**Crazy, Strong & Loving it for 5/11**

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Hi and good morning girls,

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

I will do UB with the tubing today. I will take a walk if it stops raining

Have a great Monday and workout! BBL!

Today was Biceps and Triceps. Had a great workout. So far I'm liking this setup.

Did the warmup from Gym Style Back, Bi's & Shoulders. I like the treadmill warmup better so I'll stick with that from now on.

1 minute rest between each exercise and set.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
55# - 3 sets/8 reps
***This was a good weight. By the last 2 reps of each set I was starting to struggle.

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
20's - 3 sets/10 reps

Hammer Curls**:
22's - 3 sets/10 reps
20's - 8 reps
15's - 10 reps
12's - 10 reps
***After 3rd set there was no rest. Went right into the drop sets. Biceps were burning.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press:
70# - 1 set/8 reps
75# - 2 sets/ 8 reps
***Probably could have done 80#. Last set was starting to get hard.

Weighted Bench Dips:
55# - 3 sets/10 reps
***Felt these. Love this exercise.

Lying Dumbbell Extensions**:
20's - 3 sets/12 reps
15's - 10 reps
12's - 10 reps
10's - 10 reps
***After 3rd set there was no rest. Went right into the drop sets. Triceps were screaming at me!

That is all.... :cool:

Belinda - How is your nose doing? Did the bleeding stop?

Morning! I did BM 2 Cardio Blast and combos 2 and 3 from Patrick G's Step Up. I burned 869 calories. I will do abs this afternoon. My arms are still weird from yesterday's terrific workout. I really love the pace of Meso 2 much better. My right knee is still a little sore from earlier this week- weird. It doesn't seem to matter if I workout or not, so workout I will! It isn't serious, just one of those things that comes and goes.

Belinda: Take care- I know you are so beyond frustrated. WTG with sticking with some sort of exercise. :)

Hi Debbie!

Good Morning,

Tonite is Push Circuit 1. DH bought me some 20lb dumbbells so I can go alittle heavier on some of the exercises and I plan on buying heavier tubing.

Belinda-sorry to hear about your mothers day that is horrible

Debbie-have a good day and great workout as usual

Patti-glad to hear you are enjoying this cycle it makes it alittle easier to do when you like it.

Everyone have a good day.

Good morning everyone,

Today was the third week of Meso 3 - Chest and Back. I still can not believe the weights I am using for this. yikes! Yesterday I ended up not taking a rest day and instead I did part of Amy's Hi/Low Kickbox workout. (such fun! love the music!)

Basement is still not done...I won't even go there. I will post pictures though as soon as we have it completely set up.

Here are my eats so far today

Brkfst-homeade banana muffin
Snack-handful lightly salted mixed nuts and grapes
Lunch-pb sand, carrots and grapes
Snack-almonds and tomatoes

I guess since some of you post your meals, I will do the same.

FOODS FOR TODAY

Low Calorie Day

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon pancake (post workout)
M3: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. PB
M4: Turkey patty w/avacado & provolone cheese on 1 slice whole wheat bread
M5: 1/2 c. yogurt mixed with cilantro salsa (not sure I'm going to like this!)
M6: Salmon; salda w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. PB

1456 calories
50.5 g. fat - 31%
134 g. protein - 37%
119 g. carbs - 33%

The calories are extremely low from what I'm use too but I feel like I am eating good portions with each meal. We'll see how I feel at the end of the day. I changed my cinnamon pancake to 2 egg whites, 2 tbsp. oats, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. agave nector. No PB. I changed the chocolate pancake to 2 egg whites, 2 tbsp. oats, 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa, 1 tsp. agave nectar, 1 tbsp. PB.

I'm getting away from the Nesquik sweetener that the chocolate pancake calls for. We'll see how it tastes with agave instead.

Hey Girls!

It's Monday! :)

I got up after sleeping about 4 hours, and onto my "Recovery Week" after STS. Planning on cardio and running as much as I can, and stretching. I ended up doing CTX: Step & Intervals. I'm not sure I've done this one before (the series is a new one to me). It was fun, kind of like a mini-Step Blast! And then I did Total Body Stretching #1, which focuses nice on the lower boyd. My legs and hips feel very tight today.

I had a crappy Mother's Day. It was really just a regular weekend of working, and kind of sucked. I was sad on my way into work. Plus my boys weren't so attentive to me, they only wanted to go outside and play with their friends! I cried on my way to work. My DH had to work the entire weekend too, and I told him not to worry about getting me anything, and he didn't! (except a card). Another reason I cried! Can't please me!

