<< Melters! TGIF! >>

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Just popping in to start us off so I don;t do a duplicate with Shelly! Will be back later!

Deb:)

Morning Melters!

I didn't get up early to work out today, because I have Drillmax on tap and wouldn't have time for that workout before work, so I'll do it this evening.

What's everyone got on tap for the weekend?

Hi, I'm back,

Today I was a super SLUG and did not do any workout:-( ..I don;t know what happened..I woke up at the regular time and just decided to stay in bed.. not normal for me. I hope I am in a better mind set by Sunday when I have 4DS Kickbox/legs on the schedule.

The tour of the FedEx ramp was pretty interesting. I sat in the cockpit in the pilots seat for a bit.. the plane is so huge, you need scaffolding steps to get into it!

Shelly asked what we have going on this weekend.. tonight DH and I are going to see "To Kill a Mockingbird". This is my all time favorite book and I can;t wait to see it done on stage. A co-worker has seen it and said it was awesome..Sunday we have a baptism for my great-nephew with a party following. That's about it for us.

Shannon:
Have you ever tried any supplements for your knee? I swear by this stuff: http://www.movefreeadvanced.com/..they even have a coupon program which I just discovered by looking this up for you! Yes I jab DH when he snores but he just rolls back a few minutes later!

Tneah:
How are you doing today? It should be better than yesterday, and you lucky dog being told not to excercise! I stumbled on the LauraMax post as well..she just kind of slipped back in..I'm glad she's back!

Lainie:
I did BFL about 6 years ago and it worked really well. I did the program as written, the excercises etc. Do you have the book?

Robin:
I was really kidding about the day care job...I could never do it either. I volunteered to teach 3rd graders as part of the Junior Achievement program and boy was I tired and had no voice after those classes! I don;t know how teachers can do that all day! How was your dinner? Cherry pie is one of my favorites:9

Hello to anyone I missed!

Have a "melting" wonderful day! ;-)

Deb

Good morning, everyone!

Well, the alarm is set to go off at 6:00, but I've been up since 5:00 this morning since I'm now getting used to this early schedule. A big rain storm pulled in this week, and it was nice to stay in bed for a bit listening to the rain, but now I'm up and at 'em!

Well, I weighed myself and lost just about a 1/2 pound, but my body fat seems to have gone up a drop. Ah, well. I've actually been trying to eat super clean this week, but I've also been eating A LOT. Today I'll be starting my second week of the Tank Top Arms rotation, so today is PS all upper body.

This weekend we'll just be relaxing. Tomorrow DH has D&D all day, so I'll do some fun stuff around the house. Anyone watching the Oscars on Sunday?

Shelley -- Are you feeling better still today? It sounds like you've had another rough week. Have fun with Drill Max tonight! Do you like it? It's one of my workouts, but I don't get a chance to do it that often since I've been trying to focus on the heavy weights.

Deb -- Don't worry about taking a day off! Your body probably needed that extra rest this morning! The Fed Ex ramp sounds like it was interesting! How great that Have fun at the play tonight! I just love TKAM, and I bet the play will be fantastic! The camis I bought are for wearing under regular clothes. I don't like to wear anything too low cut to work, so I wear a lot of camis under blouses. The ones Tneah suggested are great! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's son! What terrible, terrible news!

Robin -- How did your dinner last night go? Did the cherry pie turn out alright? That photo likes it was absolutely delicious! Can you send a slice my way??!

Tneah -- I couldn't check in yesterday, but was sending you all my positive vibes as you went to the dentist! How are you feeling today? You poor thing! Rest and take it easy -- and no working out!!! Thanks, too, for the review about those new products. If even Georgie ran from the PB, you know it can't be that good! On a different note, you mentioned that you use a scale to get your body fat. Do you use that and calipers or just the scale? I use both, but my scale reading is always so far off from my calipers reading! We have a Tanita scale, but maybe it's just not good enough. Is your scale accurate? What kind do you have?

Shannon -- Is your knee still bothering you today? Are you feeling a bit more chipper today?

TK -- How are you doing? How is work going? Are you still working long hours?

Lainie -- I can't believe that you're still having those awful dreams! There's obviously something in the back of your mind about responsibility that's working its way out. You need to tell that subconscious of yours that you ARE in control and on top of things! I hate it, though, when I go through spells just like that, where I have the same troubling dreams again and again.

Emily -- Saying "hi" in case you check in today!

Happy Friday, y'all!

You know, I'm wondering if all this calf pain is some sort of mild cramp. That's how it felt last night, when it hit out of the blue at the grocery store. I massaged it and stretched when I got home, and it really seemed to help. Maybe there's hope! I'm going to implement that stretching 8x a day again. Fortunately the knee is better. I'm going to try to work in some low impact step/floor work so that I don't have to be on the ellptical so often. Keep your fingers crossed.

