*** Xers ***Tacklin' Tuesdays ToDo Lists!

teddy16410

Cathlete
~~~~~~~~~~~ Lite Weights / Recovery: Cycle Day 3~~~~~~~~

*Cardio Sculpt (Slim Series Express)
*Yoga – not sure who, what or how long!

Yesterdays Stretch Max felt Oh So Nice….. I really didn’t want to get up off the floor tho. I did #2 Ball & #3 Band. I really like the band I should do it more often…
So here’s what I did yesterday (instead of yoga)… I cleaned out and rearranged my office so it is all ready to be the workout room! Never had a conversation with DH about it so I just “surprised” him by my daily accomplishments…. The 2 options are now:
A} Steal the guest room TV and master bedroom DVD and purchase a stand
B} *my choice! Purchase a DVD / TV combo player and mount on wall so my equipment can stay on the floor.
I told DH it was his choice – gotta let him think he has SOME say in the whole thing!
Hopefully by early next week I can move out of cramped master bedroom to my office/workout room.

Personals & Chat & This n That!

Happy Move-In week to Debra X & DD!!!!!!!

Happy Vacation week to Nicole & Family! LOLOLOL "Only worked out 3x since Friday- uhhhhhh Its Tuesday- You'ved worked out more than i have! LOL

A couple of quickies then back with yesterdays stuff....

TRACY Xټ
Couldn’t help myself so I went over to Amy’s Forum to check out the new release info… Looks like I’ll get off cheap at presale as the only one I want is the strength.

ټCheryl
Did you ever get your workout mirrors up? How do they hang on wall? Help guide me as you know that’s the NEXT step in my workout room! DH thinks you are so cool anyway so I’ll just tell him you said I “needed” them! Hope you are feeling like a brand new cleaned out woman today!

Jeanette X ت
Good luck with TT tonight if I dont see ya again!

A few PM Personals! Then I'm off to run errands

Forgot to mention- Lower body not sore or stiff at all after yesterdays marathon hill/interval power walk.... Is this a good thing? So accustomed to some form of pain that I'm baffled! Could there be conditioned muscles under the last layer of fat?????

TRACY Xټ
Cracked me up about the Amish kids!!!!! Ya know we don’t have kids… last time I went home to visit my very very Christian Extremist (hope I don’t offend!) step siser and I got together… In front of her sheltered virgin ears children I say “ blah blah blah – acting like a royal bitc* “…. There was DEAD silence and if her husband could have asked me to leave without creating family problems he surely would have. VERY EMBARRESSING for all of us. Yep - We'll be hot & humid from this point thru mid October. We don’t even stand a chance of freeze until Feb/Mar and even then it’s a 12 hour one.

ټTeddyGirl
Happy Day TG! Did ya call HIM huh?huh?Huh?

ټCheryl
Take it easy today.

Jeanette X ت
That’s so cool that gramma loves her hip replacement! She must have been a good patient and rehabbed as inystructed! Nice on the quiet generator! Those things scare the heck out of me! We have one for hurricane issues butman they make me dgy. Part of it is just the god-awful noise I’m sure.

ټLaurie X
Is it your turn to take a day off today?

ټWendy
Have you hugged and kissed your pets today???

ټAmy
Quick… no peeking! What day is it? What time is it? Whats your scheduled w/o today?

ټSandra X
So did you and DD ever find something to do other than sit n stare at each other? LOL You are the FUNNIEST mom!

Have a great day Xers! Lets impress at least 1 person today with our favorite Flex Pose!

}(

Good Morning,

Workout last night, I walked an hour and 30 minutes, decided that was the best thing to do after eating 10 plus chocolate chip cookies and McDonald’s ice-cream cone for lunch chicken Ranch Wrap, then on the way home brought another ice cream cone, and a Mcchicken sandwhich. Happily proud to say scale was up 1 lb. I think it was the walk, I don't know what was going on with me yesterday arghhhh...

