*-*-* cLeAn & tIdY fRiDaY eVe *-*-*

My "mental health day" planned for tomorrow really loses some of it's appeal when I miss work yesterday for a non-sickness!

Here is my theory -- Collin has allergies something terrible. Yesterday morning he was very stuffy. I think he had so much drainage in his stomach (refuses to blow his nose!) and then ate b'fast that it made his stomach unsettled. There have been absolutely NO MORE signs of puking.

I have to go to work today, so Collin and Bishy will stay home. I am happy for them to spend some "guy time" but Chris always shows me up when he stays home with him -- happy kid, clean house, etc etc and I can barely keep myself and Collin sane when I'm home. He's just a lot more cool-headed than me.

Klaudia, the concert is Jason Michael Carroll, Keith Anderson, and Steve Azar. That's funny about Darrin & the boots, beer, and baseball cap! Sounds a lot like where I live!

Okay, off to the TM, bbiab!

Katie, DId you have to answer any questions to get the tix, or just call in? That is so cool!
Sorry abt the Collin thing. Good sleuthing on it! Hope C&C have a good day, but I hear your frustration. Mke can't tend house for anything but the girls are pretty sure the sun rises and sets on how fun he is. Why is it they are perfectly happy when he does outside chores and they just hang out but whne I do inside chores thye're bored to tears???
Hvae fun TMing!

-
Busy day here!
Shopping, lunch, and shopping with Isabel, Julia, and Laura. Can't wait! Moms Day stuff, and HOPEFULLY some clothes for ME!
Tonight we have dinner for Mike's Grandma's 80th. There will be ColdStone cake. I'm pretty sure Mike won't have any....he is so disciplined. That will make it easier for me to resist, plus by then Julia is going to be so tired she won't be able to see straight,, and how much fun is it to eat ice cream with an overtired baby in your lap?

-
ugh....shouldve woke up at 5 to wo....j woke up early.....will have to wait til tonight.
we were dog-tired last night but both kicked butt.....lets hope tonight is a repeat!

Last edited:
good morning - i was in a rough mood last night and did not catch up with you chatty ladies. today will be good!

katie, our dh's must be related. i get shown up all the time by dh, and yes, with picked up house and happy kiddos. annoying, isn't it? still enjoy your day tomorrow. how was your run?

kate,coldsatone cake?? yumm! sorry, no help from me:eek:have fun shpopping and let me know what you find. i am jealous.

colleen, where did you get your pace mates?

klaud, dh would have loved tuna mac and cheese! we had a really delicoius port tenderloiun with a greek-style marinade. made mashed potatos and green beans and salad. when is neveen's b-day? i think she and finn must be close. both my boys are june babies.

anne, oh anne, did you wake up early?

lisa, how is the weather today? hi robin.

11 mile treadmill run this am. will do core later as a study break. it is still pouring here:( lots of errands and stuff to do today. dh forgot to get his mom something for mother's day, so i need to figure something out today for her. nothing like last minute:mad:bbiab

Morris, Sorry for the off mood last night. Need more sleep???
Mike never shops for his family....but if he did he'd spend too much so I guess it's better that I do it! He seems to think our money comes from a never-ending source!:p
Great WO - happy studying!:confused:

It's raining cats and dogs out side.

Katie maybe Collin need to be tested for allergies. When I was a little girl my mom gaveme OJ every morning until she found out that I was allergic to oranges. What do you have planned for tomorrow?

Kate enjoy your dinner tonight.

Morris great run today!

I'm so tired but I have to do some cardio.
bbl

You guys won't believe it, but I woke up this morning and did PushPull the upper body parts X 2. I didn't even have my alarm set, I had decided to take today as a rest day, but I woke up and it was too warm in bed, so I decided to just get up and get it done. Yay me!

Robin, why do you have to do cardio if you're so tired? I'm just sayin'....

Kate, have fun shopping today! You should be able to find some really good bargains.

Morris, 11 miles on the treadmill? You're a better woman than I. But you already knew that, right? Good job getting all that done!

