* * Keep on Melting! Tuesday * * *

fox2star

Cathlete
Good morning,

I did a new I-Tread this morning.. a 45 minute, burned 322 calories.

Does anyone have those "perfect push-up" things? they look interesting and I was thinking of ordering them to see if they would help.

Robin:
My ceilings in the basement are only 7 feet high too and I used the bar from the Troy Lite set..it was those helicopters that did it! It sounds like you had busy day at work!

Shannon:
Glad to hear your calf is getting better.:)

Michele:
I will keep your sister in my prayers.

Stephanie:
Glad you enjoyed your birthday and you are supposed to have at least chocolate on your birthday aren't you? I think it's a rule! ;-)

Leanne:
Your question about the handles got me to thinking maybe they would help. Going back to work after all that time off must be hard..x( Your beading is beautiful..it must take a lot of patience to do that.

Lainie:
It is go great that you are updating the compendium!

Tneah:
We have a regular stationary bike.. I don't even know where it is:7 What did I miss on the OD forum? Spill!

TK:
OMG! leg warmers built into the shoes! I would love to see a pic of that.. the snow shovel? too funny..:)

Shelley:
PMS and a cold? YUK!x( I heard Toronto got a lot of snow yesterday?
Keep warm.

Judy:
9 miles ! I am in awe!

Have a great day and "..Keep on Melting!

Deb
;-)

Hi Friends-

Shelly- I am sorry about bringing up a sad subject. I still love ya!

Robin- How are the bike workouts going?

Leanne- You have got to have great eye site and patience!

tneah- I missed the OD drama too. (TG)

Deb- Which iTread did you do today? I still ahve2 credits for this month.

Michelle- Thank you for letting us know that DSis had a better day. :) Did you ever get some dinner?

Oh, guess what? I weighed in and am down 2.5 pounds. Now I don't really weigh in that often and I waited until after TTOM, but it was a positive result after a few disappointing weigh ins last month.

Today was spin class. he left out the push ups today and gave us a much needed stretch. Spinning really loosened up my hamstrings nicely after yesterday's run.
[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning Melters!

My Imax 3/elliptical combo worked well, and I was really able to push it on the elliptical during the blasts. Stepping was super fun! But of course she moves a lot faster than on LM, so I made sure I stayed closer into the step so I wouldn't strain anything.

Will I ever melt? I seriously have my doubts. But I guess I'll keep watching the fat intake anyhow.

Deb - I don't have the Perfect Pushup things. I've tried other pushup handles and didn't like them. Know what works for me? Believe it or not, using 10-lb dbs. They're not super-comfortable on the hands, but they keep my wrists in the right position!

Judy - Congratulations on the 2.5 lb loss! What a pleasant surprise. :) Keep up the good work.

Now I'm off to see what else happened yesterday.

Morning Melters~

Deb - we didn't get snow yesterday... well, we got a very light dusting, but nothing special.

Judy - oh, that's okay. It's just frustrating when someone suddenly stops communicating with you and you have no earthly idea why. Congrats on the 2.5 lbs!

Shannon - glad to see the step worked out well.

Well, I'm more sick today than I was yesterday. I slept on the couch because I couldn't breathe, and this morning I have blocked up, painful ears and a cough, so I'm at home. I'll have to see about a workout.

Hi Delicate Melting Snowflake Fairies (or something).

I'm a little sleepy this morning. The kids were wakeful in the night and of course I'm usually the one to go check on them. I also stayed up a bit too late working on the Compendium, but at least I finished (check my blog if you want it). I still have some congestion in the back of my throat, but don't feel too bad.

Today I am going to attempt Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Xtreme. Last time I tried it I gave up because I got so lost, but I'll try again. I seem to have a lot of trouble with hi-lo choreography, even though I can conquer complex step choreography. Maybe it's easier with the step because I can always tell where I'm supposed to be in relation to the step itself.

I have to pick up a prescription at Target but it's not ready until after 11 so I am just waiting a bit before going out. (I really love Target's pharmacy by the way.)

Deb, I was actually thinking of looking at the perfect push=ups when I go to Target today--I'll let you know if I get them. I don't do HIS until Saturday so that's when I'll use them if I get them.

Judy, congrats on the weight loss. Someone needs to give me a kick so I can get back to losing again.