This morning, GS legs, tonight walk………

Add-on

Laurie: Noooooooo, I did not call him, knowing me I probably wont x( So glad you are feeling better today :)

Teddygirl~

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph3/Wk10/Day4/Rnd2
Workout: YogaX / Volleyball

Yesterday turned out to be allergies from H#LL. x( I was so tired and stuffy that I just couldn't see myself in down dog. :D So I will be getting my Yoga in today, since I feel much better, just a little tired.

Traci, If I didn't feel well this morning I would have taken the day off. I think I will plan a day when DH is home also. :)

Wendy, I had to LOL at your description of the neighborhood. Sounds just like ours. :) Kids all over the place when I got home last night. And of course my DD's where outside enjoying the weather. Both of them in swimsuits. :)

Sandra, Yep summers are short here too. My Mom always sent us outside in the summers. I'm just glad our girls have neighbors to hang around with. My oldests DD's friend called yesterday and wanted her to come over. My DD said she couldn't (really didn't want to). Then she called last night and wants her to come over today. Of course my DD can't because she is watching her sister this summer. I don't know what her friend is going to do all summer if she can't handle being without her friends with only 4 days out of school. :D

Teddygirl, Yes, did you call HIM?

Jeanette, Do a lot of people dress up for the black powder event? Sounds like you will have fun.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning,

Did S&H Shoulders today and then 30 minutes of Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Cardio. Need to go on and learn the 2nd half of the DVD. Tonite will be the bike time trial so my plan will be to walk on my lunch hour today to get my legs moving a little more, then come home after work, eat a little oatmeal, arrive early enough at the time trial to warm up decently. Hoping the wind is low tonite.

Traci, you are putting me to shame with all of your cleaning, arranging, etc. I still haven't driven the wine over to my mom's house. Okay, I'll do it tomorrow. My computer/bowflex room is a complete mess. Got to get enthused to do it. The good news is that my sister will be coming over Wednesday evening to help me design the tile work for the living room. Then I can start picking up the materials and tile I need. This generator is really, really quiet. I don't like loud machines either. We have a big air compressor that makes the loudest noise. Not pleasant. Has DH made a choice about your TV set yet? No DOMS or stiffness from the workout? Bet you are just getting in fabulous leg shape. Enjoy that feeling!!

Teddygirl, oh my, 10 cookies! Hey, I've been there lately, but yesterday was a good eating day for me. Will be continuing on that wagon today. Sounds like the man you met was very interested in you. Did you get the scoop on his previous family life?

Laurie, hope the volleyball is great today. Do you have a game or a practice? A lot of people do dress up at the blackpowder events. It's pretty neat to see the outfits. DH is always saying he wants me to chew him a pair of moccasins. Right, and they say those were the good ole days. We only do 1-2 events a year. We like to shoot, but I won't be shooting at this one as I have a organized bike ride that same day. It's located about 20 minutes away so I just drive there with my bike right from the campground. Will probably be on the bike from around 7:30 a.m. until around 3-4 p.m. Will be accompanying a new rider on her first 100 miler so it will be a bit slow. Weather is supposed to be good, in the low 80's.

Hi to everyone that follows.

Jeanette

Yeah! Today is going to be a good day!:) I woke up early. Drove to West Chester to drop off the tiles at the fabricators. He's going to bullnose the granite tiles for $5.00 a linear ft. Another fabricator quoted us $20 a linear ft.:eek: Apparently, his business is booming or he felt our measly tiles were beneath him. I'd rather buy a plasma tv for the kitchen than pay three times the cost of actual tile for a little grinding and polishing!

I can feel it! Soon my Ghetto Kitchen will be history!:) :) :) :)

Never got around to C&B; too busy supervising the miniblind installation in the girls' room. So, it's slated for today's AM workout. If I have the energy and motivation, I'll do Plyo in the PM.

Also, I'm reading Lad: A Dog. I thought Tayler had read this book already. She didn't. It was too difficult for her to read independently last summer. I think it would be the perfect book for both of us to analyze this summer. We can do a story chart (plot, theme, climax, etc) for each stand alone chapter. The vocabulary in it is fierce, in a good way, considering it was written ~100 years ago. There's also a ton of classical references that she would grasp (Euclid's 5th proposition, Sheol, Circassian beauty, etc.). I think children were held to higher expectations back in the day. She'll learn a lot and have to opportunity to make connections. But mostly, I think the book will touch her heart.

