*~*~*~* I'm MELTING on Friday *~*~*~*

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Good morning all! Just getting us started in Deb's absence. I wonder if she has Keegan yet? I can't wait to see pics!

I just finished KPC and I'm drenched. It's really warm and humid here this morning. It's supposed to be HOT and humid all weekend, with daily rain showers. Lovely.

What's everyone up to this weekend?

I better go check on last night's goings-on.

Me again!

Kristi - I hear you on the girls outgrowing things. Sophie just keeps getting taller and taller but not wider. She's about 4'9" now (she's 10) and weighs maybe a smidge over 60 lbs. I can't wait to hear where in Canada your parents are visiting. Maybe near me!

Leanne - how exciting that you might have a bigger workout room! And yes, I think doing Imax 3 at 7 a.m. over the guest room is a fine idea }(

Tneah - I can't imagine you teaching bible school!!! And I can't wait to hear about the new skincare product! Sounds exciting!

Lainie - how are you feeling today?

Good morning, Shelley and all who follow,
I'm about to do Boot Camp with my DH -- should be interesting.}(

BBL with a report and to chat!

Hooray for Friday!

Well, I just weighed myself and I'm back down one pound, but still up a pound from two weeks ago -- and my body fat has gone up on both my Tanita scale and on my hand-held monitor. :-( The weird thing is that I'm been really good with eating this week and actually felt like I've lost some weight. Tomorrow I'll go in for the body fat testing, though, so I guess I'll get the truth then. I'll either come home elated or ready to bury my head under the pillows all afternoon! ;-)

Last night DH *finally* asked his brother how long he's planning on staying with us, and BIL said he's "hoping" that it'll "only" be 3-4 months. UG! Thanks for listening to me vent yesterday!

Tomorrow I'll be meeting some of the San Diego Catheites for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, including Lorrayne, who's one of the RT coordinators. I'm actually really nervous since, even though I'm super chatty on-line, I'm another shy person. It'll be fun, but I always feel so self-conscious meeting new people! :-(

Shelley -- Thanks for getting us started this morning. I know -- it's going to be so much fun to see pix of Keegan when Deb gets him back home! I just love KPC; it's so much dang fun! How have you been feeling? And today is your short, summer day, right? Will you be seeing Karen at all over the weekend?

Kristi -- How cool that DH is doing BootCamp with you! Let us know how he likes it!:) Glad you liked Low Max yesterday! Were you OK with the step choreography? I think buying it is a good idea since it'll give you a lot more options. It's one of my favorites.

Lainie -- We've missed you the past few days since you've only been able to check in briefly. Sorry that the braces hurt. Sending you {{{HUGS}}}!!

Jennifer -- Any news about that phone call?

Shannon -- Any special plans for the weekend? Will you be able to work on your watercolor a bit more?

Kara -- How are you doing today? Are the aches and pains and pulls any better? How's the neck? Hope you're not overdoing it!

Tneah -- I'm still in such awe of you for tossing the dang scale. Wish I could do the same! Did you end up doing the push/pull workout yesterday? If so, how was it? Did Mitch get back alright last night? You'll definitely have to keep us posted on the product and on the book! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you:)

Kristi - let us know how BC with your DH went! Chris did P90X with me (just the weight work), but he would NEVER do a Cathe workout.

Leanne - 3-4 MONTHS??? Oh, girl. You poor thing! I couldn't stand having someone living with us for that long. Why on earth will it take him so long to find his own place???? Have fun at your San Diego GTG! Lorrayne is super-nice! You'll have a blast. I'm feeling okay, thanks for asking. Sophie and I are going to visit with Karen tomorrow afternoon. And yes, I'm done at 1 today. HOORAY!

Good morning, Melters!

Shelley - I'm glad you got your workout in today! Join the crowd - it's hot and humid here, too. I guess it'll be that way until October. Joy.

