<<<< MELTING on Tuesday >>>>>

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Not sure where everyone is, but wanted to say good morning. thunderstorms kept waking me up last night, so I didn't get up at 4:30 to run. I'll do it tonight. I'll bbl.

Good morning, Shelley, and all who follow,
Just dashing by to say hello before we go to VBS! DH & I were up at 5:00 to do L&G. I had planned GSL, but L&G is shorter and involves less equipment. We'll swim late this afternoon.

Lainie -- wish your kids were here to go to our VBS -- it's great! 1100 kids and the theme is "Indiana Joe & the Quest for the Cloak" --it's based on the story of Joseph.

Be back much later to chat!

A sleepy good morning to everyone!

I took a two-hour nap yesterday, which seemed like a good idea at the time, but then I couldn't fall asleep last night and ended up getting up at 4:30 this morning.:-( At least tonight I'll get to bed early!

Today I'll be doing Tracey S's Strike Zone for the second time, along with some abs from Core Max. After that, I'm going to head to Macy's to look for a dress for that wedding we have coming up. Macy's is having a two-day sale, so hopefully I'll find something good! I might do the grocery shopping this week at Trader Joe's, but I'll try to resist the unhealthy snacks when I'm there today!

Shelley -- Sending you {{{HUGS}}} today! Sorry that you didn't get your workout in this morning and that you got such crummy sleep! Are you feeling a bit better today? I was thinking of you all day yesterday and of what a lousy few weeks you've had. Will you be with Karen at the hospital tomorrow? Please know that we're sending all our love and hugs her way, and yours!

Kristi -- Good for you to get up so early to workout before VBS! I can't believe how many kids you have signed up! That's fabulous. Hope it's a cooler day today since you'll be outside again in those tents. How long will the girls be gone at camp for? How neat that they both do theatre at school. Yes, I need to join the year 2008 and get an iPod one of these days! ;-) How great, too, that you got all those new workouts so quickly. They'll be so much fun to try out!

Robin -- Are you back today? We've missed you!! Hope you had a great time on your trip! Do you have any photos to share? And did everything end up working out alright for DD to stay home with Grayer while you were gone? Hope so!

Deb -- How is little Keegan still doing? Has he been keeping you up at night at all? Hope not! Did you get up early to work out this morning?

Tneah -- Hey, chica! I don't run just b/c it sounds awful to me! ;-) When I was in junior high, I was one of those girls who took 10 minutes to run a mile, and ended up walking with a friend. I just don't enjoy it at all, and wish I did since I know it's so great for you. Yeah, I was trying to talk to DH again last night about getting an elliptical, but we'll see if it happens. No, that's not too personal at all to ask about us and our lack of kiddos! :) You know, I've been wondering the same thing about you since I know how much you love kids and how great you are with them. Basically, we always figured that we'd have kids, but I wanted to wait until I finished grad school and found a permanent/tenure-track position. By the time that happened, I felt like I had too little energy for kids and we were just too settled in our ways. Weird, huh? DH and I both love kids, but I also think that maybe part of the reason we decided not to have any of our own is also b/c we both teach. :) I'm SOOO glad that you found a good Dr. at PP. Have your new meds been making you feel better? Hope so!

Lainie -- Oh, poor Ewan! The poor little guy! Is he doing better this morning? I can't believe that Brian took the air cond. unit out like that. Those shoes are darling! You have the cutest shoe collection. Yeah, Target never wants to put watch batteries in.

Kara -- We missed you yesterday! Hope you're doing alright! :)

Jennifer -- Is today your second day off? Any special plans? Hope you enjoy it!

Shannon -- How is your calf doing? Did you end up working out when you got home last night? Will you be starting on a new painting soon? Is that something you picked up on your own or did you take some classes?

OK, it's just about 5:00, so I'm going to go fuel myself with some much-needed coffee and food! I'll BBL, and hope your mornings are all off to a great start! :)

Hello Kristi and Shelley, and other all Melters.

Last night was my first quiet night in 3 or 4, so I slept well for a change. It's cold and rainy here now but plan to visit Lake MI later if the road isn't closed or washed out.

Kristi-I did VBS one year and it's always interesting to see what churches are doing.

