** 12 Week Challenge Jan 2nd/ week 1**

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning everyone!

Time to get this party started again}( Seems like I am the first one up!
I wanted so badly to get a good nights sleep last night but after a nap at my inlaws, I found it very hard to sleep last night. I set my alarm for 5:15 with hopes that I would have enough energy to workout and here I am! I will get to bed early tonight though:)

My chest is very sore from yesterdays workout! Yippee! Todays workout is a 3 mile run and BM2 circuits. I am hoping to get a 4 mile run in but if I keep chatting...I won't get that done;)

Hoping my meals will look something like this:

M#1- Protein shake
M#2- Oatmeal
M#3- WW english muffin,egg and cheese
M#4- fruit and yogurt
M#5- No clue what we are having for supper.

BBL! Have a good day everyone!

Lori:)

Its me again!:) I am done with my workout and I am at work now. I did a 4 mile run and the circuit I had planned. No abs though. I may do that tonight when everyone is tucked in bed.

Time for meal #1 , have a good day everyone!

Morning Lori and all who follow. Great job on the workout Lori. I am still SOOOO detoxing from all the weeks of bad food. It usually takes me about 4-5 days of eating right for my body to adjust. Then it kind of goes "oh yah - THIS is how it's supposed to be!" lol.

OK - last day of sleeping in as the kiddos return to school tomorrow (barring a snow day). So I was up at 5:30 and got in HIS and a 3-mile incline walk. Some varying on the heart rate, but overall more of a SS. Later on I'll hit the weights with BBC - either chest or arms. For any who have done these w/os - what weights did you use?

Super hungry right now so I'll be joining Lori for meal #1. Have a great day everyone!

Lorrie
www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I'm here at the party! Good morning, and THANK GOODNESS for a normal schedule once again! The kids go back to school today, and WE ALL need it! lol

THis morning's workout was PUB, pretty heavy. I increased all my weights a bit again today to really max out, and I'm feeling all wiggly now! Last night I FINALLY took the chance to try out a 4DS cardio....LIS and the calf work on that disk. LOVED the footwork and actually felt graceful! lol

Time to get the kids ready for the bus! Then the day BEGINS!

Have a WONDERFUL HUMP DAY!!!! BBL to check out who all joined our Fitness Party today!

Gayle

Morning everyone,
Missed the check in yesterday but I was so tired I wasn't doing much. We went out on NYE to the Red Wing Hockey game and then back to the bar since it hadn't started to snow. I wasn't drinking as I was driving. No sooner did we ring in the new year and the snow started. It was a very very long drive home. 3 hours instead of the usual 1.5 hours. So we got home around 3:30-3:45am and went to bed by 4am. I didn't want to sleep long as I needed to get back in the habit of coming to work today. Gee I didn't sleep well at all. I was up by 6:15am.
Looked outside and yuck, 12-13 inches of snow waiting to be plowed and shoveled. Hubby went out and started plowing and I figured I probably should get to the back and shovel. 45 minutes later I was done and exhausted. So no formal workout for me. I watched U/M beat Florida yesterday. Go Blue!!!
This morning was upper body. I am still a little tired but hopefully in a couple of days I will get back into the routine. I am still debating what workouts to do. I know the week has started but I just don't know exactly what I want to do. Cathe's rotation looks good, and I would have to substitute quite a bit as I don't have most of the workouts. Again, hopefully next week I will be in the full swing of things.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Rhonda

Good Morning everybody

Day 3 on the SBD

Todays workout is Drillmax,as much as possible!

Lorrie-On BBC I used light dumbells 5's,8's and 10's. I think I mainly used the 5's and 8's though,tough stuff!

Hey to everybody else:)

Lorrie (L_Sass)

I seen in another post that you had some Cinch stuff. Are you following this plan? I have seen it and have contemplated it but not sure if the bars and shakes taste all that well. I have tried so many in the past and just couldn't stand the taste.

How do you like the bars/shakes?

Rhonda

I will do some personnals while I have the time and the group is small. I know I won't be able to do this everyday but it helps me get to know everyone a little better.

Lorrie** I hear ya on the detoxing! We may go though withdrawl symptoms you know! LOL I usually put the chocolate I have leftover in dishes everywhere in the house and when my dad stays with me, the candy lives a very short life. But he isn't around right now so I took my chocolate and hid it in one of my draws.That way, its there when I need it but tucked away so its not in my face all the time saying "eat me!"
When doing weights I usually use whatever weights cathe uses. Sometimes I will go heavier with shoulders but when doing biceps I prefer to use the same weight with db's instead of a bb.