Shannon, doesn't it feel great to do fun cardio again?

Shelley, sorry to hear you're feeling nasty--I hope I didn't send it to you through the internet. Maybe I should Lysol this package before I send it today.

Hello to everyone who follows. BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

I just wanted to pop back in to say WOW, Leanne!!! Your beading is absolutely GORGEOUS! What patience you must have!

Hi guys. Well, I already messed up today. I ate a blueberry pancake, which I was forced to make for my 3 year old. Ugh. I snuck some wheat germ in them though, but I know that still was naughty. Will make that my only treat for the day. Yesterday was pretty good. Ballet was a killer.
Deb: I've heard the perfect pushups are good, but I'm sticking to the old fashioned kind.
Judy: Congrats on the weightloss!! I have been to scared to weigh myself the past two days (which is really odd. I usually weigh daily).
Shannon: Congrats on the good workout. You're doing great. I'm sure you are melting and building lots of muscle.
Shelley: Sorry you are sick. Take care and rest. I hope you feel better soon!
Lainie: Glad you're feeling better. And yes, I love ALL THINGS TARGET.
Hello to all who follow!!

Hi everyone,

Thanks, all, for the nice comments about my beading. Some of the photos came out sort of wonky and fuzzy, but it was fun playing around with the camera.

Today I'm doing 4DS Bootcamp, which is growing on me. For some reason, I hate workouts where you have to constantly move equipment around. (It's probably b/c I'm super lazy.) Of course, lovely Cathe makes it fun.

Yesterday I made a huge effort to eat clean, and I'll do so again today. Hope you all have a nice Tuesday!

Deb -- I'm thinking about getting the push-up things, too. I might run by a sporting goods store today to see if they have them.

Shelley -- Thanks for the kinds words about my beading. It's fun, but sometimes I feel like my eyeballs are about to pop out! Sorry that you're so sick today! Definitely don't work out if you're feeling so sick!

Lainie -- If you find the Perfect Push-ups at Target, will you let us know? I'm thinking about getting a pair, too! Good luck with Hi/Lo. I bought that DVD used on Ebay awhile back, but it just doesn't click with me. Do you have the URL of the CIA website? Can we wait and pre-order both of her new DVD's on Amy's website on Friday? I bet you looked great in your new outfit yesterday! That's awesome that you finished the Compendium! It would be fun to visit you and go to that beading store!

Shannon -- Don't stress too much about the lack of melting! Just think how great it is that you're doing cardio again without it bothering your calves!

TK -- Have you started on those legwarmer-shoes yet? LOL!

Michele --I'm glad that your sister is alright, and hopefully things will improve with her work situation. Will you be sure to keep us all posted?

Judy -- Congrats on the melting!! That is fantastic!! I tried out your broccoli slaw recipe last night, and it was delicious! Thanks for the suggestion!

Tneah -- Yeah, the mood on the OD forum yesterday was odd, wasn't it?! Did you do your IMax workout? Which one was it? And is today spinning for you? How is the DH feeling? Is he still sick? Will you be able to re-schedule your special plans? By the way, your new avatar looks great again! You are smokin'!

Robin -- Did you make that mushroom pasta dish from Clean Eating yet? I'm going to try it out tonight! How are you feeling this morning? Like Tneah said, you really should post photos of your baked goods! I actually love looking at photos of food in cookbooks and magazine, and we'd all love to see your culinary work!

Stephanie -- Hope that your melting is back on track after the b-day festivities!

Good Morning Melters:) *wipes down keyboard with much Lysol before continuing*

Deb, believe me, be glad you missed the drama. Apparently someone was "offended" by a quote and then it got all misunderstood and messed up with poor little Allison and Carolyn getting slammed which made me mad cause they are 'good eggs". Anyway...suffice to say, there are a few on these boards that can be just downright nasty-I hate that.There is a way to "speak" without being a bee-otch.:) Oh cool, I got a chance to use that word again.:7 Way to go with your itread, keep meaning to do one myself, maybe tomorrow when I do the bike.

Shelley, you better not workout. Its sounding like the start of a sinus infection-but what do I know? But you sound miserable, please rest, drink fluids and eat chicken noodle soup.:p I know my DH feels better today, but had a fever and was congested for 3 days, nip this in the bud with rest please.

