**Are you Melting? It's Monday!**

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I was up at 4:30 and did an I-Tread walk. Just want to get the thread going for today. I will be back at work after 2 weeks of being away.. I am not looking forward to thisx( . It's windy and rainy here, all the snow has "melted"..

Anyway, have a great day.. I may be back a little later after breakfast etc to see if anyone has checked in.

Deb:)

Hi Deb!

We had a lot of rain yesterday, but we still haven't managed to get rid of all our snow.

I have legs and abs on tap for later today and it's our Family Day off, so I'm making grilled veggie lasagna, salad, sourdough bread and apple pie for dinner! Anyone wanna come over?

In answer to Deb's question, no! I was melting quite nicely, but the last week reversed all that. Dang.

In answer to Shelley's question, YES, I'd love to come over.

I'm all done with the housework I planned for this morning and am waiting for breakfast to settle before working out. I'm going to try some kind of low impact step on 4 inches. Then maybe a Gym Style upper body. My knee seems to get better in "spurts." I had a spurt last Sunday, then another on yesterday. I even put some weight on it this morning while scrubbing floors. Catch you all later.

Morning Ladies!

We are back in Las Vegas now. Back to my "normal" routine with George and stuff which is good, I like routine I think.:)

However, on the drive back I lost one of my crowns, popped right off!x( Gross, at least it doesn't hurt, or effect eating, its way in the back. My dentist is off today, so will have to make that trip tomorrow.Yeah.
Didn't stop me from eating yesterday, I ate a little of this and a little of that, stuff not on my diet plan to be sure, but I didn't care. Today, I am back to my diet plan, but will take one day a week and eat whatever I want, I have to do that for my sanity. Not sure what I am going to do with the exercise thing yet, I talk to Mr. Trainer man this week via email I think. Not looking forward to it really. Its alot of of exercise and the ole body is starting to rebel and hurt a little. Although I know my endurance is better than before. How could it not be though?

Deb, its hard to get back in the swing of things after being away isn't it? At least you started the day with a nice workout though.:D

Robin, why are you on your knees scrubbing for heavens sake? Thats what mops are for right? That cannot be good for your recovering knee.

Shelley, your planned dinner sounds delicious:p Sourdough bread is divine, just divine. And apple pie? Oh boy!}( Oh, the package is in the mail later on today when I get out and run errands.

Hey to all that follow...I have legs/calves on the menu today, I rested yesterday so it should be a good workout. BBL....:)

Good morning, everyone!

So did you all check out the blog with the new cast members' photos? It looks like it'll be a nice addition, but I still just love the regular girls! I think that it'll be really strange to see so many new faces, but I guess that variety is good.

We've got a holiday today, but it doesn't quite really feel like a holiday since I have to do work/grading all day and then hit the grocery store. Ah, well. Today I'll also be doing a HIIT workout, followed by PS Legs (probably not the best thing to do since both will hit the legs pretty hard).

We ended up getting a veggie pizza last night for dinner when we went out with my family, but I'm feeling a bit depressed about it today since I really did want to get back on track with my eating -- and those leftovers sure won't help! I'm thinking, though, that I'll eat just one slice for dinner tonight, along with a sweet potato.

Deb -- Sorry to hear that you're back to regular work at the office today! Did it feel nice, though, to get your regular workout in?

Shelley -- I'd love to come over for dinner today, too! Sounds delicious! Did you and Sophie go see that movie yesterday? How was it?

Robin -- How great that you were able to put some pressure on your knee! Let us know how the low impact goes!

Lainie -- Sorry that you're feeling a bit homesick!:( How are you feeling today? Still sore? I also still owe you an email! I promise to get to it soon! Hey again, Lainie -- We just posted at the same time, too! Sorry that the boys are still so sick!

Tneah -- How are you feeling today? Are you still feeling better? I hope so! Are you back in Vegas now? Hope you and DH got home safely! Hey Tneah -- We were just posting at the same time, so wanted to say that I'm glad all three of you got back safely. But oh no -- not another visit to the dentist! Hopefully it won't be that bad!

Hi to Shannon, TK, Emily, and anyone who follows! I'll check back in later!

Hi everyone. Isaac still has fever and Ewan still has a runny nose. Now my own throat hurts again. Argh! We're going to take it easy today and stay at home. The boys will probably stay in their footie pajamas. They're so cute in those. :) If Isaac is still feverish tonight, I'm going to take him to the doctor tomorrow.

You know, yesterday I did only 4DS LIS cardio on a MatStep and my right knee feels worn out today. It doesn't hurt exactly, but feels sort of wobbly and it's creaky. Ugh. I won't have any physical therapy this week (other than my home exercises) because of the kids being home all week.

