***Kettlebell Weekend Report!***

Hey guys! Just getting us started here. I can't chat; we've got a really busy weekend ahead and right now I don't have time to go back and read through everyone's posts - I am so sorry, I hope that doesn't sound bad! I am thinking of all of you who are struggling with family or other things and am keeping you in my prayers! I won't forget you this weekend. :)

This morning I did SIM after a 2.75 mile run. Next time I will reverse the order; I ran, because I wanted to run, and decided after I got home that I wanted to do SIM. It was very tough and I had to lower most weights, things that should be easy for me!, so I won't run before SIM again. :eek:

Tomorrow I will do a leg workout, similar to what I did Wednesday, and a crossfit WOD.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!!

Missy

Hi all!!

I did "Nancy" today from Crossfit. I am really mad:mad::mad:, because I thought I pressed the start button ont the stopwatch (which is really my cell phone) and it didn;'t start. I didn't notice until I started round 4!!:mad::mad: But I did like the workout and would do it again!

Nancy

buy in:
5X downward dog/up dog, lifting heels up and down in down dog
15 squats using pole
15 shoulder dislocates
200M easy jog on the treadmill

“Nancy”
Five rounds for time of:
400 meter run
95 pound Overhead squat, 15 reps

scaled to 35#OHS

Cash out my time:
Max Plank hold on elbows 1:09
Max One Arm Hang (Right)12 seconds
Max Plank hold on elbows 1:20
Max One Arm Hang (Left) (phone rang, didn't do)

comments:
time: 21-23 minutes???

apparently you need to push start 2X for the stopwatch!!:mad::mad::mad: I am guessing at 21ish minutes based on the treadmill time.

*treadmill set at 7.5
*squats were good, not sure if I got down far enough, but I got down enough that I felt it and it was challenging to get back up. thighs (quads) were always at least parallel with floor and over toes.(I was able to get down really far with the warm up using the pole)
*good workout, really liked it!! OHS are a great full body workout.
*really tried to keep good form, think I did a good job:)

Missy::: Great workout today! I am thinking of throwing SIM in somewhere next week. Have fun this weekend!

Gayle::: Thanks again for the again faster video; it really helped with the warm up and I felt more confident about my form. After your gruelling workout yesterday, is today a rest day?

Jane::: Hope you had fun swimming! What's on the agenda today?

Rhonda::: How was class last night?

Idream::: Welcome!!:) We are all learning as we go and from each other!!:)

Marcy/Andilynn::: Hope you are having a fun weekend!

later gators!:)

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Missy - I here ya' on being busy. Have a good workout! :)

Deanie - Great job on Nancy! :) I started perusing those mic'd instructor videos at Again Faster and they have some good ones.

Today I did the "Got rings?" WOD from CrossFit 603. It was a lot of fun! It felt less like a workout and more like gymnastics class from high school, but I'm way more tired and sore. :)

http://www.crossfit603.com/2009/06/got-rings/

If you ever want to try something humbling (at least for me), video yourself working out. We just got a cute little FlipVideo camera so I thought I'd see how my form looked. The snatches on the buy-in weren't bad, but the footage of the rings work will never...EVER...see the light of day...it was all flailing upside-down ass. :p

Have a great rest of the weekend gang!

Hi Everyone,

This is a real quick post as I have dinner in the oven. Yesterday I did Muscle Max and today it was a run in the morning and swimming at the pool in the afternoon. I did 52 laps but not in a standard pool and I took breaks so it's not as impressive as it sounds.

Got to go. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.