BBL. Tomorrow is work day and today is my last vacation day.

Hey everyone,

So here are the two protein pancake recipes that I've been making lately! The second recipe is the one I've been making more often lately, and they're delicious! They freeze well, and I'll toast them to defrost and top with some natural peanut or almond butter. Yum!

Recipe 1

1 cup oats (uncooked)
3/4 cup egg whites (I've been using the liquid kind, like All Whites)
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1-2 packets Splenda (optional; I don't use it)
1 scoop any flavor protein powder
Cinnamon to taste

Stir everything together and cook slowly over low heat as you would for regular pancakes.

Recipe 2
1 cup fat-free or soy milk
4 egg whites (I've been using the liquid kind, like All Whites)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 banana, sliced into thin pieces
1 cup oatmeal (uncooked)
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 TBS honey
4 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup nuts, such as almonds or walnuts

Stir everything together and cook slowly over low heat as you would for regular pancakes.

Good morning melters. I'm home and had a fantastic time. My sister and her DH are a treat to travel with and Yellowstone is just unbelievable. I have to do a bunch of errands today, and hopefully, a workout later. I peeked at the scale last night and didn't gain over the vacation, although we ate some great meals. Of course, that was after 15 hours of traveling without any more to eat than a bag of trail mix, and a couple diet Pepsi. I'll try to get some pictures up later.

Shelley, whats going on? I haven't had time to check any farther back then yesterdays thread.

Deb, I love the pictures of Keegan. How's he fitting in?

Kristi? Who's Kristi? Welcome and pleased to meet 'cha!

Leanne, how's summer going?

Hi to Shannon, Tneah, Lainie, Jennifer. Did I forget anyone? I have to run now. Time to restock the larder. I'll try to get back later. MWAH.

Hooray, Robin's back! We've missed you, and are glad that you had a fabulous time! Can't wait to see photos!! See, this proves the theory that if you have fun on vacation, you won't gain weight!;-)

I was just popping in to let you all know that I got an email confirming that I have an appointment for a body fat scan this Friday at noon! Yikes! Tneah and I will both be getting it done that day!

Good morning, Melters!!

OMG, my CC 8 CD arrived in the mail yesterday!!!!!!! I've never worked so hard, under so much resistance, on that elliptical, ever! It was out of this world. I want to write a full review to post on the CC website. I'll work on it and let you know.

It rained for over 3 hours last night. Boy did we need it. It started out as a thunderstorm, and I got caught in the beginning of it on my way back from the barn. Fortunately I was almost home! Then the rain leveled out into a good soaker and made my plants very happy. :7

Shelley - sorry you didn't sleep well last night. Our thunderstorms were much more considerate. ;)

Kristi - have fun at VBS... is that possible? :p I'll bet it'll be crazy with that many kids!

Leanne - have fun dress shopping. I hope you find something really lovely. My calf is not perfect, but it's letting me work out as long as I be careful. Yes, watercolor is all I do. I picked it up when I went back to school in an attempt to get an associate's degree in graphic design. The program was crappy so I dropped out, but I still had to pay back the loan! So I guess watercoloring is the most expensive hobby I've ever learned. ;)

Robin - yay, you're back!!! So, when are you going to post pictures of Yellowstone? :7 I get out my photo album every once in a while and just dream. I loved that place.

Okay, I'm back.

Kristi - enjoy VBS! Your theme sounds great and I can't BELIEVE you have so many kids!

Lainie - ooooh, poor Ewan and poor YOU! I think you should smack Brian with something for leaving you without A/C!!!

Leanne - I can't wait to get Strike Zone. Any day now, I hope. Those pancakes look awesome, especially the second ones! I'm going to give them a try. Good luck with your scan on Friday!

Robin - yay! You're home! I'm glad your trip ws so great. I'll PM you later about stuff.... and I got your card:)

Shannon - glad you enjoyed Sean ;) If I recall correctly, you have the ability to sleep through huge thunderstorms:p

Good Morining ( or what's left of it!),

Sorry about not starting us out today ( Thanks Shelly!)...but being off of work, and having Keegan under foot has my schedule all messed up! I didn;t remember how much work a puppy really is! I am forgetting to do normal things like feed the bird!