I've decided to blame DH for my not melting. That man is so picky about his dinners. And he also insists on having lots of chips and crap in the house. Of course, for a while I was pretty good about cooking separate food for myself--not putting creamy sauce on my chicken or just steaming mine while I cooked there's in the sauce. I need to bust out the steamer again and get serious again.

Today's workout is supposed to be upper body and abs. I might do one of my lighter weight workouts or I might do Karen Voight's sculpting yoga workouts, which work arms and abs pretty well.

Deb, sorry the weather is so unpleasant. It's rainy here but we're supposed to have a high of 61 today--it already feels great out there temperature-wise.

Shelley--ooh, I wish I could come over--that dinner sounds absolutely divine.

Robin, good luck with your workout and your knee. I wish mine would behave so I can get a better workout in. x(

Tneah, have I told you lately how much I like the painting you sent? I also like it because I see it and it feels neat to have something physical from an online friend--like it makes our whole group seem more real, if that makes sense. It would be nice to have more local friends, but you guys are a pretty good bunch for online buddies.

Hello to all who follow! Probably BBL.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hi guys, just wanted to say hi to Lainie and Leanne.:+

Thanks Lainie, I really am touched you like the painting, really.:) I do know what you mean...I love our little group here, even if its online! I have often thought how cool it would be to write a novel about all of us...we could totally embellish it and stuff, but we are each so different but all have the the same goals, fitness, eating better, etc...I don't know, sounds kinda corny I know, but it could be really, really cool. Get better and I am sending get better vibes to your little rugrats.

Leanne, for crying out loud woman, it was only a veggie pizza. Don't go there. I ate chocolate yesterday, my stepmom sent me a heart filled with them! I enjoyed one piece, picked at two more, gave DH 2 pieces and tossed the rest--that is what I have to do, call it "damage control".}(

Looks like we alot of us have legs today...I like getting them done early in the week. Its that dread factor I hate, so getting them done and finished early in the week motivates me the rest of the week, nothing is as hard as a good leg workout.

OK. I wasn't gonna mention this, because I know I need some professional help in this arena, but here goes. I weighed myself this morning, on my scale here in my bathroom, the one I use on a regular basis.

I lost 1 percent more bodyfat, it said I am at 16% now. I gained only one pound since I last weighed, but the bodyfat went down, which means more muscle I guess. This makes my reaction on the boat seem even more ridiculous and stupid. I refuse to be a slave to this bull-Sh**t and let it control my emotions like that. I have to find some peace inside with the body thing. And in the meantime, will eat a friggin carb if i want to eat a friggin carb. Boy, does God have a way of showing you how foolish you can be or what?

tneah, your meltdown on the boat is history. Don't think about it anymore. I'm glad you've decided to give yourself a day off each week. Maybe your 12 week challenge will have to be a 14 week challenge, due to the days off, but it sounds better for your frame of mind. I know what you mean about writing a book about us. I've thought if the same thing. Maybe we should each write a chapter? How cool would that be? I've been writing a story about a dumb but nice girl named Pansy for about 3 years now. I actually sat at my desk and wrote a bit last week.

Leanne, I understand about your day off not really being a day off. I see how much time DH puts into school work on his days off. Even though he only "works" about 28 classroom hours a week, he puts in at least 20 hours when he's home in the evenings or on weekends.

Lanie, so sorry to hear everyone is sick again. It's so hard to stay healthy when you have small kids catching and bringing home every virus in the book. I'm lucky my DH isn't picky at all. I'm the guilty party who bring chips, cookies and junk into the house. If he wants something and it isn't in the house, he does without or eats it at work.

I did Low Max step only premix on a 4 inch platform. I didn't sweat much, but the knee felt pretty good. tneah, I scrub my floors on my hands and knees because they are all so small, I really don't need a mop. I didn't put my full weight on my knee, but it didn't hurt at all.

I'm going to go ice now and decide whatelse I want to do with my day.

Hi again ladies!

Pie crust is made, bread is rising and laundry is on.:)

Leanne - don't beat yourself up over veggie pizza!!!!

Tneah - I'm glad you're back to your routine. I love my routine and get very anxious when anyone messes with it. Can my chapter of the book be all about sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll?

Lainie - I keep meaning to tell you that you should get in touch with Debbie (Boybert). I was talking to her about you the other day and she's only about 30 minutes from you. Her little boy is 3. I bet you guys would have a blast together!:) Oh yeah, and my SO went to the store yesterday for something and came back with a package of 24 of those little powdered sugar donuts. I LOVE THOSE THINGS!!! *sobs quietly*

Robin - I'm very glad that your knee is healing so quickly! I think that's a testament to the kind of shape you're in:)

All right, back to work!