Why am I going on and on about this book? Traci and all other dog loving humans, I think you would LOVE this book! Here's a few small passages just for you!

Author describing costs of Lad's heroism:
(Is there greater love? Humans - sighing swains, vow-laden suitors - can any of you match it? I think not. Not even the much-lauded Antonys. They throw away only the mere world of earthly credit, for love.)

Opening of chapter 3:
The connecting points between the inner and outer Lad were a pair of the wisest and darkest and most sorrowful eyes in all dogdom - eyes that gave the lie to folk who say no dog has a soul.

Author answering his own question: What is the saddest sight in every day life?
Yes, a lost dog is the saddest thing that can meet the gaze of a man or woman who understands dogs. As perhaps my story may help to show - or perhaps not.

Oh, and Traci, you're about as bad as dd's art teacher. Every week he teasingly asks how many animals did I run over on my way to lessons.}( LOL My phone has a new battery, and I let Baby on my bed where she proceeded to lay down on top of my stomach and put her chin on my neck. I'd let her stay there till she got uncomfortable, but her chin whiskers tickled too much! :7 Don't worry about her. I may threaten her with banishment from my bedroom and complain about her lack of self control and be strict for a time, but she's still my Babydog. ;-)

Well, this post didn't get a long way towards personals. I'll be back after C&B to continue.

Ballistic Hugs to All!
Wendy

LOL!!!

Traci- It's Tuesday, 10:30a, and I am heading out the door to get my hair cut and highlighted!!! Today's workout is total body weights, although it may be done freestyle, I haven't decided yet. HAH!!! See, I can remain somewhat alert and oriented during the daylight hours!!!
;-)

TG-- Call the dude!!! He's retired Navy, chances are he's a gentleman!!! Casually ask what it was that had so much to say to you! (I was in the Navy for 6.5 yrs and DH is retired and he's wonderful!!!)

I had to laugh at work the other night. My patient was 82 yrs old, and a real flirt! I walked in to introduce myself and do my assessment and it looked at me and said, "Well, now aren't you a cutey! I think that if I were 50 yrs younger, you'd have a run for your money!!!" He even introduced me to his family (even though I'd met them the night before)...."See that cute nurse out there, she's MINE! She's a doll!!!" My parents used to laugh at me because I've always seemed to be able to charm the older men! I guess I haven't lost it!

Off to get blonder!

I'll be back later!

Hi all,

Today is a run and then some yoga. Plus I did 10 minutes of abs before work. Pushups and pull ups from yesterday really helped tighen my core. They get so much done in so little time.

Jeanette- Sounds like you and DH are able to do a lot of activities together. We never can seem to find the time; expecially the last year with DH's FIL sick.

Traci - Surely there are conditioned muscles on those legs. How could there not be? I never worry about DOMS any more, unless it impacts the next day's workout. Then I try to re-think my plan.

Teddygirl - I'd gain 5 lbs if I ate that much junk food.

Laurie - Have fun with the yoga. Are you doing yoga X?

Jeanette - Good luck on the time trial. Do many people participate?

Got to go,

Tracy

Tracy: I’d gain like crazy too. To be honest what has saved me from that disaster is not eating meat, trying hard to keep some weight on my bones. I’m starting to get to skinny looking old, boobs hanging again to my knees and bags under eyes is very noticeable, not attractive, AT ALL. I've found out the older I get, having extra weight on my frame is a good thing. My sister told me the other day I’m getting to small, and it don’t look good in my face, I have to agree with her, it just doesn’t I already have a small face, my two brothers have always called me peanut head…

Really tho, I mention this before I can barely tolerate meat anymore, as it must be a 50 thing, is it? not sure. The point is this, the way I eat now is causing me too lose more weight than I want to. I eat practically the same foods, Eggplant everyday, Boco burgers, broccoli, cabbage lots of fruit etc... Even tho, I sometimes bring a meat for lunch, I won’t eat it, huh! But, I will have an episode like yesterday, I’m no saint, am a junk food eater, love sweets, pies, cream filled donuts, sh%% like that, always had.