Kristi - does your DH like Cathe workouts? How'd it go with two people running all over the place, changing weights and stuff?

Leanne - I feel quite sure you will NOT need to bury your head under the pillows. Silly girl. :p You should tell your BIL that he has one month, and that's it. It's your house, so you should be able to call the shots. Yes, I hope to be able to watercolor some more and hopefully finish it up.

Well, folks, I really, really need to work out tonight. All these days off are really getting to me physically. My muscles were in knots last night, and I was fairly miserable. And that was even after doing some stretching! My calf does feel better, and I think it can handle something... I may try GSL, minus the calf work. And then low impact cardio tomorrow.

My yard really needs a good mowing. It's growing like crazy right now and probably needs it twice a week. :eek: I sure don't have time for that though. So tomorrow, I'll be outside with the mower for a loooong time.

Hey Shelley -- Hooray for a short day today! Glad you and Sophie be able to visit with Karen tomorrow. Will you be with her on Wednesday next week? Yes, Lorrayne seems like such a sweetheart, and I think tomorrow will be a lot of fun, once I get over my initial shyness!

Shannon -- Oh, sending you {{{HUGS}}} you poor thing! If you do decide to GSL tonight, then just be sure to really listen to your body and STOP if your calf starts acting up again! I wish I could tell BIL that he can only stay one month, but I just don't feel comfortable having that type of conversation. :-( I'm just going to carry on with my usual routine -- including starting laundry at 6:00 on Saturdays and I'll move my workouts to a bit earlier time.}(

Good morning everyone! I am on my way to do a kettlebell workout, but wanted to say hi to all of you first. My ankle is improving, head still hurts, and neck is so-so. I hope the kettlebells don't bother it. I will modify if need be. We were up half the night trying to rehook the kitchen sink plumbing. The drain holes in the bottom of the sink do not line up with the pipes which has created many problems! Ugh. We have half of the sink working. BUT, we found out last night that we are permitted (hopefully) to *rescue* Colin for the entire weekend! We may pick him up and head to Knoxville. I am trying to not stress over the disaster area in the kitchen and remember that being a good parent is more important. :p

Shannon--I am so sorry about no workouts/calf problems. Just take it slow and do what you can. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Kristi--Did you and your DH have fun??? }(

Leanne--3-4 months, eh? Is that what you were expecting? It is good that your DH brought it up though, right? Sticking with your routine is an excellent plan! Have fun at the get-together tomorrow! I understand your anxiety. Everyone will love you though!

I will check back after my workout!

Kara :)

Hey All :)

Shelley, thanks for getting us started. I wanted to ask about Karen yesterday, but wanted you to bring it up, so glad Leanne did.:) Glad you get some visit time with her, I am sure that will really lift her spirits, all that good energy!:D Hot and humid? Ugh. At least Vegas is a "dry heat"..that is always the running joke here...dry or not, over 100 degrees is just plain ole hot!}( Sophie sounds like a little lean miss she does. She is so dang cute.:)

Leanne, 3-4 months huh? That would be 3-4 months too long for me. Butits good you have a number now right? But still...see? That is why I tossed the dang thing (scale), your weight would go down, the bodyfat would go up, your weight would go up, bodyfat down on a daily basis! Not a good measure of anything and it made me nuts and grouchy. I have totally gained back some bodyfat, and will find out myself just how much next week...you will not be hiding underneath anything! I know you look incredible, and those SD gals are gonna love ya. I really wish I was going actually. I am shy, but can put on a good front...I am good at breaking the initial ice believe it or not.:7 Then I get all introverted...I know weird.

Kara, oh dear...my sage didn't work!:D Or maybe it did, it sounds like you are feeling a little better. Yeah! You get to see your "baby" this weekend!

Shannon, be careful woman, I do not want to hear any noise about you re injuring that calf of yours!I would be cautious with the standing static lunges, those can strain the calf muscles.

