**ONE DAY AT A TIME FOR 2013**

cbillekop

Cathlete
Happy New Year to everyone!

This thread was oringinally started for people who have chronic health issues that may prevent them from working out regularly.
All are welcome:)

Here's to a healthier year!

Happy New Year Renee

Very happy you enjoyed Hardstrikes & loved using your gloves!
What will be your next XTrain?

Cathy

I think i am going to do the chest shoulders one because its first on the 90 day rotation if im npt mistaken. Im gonna try very hard to stick to a rotation. That is one new years res! To finish a rotation. Bbl to,tell you what i did and how it was!
What did u do for New Years ladies?
Me ,
DH and Dear son had a couple from DH job over til 1130 but then at 12 it was just us and we all huddled and got a hug then went to bed lol
We usualy have not stayd up for it the last 4 years.. We wanted to do something different.
My NY R is eat bettter, stick to a rotation, be more organized, try to remember more fam members bd! Lol help volunteer at nursing homes and feed the homeless. Have to tiths my time some
, not sure if you guys understand what im taking about.

Today was a 23 min. Walk & a 25 min. Stretch

Renee: I wish you the best with your New Year's resolutions
& hope you enjoy your next XTrain workout as much as you enjoyed Hardstrikes!
I didn't make any resolutions for this year!

Nice job on the walk Cathy and stretch i need to stretch more.. I get into yoga then forget lol
I did disk 1 chest back shoulders w 100 challange. I love love this one to. I think so far this series is the best ever. In this wo she used fairly light wejghts compared to usual. But i went lighter then her of course but i still got a great wo. Im sore in my lats and rear delts already.
Did you get xtrain ?

Today was 68 min. of Yoga for opening the hips.

Renee: Glad you are enjoying & having fun with XTrain. Mine hasn't arrived yet & it will probably be next week or the following week before it comes!

Cathy

Wow wonder y u havnt got urs? Where do you live?
Im excited 1 cathe talked to me on the forum 2 when i thought i heard a song i suggested in back shoulders and chest i felt like hey..i requested that song i think i hear rod stewart! Sure enlugh she said it was .she took that list on that thread we were suggesting and the dj tried to put it together! I did feel like i had a close friend keeping me in mind! She is so nice.
Oh today i did cardio leg blast.

Last edited:
Today was 21 min. cardio, 17 min stretch & 12 min. meditation

Renee: How did you enjoy Cardio Leg Blast?

Cathy it was wonderful. I cant use barbell so that was great. Plyo i have never tried before on legs it was just enough that it didnt cause the knees to hurt. I never get a good kind of sore hardly on lower body. But i tell u 8 hours later i was feeling good sore. Today i find it had to move my lower half :) n it is not my knees, bones or joints its all,muscle! Thats the sore i miss! Music was great, so where do u live? Im shocked u dont have xtrain yet.
Tonight im hoping to do HS that is what is on calender.. I dont have to work tomorrow so if i dont get to it til 9 tonight im gonna try anyhow. Got to losen up the legs some

Renee, that is great your knees loved Cardio Leg Blast!:cool:
I'm so happy this series is working for you!
I live in Canada!:)

Today was a 30 min walk w/dogs

Take care

Hardstrikes last night tonight is bi and tri. Im also cleaning my closet and my batroom moving furniture. I have cloths i need to get rid of alot.. Depressing because im to fat for them.

Today turned into a rest day!

Renee: I'm so sorry about your clothes! You don't think hanging on to them until you see if XTrain helps you to lose the weight?
Great on Hardstrikes:)

Take care

Well Cathy its been fives years worth of cloths, i was a size 3 and have gained and gained even believe it or not some cloths from one yr ago are to little! So depressing... When i go back to doc im gonna demand they help me find out y im gaining . I had 3 then 5 then 7 then 8 im not even gonna tell ya what i ware now! So crappy. Time to get even more serious. Xtrain and absolutly no snacks after 7 at night. Mayb i should lock myself in my br at night. Today is legs wo.

Hi all

I see our checkin is back. I hope all are well. I was very sick with the flu for about a week, and my neighbor brought me to the doctor who gave me an antibiotic and cough medicine. I always thought that antibiotics did not work on the flu, but I became better after taking it. Now that I have no exercised for over a week, and I am going to start slow.

I have the Amy Benti hi lo, and it was a workout I had a long time ago, but she was putting them on the discs that has the purple back and it didn't work after a while. I am only going to do it for as much as I can, and then I will try some lower body stuff.

Renee, you can be physically fit without wearing a size 1, and try not to beat yourself up about it. My son says you know your diet is clean when everything does not taste good, and I am afraid it is true. You have to cut out all rice, potatoes, and pasta, and you can get all your vitamins from fruits and veggies. Then all meat and fish has to be lean, and you cannot fry any of it. Sounds boring, doesn't it? Oh, and I forgot, it helps to do cardio every single day with only one day off. I try to do about an hour, and then 30 minutes of weights, and I alternate upper and lower body.