Katie, just go to work and remember that's where you belong. Not everybody is cut out to be a SAHM. That's the beautiful thing about women's liberation--it's all about choice and finding what works best for you.

Klaudia, good job on your late work out last night! I am uber impressed. And thanks for the kind words. A real pick me up for me this morning!

Hi, Colleen, Lisa, and Angie!

Okay, I have to get some work done. Do you guys remember me saying I was setting up a member forum like this one for a work related thing? Well, I finally get to do it today. I ran into a snag, but it's been resolved, so I'm moving forward with it.

Oh, and did I tell you? I'm going to see Savion Glover! I know, you don't know who he is, but many, many people consider him the best tap dancer in the world. He picks up where Gregory Hines left off. He's amazing. He has some personal habits I find objectionable (he's quite the drug user), but the man can flat out dance. He'll be at the Ann Arbor Summer Festival. Kate and Klaudia, do you guys ever go to that? They have a ton of cool stuff and some of it is free. Check it out:

http://www.annarborsummerfestival.org/

bbiab

anne

Robin, Maybe the cardio willperk you up!
I bet your mom felt awful!!!

Anne, WTG on the WO!!!
I've never been to Ann Arbor....was going to write AA, but that might look funny!! Hope you have fun!
Good luck with your forum set up!

Good morning!

My dad's here again-with more doughnuts! Arrgh! I took out one for each of the girls and he's taking the rest home. Today is cardio and abs. Not sure what I feel like doing. And I want to run out to the store again and see if I can find a cute outfit for my reunion on Saturday.

Katie, I think your theory is spot on. You know your kid the best. We call where we live "Chestertucky" in stead of Chesterfield! It can be a little redneck around these parts;)

Kate, hope you find some great deals! What stores are you hitting? Good luck with the cake! That's the difference between us-I'd be passing the baby off to eat the cake!

Morris, 11 miles on the tm?! Nice! Your dinner sounds delicious! Nevena will be 3 at the end of October:) She acts like she's 23! I'm glad I don't have to shop for Darrin's mom-she's lucky if he'll call her on Sunday. He's very frustrated with her. We got my mom makeup-my brother ordered it from Saks online:)

Robin, take it easy today. Curl up with a blanket and watch the rain-or take a nap:)

Anne, nice job on the workout! I just got PP/SS on dvd with my STS coupon! Can't wait to try those premixes. I've never been to that festival, but my friend just moved there so maybe I can coordinate a visit and have a look see:)

Hi Lisa, Colleen, and Angie!

b-kashi and raspberries

klaudia, your dad sounds like my kind of guy! but not my waist's!:p
good luck shoppig! hoping to ake my way around eastwood...we'll see how far j lets us get! momsday shopping first, then me. sigh....:p
i like my desserts to be eaten quietly in bed w/ no kids around!:D

Anne I don't know who Savion Glover is but I know Gregory Hines. I'll check him out. You're right I don't feel like doing cardio so I'm not. Next week is recovery week so I'll do cardio then. I guess I need vitamins.

Klaudia where will your reunion take place?

kate, my fav place for desert is straight out of the fridge/cubboard/freezer/wrapper. no disipline to wait until bed:p enjoy the shop.

robin, good ghealthy attitude. you are doing a demanding program and may need to just rest up.

klaud, lol re donuts. family, gotta love em.

anne, whoo hooo on the am wo!! that is good for some extra points for sure. and me, better person than you? i strongly disagree. i need your attitude with family.

speaking of which, spoke with my dad yesterday. he tried to tell me how dr. laura on the radio spoke to a called enstranged from her husband b/c of her own family problems (her brother). he said dr laura thought that had no reason to affect her other relationships. so, in my dad's world, none of the kids has a right to hold a grudge or be mad at him for leaving and cheating on my mom b/c it is not our relationship. hmmmmm. doesn't fly with me, plus, my dad left my very ill and infirmed mother, and he lied and he cheated and he is still commiting adultery with no set plans for adivorce. jerk!:mad: and my mom, well, she was weeping on the phone to me this am b/c my dad just ordered new checks with his new addreess and that made her sad. but, i got studying done, kissed my bbaby, and am going to the store before hitting the books again. i really want this to be a better day:confused:

Morris that crap doesn't fly with me either. Dr. laura, Dr Phil, Dr. Oprah, unless they have lived though this trauma they don't really know and should not give advice. Divorce affects the whole family no matter what.

