*()*()* Clean & Tidy (need some hugs) Monday *()*()*

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Hey ladies (warning, sappy, sad post coming),

I had a really rough time dropping girls off this morning. Ellie started crying the moment I told her it was time to get her coat on. She cried all the way to school and through the time I dropped her off. I sat in the little lobby area listening to her sniff sniff and I just started to tear up. I walked to my car just feeling like a horrible mother and wanting to go rescue her from the big bad preschool. Then I just started feeling so stupid for thinking that we could live here and it would be OK. I just want to go home. It's frustrating trying to eat clean here b/c the things that I was so accustomed to eating, I can't find here (specifically kashi products and pretty much all things organic). I came home and just wanted to call my mom but it's 3 a.m. so thankfully my 21 y/o brother was on facebook and now i'm chatting with him. I tried to call Ryan at work but he didn't answer. Ugh. Ok... enough of my sappiness.

Kate, awesome purchase! You have a freaking lifetime fitness in your basement. You could charge people to come over! That's so funny about the tooth fairy! I hear you on the HR monitor thing... I don't know how I'll feel if I start doing some heavy lifting and I only burn 250 cals... but w/circuit work it's totally motivating!

Katie, your pepperoni bread sounds awesome. How do you make it? (Not that we have pepperoni here...) Avoid the cake today - you can do it!

Anne, ^5 on BM2!!! It's so motivating to do this together! I don't know if I'll do TJ abs or not. I really like TJ though - Chalene (the leader) is so cute and bubbly and the music is awesome. I'll be interested to see the HR monitor's reaction! I am also excited to the original BC. I'm not sure I've ever done the whole thing... I can't remember.

Colleen, ^5 on HSC! THat's a hard one. It's funny, it isn't the cardio that kills me... I am energizer bunny but that band work - geesh! I think circuit work is so fun. I'll prob cry next month if I try to do Gym Styles and such. I'll need lots of motivation!

Klaudia, ITA on the eating issues. I could work out until the cows come home but eating is SOOOO hard. We can do it together and keep each other accountable. I totally need to shape up there too! Just know that if you put something in your mouth that isn't clean... I'll be here to shame you. :):):)

Robin, hope your weekend was a good one!

Morris, sorry about Finn being sick again. I'm amazed at your ability to get up and run after being up with Aidain! I'm so bad with stuff like that. When I was nursing, I could barely function during the day. Ellie didn't sleep through the night til she was 1 and it just exhausted me! Plus, she quit nursing on me at 5 months (UGH!) so I had to do bottles in the middle of the night. SO annoying.

OK... gotta get to the grocery store.

Grace and Peace to all my dear Cathefriends... love you guys!

angie

(((Oh Angie)))

OF COURSE it is going to be hard to transition to this new period in your life. Let yourself feel that. Please remember that you are giving your girls a huge gift by exposing them to another language and culture, this will really aid in shaping them into wonderful young girls / women and I bet they will thank you later. You and Ryan are doing something wonderful for them, I promise!!

-----------------

So I weighed myself when I got home in the middle of the day yesterday, and my weight was up several pounds from normal. Then I weighed again this morning, and it's up even more. I usually don't weigh until after my workout, so we will see, but I can't imagine it's going to change 3 or 4 pounds. I am pissed -- pissed that my weight it up for no good reason, and pissed that I can't seem to stay off the freaking scale. I am considering giving the damn thing to Chris and having him hide it for awhile.

Better workout, BBL...

Katie, thanks for the encouragement. I keep telling myself that I'm going to look back on all this and be so grateful for the opportunity. It's just really hard right now! I drove by the girls' school on my way to the grocery store and saw them merrily playing on the playground. It made the rest of my morning a lot better.

Got lots of fruits and veggies at the store. For bfast I had an egg white omelet and for "lunch" I had fruit, granola, yogurt, and babybel cheese. I didn't want to eat a lot b/c I want to get my WO in during Ellie's 2 p.m. nap.

We're having ravioli for dinner tonight b/c Ryan's going to be late so I'll make a big salad beforehand and just have a few ravioli. I'm planning celery and pb for a post WO snack.

Katie - TOTALLY GIVE THE SCALE TO CHRIS! LET GO! My thoughts on the scale are to weigh in maybe once a month. In general, you KNOW you're NOT overweight so the scale can be so fickle. You know you're taking good care of your body by eating well and working out so please, please, please put it away. Don't let it discourage you. Hope you had an awesome WO this morning!

