** 12 Week Challenge Jan 4th/ Week 1**

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Challengers!:)

Up and on my 2nd cup of coffee. Not sure what time I will fit my workout in b/c DS is up with me. He may go for an early nap or I may put my workout off until this afternoon.
Either way, my workout will be GS B,S,B,a 3-5 mile run and Imax 3 Intervals 6-10.

Amelia** I thought about you yesterday. There is another TM on sale this week for $499, I am tempted to buy it myself but I wouldn't be doing very well with my new years resolution if I did!

Im not at work today so eating should be alot better. There are no cookie and candies laying around on my counter!

Have a good day everyone!

Lori:)

12-Week Challenge Check-in * Doing the Happy Dance!!!!

Challengers:

Good morning! Happy Friday! :7 I am doing the happy dance! :7 I discovered my formula for success:

Cathe’s 4-Day Split + eating every 4 hours (4 times a day) = 4 pounds down in 4 days! :7 Glory! :7

Yes, 4 is one of my favorite numbers. LOL! I started my fitness journey on the 4th of July. I will be celebrating my 5-year fitness anniversary on the 4th of July this year, and I would love to be 100 pounds below my top weight that morning. I am 34 pounds below my top weight as of this morning, and a goal of 11 pounds a month is very doable for someone my size (especially with the Biggest Loser challenge starting next week at church)! I am on target to reach my goal for this 12-week challenge too! Yippee! :7

I was surprised that the scale did not budge last week after my cycle, a fast, and a week of consistently fueling my body with nutrient-dense food, but it was a recovery week. Many people report that diet is 80 percent of the equation. Nutrition is only good for maintenance in my experience. My weight responds favorably to Cathe’s workouts! I love Cathe! :7

It is time for my Friday morning cardio party! :7 Cathe is waiting for me with Rhythmic Step. I need to return later and share my workouts for the week. I am rejoicing because I have finally discovered an enjoyable and natural way of eating that I can live with for the rest of my life without obsessing over food all the time. I am bursting with energy, and I am more satisfied with my meals and less preoccupied with food overall. I peeked at the scale this morning to make sure I was not gaining weight because I am simply eating when I am hungry and not counting calories. I am in high carb heaven too. For some reason, my body thrives on a plant-based way of eating with plenty of carbs and fiber and very little animal protein. I am drinking plenty of spring water too and taking Emergen-C every day. Did I mention that I feel good?! :7

Oh, I had a mental breakthrough too before I even stepped on the scale. I was inspired by my “before” pictures for this challenge. For the first time, I looked at myself and saw my future destiny instead of my present reality. I can see my potential and visualize what I will look like when I break free from this fat cocoon. I believe this is one of the reasons why it is easier for someone who has been fit in the past to lose weight (after a pregnancy for example). When you have been overweight most of your life, it is hard to see yourself any other way. This is huge for me because I am visually motivated. When I get a “vision” of how I want a room or cluttered closet to look, I am inspired to make it happen! And I do!

Girls, we need to stay on track over the weekend! Put your game face on, and get your game plan ready!

Lori, have fun with IMAX3! I love the dancy choreography!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: 12-Week Challenge Check-in * Doing the Happy Dance!...

[font color=green font size=+2]Good morning! It’s FRIDAY!

What are your goals and plans for this weekend?
Weekends tend to be a challenge for many people, but go into it with a plan.
Plan to succeed.

Week 1 is almost over!
Picture how you want to feel at the end of 12 weeks.
Week 1 is a mini goal…..week 12 is the ULTIMATE goal!!!
[/font]

OK…for me. This morning’s workout is DONE. Gym Style Legs with a heavy barbell. I’m slowly increasing weights to really max out!

I have to be quick, sorry! I’ve got a busy day today, so I won’t be back online until later this afternoon!

Heather-WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dedication and CONSISTANCY! That's what it takes! Keep up the good work.