Shelly:
I hope your day goes better than the start of it:-( ..The thunder storms woke us as well, and of course I had to take Keegan outside because once he is awake, the first thing he does is pees! It was awful out there, pelting rain, lightning and thunder..we were both soaked, and of course he didnt't do anything! How is your sister doing?

Kristi:
How nice that our DH will do Cathe workouts with you!:) .

Leanne:
Aren't naps wonderful? :7 I bet you needed the rest, but too bad it messed up your night's sleep. Sending you good luck shopping vibes for that dress! I wish we had a Trader Joe's here. I love those stores! The only ones I have been in were in DC and Saratoga CA. Keegan has changed everything around here! I spend most of my time taking things out of his mouth! He tries to eat everything he can...DH and I didn't remember this with Kelsey & Clancy then we remembered why..they were winter puppies! There was snow in the yard, and nothing else for them to eat... now we have stones, and wood chips and everything else that falls on the grass...I really now hate those maple whirly things that fall from the trees! How many pancakes do the recipes make..say if you make 4 inch ones?

Jennifer:
Glad to hear you slept well last night...too bad your vacation was not longer.

Robin:
Welcome bAck! WE missed you! It sounds like you had a great time, and well deserving I might add!:7 Not gaining weight must make it even better! Yes..please post pics!

Shannon:
Glad you liked the CC! Does your eliptical have an incline? I'm like Tneah, bought mine on an impulse buy, didn't want to go too expensive, so I don;t enjoy it that much. Does your calf bother you when you do the eliptical?

I guess today is the day I will go into work for a couple of hours to get that performance review stuff done and turned in by tomorrow.x( ..After that I have the rest of the week to run after a crazy puppy!

Deb:)

Popping in real quick to welcome Robin back (we missed you) and tell everyone hello!:)
I have to go to the state building and get some tax thing done for our boat early...before the lines start hopefully, will be back later gators..

Good morning everyone. Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Just dealing with some crap. This week is super busy chaffeuring Emma around to activities and trying to prepare the kitchen for flooring. I will try to visit though! :)

I want to welcome Deb back and tell her that Keegan is a doll!!! Holy crap that puppy is cute! :D

Lainie--I will whap your DH if you whap mine. }(

Shelley--Still sending (((HUGS))) your way. :)

Jennifer--Enjoying the time off?

Robin--Welcome back! We missed you.

Shannon--So I need CC8, huh? }(

Leanne--Thanks for posting the recipes! Good luck finding a dress! :)

Tneah--How are ya? Is DH back? Hope the lines aren't long!

Well, I let Grace kick my behind this morning. It was a really good stress reliever. My ankle is a bit tweaky from it, but not too bad. Now, off to clean. yea. :p

Have a good morning!

Kara :)

Shelley - actually, no I don't! There were a couple of mitigating factors that night. :p

Deb - sorry you have to go into work today. :-( It sounds like you're head over heels in love with that puppy!!! My elliptical doesn't have an incline - I didn't want to spend a lot either. But I still like it, and it gives me a darned good workout. I think the pedals are a little to far apart, maybe designed for a man's larger frame or something. But other than that, it's great! Most of the time it doesn't bother my calf. Sometimes my calf will tighten up, but it's mostly jumping and twisting that bothers it.

Tneah - I hope the lines aren't too long! Come back!!! :7

Kara - yes, definitely. Get CC 8. Get it now. :7

Ugh. What a day. It's so hot here. DH still wouldn't leave the a/c in the window, so this morning I put it there myself. There's just no way I wanted to go another day in this heat without something. It's not helping the whole house (not big enough to do that) but it's helping downstairs some. It's 100 degrees outside and only 85 in here. Better than nothing.

I slept horribly last night in the heat so I'm pretty pooped today.

Isaac had only a half day of school again today, and while he was there I went back to the dermatologist and then to the grocery store. The dermatologist went back to only 20 seconds this time, so hopefully no burn.

It's too darn hot to exercise (there are some who would exercise no matter the weather, but I am not one of them) but at least I'm not eating much either. In fact, if I were exercising hard right now I'd be having a hard time eating enough since I'm still on liquids. I'm still getting used to the braces. At least I'm not on painkillers anymore, though I'm thinking about having some ibuprofen now.