Kristi, yes, please let us know how BC with your sweetie went. I only wish my own DH would start a workout program...

Lainie, my teeth ache just thinking about what your poor teeth must be feeling right now!

Well I did the premix on Push Pull, the 46 minute one since I did not want to do the lower body workout involved, just upper. It was different, which was cool. I am playing around with a rotation I saw someone post on the Cathe thread I think. It involves working the legs three times a week with different workouts, plyo, heavy, and then a lighter one, the other two days, its upper body. You do cardio as you want. I really do not get into working a body part more than once a week at all, but wanted to see what it was like. So far? My legs still feel like they have not recovered from the first leg workout this week and today is supposed to be another one.
x(

Oh and I checked out that Red Carpet Ready Workout...it uses those little "furniture sliders"...I printed it out, you cannot buy it in book form. Looks interesting....OK, time to actually get off the computer and into my workout clothes, this morning I think I will walk it out with our beloved nasal queen Grace!:7

Hi, again,

Okay, so my DH was not a huge fan of Boot Camp, but he stuck with it and finished it. I sort of forgot the amount of kickbox moves it has, so I think he was a little frustrated by some of the moves, but his main frustration was all the changing of equipment, etc. As Shannon suggested, it was a little chaotic with both of us moving everything around. We didn't use any weights on our legs since we will be running 12 miles and biking 18 both tomorrow & Sunday. He also said he likes to focus more on one body part at a time and really work it out. He's done the Pyramids & GS with me without complaint, so I think we'll stick to pure weight DVDs from now on.

Shelley -- Here's what my DM said about their trip: "Our first stop is Pincher Creek, Alberta. Then we’ll either drive up to Banff (spend the night possibly in the famous Fairmont hotel there) and across to Vancouver via Kamloops OR take the low road across to Vancouver. From Vancouver, we plan to take the ferry to Victoria, BC. We’ll spend one night there at the Fairmont Empress Hotel and ferry down to Washington state from there." What do you think?

Leanne -- Good luck in your body fat testing. I truly hate my Tanita scale -- it's new, and I really cannot believe the number it gives me for body fat, plus it fluctuates so much one day to the next. I should just find Tneah's courage and toss it! Yea for DH for talking to his DB, but 3-4 months -- good grief! That's too long for any guest/non-financially contributing resident, IMHO. I hope you have an absolute blast tomorrow with the SD Catheites. The Cheesecake Factory is so dangerous -- at least you can all keep each other accountable. :9 I think I'm going to order Low Max, Butts & Guts, and SPJ/Step Blast. What do you think?

I have some questions for all of you about ordering DVDs:
1. Have you ever ordered from totalfitnessdvds.com??? Their prices seem good with no shipping? My DDs like to work out with me in the summer, but they want some dance DVDs, so I'm going to order Dance Workout for Dummies and some Hip Hop workout DVD for all of us to do together. I may also order them another Basic Step DVD; DD and I are about to do Cathe's Basic Step that came with my step. DD's going to use the real step, and I'll use my old Transfirmer.

2. Is there a downside to ordering Cathe DVDs from a vendor (such as totalfitnessdvds.com or collage video) other than Cathe???

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Shannon -- DH likes *some* Cathe workouts -- he certainly won't be doing more kickboxing or step any time soon :), but I think he'll be good with STS. I hope you get your workout in. Take care of that calf. It's funny how the body (& mind) reacts to not working out when you're used to it! Of course, mowing ought to be a good workout! I hope you have nice weather for that.

Kara -- I'm glad you are feeling a little bit better, and I hope you get in a decent workout. I'm covering my ears to your & Leanne's kettlebell talk -- I must remain strong against that temptation. Is your DH handy with the sort of work you are doing in the kitchen? Do the two of you work well together? My DH is very handy, but I mostly need to stay out of his way on big projects. :) Is Colin your son? I hope you have a good weekend and don't let the kitchen stress you too much!