Lori-This enabler is whispering [font color=red]BUY IT![/font]

My weekend plans include cardio tomorrow morning (iTreads, most likely) and Yoga on Sunday.

KEEP ON TRUCKIN’!

Good Morning challengers

Todays workout is going to be a cardio,some type. Not sure yet!

Lori-where did you see the TM? Are you going to buy it? Go for it,ya know you want to;-)

Heather,Thats Fantastic news!! Congrats on the weightloss!

Gayle-Love all the fancy front colors,i was unable to do all that,LOL...Great job on GSL!!!

Hey to everybody below,Have a great day and I will try to check back in this afternoon!

Hey, Amelia! Ya gotta do something to your posts to make it stand out with all of us shatty women, right? LOL I just wanted to geta moment of 'cheerleading' in before I head out the door for the next several hours!

Gayle

Hi everyone! Since recovering from a cold, last week I cut back on the workouts, especially the heavy weights. This week I'm back into the weights, and wow, I really feel it!! Funny how I also ate pretty poorly last week, and lost weight!! I'm up a few pounds,this week, even though I have been eating clean, and working hard. Just my body adjusting, I suppose! Today's workout will be relatively light; LIC. So much fun!!! My challenge for this weekend will be a birthday dinner for my friend at P.F.Chang's. Hopefully not too much damage will be done ;) Take care, Nancy J.~~

Wow, you gals are on a roll...weight just falling off all over the place~! Yipee!

Heather ** Im so happy that you are happy! Nothing better then finding out what works for you and its even better when you know its something you can stick to!

Gayle** Yeah, those were some pretty bold letters! hehe It certainly got my attention!

Ameila** Considering that I am in Canada and you are in the US, I highly doubt that you will be able to get that TM! LOL Its actually at one of out local Canadian Tire Stores and I know you don't have one of those. I don't think i will buy it though. As much as I would like to I am already pissed that DH put $80 on the cc yesterday...I thought out goal was to pay stuff off? Instead he goes out and buys some clothes for DS! Thats right...2 shirts...$80! I wouldn't even spend that on myself!

No workout yet. DS is still on the move. Shouldn't be much longer though! Oh and its -19 here today! COLD!

Lori:)

Happy Friday!

DH and I are still right on track (the booger has already lost 5 lbs--men!). Today's workout will be a class called "The Mixx" at the gym. It's a kickboxing inspired floor cardio class that uses no equipment. It's nice to keep it simple once in a while! It's a real sweatfest, too.

Good to hear from you, Heather!

We will all get through the weekend with flying colors :)

Kelly

Hi Everyone,

Wow, can't believe how many posts there were after I posted yesterday. Just finished reading them all. Sounds like everyone is doing so well. I will be weighing and measuring on Saturday. Not sure what to expect.

This morning was P90Masters Sculpt 5-6. Saturday I am planning on a longer workout, probably spinning for an hour. Sunday is my rest day.

Not sure which day will be my cheat day but one of them will be. I usually go with Saturdays as we are usually running around so we eat out but not sure what the plans are this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I most likely won't be back til Monday.

Rhonda

Morning all! Well - total slug this morning and slept in till 6:00 - which means no early workout for me. For some reason I stayed up to watch ER last night and when I go to bed at 11:00 there's no way that I wake at 4! HA! So after morning errands I'll be back for BBC legs and chest/abs - need to double up today. Then, drill team's first practice - I've got oodles of stuff to pull together before then. I always carry my Cathe calendar with me - the girls know Cathe is my "muscle coach" just as I am their coach. Plus, we put all of the girls' birthdays in it for B-day celebrations, not to mention all of our squad parades and performances. This little endeavor takes me through till October - ugh! Guess I'd better start my Xmas shopping - LOL! BBL to check in!

