***Happy 2009 Clean & Tidy Eaters!***

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Happy New Year everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful night and are ready to start a new year? What are your resolutions? I was telling Ryan this morning that I feel like I've been out of shape without excuse for far too long and this year I'm going to change that. I turn 29 in 3 weeks and my goal is to be in the best shape of my life by my 30th birthday. I can do it! I know I can - especially with my lovely clean&tidy ladies to support me and keep me accountable!

So, I told Ryan we would only have dessert once a week around here and lots of veggies. So, today I'm going to sit down and figure out what I need to get at the grocery store to be successful this week!

I'm going to WO tonight or this afternoon. Not sure what yet. Have 3 more days until the rotation starts so I'm just kind of working through ones that aren't in it. I wasn't too painfully sore from B&G which means it wasn't as horrible as I thought. I'll work up to it!

Colleen, fill us in on the new car info!

Katie, I'm glad you enjoyed all the cooking!

Kate and Klaudia, your quiet evenings at home matched mine! We finally finished season 4 of lost (glad to have a break for a while) and ate some splendidly wonderful fettuccine alfredo and more bread!!

Oh, and Kate super ^^^^5 on the 2 lbs!! Hopefully I'll be joining you in that club soon!

Robin, I hope you are feeling better and got a decent amount of rest last night.

Anne, hope your ham and tator tots were good. I LOVED tator tots as a kid. They have them at Sonic and when we lived in Tucson I always wanted to get them. :)

Morirs, good luck with potty training. How old is your son? My daughters pretty much did it themselves so it was relatively easy but I agree with Kate on skipping the pull ups part - they need to know what it feels like to be wet or it's just like a diaper. I just got frustrated cleaning up puddles of pee! :rolleyes:

Ok girlies, better get this posted before you all start waking up.

Here's to an amazing 2009!!! Thanks for being my cyber-friends. :p

angie

Hey Angie, what a wonderfully positive and contagious attitude you have this morning!! Thanks for getting us off to such a great start!!

My goals for 2009....
--My eating has been less-than-stellar very recently, but overall in 2008 it was pretty good, possibly the best year (eating-wise) of my life. So my goal in 2009 is to just be more consistent with clean and balanced eating. Something green EVERY DAY and a piece of fruit EVERY DAY!!
--I want to complete STS successfully
--Run a 5K
--Do 2 (or more!) pull-ups
--Be able to complete 12 reps of bicep curls with 20# dbs

There might be more, but I can't think of them now....

My party was fun, I drank 1 1/2 beers, Chris was proud, that's 1 1/2 more than I usually drink. The food was good, probably ate too much, but I was clean up until then.

I wanna do some cardio this morning, maybe KPC and try out my new weighted gloves, but I have a sharp pain in my left side when I breathe deeply and cardio typically requires breathing deeply... We'll see....

OH OH OH my Polar HRM came!! Which is another reason that I reeeeaaalllllly wanna workout!!

BBL....

angie, what a nice post! i'm glad for our check-in too!:) i hope ryan supports you in your dessert goal! i need to do better at "planning" my cheats. i used to be extremely disciplined. im headed back, but theres def. room to clean itup!

katie, good goals for you too! glad you had fun last night. dont push it w/ the cardio - you've been super sick!

----
sjp last might was awesome! i found tons of energy somehow. i lve how circuits make me feel - sweaty & lean!:D

todays wo will be a cardio coach. im so excited to do it! a runner i am not, but hoping to get that way w/ the help of coach sean's incredibly sexy voice!;):p:p:eek:

b will be cereal and frut as soon as im done nursing sweet piggy!:p
not too sure on the rest. i may take gina out to lunch and get some groceries w/ her. hrd to believe vaca is almost over!:( i love having my girls home.....except when i dont!:p:eek::D

good morning ladies

angie, what a great post - hope dh is supportive of you and your goals.

katie, you have some great goals, i hope you reach them all and beyond.

kate, how you find energy like that at night is beyond me - you are amazing! how is julia today? lunch with gina sounds special.