Last week me and my sister went shopping I brought a pair of pants that were size 4. I believe we were at New York & Co couldn’t pass em up the were $5.99 original price was $49, and they only had one pair left in size 4, so tried them on and a perfect fit. But point is, that’s way to small for me, I’m more comfortable wearing a size 6 to 7/8. I’m pear shape, small at the top large at the bottom, my frame, isn’t made to be skinny or thin. I need to find balance

Need to focus more on strength training, because I’m very flabby, and not losing weight, Its going to work out.

Hello,

BodyMax is complete.

TraciX - SM#3 is my favourite of the 3, as well. Ooooh, you've actually gone ahead and created yourself a gym!! Great going!! DD and I didn't get up to much at all yesterday. It was the day of my hormone crash, and I just had zero energy to put into anything. So, I did a lot of "relaxing" (2 naps!) while she crawled all over me. Some days that's just how it is. I'm feeling better today. I actually have some motivation to clean up the house a bit: clean a couple bathrooms and vaccuum the rugs. I sincerely hope your lack of doms is from conditioned muscles (it only seems fair!). There's always that 2-day after doms that can happen when you try something different. I hope you aren't in for that!

Teddygirl - Awww, I thought for sure you'd call him! No one says you have to marry him...just have enjoy the flirtation, a couple of dates. Keep it casual and have a nice time. No?

LaurieX - Ohhhh, keeping the young ones entertained in the summer can be such a challenge, especially when so few of the friends seem to be at home. With both parents working, the kids are usually off at camps or day cares, leaving my DD moping about having no one to play with. She probably wants me to get a job so she can go to a camp! I'm going to sign her up for either a gymnastics or swimming camp for a week, but that's enough, IMO. I hope your allergies are at bay today. Strangely enough, when I have a congested head, I find yoga extremely helpful for clearing it out.

JeanetteX - Wow, your grandmother had her hip replaced at 93 years of age?? She must be a very healthy 93 year old, to be able to withstand such major surgery. Very impressive. I have a feeling you inherited her stamina. The blackpowder shoot sounds very interesting. Somehow it seems to go well with DH's side burns and woodstove. Do you have a dog or cat named Lincoln? Good luck on your time trial today!

TraciX - I was going to applaud you on your workout yesterday, but then you were nasty to me today, so I rescind all those supportive words. Instead, I'll ask, why didn't you do ALL the pull ups unassisted? Hmmmm? What's YOUR real goal? }( }( I'm kidding. That was a thorough, and thoroughly exhausting, upper body workout you did. It's nice to see so much progress. I'm not upset about my weekend eating. Compared to what others ate, it was quite good. It just wasn't 100% clean. I decided last month when I went vegan that in order for it to work in the long-term, I would be flexible when eating outside the home. So, we ate dinner at friends' homes on both nights, and I just ate what they offered, except for the meat servings. I actually tried a bite of a chicken burger, decided I didn't want to eat it one bit, so gave the patty to DH and put a slice of grilled eggplant on my bun instead. Since they were b-day parties, I got to enjoy cake both nights. Life is too short not to enjoy b-day cake!!

Wendy - As usual, your uber-productive days just put most of us to shame. Was this your 2nd last time doing CB?? Counting off each workout for the last time was the most enjoyable part of the rotation for me!

Amy - How sweet on the 82 year old flirt! You should have pulled an Anna Nicole Smith (up until the early drug-induced death). You'd be rich by now! Rich rich! Are the highlights looking nice?

Have a good day,
SandraX

SandraX: since you are a vegan, I have a question for you. My fitness goals are simply to lean and tone my body, simple huh? for reasons, I just can not find a or the balance to achieve it, and its bugging me out. Like I mentioned before, I'm pear shaped small top large bottom, argh… mainly large flabby thighs ooh we do I hate that. Lately, my diet has mainly been vegetables, fruits and occasionally buying meatless meats, have practically stopped eating meat, not that I’m trying to become a vegan or vegetarian, honestly I know nothing about either.

