(*)(*)(*)(*)Clean & Tidy Monday(*)(*)(*)(*)

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning everyone,

I am not feeling as well as I wanted to today. I was hoping to hop out of bed with a whole lot of energy (not sure how I figured that would happen since I never actually "hop" out of bed). But, I'm still feeling pretty weak. Hopefully once I get going and get the girls to school, I'll have a little more motivation.

Annabel stays at school all day today so that takes out one of my trips back to the school. I need to get to the grocery store for a couple of things and I should probably start the laundry.

Right now, I need to get the kids in the tub! Anna is a sweaty sleeper! :p

I'll check in later... happy Monday!

Hey, where is everyone?!?!?

I'm feeling a lot better than I originally thought. Ellie is going down for her nap in about an hour and I'm hoping to try LIC again. Anne, this is my plan for this week:

Mon LIC
Tues Rhythmic Step
Wed OFF
Thurs CTX Power Circuit
Fri Imax 3
Sat SJP/Step Blast "Weights and Step"

Depending on how I feel, I may only do a portion of Imax 3 or a premix of some sort. Hopefully I'll be up to full speed by then.

I just spent the last two hours trying to make a meal plan for the week. I'm so frustrated because I feel like everything that used to be easy as far as cooking is concerned, is now so hard! I just need simple recipes and ideas and I can't seem to find things that have that. It's so annoying. I hate cooking to begin with (I'm just not intuitive) so it's so hard.

I also wanted to upload a video to iMovie which I figured would be as easy as plugging it into my computer. Well, not so much. iMovie doesn't support the file type from my HD camcorder so I have to convert it first. Really annoying. At least once I did that, it was easy to upload to mobile me. My nephew starts at his new daycare today and I wanted to send him a video message. Hope he gets it before he goes to school.

Ok... I'll check in after my WO.

Hey Angie, glad you are feeling better, LIC is a good bet. Skip the blasts if you need to. As for what to fix for dinner..... In my house, I keep it pretty boring. I usually have a protein, a green veg, and a starchy veg. For example, grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, and corn. Very boring:rolleyes:

I got up at my usual time and wondered and wondered about what workout to do. Finally I decided to go back and *snuggle* my husband in bed;) I will do LB floor work / ankle weight work, abs, and stretch tonight.

I am surprised I am not more sore this morning from my heavy back work yesterday. I need to work more towards to pull-ups.

My steak tacos last night were AWESOME. For the marinade, put 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, 1 c. orange juice, 2 cloves garlic, 1 t. cumin, and 2 cups cilantro into the food processor and chop it all up. Put a 1 lb. flank steak into a gallon size ziploc baggie, then pour in the marinade and let that sit in the fridge for at least an hour. Grill the steak, slice into thin slices, and serve with white corn tortillas, salsa, sour cream, and jack cheese. Oh, and make sure to squeeze a bit of lime juice on your steak before you eat your taco. YUM!

Morning buff ladies.

Angie sorry about the electronics problems. I can't even imagine living in another country. I glad you are feeling better. Great rotation for the week...RS is one of my fav.

Katie steak tacos sounds good. I may try that.

Today is the first day of my recovery/preSTS rotation
I'm going to do BM2 (Jessie's girl) and 1/2 hour class. stretch.

You know Cathe is the talk of the town on SparkPeople and Cafemom chat groups. I even heard that the Firm believers have something to say about STS...HATERS:p

b-oatmeal with grape-nuts
l-leftover tenderloin and coll.greens
s-orange and nuts
d-lemon bake chicken and ??
s-tea and popcorn

good morning everyone

angie, i wondered how different electronics were over there. glad you are feeling better. enjoy lic!

good morning katie. i love love love heavy back and bic work. yesterday with the gs abck and bis, i matched cathe or went heavier both rounds, except the 2nd time thru with bis i had to drop from 35 to 30 on the 2nd set of the slow curls.

robin, great menu today. what do you mean about a recovery week? i wonder if i should do that after ff's dec rotation before i try the jan one? what do you think?

well, i am still under the weather. feel slightly nauseous and shaky. i did not get much sleep last night either, so i stayed in bed this am. i HATE not working out first thing, but i will make it up alter today with my elliptical. i am upping my mileage again this week to about 35 miles. hoping to fit in a 9miler later this week and will try some speed work a la klaudia! work today, then dh will be gone by the time we get home:(:( we need to have a decision made by the end of the week and i am still going abck and forth. we have narrowed it down to getting out and moving to fla for 3-5 years and taking our chances with the economy picking up OR staying in and going towards andrew's in maryland for 3-5 years. hmmmm

bbl

Good morning!