Kristi, I'm a bit sad that my little church doesn't do a VBS, but on the other hand I'm kind of glad I don't have one to volunteer for, either. I really feel like I've served my time. I did "summer missions" for two summers through the Baptist Student Union in college, so I got plenty of VBS experience. I think I'll keep my eyes opened for news of any programs at the good churches around town (there aren't as many churches here as we had in TX, though).

Leanne, thanks for the recipes--can I put those on my recipe lists on the blog? I have made a protein pancake recipe very similar to the first one you listed, but without added protein powder and with vanilla added as well. That second looks pretty yummy, though. So far so good with Ewan--no more poop horrors...yet. Also not too much screaming except for some impatience at the grocery store. I went back to a store that recently had some renovations and now it's huge. My favorite store is one that is smaller (more like what I was used to in Europe) and now this other one is even bigger than before, so I think I will still avoid it. Anyway, it was a bit much for Ewan as well.

Jennifer, enjoy your last day of vacation!

Robin, so glad to have you back. It sounds like you had a really great trip.

Shannon, glad you got a good workout with CC 8. How is your calf doing?

Shelley, haven't smacked Brian yet, but I did ignore his concerns and stick that darn thing back in the window myself. How are you doing today?

Deb, don't hurry back to work too soon. ;) How's the adorable Keegan doing today?

Tneah, hope you get that errand done efficiently. You're probably posting right now as I ramble on.

Kara, you sound even busier than I am this week. Hope you get lots done!

OK, gotta go put Ewan down for a nap and drink some lunch. Joy.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

Hey all,

Just got back from running errands. For Kara and anyone else looking for new workout duds, I just bought a bunch of Adidas stuff at Macy's for super cheap! Everything that was already on sale was 60% off the original price. I bought three pairs of pants and four tops/tanks for just about $118, inc. tax. And it's really nice stuff, too! I may take back one set of clothes since I really don't need quite so many outfits, but thought the rest would be fun to put away for the RT in August! I didn't have any luck finding a dress for that wedding, though. :-( I may look at Ann Taylor on-line on Thursday since I have that 30% coupon.

Lainie -- You poor thing with that silly DH of yours and the air conditioner! Good for you to get it up in place yourself. Is that heat wave supposed to last long? Are you thinking about maybe joining a gym this summer so you can work out in a cooler space? Yes, definitely post those recipes on your blog, but just don't credit me as the creator since I found them both somewhere. ;-) Glad Ewan is feeling better this afternoon, poor little guy!

Kara -- Sorry that it's been such a crazy week for you! Do you have a Macy's near you to check out those sale items? Is your ankle feeling OK? I may switch around my rotation for this week so that I can try the Extreme KB workout tomorrow. I'm ready to have it brought on -- even though I don't think that I'll be able to make it through that whole workout!}(

Shannon -- Is today going better at work than yesterday? Hope so! At least you enjoy doing watercolor painting, even if it was so dang expensive to learn! ;-) Sounds like CC 8 kicked your butt in a good way!

Shelley -- Yes, the pancakes are yummy (esp. the second recipe!) and healthy, and are esp. good with some PB on top! Yum!

Deb -- Wish you had Trader Joe's near you, too! They have so many good things. Do you have any comparable stores near you? Hope that you don't have to stay at work long today so you can get home and play with that new puppy of yours. How funny that Keegan, as a summer puppy, is interested in so many things outdoors. I make the pancakes about four inches, and the first recipe makes maybe 7-8 pancakes, whereas the second recipe makes maybe 10-12. :)

Robin -- Post some photos when you get a chance! Hope your errands aren't too dreadful today!

Tneah -- I was sending No-Long-Line vibes your way this morning. Did you get the tax thing done alright? What are you up to for the rest of the day? Anything fun planned? Have you done your workout yet? What's on the agenda for today?:)

Kristi -- How was camp today? Will you be able to sneak a nap in? :)

Hi all. I'm back. I ended up doing Body Max 2 today. Guess I wanted to prove my vacation without workouts didn't do any damage. It was hard, but I dragged through it. We didn't hike as much as I'd hoped on vacation, because there was lots of snow on some of our planned trails. Also, the elevation was bothering me.