Last edited:
Caitlin, Welcome Back & Happy New Year

Today was a 30 min. Walk/Hike with the dogs.

Renee, I hope you find some answers & something that will work for you

Caitlin, sorry you had the flu & hope you're feeling better!

Take care
Cathy

Today i did low impact hiit and hardstrikes my son came over and he did hardstrikes with me it was funny cause i gave him my pink gloves he was sweating good! He liked it and he is really muscular.

Any way Caitlin im sorry u were sick! I know ill never b a 3 again. And yes i am watching what i eat i just need to tighten it up better. Im back on mfp tracking fat calorkes and sugar. We will see.
Oh did you not order xtrain?

Cathy good job on keeing up with exercise! Thats awesome. How is your family doing? Mine is ok DH had drill this weekend. So i made roast n potatoes n carrots for him got hot coffee ready after he showered. He said he was in heaven he got to eat in bed. Lol i know it was in 20 last night and they were in the field... Ive been there, done that i know how yukky it is! So i wanted to take care of him when he got home.
Anyway i think low impact hiit feels like cardio supersets with way better music!

Last edited:
Today was a 35 min. walk/hike with the dogs:)

Renee: Absolutely great on 2 workouts! You really are enjoying this series! Hoping mine comes this week! As long as the weather is good I prefer to be outside though!

Take care
Cathy

Lov the walk hike! Id love to find a nice placr to go hiking soon. That is always fun.
Can u beleive, I AM ON day 1 of week 2 ! Lol i am so happy to have lasted a week lol. Not much of a big deal but for me it is coupled with i have not gotten up n night and eat. Anyway i hope i can keep it up . Well tomorrow is cardio leg blast .. Night

Renee

I am very short, so I have to keep myself under 120, and it is very hard to do that. I am still building up so today, I only did 35 minutes of step, and I had to do it on six inch step because I am not totally better. When I see my internist on Thursday, I am going to ask him to give me another round of antibiotics because I was so incredity sick that I was flat on my back for about a week. I began to do my arms, but I could not complete so I just did my back and no triceps or biceps. I probably will not be able to work out today, as I have a doctor's appointment at one thirty, and I might be totally beat after taking car service there, and then I have to walk over a half mile to get back to where I live. This doctor's appointment is for getting sleeping medicine and anxiety. My kind neighbor who first took me the doctor said I might even be a candidate for the emergency room. I hate the emergency room, but I think that I was so so sick that I took the antibiotics the wrong way. He said he would try to drive me there tomorrow, but he is very sick himself himself. You know what I said about Jabba the Hutt, who just sits and smokes all day and does not even clean her own house. Her partner John has to come and clean the place after working all day. I did my wooden floor today on my hands and knees, and I also did the kitchen floor that way. After doing all of that and taking care of my own place, I have to try to take car service to the doctor, take car service to the pharmacy, and then I cleaned the floors in my house on my hands and knees. I have a Bruce hardware floor that got flooded and it broken, and I did the entire floor with Murphy's on my hands and knees. My doctor's appointment on Thursday is to get pain killers which I cannot take every day, but my kind friend told me to get the stronger pills, and he would drive me out to Long Island to get the pills. His back also hurts a lot, and the V.A. won't give him pain pills unless he is in the hospital. I was very worried about him, and he was five days in the hospital himself. I saw him today, and he looked exhausted, and he could not promise to drive me to my anti anxiety doctor tomorrow. He said he would try, but I am not counting on it, as he looked so totally exhausted from being sick and from being in the hospital. When he saw that I was so sick, he wanted to take me to the emergency room, but I hate the emergency room so much, that I just got the antibiotics which I think I did not take correctly because I was so sick. So when I see my internist on Thursday, he told me to get the stonger pain pill, and he would drive me out to Long Island to set up the first visit, and then you only have to do it through the mail to get better. I was so worried about him, and he looked kind of lousy, so I knew he was still sick. This is the first time in about five years that I was sick like I was. Thank you all for reading.

so far i am in week 2 day 2 of Xtrain and i am so happy i am sticking to an orderly reutine. a real rotation.. i start off with one and have the best intentions only to get distracted by a step aerobics or somehting not on the list then i get comfused of what i am supose to do then i am siting for 15 minutes looking at my dvds. lol So it is refreshing to NOT think about what wo to do that day i look at the list for the day and do it, i have to say i have way more energy doing this then i did following my own sorta mess.. Does anyone know what im talking about? I usualy do my own thing and i am so tired but doing the rotation so far i am energized!! why is that? Is it because it gives my body the proper what ever for that day or what? love it so far oh guess what???? i see some shoulder bump when i look down my shoulder too lol, i have been lifting but i am weeing some...something going on!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.