Lainie -- I'm sooooo sorry about your teeth!!! Sending big {{{HUGS}}}! I hope you can take it easy today!!!

Tneah -- It's so funny that we are all so open and outgoing in these forums and yet shy in real life! You are so good to do cardio and Push Pull yesterday! Hope the legs survive today! Let us know how it goes.

Now I'm off to do Basic Step with DD, then to clean out my other DD's room. We did finish one DD's yesterday! YEA! We need to go out later and get some things for DH's birthday tomorrow, and the elliptical guy is supposed to come later.

BBL,

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Just had my pre-workout snack and thought I'd check in before getting my workout started in a bit. (Cover your ears, Kristi!;-))I'll be joining Kara today with the kettlebells and doing The Kettlebell Way workout for the second time. I'm looking forward to playing with the KB again today! Yes, having BIL stay with us for 3-4 months is a major drag, but at least now I know what to expect. :-( I keep telling my DH that he'd better plan on spending some time with me the next two weeks since we won't have much "alone" time after that.}(

Yes, isn't that funny how so many of us are so shy?! I think that's probably why we like the forums so much -- as a way to connect in person. You know, I also *hate* talking on the phone or making calls. This is embarrassing, but I lived at home in college, and even when I was in college I used to have my mom call to make any hair, etc. appointments for me. I get so nervous on the phone for some reason!

Lainie -- You poor thing! Once you get those groceries put away, I hope you get a chance to check back in and let us know how you're doing! Did you end up getting the invisible braces?

Kara -- Oh no! That sink mess sounds like such a disaster! Can you call in a plumber or someone to help get it properly installed? Hope that you're extra careful with your workout today! Let us know how you're doing afterwards, OK? How great, too, that you can "kidnap" Colin for the entire weekend. I bet he's really looking forward to it, too, and yes, the sink and kitchen stuff can certainly wait.

Kristi -- Too bad that DH didn't like Bootcamp, but it's so great that he'll do other Cathe workouts with you and that he's considering doing STS, too. Wow -- I can't believe how much you'll be biking and running over the weekend! You are definitely an athlete!;-) I don't have SJP/Step Blast (it's one of the ones that I really want to order!), but have heard great things about it. I love Low Max and B&G, and think you'll really like them. I don't think that there is any downside of ordering Cathe videos from a different vendor; if you order from Cathe directly, I think that the warranty is better on the DVDs, but I usually order from Cathe, Collage, or Amazon and have never had any problems. I know that Lainie also likes Advanced Workouts. Maybe you could post something on the Open Discussion section of the forum and ask others what they think. I've never heard of Total Fitness, and will definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip! What a nice mom you are letting Katie use your step. And I don't think you need to worry about body fat at all! You are so thin!:)

Tneah -- Yes, 3-4 months is 3-4 months too long for me, too! I'm so upset by the whole thing. UG! I may really need to come take advantage of that spare room on your boat! ;-) I wish you were in town to come to lunch tomorrow, too! :-( Oh, Push/Pull is another one of the few Cathe workouts I still don't have. How great that you liked it! Go easy on legs today so you don't overdo it!

Hey kids,

Its hot as the devil here--100 degree's.x( I did an itread #14, 60 minutes this am...it was just ok. I am a fast walker and was slightly bored with the straight flat walk for 60 minutes, there was one little hill at the end, but all in all, #14 is a runners dream I think...Shelley would like this one. Plus, the music is not my fave.

Kristi, I still think its cool DH even worked out with you at all! That is sooo sexy.:p I wish mine would. Oh, and collagevideo.com sells Cathe's DVD's plus they have really good customer service and a zillion workout tapes! Plus reviews which are so helpful.

