*** 12 Week Check-In Wednesday 01/09 ***

banslug

Cathlete
[font size=+2 font color=blue]GOOD MORNING, EVERYBODY![/font]

HOW ARE WE SO FAR? What's on your agenda today???

My workout this morning is DONE! My legs are FRIED. Between outdoor runs for 2 days straight and this morning's killer workout, my poor legs need a break! lol Here's what I did:
***ME Leg Press Premix (as a warm up with 10# plate)
***BFL lower body weight work (heavy)
***B&G floor work and stretch!
YOWZA!!!!! I'll be walking funny today!

Today has a busy first-half of the day. I'm cleaning my friend's house in the morning and going right to work from there. It quiets down then, as the kids go to Religion Class before dinner. Quiet night. Looking forward to that.

Temps are to hit the 60s again, but I'm NOT planning a run today! LOL

I'll check back after work/school to say HI to everybody else!

Gayle

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!! Good morning all. I purposefully slept in today, knowing since DS is at preschool, I could get in a glorious extended workout and really enjoy it. ONLY to wake up to reports of NO SCHOOL because of high winds and no power! NOOOOOOOOOO!

So no idea what's on tap for today. I'll hope to check in later, assuming I still have power. Enjoy your day, and whatever you do --- KICK IT UP! BTW, I'm down 3 pounds. Yay. Sometimes you just need that little motivator to start it up again huh? Enjoy your day all.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

OMG! LORRIE! I LOVE THAT new avatar! GORGEOUS PICTURE!!!!!!!!! Such cute MONTSTERS, too! Enjoy whatever you end up fitting in. How about including the kids in a workout???

Gayle

Hey what a GREAT IDEA - BICKER MAX!!! And it'll run all day long! HA! Thanks Gayle! (Actually my 6 y.o. does like to work out with me and you should see her do 4DSKB - she rocks!!!!) And right back atcha' gf on the avatars - I LOVE your Xmas one of you and the boys. You and your svelte little self!

Where is everyone?

Lorrie

Hi, everyone! Just a quick check-in before I take my daughter to school! Workouts have been going well! I'm feeling stronger and more energetic. Eating has been a bit of a struggle, I must admit. Nights are hard! My body seems to be craving carbs then. Ok, I'll check in later, after my workout, before work! Keep up the great work and positive attitudes:) ~~Nancy. J.~~

Morning everyone,

This morning was KenpoX+. I have to say it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I worked up a sweat and in the 35 minutes I was able to burn 362 calories so that was good.
So far from the X+ set I think the strength workouts are definately hard than the original X but the cardio ones don't seem as tough as I thought they would be. I mean they are tough and you get out of them what you put in but not so tough that you dread to do them.

everyone sounds like they are doing great with workouts and eating. I had one dark chocolate dove candy yesterday. Otherwise eating was good.

Wondering if anyone has some good protein shake recipes?

Rhonda

Hi everyone. Snowshoeing yesterday was great. I had such and awesome time, but it kicked my butt. I burned 1400 calories in 2 hours. I was ravenous last night and I am not at home so I ate quite a bit and did the best that I could. Today we have a workshop in the afternoon at 2:30 so no playing outside, but I think I can get a workout in around noon. I also want to do some shopping too so we'll see what happens.

Hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning,

Boy Gayle, you sure did fry your legs. That is a lot of leg work in one day. Something I hope to build up to. Today I will do PLB. I don;t have time for any more than that workout.

Eating still on track. Protein shake at 6:30 then scrambled egg whites w/salsa and 1/2 ww english muffin at 9:00. I absolutely love this new was of eating. I look forward to each and every meal.

Belinda - Hope your leg feels better today.

Carolyn

Quick check in before I go to work. Brkfst. was cereal, grapefruit, and toast. I will be doing body fusion tonite. Snack am protein bar, and banana. Lunch broiled chicken, fettucine p.m. snack salad with chicken and an apple. Supper don't know yet. Have a good day everyone post more later.

BickerMax - LOL ;)

Sunday I did 4DS KB and even got SO's very athletic DS to join in for some of it!

Yesterday was so beautiful out that I went on a little walk/jog. Thinking about picking up running to add to my routines but not sure about it yet. (My knees are saying Noooooooo!)

Eating has been ok, yesterday was pretty good actually. Had pesto with dinner so skipped dessert. Mmmmm. Pesto.

Today I think I'll do 4DS LIS if I have time enough in the afternoon.