But, since cutting back on meats and working out the way I do, lately, when I do, lolx( I'm losing weight, which is fine, but I all I seem to be doing is getting thin and looking skinney, my body frame is not meant for me to be either, don’t look good, and buying size 4 not happy with that, at all.

What I’d really like to do is gain more muscles and lean my thighs, but I seem to be taking the wrong approach. I'm happy wearing a size 6 and even 7/8. When wearing either sizes, breast fuller:) face fuller:) butt fuller:) How, should I approach this thing since cutting back on meat intake, eat more of what?

What should a girl do? Suggestions are welcome.

Teddygirl~

Good Evening Ladies,

C&B is DONE! Feeling good. Plyo may just get done tonight! Time for personals! :) :):) :)

Teddygirl: I love the clothes at NY&Co. I only wish their pants fit my petite frame. I love your approach to fitness and size. Not too many women nowadays desire a fit appearance and will opt for a thin sickly look instead. Good luck with reaching your goals!

Sandra-X: I have days like that too. Glad to hear your energy has increased today! Your dd will have fun with either activity. Just FYI, all the gymnastic gyms in my area smell like old, stinky socks!x( Hopefully, the gyms in your area are Febreezed!:7 I never thought of counting down my workouts. Makes it seem like graduation is closer than it really is huh? I am considering doing another week of Week's 9&10 so Phil can get back into the swing of things. He might start back up next week. I miss working out with him.

Tracy-X: Enjoy your run and yoga. During C&B, I was contemplating doing a little yoga or X-stretch. Then I realized that I still had Plyo to do. :-( Yoga day will be here soon enough!

Amy: I'm so jealous of ladies whose hair can go blonder or darker. Apparently, blonds do have more fun! LOL at you charming older men. What did you finally decide to do tonight?

Jeanette-X: How did you do tonight on your MTT? Are you doing a faux X doubles rotation with added bike riding? How exciting that your sister is finally coming over to help you design a layout. I found an online tile forum with pictures and professionals. Phil isn't going to like that I was right and he was wrong. Oooo, guess who just walked in the door!

Be back after I gloat!
Wendy

Teddygirl,

I only have a minute, but here are a few ideas that come to mind. These are essentially higher calorie vegetable foods:

avocado - delicious, and can be used in all sorts of ways. When perfectly ripe, it can even be spread on bread instead of using butter. Or stir it together with some balsamic vinegar to make a creamy salad dressing. Or just slice it open and eat with a spoon. Very high in calories and healthy fats.

flaxseed oil - use it on popcorn, drizzle it on sandwich bread, use it as a base for salad dressings. Very healthy, has a slightly nutty flavour. Do not heat it, though, as it loses much of its health benefits that way.

beans, beans, beans - also very flexible, and some get up there in calorie density (garbanzo/chick peas; black beans). Eat lots. Canned baked beans are extremely convenient. Canned refried beans are delicious.

soy - if you can handle soy, check out the multitude of soy-based meat substitutes, usually found in or near the deli section of the grocery store.

dairy - if you like dairy, eat yogurt. Make fruit smoothies. Eat cheese and tomato sandwiches. (incidentally, cheese and vegemite/marmite are a match made in heaven, but most North Americans can't handle the flavour of vegemite/marmite).

nuts & seeds - nut butters are very calorie dense, and if you buy the all-natural peanut or almond butters, they're quite healthy for you. Who doesn't love peanut butter spread on apple slices? Or a peanut butter and banana sandwich? Almond butter is delicious on green beans.

dried fruit - very calorie dense, and a delicious snack. Stewed prunes are wonderful on hot oatmeal, or on ice cream. Dates and almonds are another divine pairing. Toss dried fruit into a bag of mixed nuts, or buy a bag of "Trail Mix." Yum!

granola - very high in calories, typically. Eat straight from the box, or stir it into some yogurt for a yummy bowl of goodness.

Supper's burning on the stove, so I gotta go. I hope some of these ideas work for you, and if you want more details about how to prepare or eat any of them, just ask.

Cheers,
Sandra

Gloating DONE! }( Poor Phil. He's never going to finish with this kitchen while I'm supervising!

Now, where was I...