Lainie, have fun with Amy! And thanks for spending the time doing the update, I know what it is now!:7 Thanks for the lysol! heehee

Judy, way to go meltee! Thats alot to lose. You and Shelley are the cardio queens around here, running all those miles and taking spin classes! I need to get back into a spin class, that or buy some spin workouts that I actually enjoy.

Shannon, sounds like you are getting better and better!

Robin, I was serious about your baking, please post pics so I can drool all over my keyboard:9

Leanne, hope you read yesterdays post, I think your beadwork is beautiful and could never do that!

Hello to TK, Michele, Stephanie and all that follow. Today is HSA which I am hoping I like better than HSC.

I enlisted the help of a trainer you guys, yes, I realized in order to get past this "slump" I need a little motivation and dietary guidance. Monica Brant listed someone in her book that fitness competitors use and I contacted him yesterday. He offers a 12-week program (not cheap, but its my birthday, valentines day and christmas present this year!)If I have to answer to someone every week (along with photos) I will actually do it. Well shall see. You have to fill out a bunch of questions about your health, dietary habits and workouts, along with two bathing suit shots so he can assess your bodyfat and where you are at right now. Then you have two phone conferences a month, along with a Friday email check-in. Wish me luck, I start on the 18th, will be happy to share any wisdom he throws my way. BTW, his web site is http://bodybyo.com/index.asp

My resolution was to really take it to the next level this year, I have a new hip and am ready to make the commitment- I love challenges so this is gonna work.;) BBL....I am not looking forward to posing in a bathing suit today....:eek: Leanne, we always post at the exact same time! And yeah, I am hoping we can get away for our "special" time...we just don't do that enough ya know?

I'm about to go run and do Bootcamp, but wanted to pop in to let Tneah know how awesome that sounds!! How great to have a personal coach to really motivate you! Of course, you already look FANTASTIC, girl!!! You'll have to keep us posted on how this goes.

Good morning melters. This morning was 4DS LIS. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm kinda 'meh' on the LIS cardio. Just can't seem to find the love. The warmup starts fun with the calypso style music but then I'm disappointed after that. I think next week I'll sub another cardio in it's place.

Deb: When I was in the sporting goods store the other day, they had a price on the perfect pushup in the range of $60. That seemed high to me so I think I'll shop around before committing. My right shoulder and both my wrists are aggravated by pushups occasionally. The perfect pushup seems to be a good solution, though.

Judy: WTG with the 2.5 #. That's great! Thanks for the info on spin class. One day I will try it.

Shelley: Sending get well (((vibes))) your way. Hope you feel better.

Lainie: I can't believe you got the compendium done already. When I get home tonight I'll download it. Thanks so much for doing all that work. Also, when you get back from Target, let me know how much they are charging for perfect pushup.

Leanne: Wow, those beading projects are so intricate and beautiful. Do you use a magnifying glass to do that or do you just have really good eyes? With my eyes, I think I'd have more beads on the floor than on the project. As for the time spent doing it, I always say 'it's the process, not the product'. I find it relaxing and fun to spend time creating something so I really don't care how long it takes. I'm sure you feel the same way.

Stephanie: One pancake shouldn't ruin your whole day. Don't stress about it!

Tneah: How cool would that be to have a trainer? I'm sure we'll be seeing that swimsuit photo soon. You are obviously very driven!

Hello to all who follow. I'll BBL.

Oh sick, you most definitely will not see that swimsuit photo anytime soon.x( Its so embarassing really to have someone totally critique your body like that, but at the same it will motivate me.

Oh and that is sooo funny, I just did LIS cardio this AM, because it s the only step I "get!":D

Tneah, tho I can't imagine your 'before' photo being bad at all, I meant that you'd be showing off your 'after' photo in no time. Having someone to be accountable to is big motivation. It was the same way with me at Weight Watchers. Facing that scale every week for the weighing-in person kept me on track! It was like I didn't want to disappoint her or something. LOL

Thanks TK, I know what you meant, you are so sweet.:) I just sent him my pictures, and am ready for what he tells me I need to do. I just hope you all don't think I am off my rocker, or self-absorbed, I just felt like I really needed some external help and someone to hold me accountable. I know, it will help having a "set plan", and its only twelve weeks, what do I have to lose except some bodyfat right?;)

Hey, I hope everyone's day is going well.

