**Wheres all those fit, fab in our 40's Gals??**

idream

Cathlete
Well?

Where has everyone got to?

I've been working long terrible hours, but i promise, weather permitting (we are on high alert for wild fires for the next 24 hours or so) I will get in here. Whos going to join me?

Hello Andrea!

I'm still here! Still not working out and developing a nice belly :confused:

The end is in sight though - I may be able to work out again before the end of this month!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that there are no more fires.

I'm here!

Good morning, Andrea and Ronne! We have a rare thing (for Georgia) -- no school due to weather! Hooray!

Actually, there is almost no snow on the ground, the sky is blue and the sun is shining. However, it's below freezing and there are some scary icy patches on the road. I guess that's why school was canceled. I know about the ice because I had to take DD to the doctor this morning. :(

Anyhow, I did Disc 7 of Mesocycle 1 (first disc in the 3rd week). It seemed much more challenging than last week, so I suspect this whole week is going to be tougher. The push-ups never ended -- we did way more than 100! (I'll have to go back and add them up).

Anyhow, I've got two kids home today, so I've got to run, but wanted to say "hi" and let you know that I'm here!

"Hi" to all who follow!

Ronne - you are going to have to post some before and after pics, of the "project". I can develop a tummy, with or without working out!

Kathyrn - So far everyones complained (well grizzled ) about those darn pushups. So she must do heaps of them. Good on you for getting to the end!.

I'm here! I was out enjoying our beautiful weather! It's going to be 72, PERFECT! I cleaned out the flower beds so that I can see my crocuses blooming. I'm hoping I have more ME time this week! :D

I did disc 11 today...only one more disc to go until the end of Meso1. Uh, and it's legs...I've been getting serious DOMS from teh leg workouts in STS. I think I'm a bit more worn out too as I took an extra rest day yesterday.

Ronne, why is it that everything goes to the belly? Oooooh I can see DOMS in your future once you get your remodeling done!

Kathryn, I'm ready for a recovery week, are you? I didn't think I'd need it but boy I'm feeling tuckered out.

Andrea, stay safe with those fires! How's CLX going?

Mary, A bio-medical engineer is someone who designs artificial body parts, like pacemakers, hip and knee replacements, etc.

Hellos to everyone I may have missed, I've been kinda out of it lately. :eek:

Hi everyone! Hope you all had good weekends! Busy here, kid stuff. We had to sell Girl Scout cookies yesterday. I did manage not to eat any tho! Lisa, jealous about your weather, no snow here, but soo cold! The wind is biting! That would be an impressive career for your son. And an important one for the world. Disc 12 isn't too bad, b/c you know you are done for a week! Today I decided to do a Firm one I have never done, poor choice on my part! I felt like such a ding dong, couldn't follow right, I have been spoiled by Cathe! Andrea, hope you are safe. We missed you last week. Hope that work eases up. Kathryn, it was 182 pushups, (I counted!) Your kids were probably so excited about your weather day. I know my kids run to the tv if it snows to see if we are off, but now they do automated phone calls. Ronne, I'm working out and I still have my belly! It might be those peanut m&m's! Have a good night all, Time for homework! Mary

Hello everyone!

Lisa - I'd welcome DOMS with open arms at the moment! Enjoy your rest week. Hope the weather stays nice for you.

Mary - 182 pushups?!!! Eeek, that is just frightening. Well done on avoiding the cookies at the weekend!

Kathryn - hope the kids enjoyed the day off. Just wondering if you've been tempted to drop a dumbell on DH recently while you've been working out?!;)

Andrea - any news on fires? Hope work isn't so crazy for you this week.

I went to Pilates last night and felt so much better. It's amazing the difference I feel in my abs. I feel inches slimmer than I did yesterday - it's all in the mind, isn't it?!

Hi, girls!

I did Legs and Glutes Xtreme Premix and the STS ball abs today. Tomorrow is my day off -- Hooray! (Yes, Lisa, I'm ready for the so-called rest week!)

And Lisa, you have summer weather while we have the bitter cold and snow! That's such a hoot, because you're in a cold climate, and we're not!

Ronne, I'm trying to work out a truce with DH. Life will just be unbearable otherwise! (But don't tempt me with that DB idea!)