Jeanette-X :) Let me know if you're interested in the tile forums and links. It can be a bit overwhelming getting advice and suggestions at times. My father needed a hip replacement after he was involved in a motorcycle accident. He used it as an excuse to get my sister and I to massage his back. LOL Glad that your grandmother's hips are doing better! Now, why would you think we'd envision y'all dressed up like hillbillies shooting guns? Is that what y'all are doing? Pretend shooting? LOL I'm so clueless as to what a blackpowder shooting is. See, I thought you already had a generator! You mean to tell me that you've camped all this time with electricity? Wow! You must really, really love your husband! :7 ;-)

Nicole: Just in case you get the chance to check in again... So, glad you were able to check in with us last night. Kudos to you for even working out at all! Have a great time!!!

Tracy-X: Oh, what a scary creature that cardinal seemed to be. He probably thought he spotted a competitor in the glass. I think that's what happened the day I saw one. A long time ago, I had one that used to attack our minivan's driver's side mirror. We didn't think to cover it with anything. At least, he didn't decide to mark his territory all over the minivan. YUCK! LOL on educating the Amish kids on being set apart from the world. }( Oh, I'm sure you a fine, upstanding citizen. There's only a handful of people I know who has probably never uttered a cuss word aloud. And, it wouldn't shock me to find out otherwise. You're push-ups and pull-ups are killing me! I have yet to be able to do one unassisted pull-up. I'm getting closer though. Maybe I'll be able to do it on my next round. How is your FIL doing these days? I've been meaning to ask, but always get sidetracked.

Traci-X: I vote for option B!!! I hope Wendell considers his future guests. Tell him if they don't have their own tv, he won't be able to get any private time with you! :) I really should try the bands we got with the X. I wonder if it would help me achieve my goal of one chin-up. :7

Laurie-X: Did you get a netipot to help with your allergies? I still need to order one for my MIL and Waverly. I'll do it tonight before Plyo. How happy you must have been to find your girls enjoying the sunny day! Looks like there won't be much loud activity in the neighborhood this week. The weather forecast is calling for rain all week. :7 :) ;-)

Hi to Cheryl, Debra, Swift Amy, and all who follows!

Gotta find out what Phil is doing in the kitchen. I hear loud banging!

Blessings!
Wendy

Hi, ladies! Late at night, and I'm finally checking in.

Traci, I am so excited about your workout room!!! On mirror - I decided where I wanted mine and called Jones Paint & Glass and had them assess the space and then make the mirror up and install it. I realized that's important because a sheet mirror 6' x 7' might be tricky to get through the doors and in to the room you have in mind. I hadn't thought of that.

Also, they glued the mirror to the wall and realized the wall was slightly warped. So they needed to put clips on the corners to keep the edges of the mirror exactly flush to the wall.

So that's my $.02 worth of advice.

And you can tell DH I said you need the new tv/dvd combo on a stand for your workout room! My DH gave me my own DVD player for christmas this year. Love him! It was the perfect gift. Now I don't have to fight the kids for the xbox }( }(

Teddygirl, I second all of Sandra's suggestions on your diets. Between avocados, greek yogurt, dried fruits and nuts and maybe some high quality chips and salsa I would have no trouble gaining weight - but weight workouts is where it is, for the older and hangy stuff.

Wendy, Jeanette, Sandra, I hope you're all having great nights!

Amy, love the story about the elderly patient. Yeah, you've still got it, girl. I'm all for the blond.

I'm feeling much better today! Made it through PUB, although somewhat weakly.

Traci, what do you think of the Slim Series Express? Is it worth it?

Have a great night, everyone!
Cheryl

Yaaah, I get to post personals tonite! I know I shouldn't but I feel so guilty when I don't post and talk to you alls.

Okay, the bike time trial tonite ... it was a good one, though we had a headwind coming back. Think we had 14 riders tonite, with 5 of them being women. I rode really hard, but didn't beat my personal best, missed it by 9 seconds. At first (probably from being oxygen deprived), I thought I was actually way slower by over a minute, but realized later that I did come close to my PB. When I got my PB, it was pretty much a windless evening, so I feel pretty good coming close tonite and with the wind blowing like it was. This year's goal will be to get into the 34 minute territory for this time trial of 12 miles.