Whew. I'm worn out for this being an easy day at home. I've been hauling more wet cardboard boxes out of the basement, washing sheets, taking recycling out to the bins, blah blah blah. Pretty soon I have to get up and feed the kids and myself. I think I'll have some veggie soup and follow it up with some greek yogurt with fruit & honey stirred in.

Tneah, I agree with Robin--that boat meltdown is in the past so don't beat yourself up about beating yourself up. Stay positive and every day is a new day. Glad your results are better than you thought!

Robin, glad your knee felt o.k. Isn't it annoying to not really put maximum oomph into workouts because of having to take care of your knee? I used to ramp up the intensity on low impact workouts and make them more high impact to burn more calories. Now I have to do the opposite and modify high impact to low impact. x(

Shelley, you know, I've noticed Boybert's posts and she seems entertaining--love her avatar, in fact. I didn't realize she was near me, though. And oh, powdered donuts are definitely a favorite of mine, though I generally manage to avoid them. My DH brought home a box of donuts on Saturday morning and I confess I had one. Just one, but still. There were no powdered, though, or I wouldn't have stopped at one. After the one I had a couple slices of toasted Fiber One cinnamon raisin bread, which is pretty good stuff and low points (for weight watchers, which I'm attempting again).

ETA: I've put some more workouts for sale on Amazon. I'm being very tough on myself culling through unused DVDs. You can see them at http://www.amazon.com/gp/shops/index.html?ie=UTF8&sellerID=A2OF7SCGY4SA82

ETAA: Any of you on Facebook? I recently joined and I like it much more than MySpace (though I still have a MySpace page, too).

My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

Hey all,

Wanted to give my own quick review of Tracey Stahles walking workout DVD.
I loved the lower body work, but hated doing the upper body, I have to concentrate on walking fast uphill, I don't need to mess with 3 pound dumbells while attempting this!:7 I really liked the rest though, although admittedly, I do hold onto the rails when the incline gets to 15 percent and I am walking 4.0! I cannot keep up if I do not, i would shoot right off the back of my treadmill.:p I got a fantastic workout though, I think its worth it if you own a treadmill...

Lainie, you are always so busy.:) Take a rest darling, when your little ones are asleep. I have heard about Face Book, never been there though, I am not that internet savvy.:D

Shelley, you are making bread from scratch? I am so impressed with the group here, will have to bust out my kitchen aid mixer and make some Challah bread for DH, who by the way is on another 'I am on a diet, therefore I will not eat" kicks.x(

Ok, off to run errands and walk Georgie...oh, and Shelley your chapter can be all about sex, drugs and rock n roll! Mine will be the "nut-job" woman with body issues chapter.:p

I'm very glad none of you turned up for dinner, because it was a complete disaster. The bread was burnt, I used a new kind of noodle for the lasagna and it sucked, and the pie wasn't up to my usual standard.

I'm going to sulk now.

Shelley, let me tell ya, that burned bread woulda gone over perfect in my house!:9 We love burned stuff--I have to bake everything and cook everything very well done, DH will not eat unless there is almost a crunch factor happening--prime rib being the only thing with a little juice left!:) I bet no one even noticed, and I bet your lasagna was fabulous, and how can apple pie ever be bad? Mine always falls apart, so I warm it up, serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and call it a cobbler! Sorry you are upset though.

I know what will cheer you up. I thought in a moment of sugar-starved madness I would find candy that was sweetened with Splenda right? So I found some-- everyone's favorite Easter treat-Peeps! They arrived today, good sized these Peeps, and 3 chicks contain only 60 calories. Right away I popped three of them into the microwave to "puff up" and ate them. YUM. They tasted like the real deal. Now, being suspicious, I looked at the label a little closer. Along with the Splenda, the other sweetener was sorbitol. Not sure if you all have had any experience with this sugar alcohol, but you cannot digest it-- sorbitol tears up your intestinal regions so bad. I have spent my afternoon alternating between letting out very unladylike "fluffies" and running to the bathroom....OK Robin, you can be the very wise woman (I refuse to use the word older, thats your call), you can impart a few words here...

I'll help you out..how bout, "Tneah, you dumba**!:7 Eat the real deal or don't bother!!!

I think I'll do my leg workout at home tonight....:+

Hey, ladies!

I just have time for a quick pop-in before dinner, but wanted to say hi since I probably won't get a chance to check in tomorrow!

So what character can I be in our book? I have no idea! How fun it would be, though, to really write one together!

Shelley -- Sorry that the bread didn't turn out! I bet everything else was delicious!