Belinda: Sounds like you had a crappy day too on Sunday!!!We could have a pity party together!

Debbie: your workout sounds tough today! Nice heavy weights there!! Oh, I like that you're posting your food journal. Do you make one pancake with that recipe? I love it! I've changed over to agave nectar too (since the first of the year). Have limited my use of equal/splenda big time.

Patti: Good cardio today! Oh, I kind of forget what Meso 2 was even like! I have to admit, i think I liked 3 the best!! WOW! 70 lbs! That's heavy!! good for you!!

Roxie: Have fun with the 20's! How did you make the banana muffin for breakfast? Sounds good!

Karen: Meso 3 amazed me! I loved it!

Off to get some laundry folded and wait for my 2 younger boys to get home....

Chris I bought the muffin at a bakery but she makes them lowfat.

I did't eat the almonds an tomatoes had a late lunch just now finishing it.

Debbie-I am always interested in seeing your meals. I do it for feed back.

Debbie: your workout sounds tough today! Nice heavy weights there!! Oh, I like that you're posting your food journal. Do you make one pancake with that recipe? I love it! I've changed over to agave nectar too (since the first of the year). Have limited my use of equal/splenda big time.

Chris, sorry you had such a rotten Mother's Day. Don't you hate it when you tell your spouse not to get you anything and they don't! LMAO! Now if my dh told me not to get him something for Father's Day would I listen? Absolutely not. I'd get him something. Why can't they do the same for us??? :rolleyes:

Anyways, yes, that makes one pancake. Both of the recipes make one pancake. I really like the cinnamon one. But I have a chocolate tooth and need chocolate during the day so I'm hoping the one I'll make this evening will be good.

Chris - Sorry to hear about your crappy weekend! :( You are not alone though. Although I don't have kids - we do have a dog - so I am still a mother - I didn't get anything either. The basement was supposed to be done this weekend - didn't happen. DH had to work Saturday night so my Sunday was spent pretty much alone and I had to be quiet so that I wouldn't disturb his sleep. I spent the afternoon pulling dandelions out of the backyard! (I got my flowers myself!) :p
Oh, and its funny how men have such selective hearing. Had you told your DH it was his turn to do the dishes he wouldn't have listened to you at all! sigh. You should just go buy yourself something nice and not feel guilty about it!

Good evening ladies~;)

It looks like everyone had a great workout today, WTG!!!

Here's my workout today:

Cardio Coach Volume 3= 45 min.
Calories burned= 553
Distance= 3.09 miles
W.up (7:59) 113,135 BPM
Challenge1 (6:02)BPM on Sprints-136,139,139,141,139
Challenge2 Sprints (10:10)BPM's 149,148,146m143,149
Steady State2 (3:10) BPM's= 148
Challenge3 (2:56) BPM's on sprints= 149,150,147,149
Ending Steady State (4:30)=145
Steady State 3 (5:01) cool down BPM= 99
Stretch=(5:01)

I felt really great on this run, Cardio coach is always awesome and fun.

STS- Disc#31, Meso 3, Week 3= 68 min
Calories burned= 528

Ab Hits- CrossTrain Xpress- Kickbox Abs only=12 min
Calories burned= 82

That's it for me today, see ya all at tomorrow's check in!:)

Hugs!

Nora

Thanks for commiserating with me and understanding me! karen, that sounds sad too, totally get why you were bummed!

I know, I was driving to work,thinking I should NOT have been such a cry-baby when at work there were women with cancer on my unit, who were terribly ill, and couldn't be home with their families. I wanted to be grateful for what I had... but still felt sorry for myself!

Well, it's over , and onto a week of hopefully bright cheerful sunny weather!!

Debbie, that pancake sounds so good, I'm going to try that very soon!!

See you tomorrow!

Workout complete here are my stats:

Push Circuit 1
Standard Bicep Curl 12lbs/8reps up 1 rep
Standard Squat 20lbs/8reps up 5lbs
Single Arm Tricep Extension 10lbs/8reps up 2lbs
V-press Biceps 8lbs/8reps
Single Leg Squat 15lbs/8reps each leg
Overhead Triceps Extension 20lbs/6reps up 5lbs down 2 reps
Hammer Biceps 10lbs/8reps
Heel Squat 15lbs/8reps
Pushups 11reps on knees

33min
5 in the zone
113 avg hr
141 max hr
146 cals burned. Not enough cals burned but used heavier wts on some exercises.

Ab Jam
9min
5 in the zone
127 avg hr
158 max hr
51 cals burned.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.