well, my goals this year are to listen more to dh (he says i never do, and truthfully, sometimes i tune him out), focus more on my immediate family adn less on the rest (very hard for me), and to eat especially clean. i also want to learn to rest my body a bit more, and be able to do 10-12 pullups. this am i used my elliptical and did abs - i feel good.

all of you who do pullups, is it cheating if you do not go into ful extension of the arms each time? also, how do you start to do more? i can do 4 - 5 comfortably, but again, i do not fully relax and dangle at the end of each.

eats were so super clean yesterday i am very comfy today. i will try again today. bbl

morris, julia is GREAT! morning is herbest time. she slept 8:30p-3:30a, nursed 1 hr and slept til 8a. now shes doing her 1-hr nursemax!
....i want to be a better wife too... and a better mom. i have a short fuse:eek:
no advice on the pulls/chins - never do em.
good job w/ the eats - hope for another good day for you!
^5 on th early wo too!

Good Morning Everyone!

Happy New Year!

Sorry I never got back last night to tell everyone about my car. I went straight from work to the dealer (got stuck in traffic along the way), test drive again and the paper signing. Then home and out for a quick dinner. I did get the bmw (2008 335xi) because DH called and they made him an offer over the phone he could not refuse. I really like the car - it is sporty, handles well and is really comfortable.

Funny story - DH called the dealer, got the offer and sent me an email. By the time I got back to him the power went out (it was really windy here yesterday) and he did not remember the name of the person he spoke to since he had it on his computer. Good thing the power was only out for an hour!

Angie, we will support you in your clean eating goal. I am glad we have been helping you so far.
Katie, I know you will love your HR monitor. I love mine.
Kate, have fun with Cardio Coach today. Let us know how you like it.
Morris, I don't do pull ups yet. I was waiting for Cathe's pull up bar but I might get something else instead.
Hi Anne, Robin & Klaudia!

w/o may be BM2
b: oatmeal w/ almonds
rest tbd

Happy January!

2009 is starting off with a trip to urgent care-Nevena's got pink eye in both eyes:( This afternoon we're going to my grandma's for dinner and to watch MSU's bowl game and the Red Wings play the Chicago Blackhawks-outside! If I don't take today as my rest day, I'll do some cardio and abs-either Step and Intervals or some HIIT.

My goals for the new year are:to be less of a hypochondriac, to try kettlebells, complete STS, and be a better wife, mother, and daughter-those are biggies:)

Angie, you will achieve your goals, no worries! We'll be here every step of the way:)

Katie, hope that pain goes away and you get to play with your new HRM. Keep at it with those pull ups. As for the 5K, I've used the couchto5k plan twice. It's on www.coolrunning.com.

Kate, have fun with your CC workout. You'll be torching those last few baby pounds:) Funny, I was thinking of taking Milla with me for lunch and a grocery trip-great minds at work again;)

Morris, great goals. For the pull ups, keep at them. Do a few every other day. And I've heard that negatives work well-pull up, then go down slowly. Keep your foot on a chair when you have too. I did a few yesterday with my 5# ankle weights on-holy cow! That extra weight killed-Darrin heard me grunt and thought I'd hurt myself!!

Colleen, I don't know much about cars, but a BMW sounds fab! Congratulations!

Hi Anne and Robin:)

b-kix and a pear
s- string cheese, apple
l-?
s-?
d-steak and?

bbl...

Happy New Years Ladies...hugs

Resolutions:)
1. learn something new each month...like recipes
2. reward good eating and exercizing
3. stick with STS for 3-5 months
4. read my bible more
5. eat on smaller plates
6. sleep better

My sister Vanessa may be joining our group. She brought Cathe step and the beginner's workout.

Angie you can do it girl!!!

Katie Polar HRM...that's a great reward idea
Kate Katie your running goals are great! Good Luck:)

Kate you are a great mom. It's just hard having little ones.

Morris I not sure about the pull up, but you can check youtube
I guess it's like a push up...when it done right it's full extention

Colleen Congrat on the new beamer!