Leanne, anytime chic, the room is open.;) Or at least come visit right? Push/Pull isn't worth it really, there are a few moves she does that are "new" or different than say GS...but I will not be doing it alot. Although I will try the supersets since I have not done that one yet.I do recommend SPJ though. I do not mind the hi/lo aerobics because there is no step to trip over!:7

SO I am kinda pissed, I am wearing jeans rolled up a little past my ankles, a cute pheasant top and these adorable floral print platforms right? So DH comes in the kitchen and goes, "Did anyone ever tell you that when you wear those kinds of shoes you aren't dainty? WTH??x( then proceeds to make a "clopping" noise. I just gave him a dirty look and said something about, "right, like I am the dainty type"...what I should have said was, "if you wanted dainty you shoulda married an Olsen twin jerk-off!"HA! So there. It just rubbed me the wrong way...I have always wished I was more the "ballerina type" of gal...but am not , nor will I ever be. Anyway, I still love him, but why do they say stupid crap like that? I never criticize him...really I do not, I hate to hurt others feelings.

Anyway, let me take my undainty self outta here...got a ton of errands today...bbl:7

Hi everyone! I survived the workout! It was tough. }( Then I forgot that I had to renew DH's license plates. :eek: So, I drive to the city building and realize that I forgot the emmissions clearance paperwork! I am so glad that gas is so cheap right now...x( We also found out that the only kids allowed to leave the Governor's School are those with *special* circumstances. Hmmm....I think a few families worked this to their advantage! We were clueless however and can only spend tomorrow with Colin. oh well.

Kristi--Yes, Colin is my son. He is currently attending a Governor's School about 3 hours away from us. He will be there for 5 weeks. We haven't seen him for 2 weeks and get to visit him tomorrow. It has been a bit traumatic for me! I am sorry that your DH didn't care for Bootcamp. My DH doesn't care for many equipment changes either. By the way, kettlebells are awesome...}( :7

Crud, someone at the door, will be back.

Hey all,

Kara -- Oh, I hate when that happens -- when you get somewhere and realize you forgot something. Frustrating! Glad you're doing alright after that workout! Are you *sure* you're didn't overdo it? Hope not! When I did The KB Way again today, I realized that I definitely feel those swings in my inner thighs, but I think I need a heavier KB to get good and sore. }( I was thinking that maybe I should spring for a 20-pounder at Target as a "treat" for putting up with BIL for the next few months. }( What a bummer that you'll only be able to see Colin for one day!:-( Hopefully it'll be a blast! How many more weeks is his program?

Tneah -- {{{HUGS}}}, babe! Sorry that DH was so insensitive. Men say the most awful things sometimes without realizing just how hard we'll take it -- plus they don't understand our unique fashion stylin's!;-) So don't let it rub you the wrong way -- go out and have fun in that adorable outfit! I love how cute it sounds!:) Thanks for the heads-up about Push/Pull. I think I'll save up for SJP instead!

Hi,
Tneah -- Your outfit sounds absolutely darling!!! I agree with Leanne -- DH's often speak first, think later! As long as you are following Tim Gunn's advice on pp. 100-103 to avoid the "elephant walk," you are awesome!!! :D (I saw you mention his book in Leanne's wedding dress post on the OD yesterday.:)) Btw, I took my DD to meet him at a Dillard's/Liz Claiborne event last month -- he is just soooo cute! I'd love to see your whole outfit -- you sound like you have taste and style that my fashionista DD would LOVE!!! I was LOL at your comment about my DH working out with me being sexy; that was not my thought today as I watched him doing some of Cathe's moves, but I will definitely keep it in mind from now on. It's a really sweet way to look at it!

Leanne -- I agree that Push/Pull isn't as challenging as some others, but I've only done the TV version -- it was not compelling enough for me to want to order it. Btw, I think you should get lots of "treats" for putting up with BIL!!! Thanks for the suggestion that I ask about that website on the OD -- I got several helpful responses.