I'll check in after my WO.

angie, hugs to you for your rough morning - it is incredibly difficult, what you are doing. in another month, you all will be in such a different place. havea good workout today, and your menu looks great.

katie, i 2nd ditching the scale. it is addictive, and not ina good way. maybe just try to stay off it for 3 days and let yourself rebalance? just a thought. i struggle too, and you are not alone.

this am was much nicer than the last few. finn and aidan slept well, yeah!! i had very little energy, though, probably from the weight work yesterday afternoon. i did do my ellitical and some leg work. angie, finn did not sleep thru the night untill 11.5mons. i expect aidan will be the same. while i have energy in the am, it is gone in the evening.

kate, crazy purchases!!! you definately should charge admission to your "gym".

work day for me, then dr for aidan, then out to dinner with dh tonight. i did keep yesterday clean, but i am really going for today too. i ate a huge breakfast b/c i worked out hard this am, and i think if i do not eat enough after, i get too hungry later. we will see how that goes. on an annoying note, dh was rummaging in my work bag last ngith looking for a reciept. well, i tend to stash some extra snacks there so i do not have to pack them everyday, and i like to have "healthy"stuff on hand. he of course thinks that is "weird" and gets freaked out. i guess it does look funny to have some popcorn, 2 prtein bars, and 1 granola bar and an apple, but honestly, i don't think it is a big deal. he is just completely mr. moderation - he can not eat for 6-8hrs on end, he can avoid bad stuff if he wants or juts have a little if he wants. also, he does not work out much. sigh. i hate criticism.

klaudia, hope you are well today.

robin, what is on your menu?

hi coleen - hope work is okay this week.

hi anne - how are things?

i'll bbl

Morning...my Sunday was spent doing surprise science projects which were due TODAY :mad:
Kate girl you are going to have legs of steel with that machine WHOOOOO!

((((Angie))) hang in there. You and your family is just home sick. I felt the same way around Christmas time. I wanted to go back to NY...but then I remembered that horrible house I used to own:confused:. Try not to think of the past but look towards the future.

Katie Chris needs to hind both of our scales. I promised myself not to weight in until Sat. I should just take my measurements instead.

Off to do my w/o 4DS chest and back

Angie, je te donne des grosse bises! I know firsthand how hard living in another country can be, add in a family and it's no wonder you're having some difficulty adjusting. Just take it one day at a time, look at it as an adventure-especially the food-and think about what an awesome gift you're giving your girls. They may not know it know, but you're teaching them about culture, perserverance, understanding, etc. And know that your cyberfriends are here for you always-good or bad.

Thanks for helping me keep accountable! I made steel cut oats/quinoa in the crockpot for breakfast and I had my coffee with skim milk and 1/2 tsp. of sugar-so far, so good. I am going to post EVEYTHING I eat so I'll be waiting for those cyber hand slaps:)

Katie, I hear you on the scale. I was going to get on this morning, but I had to hurry and get the girls up, and I only weigh first thing-in my skivvies after I pee:) So, no weigh in today. Oh, well. Have a great workout and forget about it!!

I have HIIT on tap for today. I'll workout when Nevena naps. I need to get to the grocery store today, too.

Hi everyone!!

b-oatmeal, pear
s-almonds
l-tuna, red peppper
s-?
d- turkey chili, salad?

bbl...

Last edited:
i only hVe a minute - gonna be a busy day....

angie, hugs comin atcha. preschool is a huge adjustment for sahm's and their kids. i cried a lot too. you will see good things from it, i promise. both of my shy, reserved, timid girls totally blossomed there. they arent extremely outgoing now but it did give them confidence they didnt have before. you CAN do the france thing, it will just take adjusting. im sure id be completely overwhelmed and in tears daily. you are a strong woman, physically and emotionally, and you will come out on top.

well, shoot, im out of time.....isabel going to preschool....bbl....

{{{{{{{{{{{Angie}}}}}}}}}}} I'm glad you're feeling a little better after seeing the girls on the playground, but I agree with Katie, this is an incredibly tough transition. And, yes, you'll be homesick. But, as you already know, in the end it will be worth it. Remember, it's the tough experiences that make us who we are. When you feel frustrated, just let yourself feel it and get through it. And come here and let us help you! Okay, enough lecture, I'm just trying to be encouraging.

Robin, great work out. Sorry about the surprise science project.

Katie, definitely hide the scale. It's just evil. Go by how you look and how your clothes fit. Easier said than done, I know, but maybe giving it a try for a few days, as Morris suggested.

Morris, sorry about the criticism from DH. That's no fun. My DH is the same way--he seems to be able to go forever without eating, he just doesn't understand that I get really hungry every 2-4 hours. I hope dinner is nice tonight.

Colleen, are you feeling better?

Kate, how is your morning going?

Klaudia, how was the pasta last night?