Last night I went over my family house and helped cook for the new years. We ate dinner after 12 midnigt and my stomach is not too happy about the pie and icecream (around 1:30).:confused:

Happy New Year Klaudia.

I need someone to take down the Christmas stuff....i'll give you $10 ;)

Colleen, YAY!!! NEW CAR!!!!!! Have fun driving!
BM2 - you'll be a sweaty mess! FUN!

Kaludia, Have fun lunching and shopping too!:D
Well wishes for Nevena! Poor thing! You guys are passing that around aren't you?:(
Have fun today too with all your plans! Good luck on the WO!

Robin, oh bellyache!
Good resolutions! I read the Bible with the girls every morning. They love it when David cuts off Goliath's head!:rolleyes::D:p
yay for Vanessa! I love that name, btw! Older or younger sis? My bro is older than me but I have 3 younger sisters. (lotsa divorce:rolleyes:)

----
better keep workin' on my grocery list! I'm gonna hole myself up in the kitchen for the rest of the long weekend!:D all healthy stuff tho. Excpet for the orange sherbet for mike and the ice cream sandwiches fo rthe girls!:eek::D

Hey everyone! WO done! I was going to do kick max but decided against it when I saw the leg drills at the end. After B&G, I think I need another day or two so I've got it on the docket for Saturday. Tomorrow I'll do MM. I'm really enjoying all my new WOs! So, anyway, I ended up doing Step Jam which blew my expectations out of the water. Even though she built things up for a long time, I thought the end results were great. I really enjoyed the last combo and burned 523 calories! (Have I mentioned how much I love my new HR monitor?)

Don't have time to do personals right now. Need to get that pork in the oven (never made it the other night). I'll bbl - all your goals/resolutions sound fantastic!

angie

MM now that a great w/o. Hey Angie and Katie let me borrow your HRM and I'll let you pack away my Christmas stuff.:D

My sis is 2 years older than me.

angie, the drills in km are my fave part about that wo!
hope your pork turns out good!

lol robin!! you really dont want to do that do you?!:D

Angie, now I wanna do Step Jam!! Or BM2 cardio, like Colleen!

My pain is gone, Polar is all set up (thanks to tech-savvy DH). But it is almost nap time here, so maybe after. I love to workout, but I love to nap more!!:D

My baby has a double ear infection!!:( I feel like a such a bad mom. She's had a stuffy/runny nose, but didn't complain about her ears at all. Sigh. What a trooper.

Okay, while my dinner cooks and my hair dries, I thought I'd pop in for personals.

Katie, I know you're pumped about your new HR monitor. You will love it. Can I suggest taking one more day off? Let your body heal all the way. It's okay to not WO on NY day! Hope you're peacefully napping right now.

Kate, I really want to start doing "dates" with my girls. I think they're old enough (especially Annabel) to start. Also, with them starting school on Monday (EEEEK!), I know I"ll want more alone time with each just to pick their little brains! And no bowing please, I have a long way to go until my sweaty-ness accomplishes anything!

Morris, good luck with the pull up thing. I've never had a real bar. When I did the X, I used the door thing for the resistance bands. I think your ideas of listening to DH are good. Sometimes it's hard!

Colleen, I'm so excited for you about your new wheels! I love new cars. The smell of them alone is worth all the excitement. Give a review in about a month and let us know what you think. I drove an audi 4 wagon for a week here before I bought my passat and I LOVED it. I'm for sure going to check it out again when we move back to the states.

Klaudia, I'm jealous of your sports watching today. I totally miss that. I missed my Illini beating #9 Purdue! Ugh. So sorry about your baby w/double ear infection - isn't that the worst? You're totally not a bad mom though... it's so hard to tell!

Robin, your goals for the year sound great. I love the learn something new one. I have to learn a whole new language so that will be my "learning" part for sure. Sorry about not wanting to put away your Christmas stuff. I"ll fly out and take the $10. :)

Well, pork smells great, potatoes are a'rostain and we should be good to go pretty soon. Crossing fingers in hopes that it turns out!!!

BBL,
angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.