So I was a total sloth yesterday. Darrin and I watched bad tv-Lifetime and basketball. I never did workout. Oh, well. Today is a new day! I have no idea what to do. I need to stop reading, I think. And I'm itching for new stuff. We just ordered a new book by Chad Waterbury-he writes on www.FigureAthlete.com a lot-so I'm hoping there's some good rotations in there that I can try.

Angie, I'm with Katie on the cooking. It's easier to feed the kids that way, too. I hope you get LIC in.

Katie, your tacos sound awesome! I am definitely going to make them-soon! And way to go on the 25#!! You'll be needing 30# sooner than you think.

Robin, are people saying a lot of negative stuff on those forums? Whatever!

Morris, I hope you can make your decision without too much difficulty. We're going through the same thing here. Darrin's sick of the snow work and wants a change. He'd love to move down south-Florida or the Carolinas where he can work year round in landscaping. He's worried about how I'd adjust without friends and family. I keep saying most of my friends are cyber friends anyway! And I keep bringing up Angie and her huge move to a foreign country and all that entails. I've never done anything like that before. I think it's about time!

Hi Kate, Anne, and Colleen!

b-cereal, fruit

Morning, everyone! Angie, I'm so sorry you were under the weather for your birthday. It sounds like you're feeling a bit better and that's great. We're doing mostly the same work outs this week, just in a different order. Here's what I'm doing:

Mon: CTX Power Circuit (done)
Tue: Kari Anderson hi/lo
Wed: SJP Step and Weights
Thu: Rhythmic Step
Fri: Boot Camp everything but core, ME abs

I can only work out 5 days this week, but that's fine.

Kate, how are you this morning? Feeling any better and not so overwhelmed?

Katie, those tacos look great! I love chipotle in adobo sauce. I'm definitely going to make those when I get back from vacation. And 2 cups of cilantro?! Yum, I love cilantro.

Robin, enjoy your recovery week. I'm not going to worry about work outs while I'm on vacation next week. The resort offers aerobics classes, but I doubt they would measure up to Cathe. We'll see, maybe I'll peak in, but I figure I'll do lots of beach walking and that counts for something, right?

Morris, you amaze me. Can you take a rest day (or two!) since you're not feeling well? And, good luck with your decision. That's a tough one.

Klaudia, sometimes you need to be a sloth, it's good for the soul. It's not like you get to do that every day! And, I lived in South Carolina for a couple of years, it's a great place. The culture is different than here, but interesting. I'm a firm believer in living in a different part of the country/out of the country just to experience the fact that not everybody does everything just like you do. I know you can learn that at home, too, but it's really obvious when you're away from the area where you grew up. Traveling does that, too, which is part of why I love it.

Sorry for the lecture!

So, I did CTX Power Circuit this morning. It's a great little work out. For my next rotation I'm thinking of doing 3 weeks of Slow and Heavy with CTX or 4DS for the cardio. What do you guys think?

Okay, I'll close this novel. BBL

Hi, Colleen!

anne

Good Morning Everyone!

I am excited because this week is STS week and they are forecasting wintery stuff for tomorrow so maybe I can stay home and work (Technically, I can work from home whenever I want but reaching people is close to impossible). We have flurries this morning and they already have the snow plows out. If we get everything they are forecasting, the drivers are going to be tired.

Morris, good luck with your decision. Andrews is close to me so at least you would know someone if you made that choice.
Angie, glad you are feeling better. I will be back later with my story.
Robin, I thought about doing a recovery week but decided against it. I might change my mind next week.
Anne, I am a cardio junkie so I don't think there is enough cardio in your rotation but that's just me. It should be fine.
Katie, don't worry about not being sore. I rarely get sore from back work.
Klaudia, I am jealous of your veg out day yesterday. It is nice to do that every so often.

w/o MM
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
s: 1/2 clif bar
l: chipotle chicken, grapes
s: edamame, clementime
d: tacos (I have ground beef so I can try Katie's recipe).

hellogirls!

this is gonna be a non-stop crazy day.

angie, take it easy! i hope all-day school goes well.

katie picked sexmax over lowmax!!!!!:D no wo, but im sure you got your hr up!:p

robin, i tkink when i finish my 1rms im just doing cardio & cs til sts.

anne, how was your weekend? almost vacation time!!!!

klaudia, im jealous of your slothfulness!:p and you are the furthrst thing from a sloth!

morris, im sure the extra sleep was needed!
what will dh do for work if he leaves the military?

wo today - versaclimber!!!! i's gonna sweat lots & lots!:cool:
eats - ??????? just praying i make it thru the day!! wlll be clean, i just cant plan right now!:eek:

Really quick, need to shower and go to the grocery store before we pick up Anna!

LIC done! It was SO good. I did really well (didn't push it) and enjoyed it. Burned about 500 cals and just felt all around healthy and strong. YAY!