I've just got a half hour left in the workday, and I'm ready to get out of here! I'm going to do GS BSB, and I'm looking forward to some heavy lifting. :7 I suppose I should be looking forward to some clean eating too, shouldn't I?

Shelley - you better not work out today! Take it easy. I sure hope you feel better tomorrow.

Lainie - I love the "delicate melting snowflake fairies! :7 That just cracked me up. Yes, it feels WONDERFUL to do real cardio again! Good luck with Amy Bento.

Stephanie - goodness - just one pancake? You'll be fine! Relax! And, of course, enjoy! :9

Leann - How's the clean eating coming? I keep trying too, but dang it's hard!

Tneah - woman, you're intense! Good luck with your coach, and keep us posted on how it goes. Of course you're nuts... but it's a good kind of nuts. ;) Would you mind if I PM-ed you sometime?

TK - I've only tried the LIS once since this calf injury hit, but it didn't seem pretty low key. Heck, it's probably be a good one for me to use right now as I get back into things.

OK, I totally sucked at my workout today--only did a couple combos of Hi/Lo Xtreme because I was so weary. I also had my sore throat bugging me and had to keep stopping for water, so I just gave up. I did enjoy HLX more this time than last time I tried it, though--probably just because I'm more accustomed to more complex stuff by now. I think last time I didn't feel I had enough room to do it, but that might have been before I started regularly moving one of the chairs out of the room before working out.

Leanne, yep, I found the Perfect Pushup things at Target and I bought them. They were $39.99. I already did a couple pushups on them but I'm going to save doing more until I do HIS. This is the presale page on CIA's website: http://www.ciavideo.com/newsite/presale.asp I ordered 3 of the 5 new workouts (just not the dude's workout and not the one that says "athletic"). Also, Amy just updated her site today and it looks like you could wait and order both her new workouts from her on Friday: http://nrgfitness.net/videos.html

Tneah, the trainer sounds like a great idea if you want to really buff yourself up. You go, girl! Oh, and I had to read these lines a couple times to get them: Leanne, we always post at the exact same time! And yeah, I am hoping we can get away for our "special" time...we just don't do that enough ya know? I was wondering at first if you needed some "special" time with Leanne, then I realized she'd asked you about your DH. :p

TK, I can hardly believe I did the Compendium already, either. It's just like when I was in college and I thought I would do a paper over several days, but instead would end up pulling an all-nighter to finish it all at once. At least I was only working on it until 11-ish last night--didn't stay up all night. The perfect pushup thing was $40 at Target, btw.

Shannon, I'm always "looking forward" to clean eating--but not actually doing enough of it. :)

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Afternoon, all!

TK -- Yes, it's definitely about the process, not the product, when doing crafts, huh??! I love to light a candle, put on a good CD, and bead away. I usually use my reading glasses to bead, but talked to my eye Dr. last year about getting super magnifiers. She said to wait another year or two so I don't become dependent on them.

Lainie -- You poor thing! I can't believe that you still feel so icky! Did the blood test results come back yet? How funny about the "special"night! Thanks for the heads-up about Amy's update! I'd been checking it, and hadn't seen anything. I stopped at a sporting goods store on my way in to work this morning to look into the push-up handles, but wasn't sure if they'd work on carpet. I may wait a few more weeks before buying them, though, since I also want to get Amy's DVD's on Friday. Sigh. Too much good stuff to buy!

Tneah -- You are going to rock this 12-week challenge! You'll have to share your "after" photos with us. I am just so excited for you! Sending good thoughts your way, too, while you wait to hear back from him. How scary to have to send bathing shoot shots off to someone -- for a CRITIQUE!!! You look gorgeous already, though, and I bet he won't have a lot of recommendations to make!:)

Shannon -- Yes, clean eating is SUPER hard! I've been pretty good about it today, and am even going to try out a new recipe tonight from the Clean Eating mag! By the way, can I ask what the OAL group is all about? I saw Emily's post and was curious . . . .

Howdy gang. Whew, another crazy day at work. We've all decided we need more help. The state mandated that everyone who is admitted into the hospital has to be tested for MRSA, the resitant Staph bacteria. We just started testing and it is taking someone all day to do two runs. That means that person can't do anything else. We've gotten approval to hire extra help on weekends, but we need more hands during the week too.