Kara -- I'm sorry you can't have a longer visit with your son. I Google'd Governor's School -- it sounds like a great experience if I found the right thing, although a long time to be away. I don't think we have that in Texas. Are you able to talk with him on the phone or via the internet? How many kids do you have? You've mentioned your son and 10 year old daughter; do you also have little girl (in your Avatar)?

The elliptical guy came -- it needs a new motor b/c it is randomly going from the lowest resistance to the highest for no apparent reason. Ugh!

I'm off to run more errands -- first to the gas station. Double Ugh!!

Last edited:
Kara -- OMG!! The WEIRDEST thing just happened. One of my DDs got a wrong number phone call for someone from a Dr. somebody. Anyway, I called back to let them know it was the wrong number -- it was someone calling someone who had applied for the TEXAS GOVERNOR'S SCHOOL!!! I guess we do have that in Texas. I'm really surprised I've never heard of it; my girls are G-T, score well on tests, and make high grades -- who knows. Anyway, I just had to come post this because that was way too weird!

ETA: It's apparently a 3 week program for students who have completed the 10th grade. This is only the second year, and it's just science & technology.

Back again…

Shelley—Wow, you are redoing a bathroom? You are brave! Of course, seeing what you did with the pond, I am sure it will be gorgeous! Yes, I will post pics of the kitchen upon completion! The problem I have with the drywall above the backsplash is that it is not even with the multiple coats of paint on the drywall above it. I lack good sanding skills, so think tile might be the way to go. Of course, cost could be a prohibiting factor…Sophie likes camping, huh? Do you? Do you ever get a chance to take her hiking? Hiking is so much fun and what I miss most about Utah. Are your cramps better?

Leanne—I understand about your DH wanting to “pay back” the kindness. My DH feels the exact same way. I always tell him that it is important to be supportive, but not a crutch. Sometimes family members need a gentle nudge not a cushion, know what I mean? It is an ongoing *discussion* between us…I think purchasing a 20#KB is wise. I did Keith Weber’s workout today and I use that weight the most. You have that one, right?

Kristi—I will post pics of the kitchen when it is done! I don’t blame you for not wanting to go back into a stressful profession. Sometimes it just isn’t worth the sacrifice. It is wonderful that you have been home for your daughters. I am sure they really appreciate it! That is so freaky about the phone call! Most of the kids in the program are between their junior and senior year. Colin is in one for Emerging Technologies. It is a lot of work, but interesting. They went to Vanderbilt on Tuesday. They had EKGs performed, spoke with a nuclear physicist, and fooled around in the lab. Colin and Emma are my only children. Emma is 3 in the pic on my avatar. I have it up there to remind me how I used to enjoy her independent spirit (she has her shoes on the wrong feet). Now, while I appreciate it, it is more trying.

Tneah—Thanks for the info on hormones. A few years ago I took a physiology course and learning the different phases and levels of hormones were my favorite part. Unfortunately, my memory sucks and I couldn’t remember any of it! Ugh. I love hearing about all of your company’s research, etc. It is fascinating. I wish I could pick your brain for hours! What is Red Carpet Ready Workout? I am sorry about your DH’s comment! Your outfit sounds great! Who wants to be dainty anyway? You are strong and beautiful and don’t forget it, K?

Lainie—I hope you feel better soon!

Kara :)

*clod-hops into thread*:7 I know, I know, let it go already Tneah!;)

Kristi,, I simply cannot believe you had the chance to meet Tim Gunn...and he was sweet too? Oh my, I would love to force him into my closet and have him help me weed through it! Thank you for the "elephant walk" reference.;) I will have to look that up.:7 I can actually walk in heels and platforms really well...the ones I wore today flipped flopped on our marble floors for some reason, most of my shoes do not do that...plus DH hates prints on anything...tough ####.;)My outfit is fabulous thank you! That is NOT to say I could not use a little of Timm's sage advice on how to navigate a heel.:p

Was it Kara or Kristi that had to go the dang DMV/registration place? Me too! Well I had to go racing all over Las Vegas to register our "dingy" a small little "cousin" boat that we keep next to our bigger one. I was sent on a wild goose chase, plus the navigation in my car is not updated to reflect the new roadways, so it got me lost...I am horrid at directions, and am dyslexic with right and left as well as numbers...so I finally find the place, and they tell me I have to do some tax thing at the state office, I finally find it, and the wait is 3 hours! Uh, be back bright and early Monday morning thank you very much.