Shelley - DM sounds so fun! I hope you enjoy it this evening. I'm going to do L&G tonight. I don't have much planned for the weekend, but then do I ever?

Deb - Being a slug is okay once in a while! It's called "taking a rest day." :7 I tried taking glucosamine for my knee once, but it didn't seem to help. I'll check out that Web site - thanks!

Lanie - when you start BFL and doing HIIT, could you use the blasts from LIC and LM? They're low impact, but pretty good blasts - especially if you do the blasts only premix from LM... but maybe they still make you use your knees too much, since there's a lot of deep bending. I don't know... just a thought.

Tneah - how are you feeling this morning? At least you get to eat!! I'm glad you're ready to enjoy some time off, too. What are you going to do with all that nice quiet time?

Robin - that pie photo you posted yesterday was truly beautiful. My mom can make pretty pies like that. I just eat them. :9

Leann - we were posting at the same time! Sometimes just lying in bed awake is the most luxurious thing, don't you think? I'm glad you got to enjoy listening to the rain. And yes, I'm feeling a bit more chipper today - thanks!

Hi everyone. Tons of snow this morning and it's still falling. DH decided to work from home today. Right now he's on a call in the attic and I'm keeping the boys entertained downstairs.

All I have planned that I really need to do today is to mail a couple DVDs I sold on Amazon, so I need to tromp through the snow later to the post office--luckily only a couple blocks away.

Yesterday I did BM2 upper body and abs. Then I did a premix from Amy Bento's ASCII (can't stop doing that one) on my MatStep. Wish I could really step!

Today I am supposed to do kickboxing--have to see how my knees take it.

Last night, I had some of my freaky dreams. Here's a synopsis of the wackiest in one sentence: Before the killer guy (dressed in blue) turns into a weird blue monster alien and spins off into space, I have him pinned down and say "Two days ago, my mother died. Yesterday the world ended and I gave birth. Do you think I don't know about real pain?" For some reason I end up talking like a poorly-written action hero in my dreams.

Shelley, hope you have an excellent day today. I think all your snow migrated to NY.

Deb, maybe you just really needed that lie-in this morning! I have the BFL book (from the library since I can't buy anything right now because of Lent). I figure if I keep it up I can buy my own copy after Easter. I have also been surfing the website a lot.

Leanne, well, my only responsibility, really, is to my kids, so maybe my dreams are telling me I feel I'm failing them in some way. I don't necessarily feel that when I'm awake, though. Last night's dreams didn't seem to be anything like the other ones, though.

Shannon, yeah, I was thinking about using LIC and LM for the HIIT. It's probably the best I can do until I get a bike (darn cheap DH). The good thing is that BFL doesn't make you do a very long cardio workout and you don't have to do it every day, so that may help the knees anyway.

Tneah, I never watch The View or any other daytime television, really, though I am perhaps the target audience (stay-at-home Mom and all). I'm always too busy attempting to be productive (or attempting to avoid productivity--but I avoid it in ways other than The View).

Robin, I've considered the gym with a daycare thing, but 1) still costs money which DH wouldn't like and 2) the closest option is the YMCA which doesn't have great times for the daycare (it's not all the time but just certain hours in the week). Shame on you for posting the pie pic, though it did look so lovely and yummy. *sigh*

OK, hello to all who follow. Must go make more coffee. It's imperative to my mental health.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Good Morning Melters!

I am feeling a little less "drugged" this morning. After surgery I was seeing double when DH came to pick me up! The meds kinda have the opposite effect on me, I get more hyper with them, instead of them knocking me out, so I was up off and on all night long...I think the ibuprofen 600's will do just fine at nighttime, at least I will sleep.I have a strange constitution I guess. Cannot tolerate the really strong pain stuff either, after my knee surgery I went off the pain drip and the stronger stuff right away...hate it. Yes, no exercise today, I am trying to figure out how much soup I have, I will be living off that and protein powder shakes for a few days. Ice cream also sounds divine, might have to go pick up some of that Light Edy's Slow Churned.

Shelley, have fun with DrillMax. I sometimes just do the cardio blasts which make up a great little 45 minute workout. I am not a fan of the blast where you use the stability ball though--for some reason, that one really "gets" me!

Deb, don't sweat it, you probably need a day off anyway! Enjoy what rest can do for your body.;)

Robin, did you serve your cherry pie hot with vanilla ice cream? yes, I am fantasizing over here...

