby town. Some people are saying these are "wannabe" gangsters and are just sort of playing at it. They were playing pretty rough, though. I'm just glad they were not using guns. I would really worry about sending my kids in the backyard if there were bullets flying nearby. It's still a bit close to comfort to have brawling a couple blocks away.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Lainie - the hair is fabulous! I love it! Yes, my brother passed away almost 12 years ago. He had heart problems. Had his first heart attack at the age of 39, then two more while in Tokyo on business when he was 44. Came home after six weeks in the hospital in Tokyo, was off work for a while then went and had a quadruple by-pass. He was home 2 days and he collapsed and died. They said his heart wasn't strong enough to recover from the heart surgery. He was 45.

Hi, everyone -

I'm having a rather slow, quiet day at work, which is a nice thing to have on Friday. And just about 1.5 hrs left until I can head home. Yay! My goodness, I just looked outside, and the clouds are gone, the rain is gone, and it's rather lovely. Weekend, here I come!

Shelley - enjoy your grocerycizing. I hope you can find a few special minutes of quiet time to remember your brother.

Leanne - I'm glad you decided to take today off! Excellent! And congrats on that lost pound. Oh yes, that's the way it works, didn't you know? Those pounds cling with fierce determination if you want them to leave, but if you ignore them, they get bored and go away. ;) Work is okay, and the proposal is finished and gone. Hopefully we'll be able to get back to normal here now!

Tneah - I'm glad you're feeling better. Hey, what's your maintenance diet and exercise plan like? Did Mr. Trainer make quite a few changes?

Lanie - your hair is gorgeous! I love it! Enjoy that P/T conference. I'm sure Isaac's teacher will have lots of good things to say!

Afternoon, everyone!

Just got done doing GS Legs and CM3 and am enjoying my protein shake before I hop in the shower. I think that I may skip some of the shopping today and just head to the pharmacy.

Lainie -- You look gorgeous! Seriously!:) I love the longer layers, and they frame your face so nicely. What a perfect cut for summer, too! Glad that the gang thing hasn't been too scary!

Shelley -- Sending you some more {{{HUGS}}}! I'm so sorry to hear that your DB passed away so suddenly. Do heart problems run in your family? It's nice to know that you're doing all you can to keep your heart strong and healthy; I'm sure DB would appreciate that!

Shannon -- Hooray for the nice weather! Will you be off the computer this weekend? If so, hope you have a relaxing one!

Emily -- I keep meaning to ask you how you like the new Jump Snap toys. I think you had asked ages ago about the Jump Sport DVD's, and I forgot to respond. The beg. is really easy, but the intermed. one is pretty good. How do you like the workouts they come with?

Tneah -- You're such a sweetie with your comments on that other post! Seriously, though, I think that those skinny jeans aren't really my size; I think that they're just running large. :)

Hey kids,

Lainie! I adore the hair, your bangs frame your face perfectly!:) I am letting mine grow out and think I might chop them off again, I have a caveman forehead that begs to be covered up!;) Is that little Ewan in the pic with you? What a love bug. It is super scary the gang thing. Even when we lived in Salt Lake City they were starting to trickle into the city....sad, what do you do about it? Well, I guess thats another whole thread we could dedicate to those types of issues.But the area in which you live sounds charming!

Shelley, that really is so sad. I know you must miss your brother so much, do you get your heart checked on a regular basis? I hope so. Hope you can have a few moments to "talk" to him today. ((hugs))

Shannon, Mr.Trainer man just basically asked me if I was interested in competing in figure competitions (maybe in the future)and then said to maintain my results to simply follow the program minus the night cardio sessions. Which is what I am doing,,plus I added a cheat day on Sunday to keep it real!:)

Leanne, you will get a kick out of the new book I am starting. Its called "Confessions of a Sexpert". :7 Its about a British guy (I think he is British) who dedicates three years exploring sexuality in all of its forms. Certainly not Ayn Rand (as previously discussed in the OD) but should make for a juicy, interesting read! Oh, and I started painting again last night, the results weren't good, but it always takes me a minute to get into the groove. And no, the jeans are not running large.Its time to have your DH take some photos of you in your bikini so you can really "see" what you actually look like now!

Okay, off to buy stupid boring stuff like coffee beans, Equal and more protein, DH ate most of my fish last night....:*

Oh, Tneah, that book sounds really juicy!}( Let us know how you like it. What a fun read! Did you buy any treats for Sunday today or are you holding off on those to not have them in the house too soon? I don't think that I like the idea of bikini photos.:( Too scary. But maybe on Sunday I'll post some photos from the wedding if they turn out alright. Have fun at Tony Bennett tonight!:)

How's everyone else doing tonight? Hope you all have fun evenings planned!:)

OOPS. The book isn't called that, its called "Working Stiff", which is actually even funnier if you think about it!

I ran my errands and am relaxing for a minute before feeding Georgie and getting ready for tonight...my DH is strange, he would rather have me wear jeans and a tee...he hates it when I dress up, which totally distresses me because you all know how I feel about clothes. Nonetheless, I think I will don a hot pink jersey halter dress and some heels anyway!;) He calls is "costuming"...I know whatta weirdo.

I did not buy treats yet! How well you know me, if they were in the house I would surely give in to temptation tomorrow!:p Sunday will be here soon enough right? Okay kids, have a great evening and will talk at you tomorrow.

Oh, here is the dress I am wearing tonight--in pink.;) I think. You know how that goes, it might not look "right" tonight.

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/com...M-217877&page=1&cgname=OSCLODRSVIL&rfnbr=2667

Hi gang. Sorry to be checking in so late. I was in a foul mood this morning and everything I typed seemed utterly boring, self-centered and whiney. No one needed to read that. I feel more human this evening. Today was my rest day. I rented Juno and am just waiting for DD to finish giving the baby a bath to watch it.

Deb, have fun at the agility trails. I'd like to get some yard work done this weekend too, but Tristan is home for the weekend. We invited some friends over for steaks, so I have to bake and do housework.

Jennifer, that earthquake sounds scary. It would be exciting to experience though, as long as there was no damage and no one was harmed.

Shelley, has your back loosened up? I did yoga the other night and woke up with a terribly stiff lower back, but the shower helped loosen it up. Hugs about your brother. Was he married?

Leanne, ain't that pound just the way it goes? I didn't tell you how much I liked your dress. I couldn't wear it. No boobs. I think you're plan to take a mental health day from a home-work day was smart.

tneah, I love Tony Bennett. He still sounds pretty darn good too. Sounds like your thyroid meds are doing the trick. I could swear I saw a weighed vest that had pockets to add more weight. But heck if I know where I saw it.

Lainie, great haircut! How was the conference?

OK, we have a clean baby. I'm going to get a glass of wine and watch a movie. See you all tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.