Tneah -- Peeps, huh? I love those things, but eating just one practically brings on a sugar coma for me!

Robin -- You are the wiser woman, but not older! We're all young at heart! That story you've been working on sounds so interesting!!

Lainie -- Sorry that it's been a tough week for you still!

All I can do is slowey shake my head, with a small, knowing smile, at tneah's Peep debacal. I may have to give up the word wiser though, because I'm pretty sure that's not how you spell debacle.

Leanne, obviously, you will be the intellectual - the beautiful bombshell hiding behind the hornrims.

Shelley, hugs over the dinner debacle. (Acckkk! There's that word again!) You win some, you lose some.

I just finished GS C&T. Now I'm going to veg on the couch watching mindless TV until DH gets home. Tomorrow, you melters, you.

Shelley, my step-dad used to call anything burned "burnt offerings". He would come in the kitchen and say something, "Are we having a holy dinner?" and I'd say, "What?" and he'd say "smells like burnt offerings." Groan. I'm with Tneah, though, I like burnt stuff (some burnt stuff--I'd probably like burnt bread. I love my bacon really really crispy burnt-ish.

Tneah, ugh, Peeps--I think they're gross in their usual form much less with Splenda and sorbitol. Ick. I'm getting a tummy ache just thinking about it. Sympathies, though.

Leanne, I agree with Robin, you can be the intellectual since you're our prof. However, you'll be the prof who's tough but fair--with the heart of gold. :)

Robin, "debacle" looks right to me. You can still be wiser, though.

And what role do I get to play in the book? Probably the shy, clumsy oaf with a hidden zany side.

Ooh, I thought Lainie might play the fabulous, eclectic, free spirit with wild wanton red curls, who comes from "old money" but refuses to live the stuffy life her parents wanted her to...she is friends with Warhol/type artists,has several different lovers (but never kisses and tells) and lives in the village. :) Cool.

I love Leanne as the sexy bombshell behind the hornrims--think Demi Moore....oh very nice.
:)

Shelley wants the sex, drugs and rocknroll character-- I picture her an Angelina Jolie type (before she started collecting children.) Wears all black, dark sunglasses, and eats men up like Skittles and then spits them out with a smirk on her face. heehee.

Oh, I could go on and on, how fun! Start writing Robin-Lainie!

Hi Gals. I'm really late checking in today. You'd think that being off today I'd have been here earlier! This morning was Christi Taylor's Step Heaven, followed by Dentist Hell in the afternoon (getting fillings replaced, ugh). It's bad that when I go to the dentist office the whole staff knows me by name.

Leanne: I was lucky enough to have been to both the 2005 and 2007 Road Trips. Cathe's gym is pretty close to where I live, less than an hour's drive. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to get a spot at the next one but won't count on it! It was insane how fast it sold out last time! Did you get much of your necklace done over the weekend?

Tneah: Imitation peeps? I don't even like the real ones. Yecch! Did you ever get a chance to take the boat out while you were there? Hmm, and I'm not sure what my part in your book would be. Maybe I could be the eccentric neighbor. The smart-mouthed old lady wearing overalls working in the back yard with her power tools. Think Weesie in the movie 'Steel Magnolias'.

Lainie: I've not been melting much lately either but I have no one to blame but myself! I just needed a break from the melting, but will be starting up again over the next two weeks. Does Fiber One make cinnamon bread? How many grams of fiber does it have per slice? I am on Facebook but have not put a lot of effort in it. I've found a few old friends there, though. Some strange people with my same last name keep adding me to their friends list on occasion but other than that my list is pretty small.

Deb: Over the weekend you said you had to clean the bird cage. I didn't know you had birds too. What do you have? BTW with Absolute Kickbox, I didn't even do the core work at the end. The kickbox and combat drills alone works the core quite well. After doing GS Chest and Triceps the day before there was no way I could do additional core work on top of it!

Shelley: You can send all the crispy bits to me too! I'm sure the meal wasn't as bad as you said though. It's gotta be better than the Lite Spam and microwaved eggs in a tortilla that I had for dinner tonight.

Robin: Do all the workouts you feel up to doing, but on the hands and knees scrubbing floors? What are you thinking woman? I had to LOL about bird watching because it reminded me of something. DH is a city boy so he is so clueless when it comes to wildlife. One night while walking the dog he swore he saw a penguin. I had to buy a bird book to show him the 'penguin' he saw was a night heron. Just a week or so ago, he saw a zebra in NJ but that's another story....

I'm sure I may have missed people, but I'd better be off and start setting up for my weight workout tomorrow. DH is on jury duty so he'll be underfoot in the morning. It really messes up my morning routine when he's still in the house when I get up!:(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.