Leanne, glad the cami's worked for you. Weather sounds icky in SD right now, glad we aren't there on the boat, rain isn't fun when you are staying on a boat, but otherwise, I find it very cozy too. I bought the Tanita scale that measures bodyfat, water, and a slew of other things. Its the metal/silver one, I got the little more expensive one, it allows you to plug in all your info, plus there is a button you can use if you consider yourself "athletic" which means your body mass will be different than someone who isn't active. I like it, it can vary from day to day, which is why you should not use it everyday, but once a week? Perfect. Calipers are a great way to test bodyfat, but you have to really understand how to grip the skin and really need to take readings from at least 7 sites to get an accurate reading. That is hard to do by yourself. Also, if you are really interested in an accurate reading, check out places in the area that offer state of the art bodyfat testing. They have a new thing where you lay in what appears to be a tanning bed, this method also tests bone mass.

Shannon, are you getting enough potatssium? Muscle cramps or charley horses can be caused by a lack of this, so can dehydration...look at me trying to be your doctor! Good luck with the low impact...I did the LIC cardio this week, I love this workout, I can actually do it without tripping all over myself like some of Cathe's other step workouts!

Hi to Lainie, Emily, and TK...BBL....think I might go back to bed and rest..:)

Hello all. Just a drive by posting today. Work is requiring some insane hours again so I'll try to catch up with personals over the weekend.

This morning was a Christi Taylor step tape (the name of it escapes me right now!). Also this morning DH was home and kept crossing my path. Once DH passes by, then the dog will follow him. They both got kicked today :( . I'm crossing my fingers that his jury duty will be done on Monday. It really messes up my morning routine!

TK, hey girl! I laughed when I read you kicked the dog and DH!:7 :7 Sorry, it probably isn't funny, but I did the same thing to poor Georgie the other day. He is usually good about staying out of my way when I work out, but the other day, he came in to see what was goin' on and whack! Poor baby. I was doing step too.

Hi, ladies!

Just got done doing all of Pure Strenth upper body. Yikes! What a killer workout! I feel like I can barely type! As soon as I finish my protein shake, it's off to the shower and to a little more work for this afternoon.

Lainie -- You poor thing! Just rest and take it easy today!

Tneah -- Glad to hear that you're feeling a little better today! Will you have to go back to the dentist for a follow-up appt.? And thanks so much, too, for the good info about the scale. We just have a regular Tanita, and I've been depressed by how high it says that my body fat is. I know that my calipers measurements aren't accurate, but they at least help me keep track of my progress.

TK -- Oh, poor DH and doggy! But that was very naughty of them to keep walking in front of you while you were trying to work out! Hope that today isn't too crazy at work!

Shannon -- Glad that you're in a more upbeat mood today! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that those calf stretches help with the ache!

Hi gang. I did PUB this morning and just finished some yoga. I'm feeling kind of blah right now. I'm not up to personals, but want you to know I read them all and smiled, frowned or growned when I should have. Maybe later....

Hey all! Sorry I didn't get back today. It was just one of *those* kinda days. I finished Drillmax this evening (man, that workout is LONG) and feel very worked out. I did all the upper body and my arm was fine. I didn't go very deep on the push-ups though. Don't wanna get too carried away too soon.

Shannon - I agree about the potassium.

Tneah - a diet of ice cream and protein shakes sounds all right to me!

Leanne - ALL the PS upper body work? Wow!

Lainie - did the headache go away?

Robin - sorry you're feeling blah. Maybe my blah-ness was catching.:-(

TK - sorry work is crazy. Come back when you can!

Okay, I'm off to relax now:) See y'all tomorrow!

Whatta "blah" day I had too. I hate pain meds, and tomorrow will not take them, I felt crappy today-out of my routine and I layed around and didn't even fall asleep.Stupid meds. My mouth is sore but not that bad.So I will see how it goes tomorrow AM with the exercise and everything. Maybe even try to eat chicken breast or something.

I think I ate too much pureed broccoli and spinach today.I nuked a bunch of frozen spinach and broccoli then mixed it up in the blender. My tummy is so bloated-too much fiber all at once, have you all ever done that? That and a few protein shakes (and a nice bowl of ice cream) are all I had to eat today....so its not like theres tons of food in my belly, just too much roughage--my poor DH...}( I get to pay him back tonight for all the snoring he did last night!:7

Shelley, Drillmax is long isn't it? Alot of Cathe's workouts are long, BodyMax2 comes to mind, one that I have never done, and probably never will all at once. I can work out twice a day for an hour at a time, but anything over an hour all at once is too much for me, I start getting angry.:)

Well, another exciting Friday night, DH is snoring on the sofa, I just took a hot bath and am thinking about crawling into bed to watch the foodnetwork or something equally as mindless...talk to you all tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.