Mary, years ago I had a personal trainer tell me that I needed to break my peanut M&M habit (I loved them -- I ate a huge bag a week!) if I ever wanted to get in better shape. So I gave up my M&M habit... and replaced it with a Hershey's dark chocolate with almond habit instead! I'm hopeless! :D

And is it really 182 push-ups? I can't believe it! And I saw a thread on the forum from somebody who was sad that there are no push-ups in Mesocycle 2 and 3. Well, there's no law that says you can't just drop and give yourself 50 anytime you want. But I'll be glad to be past them because my wrists get so unhappy!

Andrea, thanks for the encouraging PMs. I really needed a pep talk and you helped so much!

Well, DD is home sick today and hanging around, looking for some entertainment so I guess I have to go. Have a good day, everybody!

Hi girls.

Ronne I've never thought of the dumbell being dropped on the head before! What a great suggestion!! LOL

Lisa Tell me more about meo one. Does it focus on legs mainly? Aside from the 182 pushups!

Mary I'm currently going through my peanut M&M's phase. Just love em. But i read Kathryns post and I am going to try (TRY) try to break the habit.

Kathyrn I hope you are feeling better.

Re the stomach issue. I'm currently trying hip hop abs and Turbo Jams abs. Adding those workouts in with the CharLean. The workouts are relatively easy (I need to get the advanced ones) but you are shaking and jiggling those hips and abs! I'll keep you posted.

Any of you guys on Face book?

Forgot to give you our weather report. Last night it was terrible, strong winds, fires popping up all over the place. Then at about 10pm the winds died down and I've woken this morning to discover its rained over night! At least I think it was rain! Kinda forgot what rain was, havn't seen it for such a long time

Hi ladies! Another warm day here, I hosed out the garage from all the snow uck that gets dragged in.

Andrea, I wouldn't say STS focuses mainly on legs at all. I think I'm just pushing it harder on the legs than I've done on other workouts. That along with different exercises. The plyo leg workouts are really fun and different (I've only done one). Oh and the paper plates really add a different dimension to the exercises too.

Well, I've gotten interrupted again, so gotta run for now!

Hi everyone! Lisa, it was 12 degrees here this morning! If I hosed anything it would be an ice rink! Andrea, so glad about the rain for you guys. I wish you didn't live on the other side of the world, then I could send you Meso 1 to try out. I had a lot of fun with it! I don't think I will be able to give up my m&m's, I would rather give up a meal than those! I rationalize that the peanuts do provide me with some protein! You are funny about the facebook, in the last week, we have gotten about 6 calls from friends telling us we HAVE to get on facebook! We are still from the 20th century! Kathryn, hope your little one feels better. And I hope things thaw with the DH. I sometimes wonder why they always have to be right and have it their way, men are no where as compromising as we women are. I'm sorry that you have to go thru all this. Hey Ronne! Where has Murphy been? Have a good night all. Oh, I did get some cardio in today. I will be glad when this rest week is over. Just plain cardio is not my favorite at all, I miss the weights a lot! Mary

Hi everyone,

I am back. I had a crazy, crazy week two weeks ago and last week I just did not feel like doing anything. I got in my STS' but only b/c I want to stick to the program. If it was a regular monthly I would have fallen and stayed off the wagon. This week has been difficult to stay motivated too, but I have been trying. I think my problem is lack of sleep and why-won't-my-children-sleep issues. Anyway, I am getting the exercises in and eating okay. I had hit a plateau these past weeks but this morning saw a difference in the scale (decrease) so I trying to hold on to hope. On the upside, a co-worker noticed my weight loss so that was good. Hey, now I do feel better. :)

Anyway, I hope to be back and checking-in on a regular basis again. I hope all is well or at least bearable for everyone. Take care and see you soon.

PS - 182 push-ups? Felt like 882 push-ups!

Hi everyone! Ah, I'm done with Meso 1 !!!! Now comes the trick of trying to figure out what to do for my recovery week! I just can't do nuthin! I will rest on Sunday for sure with the time change and then getting up Monday to go skiing for the last time this winter.

Not sure I'd call it winter here right now, I went out in a t-shirt today, in fact I could have worn shorts! March is supposed to be our snowiest month, I'm sure it will hit soon. With my luck we'll get some nice snow AFTER I ski.

Andrea is now my friend on FB, it's so nice seeing her smiling face!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day...can you tell I'm feeling good (albiet tired)....sunlight and warm weather does wonders!