Then I went to get my toes done...the wait there? Over an hour! Not my day, let me tell ya.:p

Kara, sorry to hear you will not get to whisk Colin away. It was the same thing at the boarding school I went to when I was a freshman in high school. Parents could visit, but you could only leave campus a few times a year...hum, was I in jail?:7 I was kind of a difficult kid!

Leanne, you are right of course, but my DH has NO tact whatsoever when it comes to what he does not like. He does those passive aggressive things, you know what I mean? He will not say anything but I can tell he wants to, etc....I am more the let it all out and get it over with type. He would be content if I spent the rest of my days in large oversized shirts like he wears, high waisted mom jeans and sneakers.x( I know! Its really disturbing.

OK, I just had a few rice cakes, spinach and some fish for lunch, yummers. What did you all have for lunch, or rather dinner? Any big plans for tonight? I know my DH is gonna have to be extra nice to me the rest of the day...the twerp.:)

Now I feel like I need to get that Tim Gunn book! It sounds like fun, and I'm intrigued by the elephant walk . . . .

Kristi -- How freaky that someone called about the Gov. School today (cue Twilight Zone music . . . .)! I'd never heard of it either until Kara mentioned it, and I'm curious if we have it in CA. That's great that you got some good feedback about that workout video website. I'd never heard of it, and it looks like the prices are fantastic. Thanks for the info on Push/Pull; I think I won't get it, esp. since STS will hopefully be out in the fall. Are you and DH still thinking about ordering it? Did the elliptical end up getting fixed or does the motor have to be ordered?

Kara -- Yes, post some photos when the kitchen is all finished up! It would be fun to see, and I bet it looks gorgeous! Yes, I have Keith Weber's DVD, but haven't tried it yet. I was hoping to do The KB Way a few more times before trying Weber's, but I think I might go for it later this week. I'm not scheduled to do Weber's until next Saturday, but may move one more KB workout into my week. It's just so much fun! I think I will go pick up a 20-pounder this week . . . . I also really want to get Newport since you said that it was awesome, but I'll probably have to hold off on that one for a little bit longer.

Oh, Tneah -- you are *so* not a clod-hopper! You're lean and svelte and strong! But . . . you should still make DH be extra super nice to you tonight!}( He probably just doesn't want anyone else checking out that hot bod of yours. Don't you start wearing gunny sacks just to please him!;-) What a bummer that all those places had such LOOONG waits today.

Oh, I love food talk! Since I've been at home so much lately, I've been wanting to snack, even though I'm not hungry. Tneah, your lunch sounds yummy. I've been having really light lunches lately. Right after my workout, I usually do a protein shake (I used to just do them on weight days, but started adding them after cardio, too, as a nice treat), then I'll shower, then I've been eating a couple of protein pancakes toasted with some natural PB on top as the second "course" of lunch. It's been really yummy -- and I'm trying not to go overboard with the PB!}(

For breakfast, I'd been stuck in an oatmeal (with Lean Dessert protein powder mixed in) rut for awhile. Now, don't get me wrong -- I love oatmeal (I can hear Tneah saying "yuck!" right now ;-) ), but I needed a break, so the last couple of days I've been having two multi-grain waffles with some low-fat ricotta (mixed up with a little protein powder) and some natural jam or berries on top. It's been tasty!

We're getting our usual Friday night pizza tonight. }( Are you, too, Kara? What is everyone else having? Anything yummy and decadent?:9

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.