*~*~APRIL 09~*~ Check In for THURSDAY, 4/9~*~*

Boingo1

Cathlete
Hey Everyone!!

5yjbztv.gif

Going to have another busy day. I have to shop for Easter plus my mom's 85th birthday present! What the heck to you get your mom for her 85th Birthday???

I am determined to get a run at the park in this afternoon, the sun is shining BRIGHT and it's going to be close to 60 later! i'm soooo there!
springsmile.gif

BBL!

Hi Chris & all who follow!!!

Gotta love Elmo :D

Chris I would think about some type of spa gift for your mom. When my mom who is 8o came over last year I took her out for a lil spa treatment - massage, pedicure & manicure she really loved the pampering ;)

I also need to go and shop for Easter today also after my workout though :cool:. I just dropped everyone off at school and decided to pop in here before I get started on my workout which will be CLX Push Circuit 1 and a Cathe cardio premix:p.

Yesterday we went out to the Capital city :) I love going there as that is where we plan to move to next year and got our youngest DD an acoustic guitar she had been nagging us since last fall to get her. Its really a beautiful piece who knows I may even try my hand at learning to play some chords. Now our son says he'd like a bass guitar so hopefully we can get one for him soon. We just wish he would have spoken up sooner as we had no idea he wanted to play.

Well off I go before I get distracted by being online which is far too easy for me to do - Hopefully I can BBL and chit chat with you all :)

Hugs to all

picture.php

Hi Chris and Vilma and all that follow!

Chris, wow, your mom is 85? That's awesome! From what you've said about her she seems pretty active. How about taking her somewhere as a birthday gift - like out to lunch or to a movie she wants to see? Hope you can get your run in. I did my Easter shopping earlier this week and it's still all in the trunk of my car (basket stuff). I haven't had a chance to bring it in the house without all the kids seeing me.

Vilma, sounds like a musical family! Has your DD had any lessons?

My legs are soooo sore! It really hurts to even lift them up or move around when I'm sitting. I actually tried to do Amy's In the Ring this morning, thinking it might help the pain, but I didn't do so well. I made it through, but I was hurting! My chest and triceps are still sore from Monday. Tomorrow I guess I'll round out the pain in my body by doing back and biceps! ;)

BBL...

Good morning! Wow, 85 -- that's quite a milestone! I don't know what to get my mom ever! I usually get her a gift certificate to chico's -- how lame is that?!

Vilma, all the guitar stuff sounds fun!

Joanne, I'm right there with you -- my back is sore this morning -- the biceps haven't bothered me too much yet, surprisingly. Do you think you went pretty heavy for your legs? You must have! I think today is the first day that my CST haven't been sore -- and it's almost time to do them again -- I guess this is why a split works!! :)

We are going to the indoor skydiving tonight for Travis' birthday -- even though his birthday is not til next week, it seemed a good thing to do during spring break since it's a long drive to the place, and plus I'm going out of town the weekend after his birthday -- sad to desert him like that, but I'll explain why after. Other than that outting, we are hanging out at home getting stuff done, hopefully!

have a good one! Oh, yeah, my workout. :p I did the all step premix on cardio fusion -- you guys convinced me to get it.

-Beth

Beth, that indoor skydiving sounds fun. Will you do it too? Happy early birthday to Travis! How old will he be? I didn't do any 1RM for legs - I'm just winging it. I didn't go too heavy except for deadlifts - I used 2 25s for those and for the squats - I either used 20s or 25s. For all the lunges and paper plate stuff I used either 10s or 12s. I'm seriously in pain here! Thinking of taking some motrin, but it makes me sleepy and I'm already tired. I looked at the card for Back and Biceps tomorrow and there's deadlifts on there! Don't know if my legs will be up for that! I'll go lighter for sure.

Yes, those deadlifts twice a week are killer! I didn't do leg 1RM testing either -- just winging it, and I'm sure I'm not going heavy as I need to be, but for whatever reaon, on legs I just don't care as much.

Travis will be ten -- we figured we should do something special for the decade. And yes, absolutely I will do it! I hope we all will, though Dylan is already saying he's not going to.

-Beth

Good Afternoon!

I did it!

Did all that shopping, including the Mall, Target, and 2 grocery stores. And then came home and put (most) of it away, and then got to the park for a nice nice NICE run. For some reason my glutes and hamstrings were really quite sore running, but I perservered and finished to end with a nice stretch in the sun! HA!