Rhonda** We have a ton of snow here. To much actually so we know there is a loooong winter ahead of us;(

Amelia** Have fun with you workout! Glad your here!

Gayle** My next purchase is to buy the Pyramids on dvd. I have them on VHS but I want them on DVD,I also want CTX UB on DVD as well.Im not buying any treats for myself for a while. MY new years resolution is to get rid of some small debt, then I can buy stuff again!

The kid's are back in school--Woo Hoo! Ahhhh, to be alone in the house :)

Phase 1 of SBD is going well so far and I'm about to go work out before hitting the grocery store and the library. After that I must tackle undecorating my house....ugh.

DH stuck to phase 1 yesterday, but opted to not work out, which means he'll have to work out the next 4 days in a row to meet our challenge to each other. I'm worried. Then again, if he doesn't do it, he gets to fold the laundry this weekend.....

Have a great day!

Kelly

Amelia--Looks like we can help each other stay focused on the SBD--let me know if you've got some great phase 1 dinner recipes!

Hey guys! Just popping in to say HI again. I'm enjoying my shake and getting ready to head to work (I work part time at my kids' elementary school as a Monitor in the cafeteria during lunch hours. I work 10am-1pm and it's a TON OF FUN! The time flies, and I don't feel like I can really call it 'work' because of that! HA!).

Anyway....enjoy the rest of your morning!

Eat CLEAN, KEEP MOVING! AND STAY FOCUSSED AND POSITIVE!
Gayle

Morning, Everyone!
Hope you're all feeling well and ready to tackle the remainder of our first "Challenge" week! I feel good and ready to eat cleaner and work out more consistently. This morning I did LIC before the kids were awake. In fact, they're all still asleep now, and it's almost 9 am. They go back to school next Monday, the 7th, and I'm enjoying working out a little later in the morning than usual.
I plan to eat my wheat toast and have scrambled egg whites for breakfast.

Gayle, I've considered working in my kids' school cafeteria, too. I filled in several times this past semester, and like you said, it's really a lot of fun! My youngest (twins) will be in kindergarten next year, and I would love to get a job again--maybe part-time, like yours. Have a great day at work/home/school, everyone!

By the way, some of you mentioned SBD. What progam/diet is that? Just curious!
Thanks,
Valerie

Lori, your workouts are awesome. Thanks for posting your meals for today. I like to get some ideas off of other people’s food plan.

Lorrie, I am so looking forward to detoxing too. I just ate an apple and my body was happy about that. I ate so much junk this last month that it doesn’t even sound good to me now. I haven’t done BBC, but I have the DVDs. I should break those out and try them.

Gayle, I love being back on a normal schedule. It feels so good! What kind of protein shakes do you drink?

Rhonda, snow shoveling is definitely a workout, especially with that much snow.

Amelia, I love Drill Max. Have fun with it. How is SBD going for you?

Kelly, enjoy the alone time while the kiddos are at school. You are doing SBD too? Have you done it before?

As for me, I did icycle 25 today on my spinning bike. This one is supposed to be top 40 music or something, but I just have to say that the music was pretty horrid. The workout itself was good though. I am getting used to getting up early so I didn’t feel like I had amazing workout but I am just glad I did something. I am going to add on some abs tonight. Here’s my eating for the day will look like

Small skim milk latte
Oatmeal
Apple
Stuffed pepper
Yogurt
String cheese
Turkey Burger
Whole wheat bun

Have a great day!

Mornin' Everyone,

I actually hurt my back putting my workout clothes on yesterday-can you believe it! It is still very sore this morning so I did not workout.

I spent last night preparing my meals for the remainder of the week. Today is my first day back to work after having 12 days off.

I've seen a few mention SBD-is that the skinny b**** diet? If so, can you elaborate?

M1-protein shake w/strawberries, fiber one, and flax seeds.
M2-eggbeaters & oatmeal w/blueberries
M3-veggie salad with 1 can either chicken or tuna
M4-yogurt, apple w/natural peanut butter
M5-DH is making steak for dinner:) I'll also make some veggies to go along with that. Probably a little higher in fat than I prefer, but I love steak cooked on the grill!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Diana

Well I *think* SBD is South Beach Diet - but I guess it could be Skinny Bitch - which was a bit over the top for me.

Rhonda - YEP - I LOVE my Cinch!!!! It is the ONLY thing that has worked for me and I really like the shakes and bars. Now, having said that I did decide to cut back on my soy consumption (for various reasons) so I was REALLY happy when Shaklee came out with the Cinch Whey. I am following it and it's terrific. Shaklee will reveal some new products this weekend and I'm hoping one will be the whey in the cafe latte flavor (which is my favorite). The cranberry tea is also YUM-O! Feel free to PM me if you want more details on it! HTH.