Shelley, I'm looking for your PM. From what I've gathered, you've had a rotten couple of days. I hope you don't have to miss the RT. What's up with Karen. That's your sister, right? Prayers are being said.

Kristi, I can't imagine a VBS with that many kids. We usually get about 30-40 at our little church. We are doing Power Lab this year, which is kind of cool, since I work in a hospital lab.

Leanne, I'll try to get some pictures posted later. I need my DD to help me get them from my camera to the computer. Yeah, I'm such a computer dolt. I stick the little card thingie in the scanner, then I can't find the pictures on the computer again. Duh. DD did well while we were away. She may have found a baby sitter. Keep your fingers crossed.

Jennifer, I didn't know you were on vacation the same time as me. What did you do?

Shannon, isn't Yellowstone magical? I can't believe all it has - scenery, geyers, wildlife. Almost all from your car window too. My favorite part was the Lamar Valley, where we saw wolves and so many grizzlies, we almost lost count.

Deb, hmmmm, taking puppies out in the rain. Now I remember one of the reasons we don't have a dog. The pictures are adorable.

Hi Kara. Dang, I knew I'd miss someone when I said hi earlier today. Have fun with driver duty. What kind of flooring are you getting?

Lainie, this heat is crazy. In Yellowstone, we had 40's and 50's and snow! Luckily, my DD's boyfriend's parents gave her an airconditioner that she put in the familyroom window. I'd never been able to workout today without it.

Tneah, what's happening. Got all your teeth? Your body fat test is tomorrow?

So tomorrow I head back to work, with my little baggie of huckleberry taffy for the crew. I hope they don't get sick of hearing about my vacation. Too bad if they do!

Hey all...

Well I got lost for about 30 minutes, I mapquest everything..I have no sense of direction at all. And the one I printed out was to the vaccuum cleaner place, so I got there and was like "Huh?":p Dumb arse.:7 Finally found the place, did not have to wait too long, then had to traipse to another place for the actual tags, all of this for a stupid dinghy that we are never gonna use anyway.x( Ah well.

Shannon, I really enjoyed reading your review of cardio coach..you totally right on about your legs feeling like jelly, mine did too, I found it quite strange.:)

Lainie, just think about all the weight you are losing on your "liquid" diet right? Maybe that will help take away some of the discomfort and the heat.;) But still, ((hugs))to you chica, you have been through the wringer and back with teeth, the heat, poopy pants, obnoxiously large grocery stores...I hate it when favorite stores upgrade or whatever, I can never find anything and wind up wandering aimlessly down the aisles.:p

Shelley, whats shakin' today princess? Just felt like calling you princess.:7

Robin, I cannot wait to see photo's either, and of course you did not gain an one pound, vacations keep us busy even though we skip our usual workouts...so glad you had a fun time.

Deb, hey mama! How's little Keegan the terror doing today? Georgie had to have his heartworm test done today, he did his own terrorizing at the vets! He bum rushes into other dogs and surprises them with his formidable bulk, its actually kinda funny, well sometimes, the owners of the foo-foo dogs get quite upset. George would not harm a fly...and he adores little dogs.

Jennifer, hope you are having a wonderful day!

Leanne, yep, you and I and the dreaded Dex scan this Friday :eek: I am curious to see what my bodyfat is when I am doing what I normally do exercise/diet wise. Well, I think I am curious...I might need a valium before going, or rather afterwards!:p

Kara, you are always busy woman!

Hi to Kristi...I tried to go back and read today's posts but almost lost this one...I have done that on several occasions, and today is "one of those kind of days"...

The rest of the week is filled with hair appointment, woman doctor appointments (gross, that one's tomorrow, think I would rather go to the dentist, which I am doing today actually).

DH goes back to SLC tomorrow afternoon until Friday.;( Its all the excitement over the new skincare we are doing.

Oh, I think Kristi asked? We have a beauty/supplement company based in SLC. We do Strivectin, Hylexin, Relacore, Akavar, etc....lots of stuff.