Kate that's agood idea for mom-day. Eat cake in bed...no kids.

i'm making a list of chores my kids will do on moms-day. Nope i don't want any flowers.

Angie..any baby yet?

Lisa what's new?

Back from Nevena's class. I just indulged-1/2 of a chocolate covered buttercream doughnut and man was it good!! Lunch will be a clean and tidy salad and I'll work out a little longer and all will be well:)

Robin, our reunion is at a local park within sight of the high school. Hoping enough people show up to cover the cost of renting the pavilion! And that the weather is decent.

Morris, that's how I eat dessert too! Sorry about the family stuff. I agree with Robin. And it will be a better day cause you will make it one!

Morris, {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} And I was just teasing about the better person thing--I feel *no* competition in this group. I think we're all striving to be the best we can be, which is why we work out, right? I'm so sorry for all you're dealing with now.

Gotta scoot--work stuff.

anne

Katie - Don't we wish we could all be like your DH when we're home with the kids?
Kate - Yay for shopping.
Robin - What kind of cardio did you end up doing? It is HOT and muggy here, yuck.
Klaudia - Is this your first reunion?
Anne - WTG on the am wo!!

I have a work deadline next week, and I'm feeling the pressure! The key is to not start stress eating! I didn't get to wo yesterday, but the eats were actually clean. Today is strength day so I'm planning on something. Maybe MM. Gotta take the kids to the bus stop. Be back in a bit.

Lisa

Morris - I'm so sorry about your dad. Maybe it makes him feel less guilty so he says those things? I hope it will subside for you soon.

Lisa

Okay ladies, tell me that I am not going to bake a pan of brownies and eat them just to feel a moment of bliss from all my work stress. I would normally opt for going for an outdoor run, but it is way too humid and muggy. I would have to wait until the evening which is hours away!!! I was flipping through the recipe book yesterday searching for desserts to bake. No, don't need them, right??

Lisa

shopping was great! spent A TON at jcrew - a cute madras plaid skirt, flip flops, and a boatload of shirts. college students get 15% off reg price - i KNEW there was a reason i took laura w/ me!:D
ate clean at pf changs!

-
klaudia, oh, donuts! we made them homemade a cpl weeks ago...wicked good.

robin, lol on the chores! i dont like flowrs either! all that $, then they die

morris, im so sorry abt your dad. dr laura's advice to that caller def does not apply here!

lisa, no brownies! dont make the same mistake katie & i did!:p maybe make them, eat one, and give the rest away....

anne, hows work today?

Ack! It's turned into a frustrating day--a colleague was asking for info that should have been easy to get, but it's taken all day to do. Oh, well, it's done now. I haven't done a lick of work on the forum thing, but then I decided that's a good thing to work on at home tomorrow, it'll be nice and quiet.

Kate, high 5! Don't you love new clothes?

Klaudia, you're making me hungry for doughnuts. Just kidding!

Lisa, I don't understand the urge to bake--I don't have the baking gene. I burned sugar cookies when I was 11 and I haven't baked since.

Robin, my mom is getting flowers this year, but they're being delivered in a vase on Friday. She'll enjoy them for a couple of weeks. I know you'll enjoy having your kids do their chores!

Oh, and Kate, you have *never* been to Ann Arbor? Explanation, please. I know it's a bastion of hippie liberalism, but there are great restaurants, great book stores, a nice campus (altho not as pretty as MSU), and all kinds of cultural stuff. I'm just intrigued, please don't be offended.

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.