Lorrie
www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Hi Everyone

Today was meant to be legs but my knee was playing up, so I did Body Max 2 Timesaver Cardio, followed by abs and stretch. Those side planks are a killer. I tried to do that cross country move on the step but my knee didn't like it. Oh well I'm not going to concentrate on what I can't do I'm going to be grateful for what I can.

You ladies sound like your so organised with your eats. You're all so good. Mine are as follows:

Meal 1: Oatmeal
Meal 2: Grapes and natural yogurt.
Meal 3: Low fat Chicken Salad Sandwich.
Meal 4: 2 Clementines and a piece of homemade protein banana bread.
Meal 5: Chilli with Beef.

I hope you are coping okay with the snow. We're forecast some snow tomorrow but UK snow isn't quite as bad as the snow you get. Its amazing how a few inches can bring the UK to a standstill. As Brits we don't know how to deal with it lol.

Have good days and take are.
Love
Laura
xx
:)

I am so excited to see everyone doing so well so far! That's awesome!

I finished reading BFL for Women yesterday and am all gung ho now! My eating was good yesterday, I did indulge in a "mini chill" because there are a box of Cheryl and Co. cookies sitting on my counter. I only had one and, boy, was it good! I didn't eat a thing after 6:30 PM and I was pretty hungry when I went to bed, BUT I woke up to a lovely LOWER number on my scale. First time in months! It is great to see the eating well start to pay off.

I am sore, sore, sore from B&G yesterday and plan on doing LIS today when the kiddos are napping.

Meal plan:

#1 2 scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese on a bed of spinach and a banana
#2 Cherry Pie Larabar
#3 Chunky tomato soup and a left over chicken breast from last night
#4 Designer Whey protein shake with OJ and banana
#5 Asian steak, brown rice, fresh green beans

I hope that everyone as a great and healthy day today!

Happy Hump Day everyone!!

PLB is on deck for tonight and I am sooooo looking forward to it. The last time I did it was Friday and I had DOMS for days!! It was actually painful to bowl on NYE!! Gotta love it!

I did the 2nd 1/2 of Imax 2 for my HIIT yesterday and man, that wore me out. I still cannot complete all 6 blasts on #9. I get through the first 3, then skip the plie jacks on the 4th, then I can get through the rest. Some day...

Off to have my veggie chili...:9

Hello agian:)

Im gonna try to do some personal as well as I would love to get to know everybody here!

Ive decided to take a rest day and clean my house,take the tree down(yay)and do some organizing! I will do drill max tommorrow!

Kelly-What day are you on in phase one? A fellow Catheite posted a great website for recipes http://www.southbeachcenturyclub.com/phase.php?ph=1

I can't wait to start eating different things :+ I really want to go out and buy some more grocerys(for the SBD) but ive already been three times this week,LOL! I will wait until friday,my regualr grocery shopping day! Ive though about posting a SBD check in,I wonder how many of us there are?

Karin-Great workout today!! Your meals look awesome too! sbd is going great,thanks for asking! although im kinda getting sick of turkey burger,LOL :+

Becca-I too woke up to a smaller # on the scale,feels good to see our hard work paying off!

hey to everybody else....looks like everybody is doing great!

Hi All!

Today is my rest day, so I did Yogilates 2 - it felt sooo good. I was right on plan yesterday, and actually dropped two pounds from yesterday this morning - I'll see if it stays off, but I'm happy with the results so far!

I never did give any info about me - so here goes - I'm 43, I'm happily (for the most part :+) married with 3 kids - only one who is my biological child, but as all 3 lived with us until collage - they are all mine). I love the outdoors - hiking, biking, running, etc, but I found Cathe while trying to figure out the best way to add lifting to my routine, and I never looked back. My rotation for the next month (I do rotations by the month) is alternating a week of circuits with a week of the weights from the 4DS. After 4 weeks, I'll take a week to focus only on cardio and yoga.

Hi, everyone! I did Cardio Fusion for the first time this morning, and I loved it! My friend actually bought it, and decided that she prefers the gym!!??,so she gave it to me:7 I have all the others in that series, so this just tops it off!! I got a great runners high off it. I just made a very healthy version of Chicken Cattiatore(sp?)to be simmered in the crock pot for tonight. Going into work for a little while now! Check in later, Nancy J.~~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.