Okay kids, off again...Ok, I was posting when you all were too! Uh, did someone say huckleberry taffy???:9 :9 Just what I need, eat a piece of that and rip out all of my rickety teeth.:7

I had to miss this AM workout, so will probably just do an itread later and along with abs and shoulders...I love working my shoulders...

Hey all,

Robin -- Wow! BM2 on your first day back! You crazy thing you! Way to go! I'm a total computer dolt, too! That taffy sounds heavenly! I love taffy and anything sweet and sticky. Glad that DD is getting the childcare worked out for Grayer. I think you should definitely talk lots about your vacation at work!

Tneah -- Glad you got all those awful errands taken care of. I'm terrible with directions, too! Maybe I should join you with taking a valium on Friday! ;-) I'm trying not to think about it so I don't stress myself out too much. Sounds like you have loads of icky appointments the rest of the week. :-( You'll need to treat yourself to some fun time while DH is gone.

OK, just b/c I love the picture posting thing so much, I'm posting some photos of two of the tanks I bought. The lavender one is actually cream as its base color, with lavender accents. I couldn't find photos of the matching pants. :-(

http://adus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pADIDAS1-4078212_pattern_w345a.jpg

http://adus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pADIDAS1-4077969w345a.jpg

And what do you all think of maybe this dress for that July wedding? (For some reason, the image pasting isn't working, so I'm just sending the link.)

http://www.anntaylor.com/catalog/pr...ummer Teal&defaultSizeTypeFromCategory=Misses

Hi, all,

We're home from VBS, lunch, and the grocery store. I don't know if it's the heat, the energy required to be around a LOT of little kids, or what, but my discipline about eating right is no where to be found today! Y'all have been chatty today -- I'll try to catch up!

Leanne -- I'm sorry your nap messed up your sleep; I crashed despite my two hour nap yesterday. :) No nap today, though -- too much to do. I'm sorry you didn't find a dress, but good score on the workout stuff. You'll definitely enjoy them for RT. My girls will be at church camp in Colo. for a week. Of course, two days will be the bus trip up and back. I guess that isn't so awful for high school kids. :) Thanks for the recipes!! I use those liquid egg whites, too. I hate waste, and it feels like waste if I just throw away egg yolks.

Lainie -- you definitely have my sympathy with your little guy last night -- glad it hasn't persisted today. I can't believe the heat you are having to deal with; I'm glad you got the a/c back in the window. I hope you get some weather relief soon! Those shoes you got are super cute! I guess I'll decide I've served my time in VBS when the girls can either drive themselves (OMG - YIKES!!!) or they don't want to do it anymore. This is only my 6th year (the 1st at this particular church) b/c I worked full time before that.

Robin -- Hi! Welcome back! I guess I barged in after you left on vacation. Hope that's okay! Everyone is super nice and made me feel right at home. My first post was on June 3, if you want any info. about me. My MIL is at Yosemite right now with a group of other older ladies. A small VBS like yours sounds fun -- all the kids can really get to know each other -- over 1100 is a little out of control! Huckleberry taffy sounds yummy!

Shannon -- You are definitely going to sell me on CC; I just need to get my elliptical fixed first. I hope the new motor comes in soon. Glad you got some good rain. Is the weather pleasant today (not hot and steamy)? Fun at VBS is definitely a relative concept; I'm really not a big fan of other people's kids. :) My DDs are working with 3 & 4 year olds; that would NOT be fun to me.

Shelley -- Sorry about your bad night's sleep. I hope you get in a great run at some point today. I just think there's nothing like a good run to clear my head; I do my absolute best thinking/processing/etc. while running.

Deb -- Keegan sounds like a handful -- in a good way. ;-)

Tneah -- Sorry about your "adventure" today for the "dinghy." I hope all your appts. go well. I hope the hair appt. is fun at least b/c the others don't sound like they will be -- but oh so necessary. Your business explains why you are so knowledgeable about that kind of stuff.

Jennifer -- another great vacation day, I hope!!!

Kara -- Hope your day is productive; I totally understand that chauffeuring concept -- what a pain sometimes!

Leanne -- I think we were posting at the same time.:) Cute workout tops! And I love that dress! It seems perfect. Are you going to get it?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.