Lorrie
www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Day 7 - Tomorrow is my first free day! (I like having a free day on Saturday so my free day falls on day 8 instead of day 7 but it will be every Saturday from here on)

Heather - Congrats on your 4 lb. loss and enjoy your cardio party! :)

Kelly - You're lucky your DH is doing this with you. Wish I could talk mine into doing BFL with me again. Hopefully I'll inspire him.

Did Tamilee Webb's Cardio Blast this morning. Feeling tired and my buns are sore from YogaX on Wednesday so I wanted something easier and quick. Also, I have my Tae Kwan Do class tonight so hopefully that'll burn a few more calories.

Have a great weekend everyone and remember . . . WE CAN DO THIS!!

Sue

Good morning everyone. Today I did Cycle All Terrain on my spinning bike. It's a 58 min workout and it was hard.

Yesterday I ended up in the correct calorie range, but I did have some candy. My friend came back from Italy and brought us these coconut candies that are to die for. I had 3 yesterday and am hoping that the piggies at work finish them up before temptation sets in again.

Lori - enjoy your day off and your workout later.

Heather - RS is one of my fave Cathe step workouts

Gayle - GS legs, my legs are quivering just thinking about that workout. Good job.

Amelia - Hope you have a great cardio workout today.

Kelly - Your class sounds like fun today. Do you do most of your cardio at the gym?

Nancy - Glad you are feeling better. Have fun at PF Changs tonight. I love that place.

Rhonda - I have never done P90 Masters, do you like it?

Lorrie - Your drill team sounds like fun. How long have you been doing it?

Have a great Friday.

Gayle - How heavy are you going on GS Legs? I don;t have a barbell so I am limited to 25 lbs dumbells for squats and deadlifts. I definitely have to lighten the load for lunges. Do you still get DOMS?

Yes, week 1 is almost done!!!! I'm afraid to weigh in on Monday. Even though I have eaten clean and exercised regularly, I feel as though I have gained.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend. Congrats Heather on your 4 pound loss. I hope I am that successful ..

Carolyn

Good morning everyone! I don't have time for personals, so I'll just pick a couple that I remember:

Lori - $499 ain't bad for a TM....I'm just sayin'...

Heather - nice to "see" you this morning! Congrats on your 4lbs down...YAY!! I love reading your posts, you always come across as so upbeat. You inspire me!!

Gayle - GS Legs is one of my faves. Way to go!! Oh, and I love the new avatar. Great pic!!

Nancy J - LIC is so much fun, isn't it! I have a huge smile on my face the whole way through. :7

Sue - I haven't done a Tamilee Webb workout since Buns of Steel. I might have to check her out. Is it a step workout?

Karin - mmmmmm, coconut candies. :9 :9 Hard to resist...

I can't beleive that week 1 is almost over. I'm really kind of dreading tomorrow, since I'll be home all day. It's so much easier when I'm at work and can only eat what I bring! Maybe I'll take DD to the mall and spend some $$$ to keep my mind off of eating. That's justifiable, right!! ;-)

Have a great day everyone!

I am feeling a little silly because I have posted in three other places where I think I would fit in. Actually, I'm following Gayle since I did the last challenge with her.
Can someone please tell me what this challenge is about and where everyone is?I got such great results from the BFL challenge I was in because I believe I had so much support. It was exciting.No, I did not get the results Gayle did and that is because I was mainly working on just finishing the workout challenge and not overeating.It was not clean eating at all.Yet,I lost fat and some dress sizes and was able to go run a mile and a half the last week of the challenge without stopping to catch my breath.It was great.I need support.Would you be able to let me know how this challenge works and when does it start and finish.
Gayle,sorry I quit logging on at the end there.My computer crashed and we just got a new one.Had to get DH to take it in today since there are some things I need to change. Way to go on a strong finish.

I'm looking to see where I can fit in for my next goal.

Veronika

Good morning! Back in the saddle today!