Okay, I got up this morning and did Kick Max. It was all right, but (don't tell Cathe) I just don't really like that work out. I'm not a huge fan of kickboxing and I've probably only done it like 3 times. That's part of the problem because I can't get the last kick/punch combo, and then I can't begin to keep up with the intensity drills. If I could get through all those without a break, I would consider myself in awesome shape! Oh, well, maybe some day...

Okay, I have to get some work done after I call about my tire. Remember my flat tire from last week? Well, it's losing air, so I'm going to have to take it in again. Yuck.

Have a good day, everyone, I'll check back later.

anne

Good Morning Everyone!

I am finally feeling much better. Today I was able to workout and not feel tired halfway through. I have to be careful though here at work. I have a coworker out with a horrible flu. So lots of extra hand washing for my already dry hands today.

Angie, hang in there - it will get better. Chris lived in Germany for 4 years when he was younger and he has nothing but good memories of it.
Katie, burn the scale!!!! Your doing lots of heavy lifting so you are probably building muscle.
Morris, DH was probably jealous that you are so organized. Don't let it bother you.
Robin, your kids keeping guessing don't they?
Anne, KM is not one of my favorites. I do love the intensity drills so sometimes I just add them onto another workout.
Kate, have you had a minute to breathe yet?

w/o was StrikeZone
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: turkey meatloaf or turkey sand.
s: blueberries & yogurt, sliced cucumber
d: steak, whole grain rice, veggies

Hey everyone,

Thanks so much for all the encouragement - you have no idea how much it means to me. I'm doing better this afternoon. I just have my little mini breakdowns! :)

WO done. Turbo Jam Cardio Party 3. I used to think this was a pretty hard workout. It was just so-so today. :) I guess I'm getting stronger.

Time: 60 min
Cals:360
High HR: 170
Avg: 140

Morris, sorry about issues with DH. WHy can men eat whatever they want and still have no issues? Sometimes I eat more than Ryan and then I just feel like a pig. Ugh. I think you're smart to pack snacks! have fun out at dinner!

Robin, sorry about last min science projects... something to look forward to when my kids are older I guess. :) Have fun with 4DS. I haven't done that weight work in ages!

Klaudia, menu looks squeaky! Be careful at the grocery store - don't go hungry! Thanks so much for the kind words!

Kate, thanks for the support. Annabel is very shy and reserved (like her daddy) so I think this will be really good for her. Ellie is my social butterfly so her reaction to all this has been strange. I just want to hold her b/c she's my little baby!

Anne, I know I will appreciate this experience when it's over. The hard part is learning to appreciate it now and not miss out! ITA about kickmax. It's really not one of my faves. I wish she would intermix the arm combos and the intensity drills. I get so bored at the beginning. I'm scared of MIC coming up in this rotation. That one is brutal! :)

Colleen, I'm so glad you're feeling better - definitely lots of hand washing today! Don't get sick again! What is strike zone (going to google...)

OK, gotta eat a snack and clean up the kitchen and put away some groceries and fold some laundry and dry my hair and go get annabel in one hour! Wish me luck!! :)

BBL.
angie

angie, good luck at pick up - great workout!!

robin, i dread the days of helping with homework. i do not miss having it myslef!

klaudia, good luck with the eats today. i should post a full menu more, but it changes so much. the crockpot stuff sounds yummy

anne, i only like the km intensity frills and the leg owrk. kpc on the otherhand, is one of my faves.

colleen, glad you are better, but keep washing. my workplace feels like the plague sometimes

hi kate!

only a few more hours at work, then off to do errands, etc - eats good so far. my goal is no midless snacking

Eats are good. Had my almonds. I need to goet to the store asap. I hope Darrin comes home early so I can go alone.

Anne, I never made the pasta last night so if I don't make chili, I'm making baked mostaccioli today:)

Robin, I hate when there's suprise homework! Have fun with 4DS-one of my favorites:)

Morris, I try to keep snacks on hand too-nuts, granola bars, apples, trail mix, etc. You never know when it'll come in handy. Waiting 6-8 hours between meals is so not good for your metabolism. You're doing the right thing. The crock pot oatmeal was really good-even the 2 year old had some:)

Hi Colleen, glad you're feeling better and got to work out!

Waiting for my friend to come by for a playdate.

Klaudia enjoy HIIT today. Good going with the no-sugar in coffee.

Morris for your no midless snacking use a bowl or a cup. When you are done you are done. I try to eat my snack around 8:00pm this way I'm not hungry when I go to bed.

Angie Turbo Jam is my DD fav. She want her new w/o too.

Colleen I'm trying to get all of my kickboxing ready for the STS rotations, how is StrikeZone?