BBL for personals! :)

angie

People are very excited about STS and is getting ready for it on Sparkpeople and Cafemom.:) They are dealing with the same issues like 1rm confusion, and how to incorporate kettlebells, Chalean's or P90X into STS. What I've read so far is positive.

Morris my recovery week is for resting my muscle and joints by not lifting weights. I think you should take an easy week or even a few days off so that you will be ready for the next rotation and you won't feel burned out.
Here is what I have planned:
tues-Amy Hi/lo
wed-pilates for athletes
thru-kpc and classical stretch
fri-off
sat-step machine cardio

Anne I think that would be a fun rotation (slow and heavy mixed with the 1/2 hour cardio).

Colleen stay home and work! If we get the STS this week I don't think you will be taking a recovery week next week.:)

LOL katie did you wear your HRM during your "workout" this morning:D

kate versaclimber how was it?

angie, great job! sounds like you had fun!

robin, whats yourpilates dvd?

vc was AWESOME!! i went for 20 min and felt like i was gonna die! but in a good way!:D loved it!
hoping for some stretching later.

eats are CLEAN AS A WHISTLE and it feels great!

drink your water!!!:D

Back from taking Nevena to storytime at the library. She's so funny-very quiet and observant til we get in the car, then she doesn't stop talking. Still have no idea what workout to do-HELP!

Anne, you always have great advice-I'll take it anytime!

Kate, good job on the eats and the vc! Now I want one!

snack was garlic bread pretzel nibblers:0
lunch will be leftover taco meat w/beans, cheese, salsa
dinner-Chinese in honor of the new year (have a dinner meeting with the wellness committee and the principal is treating:))

Hey ladies, quick check in, I've got to be in court in a few minutes!!

Kate, sometime's a girl's gotta so what a girl's gotta do;)
Robin, no HRM this time, maybe next time!
Colleen, we have snow in our forecast too, I'm so excited!
Klaudia, thanks for the encouragement, I really feel like I owe it to you!
Morris, hope you feel better.
Anne, your week looks good!

Klaudia, My girls are the same as Nevena.:)
Do some good HIIT!

Katie, Good luck at court! Any cute police officers?;)

eats are clean. I thought I wanteda cookie but I decided Iwas probably thirsty so I got a giant glass of ice water. craving gone!:cool:

I was going to do CS but Im babysitting my 3-yo nephew. def no CS!! maybe tonight.

Ooooh, gotta scoot! I have a busy night. Therapy at 4, then dinner with girlfriends at 6. I'll be back tomorrow.

Angie, great job on LIC!

anne

Hey all,

I've had a huge smile on my face all day thinking of Katie wearing her HR monitor this morning during her "WO!" :p:p:p

Anne, have fun at dinner with girlfriends tonight! Sounds so wonderful. Your WOs for this week look great! You're getting so close to vaca!

Klaudia, when in doubt do an Imax! :) Glad you had fun at the library. I have one shy one and one social butterfly. Ellie cracks me up because she talks a head off to the cashiers at the stores here and they can't understand a word she's saying!

Kate, YAY on VC and clean eats! You're my hero!

Robin, you sound like you are so prepared for STS! I can't wait to see what you all think. :)

Colleen, I hope you get to work from home and have a "relaxing" week.

Morris, I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. Take it easy girl!

Ok, movie time with Ryan. I love my husband. :):)

Night all...

urggg - not a good day here:( difficult work, worried about my mom in surgery, and dh is gone. i took it out on a jar of paenut butter:( i did do a long steady state on my elliptical with a book while kiddos napped, so that is good. also, it removed some of my anxiety that i know gets my eats off track. i am just super emotional now, and kind of weepy. does that make any sens??? probably not. enough about me. tomorrow will be better.

angie, have fun at the movies with dh:D you sounds really good.

klaudia, my online friends are the ebst i have. it does not bother me too much about moving and meeting new people, though i like the idea of moving near a fellow cathleit.

anne, where are you going with girlfriends? have fun.

kate, great job with the versa climber. i'd love to jopin you for cs later. maybe i will take kids down to the basment after dinner for that.

katie, havea good day! and i did not think you were really old, just not so young;)

robin, your week looks good. i only really do heavy weights for upper body. maybe i will do a week of all upper body weights after this week, like me, bm2, and pub? i wish i had sts coming. oh well - no point in dreaming of it.

probably be back tomorrow, after a long sweaty run. hope i am totally better by then. i ahte feeling yucky.

annr, havefun tonight! wheres dinner??

angie, enjoy your evening w/ryan. will you be needing YOUR hrm?!;)
how did school go?

i really wanted s'thing sweet (guess im fighting that today:confused:) so i had a slice of 9-grain bread, toasted,with cinnamon & sugar on top. mmmm! calmed the sweet craving and zero guilt.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.