Hi Murphy we must have been posting at the same time. I swear I'm more tired doing STS too! I've had some erratic sleep too, Andrea even noticed when I posted on FB. That's great about co-workers noticing!

Hi girls. I'm really enjoying these hip hop abs. I'm sure I'm not doing it right, but now that I've stopped feeling self conscious and silly I'm having a ball! Just letting myself go! LOL, Watch out! Don't anybody stand too close, you may get jiggled on!;)

Lisa You are right, I'm thinking WHAT IS THE GIRL DOING??? I hate that sleeplessness, up and down all night. I also find that a nanna nap on the afternoon doesn't help me get to sleep at night either, BUT I need the nanna nap! To at least get some sleep.

Murphy - Hello! I know, about those weeks you are having too. Hang in there, things improve ............eventually.

Kathryn - Hows your daughter? I've showed your workout room to hubby, I may not get one quite like yours, but hes agreed to build me a workout room. Don't know when, but hes agreeed, I'll keep hounding him until its built.

Mary - You sound like me! Peanuts are good for you, lots of protien! I've been good and havn't bought another packet of peanut MMs I keep thinking of Kathryns trainer! Thanks for thinking of me re meo 1. I don't know how everyone managed to do all those push ups! Well done to you all!!

You know, when you are lifting heavy weights, it makes you HUNGRY!! We all need to eat 6-8 small low fat, low carb meals a day. And almonds would probably be the best choice of nuts, and only in small doses as a snack.

Hi all

You STSers sounds like you're having a great time with it. Did you have to buy a lot of new equipment or did you already have what you needed?

Andrea - glad to hear that the fires kept away in the end.

Hope all of you missing sleep get to catch up on it soon. Kids not sleeping is the worst thing!

I was going to do some yoga last night but we didn't have any lights in our lounge so that was out of the question! Oh well, at least I've got tap class tonight so I'll be doing something. Work is really going to get busy for me over the next few weeks so I might be a bit more erratic posting.

Hope everyone has a good day. :)

Hi all,

I got in another STS yesterday and ab circuits. Today is stretch/yoga day. I am so glad to be done with the push-ups. I must say that I was able to do more and felt good about it. With that said, if I never see any push-up... I hope all is well with everyone. Take care and talk to you soon.

Ronne - I did not have to buy any new equipment but I did. I bought a weighted vest and the over-the-door tubing. I had some other tubing but did not have the piece that fits in the door. I have a chin-up bar but am not strong enough to feel like it is effective. I figured I could do the tubing. Plus, I needed it for anything dvd. The vest I bought in anticipation of the last mesocycle (squat racks discs) so I really could have weighted but I went ahead anyway. Oh, I did buy pace weights but I neeed them regardless of STS. I had everything else.

Murph

Hi everyone! Today it is beautiful. 50's, after 12 on Wed., the weather is so funny. I need to get to my cardio yet today, I have been procrastinating, the mail, bills, paper, wash, anything but cardio! Murphy, are you done with Meso 1 yet? I'm itching to start 2 on Mon. Ronne, do you take tap dancing lessons? That would be fun! Andrea, almonds would be a much better choice. Do they make almond m&m's? Lisa, what are you doing for your rest week? I am afraid with this rest week. I haven't taken this much time off weights for a long time, I miss them. And my knees are a little cranky with all this cardio! Kathryn, how is all with you? Hope everyone has a good day, I need to go turn on my tv and get busy. Mary

Just a quick post to say HI. I plan on doing KM later.

Mary, having the bike really helps when I need those low impact days but still need cardio. I plan on doing the bike Sat and nothing on Sun so that I'm hopefully fresh for skiing. My right knee has been getting twinges in it lately so I want to make sure it's rested up.

Ronne, Do you do much dance? I've only taken jazz as a kid and, well, let me tell you it wasn't a pretty sight. I don't think I have that graceful look, I'm not limber at all either. I envy people like that!

Murphy, I bought a couple of frisbees for the paper plate slides, other than that I think it's stuff I already had that I'm using for STS. I didn't buy a weighted vest though, I plan on linking my ankle weights together for a weighted belt. I probably may buy tubing over the door sometime in the future.

Andrea, sounds like you are having a blast with your workouts. I woke up at 4:00am again today....sigh.

Katherine, how's it going in your neck of the woods.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.