Laurie, how was volleyball tonite? Did the old fogies spank the youngsters? Hope so!!! I need to download some pictures from my camera and will take some more of the shoot this weekend. The shoots are fun, you get to shoot your rifle, pistol and throw a "hawk" (tomahawk). The targets are fun ones like charcoal hanging on a string, tootie pops stuck in a log, colored straws, metal cutouts of animals, pieces of chain, etc.

Wendy, I'm so excited for your new kitchen!!! Do you like to cook a lot? I swear if I had a new kitchen I would start cooking more. Oh, my gosh! Lad, A Dog, was one of my very favorite books when I was young. I wanted a collie so bad. And yes, lost dogs just tear my heart out. I can't stand it. I just feel so bad for them. Glad that Baby is behaving better. My Dad has an old boxer that likes to push her head up under your hand for a scratch and pet, even if you have a drink in it. Spill city. No faux X rotation for me with the doubles. My cardio intensity is mostly pretty low. I just like the cardio routines of Christi Taylor. I have a few more DVD's of hers coming. Oooh, yes, I'd love the link for the tile forum. Can you get that for me? I'd love to see some designs. No, we didn't have generator before. We had power in the camp trailer when out in the woods, but only because it runs off the battery. When staying in a campground with hookups, we would then be able to use the microwave, hair dryer, curling iron, electric coffee maker, etc. Now I'll be able to tell DH to fire up the generator so I can make my nice coffee in the electric maker, instead of the little propane one that doesn't work very well and way too slowly. I can see that I'm going to like camping even more now! I'm going to try to get some pictures of the yahoos wearing their coonskin hats and moccasins and the ladies in their very dreary dresses.

Amy, how was the haircut and highlights? I have an appointment to get mine done next Tuesday. Can't wait as it needs it badly. Your patient sounds like a real cutey too. You sound like a really good nurse. My DS's girlfriend is taking classes to become an RN. She's been driving ambulance in Reno for the last 5 years and loves the medical field. Know she will be a good one.

Tracy, I feel like my DH and I are pretty fortunate in that we both like similar activities like camping, 4-wheeling, stuff like that. Of course, we both have activities that we do separately (like my biking, and his woodcutting and wannabe gold prospecting), but we always make the time to do things together. Took me about 17 years to figure that one out. We'll be married 28 years next month and I've got to say that the last 9 have been the best. We had 14 riders for the time trial tonite. The fastest time was 29 minutes and the slowest was like 54 minutes.

Teddygirl, I sure wish I had your problem of getting too thin. Really, I'd love to eat avocado, nut butters, dried fruit, all that good stuff that Sandra suggested. She was making me hungry. I know what you mean about looking older when your face is thinner. I've got the saggy boobs, saggy elbow skin, crows feet, etc. I'll be 50 next year so guess it's inevitable. However, I don't have the saggy underarm skin that my mom has so guess the weight lifting is helping.

Sandra, glad you are feeling better today. I was pretty droopy yesterday, but better today. The weekends just take it out of me more now than they used to. Yes, my Grandma has been extremely healthy and my Mom is too. Hardly ever a sick day at all for either of them. Think the only thing that bothers my Mom is the cold feet thing. I did look up Reynauds Syndrome but she doesn't seem to have those classic symptoms that I know of. Grandma broke her hip about 7 years ago, they pinned it but probably should have just replaced the hip at the time. Well, they didn't and the hip ball died, and the pins were pressing into her flesh, poor thing. She finally went to a specialist, they determined her heart was healthy enough for the surgery and they went for it. She says she has no pain now, can shop without using a walker and does very well. I was glad to see that you enjoy birthday cake. I do too and don't ever deprive myself of it for a loved one's occasion. LOL: re: Amy pulling an Anna Nicole Smith!

Cheryl, you are so right re: the weight workouts being what makes us look good as we get older. We need to be able to fill out that sagging skin with muscle LOL! I too could gain weight on Sandra's suggestions for Teddygirl! I love granola, dried fruit, nut butters, beans, avocados....

Got to go, see y'all in the morning.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.