Yep! My mom is turning 85. She's doing remarkably well for her age, though she wishes she could do more. She goes out to rake her lawn (just little parts) because she enjoys it! She drives (short distances) and lives alone still & does all her own cooking and cleaning. She's the best! I ended up getting her bath & body works lotions, a pink Rubber Ducky and one of those mesh washing scrungie thingies. The boys "got her" a little yellow cutting board, and a monkey vegetable peeler (really cute at Target!).

Vilma: hey you! Back to business and CLX! And added a little Cathe to boot. Your day yesterday sounds very nice. My older son has an acoustic guitar he dabbles with, and my younger son has been interested in a base guitar too!

Joanne:
Is this your first week of Meso 2? My legs KILLED me the first one too. I'm like Beth though, I just kind of winged it with lower body. But the different exercises really got me, heavy or not. It did lessen up as the weeks went on though. I guess a bath in Epson Salt isn't an option? ... I think when it's my mom's REAL birth DATE (the 22nd) , I'll offer to take her to lunch or the movies. But I bet her "ticket" will be very full that week. She's got a lot of friends ..LOL!! I'll have to "take a number"...

Beth: It's funny what gets us. My back didn't hurt until week #4. And my biceps KILLED me for 3 weeks! ... Did you like CF? I looked at the link you posted of the skydiving place, that looks soooo fun! Not sure I'd do it, I'd have to check it out first, but it looks pretty cool

Gotta go do a load of laundry and then pick up Zach from Jazz Band.

Oh , a little question for you guys, a WWYD, if you will.

Zach changes specialties about every 2-3 months (he's in 7th grade). He had gym, and then World Languages, and Piano (music), and now they have him in Art. He really hates Art. Never was crafty (like my other 2 sons, who love crafts), never colored or drew. just "ain't his thing". He is very interested in Music though. Loved his music teacher, who I also met, and love the guy too. He's very gifted musically and clicks with the kids. For class they sit at electric pianos and learn music/songs. ... Anyhow (i'm babbling, sorry)... he talked to his music teacher who said if his parents filled out a special request form, then they could take him out of Art this semester and put him in his music class...

Should I do it? Should I have him exposed to Art even though he "hates" it? Or should I let him go to the specialty that he loves and wants to learn more?

Chris, I'd definitely go with the music and dump the art. If it was math or reading, that would be a different story. But, if he hates it he'll resent it the whole time and not enjoy it. Music is a form of art, so it's still a "creative" kind of thing. Your mom sounds like a hoot!! Good for her. Those sound like nice gifts - who wouldn't like a pink rubber duckie? :) I love that monkey stuff they have at Target. Ian loves monkeys and I had to stop myself from going crazy and buying monkey stuff for his room and the bathroom. Yes, this is my first week of Meso 2. So, it does get better, huh? ;)

Well, we were all healthy for a good while - now Caitlyn has strep throat. She woke up with a fever and DH took her to the doctor. At least we caught it early and she's on antibiotics. Hopefully no one else will catch it.

Beth, where's the link to the indoor skydiving place. I'd love to see it.

Joanne

Another vote for switching Zach to music -- they are both creative outlets, and both very good for our brains, but heck, if he doesn't like art, take the music farther. I think it's terrific he has that option! Do it and feel good about it, I say.

Ug.... I just typed in a long paragraph about your mom and my mom & Larry's mom, and it got wiped away. Anyway, I'll bet your mom stays "young" because she stays as active as she can and has a good social life. All that seems so important! If I don't have any friends around here in 30 years, I hope you guys will still write to me! :D

Joanne, what a bummer about the strep throat!!!! Travis also has a bit of a sore throat and cough, but I don't think it's much at this point. It's not going to stop us from skydiving, that's for sure! :) The place is iflysfbay.com. If we're able to get any pics or video, I'll try to post them, but you know how bad I am at that!

Chris, I have a funny story about all that you may appreciate..... when Larry was getting dressed this morning, I told him to put on some underwear he doesn't mind crapping in -- just kidding of course. He said, "why?" and I immediately realized he thought I was referring to his appt. with the dr. about the colonoscopy, which is also today, but I was making a reference to jumping out of an airplane.

I was just reading to the kids and fell asleep for a little snooze! Nice! I was out late for mom's night out last night.

Oh, I liked cardio fusion, by the way, but Kathe was right (see, that's how I just type her name!), at least I think it was her who said you have to be familiar with the steps. I should have done BM2 more recently -- it took me a bit but I jumped in and got it.

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.