I got up early and did Body Fusion. I struggled through it since I am so not a morning person and I had zero energy. I do like that I am done for the day, though. Eats: so far so good. cottage cheese, apple and whole wheat toast for breakfast and a Larabar for snack. Lots of fluids. I plan to have a Subway salad with DS as I am bringing him lunch at school today. I'll have a protein shake this afternoon and I'm not sure about dinner yet. I have a bit of a challenge tonight, I am going to a friend's house to play Bunco and there will be tons of not so healthy food. I am going to bring some carrots and celery so I have a little something to snack on. I will do my best to resist the temptation of chocolate! :p

Heather- WTG on the weight loss!

Gotta run, I'll BBL. Have a great day everyone!

WOW!!! Everyone is so upbeat today, it must be because it is Friday and everyone did so well this week. Heather - great job on your 4lb. weight loss - you are really achieving your goals. You go girl!

I weighed in this morning at 119, so I lost 3 lbs. since Monday. I do not really need to lose much more, since I am 5' 5 1/2". I don't usually like to go below 115. I did Drill Max last night and added on the bonus cardio from LIC two times to make a 90 minute workout.

This morning I did HISM2 and ran for 3 miles.

The weekends as Gayle said are very hard for me. I have four boys who are in hockey. I have 1 game tonight, 4 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. We end up driving all over the state for them, too. I can stay away from the concession stands, and I only drink water, but we always get our food at fast food places. I do bring along my fruit and some 3 oz. tuna flip top cans packed in water. We end up driving for nearly 4 hours also - it is very tiring.

My goal is to maintain this weight over the weekend, which will be hard.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl

Melissa - The Tamilee workout is floor cardio only (no step) and fairly low impact with a few plyometrics added in. Like I said, it's an easier workout - and short, only 35 minutes - but it's good to do when you feel like doing cardio but want something easier. There's a 10 min. bun sculpting section I think I've only done once. It's an okay workout. I don't mind Tamilee as an instructor. Her cueing is okay once you get used to what she means when she says "One more time" or "Again" instead of cueing the actual move.

HTH,
Sue

Good Morning!
I'm glad most of you have had great success. I'm feeling very accountable with this check-in, and that helps me not to go overboard with my eating. I know I'll have to check in with all you clean-eaters and dedicated exercisers, so you are my motivation! I did PUB this morning--it is my favorite weight workout. I know
it's not hard-core, but I just love the pace and the simplicity of it.
Breakfast was wheat toast and a couple of those egg white quiches somebody here posted the recipe for. I froze them the other day, and today just microwaved two of them. They're good! I love getting recipes and meal ideas from you guys. Have a great Friday!

Valerie

Carolyn-YES, I still get DOMS, and that’s part of the reason I did GS Legs today (I did PLB on Monday and wanted to confuse the ol’ lower half for even MORE DOMS! lol). Today I used a 65# barbell for the 3 sets of squats, and for all the sets of deadlifts. Eeking my weights up, with the help of propping my barbell on the dip handles of my power tower, this way I can get under it like a squat rack to pick it up.

Melissa-THANKS about the avatar. That’s me and the boys at our Church at Christmas Mass. I love this pic too!

Hey, Veronika!!!! Glad to see you back. You did AWESOME last challenge! YOU FINISHED, right, and that’s a HUGE task! Great job! This challenge is simply a 12 week check in. 12 weeks. Sound familiar? lol I really REALLY believe that if WE stick to our consistant workouts and nutrition, that at the 12 week mark you see a tremendous difference. I’m still checking in at BFL, here and now and again on the Early Risers one.

Becca-there is always chocolate at my neighborhood Bunco event! I chew strong mint gum, and take something healthy, as you mentioned! STAY STRONG!

Cheryl-having 10 kids surely makes you run in 40 different directions, doesn’t it? I couldn’t even IMAGINE! LOL Pack a cooler for the weekend. I’m packing 1 for tomorrow and I only have ONE basketball game to go to! HA!

Valerie-SOOOO glad you liked those egg quiches. I have them every single morning during the week. They are YUMMY and so easy to make, aren’t they???

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.