Kate what's your w/o today?

Morris maybe you need a good carb afternoon snack, for more energy?

----------------------------
Menu
b-egg whites and turkey bacon
l-talipa and spinach
s-orange and PB
d-lemon chicken and veggies
s-nuts

lets see how long i have,,,,:)

i did 4ds chest/back 2x.:D doms hre i come!:D

mil is picking up isabel at prek for me - yay!
fam pic this afternoon tht mil set up. its w/ mil, fil, bil, sil and her dh and 2 kids, dh's grandma and his cousin that g'ma is raising. sil's kids are disobedient to say the least. its gonna be a nightmare:rolleyes: .
after that i have to scarf dinner and get to a very long board mtg.

b - wheat chex, apple slices
s - clif bar, post-wo
l - chili, 9-grain toast
s - clementines & peanuts???
d - prob a nasty grilled chicken salad at a drive thru.

angie, ginas 1st 3 months of pre-k she cried from the time she woke up til i dropped hr off. it killed me, but i knew she needed it or wed be in big trouble when kinderg. came. she still has a hard time w/ separation in 1st grade but i know she enjoys school and is learning so much. my child can read! it is amazing to me......where have the years gone????:(
good job on the wo!
and if its any consolation....im totally jealous of your free time!
yes, i do have gymbucks. embarrassingly, i think its $125 or $150!!! how about you?

katie, back away from the scale!!!:Dhave chris hide it for a couple weeks. hows cake avoidance going?

morris, just a checkup for aidan???
sorry about dh-drama! i guess i should be thankful mike doesnt give me a hard time. occasionally he'll say "oh, just eat a pancake, for goodness sake" but i know hes teasing me more than anything. mikes eating habits amaze me too. he gives not much thought about what he eats, lifts totaly freestyle and he looks like an underwear model!:eek::cool::cool::cool::cool: his traps are ginormous!! i made him take his shirt off at cmas to show my sisters - he was so embarrassed but i know he loves it!:p
hope work goes by fast.

klaudia, did the tf come???:p
are you needing a hand slap or are you doing good?:)
have fun hiiting it!

robin, science - blah! howd it go?

anne, km is not my fave either:eek: good job getting up early to do it! i thought about doing that.....but i pulled my fur blanket over my head and went back to sleep!
bummer on the tire!!!

colleen, no flu bugs!!!
you're rockin the eats & wo today!
i need to pull sz out again - havent done it sinceearly preg.

better get going....

Last edited:
oh my - i took a long time typing and 3 of you chimed in!

morris, mindless snacking gets me too.
i like the leg drills of km too. i add them on the end of 4ds kb cardio.

klaudia, good job on the eats! hope you get to shop alone. have fun on the playdate. i need to do more of that foe isabel. i get in such a rut...

robin, good job on the eats!!!

Hey ladies, sorry I never made it back after my workout -- computer issues!

I did intervals 1-8 of IMAX2 -- running short on time AGAIN! Could this e another reason my weight is going up?? :mad:

Anyway, time was 42:13, 308 cals, HR 144 avg 174 high.

Eats have been stellar -- cereal, apple, almonds, sandwich with loads of veggies and lean turkey. Planning to continue on for the rest of the day. And NO CAKE!! And tons of water too, although I think I may have some green tea when I get back to the office.

I have a pound of ground beef -- 96% lean -- to cook for dinner, and about 20 - 30 minutes to cook. What should I make???

Sorry for the lack of personals!! "See" you later!

Katie, 42 mins is plenty of tiem to be exercising. Isnt it after that the body starts to burn muscle instead of fat for fuel?:confused: And we def don't want THAT!!!
How about tacos tonight?
GOOD JOB ON NO CAKE!!!!!

No chili fo rlunch!:mad: I guess we ate it all. I had scr eggs & whites w/ 2 pieces of toast.

Drink your water, ladies!

Playdate's over, thank goodness! Getting ready to put Nevena down for her nap, then go work out. Lunch was good-tuna cup w/a bit of light mayo, 1 piece ww bread, 1 slice 2% cheese and 1 cup minestrone soup w/parmesan, 1/2 pear.

Katie, you can also saute onion and garlic with the beef, add sauce, and make pasta:)

Okay, my work day is almost over. I'm going to go home and relax for a little while before I go to tap class.

Angie, I'm looking for to SJP tomorrow. I can't remember the last time I tried to do the whole thing. I'm going to set my alarm for 5:50 in order to get it done. Wish me luck!

Great job on the eats, everybody! So far today I've had 128 ounces of water--wow, that's a gallon, isn't it?

Have a great evening, everyone. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.