Judy, way to go on the melting. I've never taken a spin class. I would probably enjoy it.

Shannon and Deb, I never used to have trouble with regular pushups, but with age, my wrists are starting to bother me. I tried using dumbells once, but they were hard on my hands!

Shelley, I'm sorry to hear the cold hit you. I'm still dealing with draining sinuses. I hope you get over it quickly. But look at the bright side. You were already going to miserable with PMS. So now you kill two miseries with one stone!

Stephanie, one blueberry pancake doesn't need to ruin your whole day. I'm glad you are enjoying ballet. Does DH babysit for you?

Leanne, I'll try to remember to take a picture of the next pie I make. Yes, I made the pasta dish. DD and I liked it, DH wasn't crazy about it. DD is making the tomato stuffed meatballs tonight. I had to laugh. DH took the magazine to work today to share the tuna article with a coworker. The coworker and his wife eat tuna salad sandwiches for lunch EVERY DAY. Anyway, we couldn't find the danged magazine when DD was ready to start dinner. We are waiting for DH to bring it home. Dinner will be late tonight.

tneah, the trainer thing you are doing sounds so cool. Good luck. By the way, I've never found anything you've posted to be anything by intelligent and uplifting. You sounded a little unsure of yourself during yesterday's hoopla.

TK, well, $60 is out of my price range for additional fitness equipment right now. I'm still trying to figure out if there is anywhay I can scrape up the funds to preorder STS. The more I study it, the more I think, yeah, maybe I DO want it. Of course, as busy as we have been at work, I'm sure I could pick up some more overtime like last Saturday.

Lanie, I'm sorry the workout wasn't so great today. We all have day's like that. Of course, the rest of us hasn't been sick for months. Have you heard anything about your blood tests? If your doctor's office is anything like mine, no news is good news.

So I got home and did the chest and tricep work from CTX. Now I'm just killing time before dinner. I'm starving too. Thank you for keeping my fingers from straying to the snack cupboard. See you tomorrow.

Popping in before tackling High Step Advanced or whatever that workout is called!

Lainie...:7 :7 When I read that, it did indeed look like I was longing for "away time" with Leanne!

Robin, yeah, I was a little unsure of myself, I get in a pool with a few sharks and the only thing I can do is try and make everyone laugh or run and hide!:) I thought the whole "I am offended" is so overblown these days, a person can barley speak their minds without getting slammed by someone or something it seems. And I think it can be hard to express yourself through the written word sometimes..Wow, your work sounds intense and busy, I love busy on most days. How do you test for that? Bloodwork, saliva? OOH, whats for dinner??

Stephanie, one blueberry pancake does not a fat arse make.;)

Shannon, please do PM me anytime ya want!

Leanne my "darling"...that was funny..you knew what I meant right?
:eek: Thanks for the sweet words. Not sure when the trainer will get back to me, my first phone conference is the 18th. Oh, and I didn't have as much cottage cheese happening on my thighs as I thought, well, at least in the light I had the photos taken!}( Oh, and he is in Temecula-right outside of San Diego, so when I am down there on our boat, I could schedule one on one time with him--he has his own training facility. I have worked with a trainer in the past-when I did my show, and it works very well for me, so anyway, I am just excited!

Okay, I need to write more today and then go do that workout...oh, by the way. The weighted shoes I got? They gave me shin splints at first, but now seem to really be helping my leg muscles--I walk in them really slow (3.2) on the treadmill while I read!:7

Hi Melter's!

Oh boy, no time to play, but I did read your posts so I at least know what's going on. You guys are so amazing and I love checking in with you!

My DH (the "D" does NOT stand for dear today :p ) informed me this morning that he has a trip coming up...TOMORROW!!! This threw me into a bit of a tizzy because I had to rearrange some plans I had for this week and begin my climb up Mt. Washmore -- LMAO! He won't get home until late tonight so I'm going to pack his bag, too.

Thanks again for your prayers for my DS. She had meetings off campus all day today so there was no chance of running into her boss. We're still hoping that this whole thing will blow over.

Well, I better sign off and get moving. I still need to do my workout, too, and I can't afford to miss it today. Hopefully I'll have time to do personals tomorrow, but please know that I am keeping up with reading even if I don't have time to reply to each of you right now. ;) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.