Weight hasn't budged but I'm not surprised - it usually takes me a long time to lose weight. Last year I lost about a pound a month.

Take care!

Yeah. BickerMax gave me a good chuckle too! My boys are CONSTANTLY at each other these days. Monday, I warned them that they have until this weekend to shape up, or else I'm going to make them SHARE A BEDROOM! ACKKKKKKKKKKK! you would have thought I told them I was going to cut off their arms! LOL

Gayle

Day 12 of 12 Week Challenge

Lorrie - You have a nice looking family. Hope you get your workout in today.

Rhonda - I love KenpoX. It feels like a workout I get at my Dojo (Tae Kwan Do studio) when they're trying to whip us into shape.

Karin - I'm jealous you guys still have snow! We've had nothing but rain the last 2 days which is really unusual for Wisconsin in January. We're supposed to get 5 inches Friday morning though. May have to dig out the snowshoes or x-country skis.

Hi to everyone else!

Had Dojo last night. Played with padded sticks and practiced wrist locks so not a vigrous workout. More mental than anything. Definitely challenging. Tired today after being paged at 3:00 a.m. so no workout yet. Will either do cardio tonight or take a rest day. I'm seeing my doctor today about my thyroid. I've been so tired lately and the pounds come off soooooo slowly. I'm on thyroid meds now but I think the meds may need adjustment. I weighed myself and I'm actually up a pound! How did that happen? I haven't cheated on my diet. I'm eating clean. (sigh) Will have to watch it especially close today. It's days like today when I get discouraged I start telling myself "Go ahead and have a _____________ (insert favorite treat here). You're not losing anyway so might as well enjoy yourself." I think we've all been there. . .

Sue

No Sue - DON'T LET GO!!!! I so know that feeling when you think it's not working, so why not indulge. Actually over the holidays I found myself thinking "so what's so awful with being a lot overweight? Lots of people are!!!" But then - when I tried to run with my kids and do life at the speed I usually do, and I was WINDED - I remembered. And Jean (dreamiejeanie) really hit home when she said to me "giving up just doesn't make sense". She's SO RIGHT! Stay focused - you've made it to day 12 - KEEP GOING! Good luck with the doc's appt - keep us posted.

Lorrie

Bickermax! :D

This morning was Kickbox from 4ds after I dropped the children off at school. I really love the 4ds!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Sheree'

Hi everyone.

Lorrie - BICKERMAX...love it! Your new avatar is BEAUTIFUL!!! Your little monsters look so sweet and innocent...;-) hehehe..

Sue - I agree with Lorrie, try not to get discouraged. Easier said than done, I know. We've all been there!

Karin - Wow...1400 calories burned. You go with those snowshoes girl!!!

Still on track with eating CLEAN and getting my workouts in. I haven't missed one yet. WOOHOO!! Tonight is UB. Not sure what I'm doing yet. Probably PUB, but I'll decide later.

Talk to everyone later!!

Lorrie, we have BickerMax @ my house too! I think my kids just spent too much time indoors together over the holiday break. It was cold & windy (and I was sick) so we didn't get out much. They're back @ school now, though, thank goodness!

Gayle, I'd be pulling my limp legs on the floor as I commando-crawled around if I did that leg WO! GEEZ!

Karin, snowshoeing is great fun (and a LOT of work!). When I was a kid, my brother and I used to put on the snowshoes & run around the yard having snowball fights. It's HARD to run in snowshoes! LOL.

Well, I'm finally starting to feel like working out might be OK. The chest congestion has lightened up considerably over the last couple days. I FINALLY had a good clean eating day yesterday too! It might take me awhile but I'M NOT GIVING UP!!!!

Must run - need to get some work done since that's what they pay me for. Have a great day everyone!

Hi Everyone,

My eating has been pretty good this week. I weighed myself at home yesterday and I was down 2.2lbs. I weigh in at WW today at lunch. I expect the scale to be down there as well (even with my clothes on).

Sue-I know your'e struggles. I'm hypthyroid as well. Consistency is what works for me. I also need to do as much cardio as possible, 5 or more days per week and 3-4 days of weight training.

Diana

Hello, Challengers!
Hope you're all having a good Wednesday. I am getting up a little earlier each day this week. Today I woke up a few minutes before 6:00 am and got in 4DS Boot Camp. I love that workout! I'm just hoping my plantar fasciitis doesn't rear its ugly head now that I've been trying some medium to high impact exercise. Breakfast was two Kashi waffles and coffee. Lunch was turkey sandwich, and snack was yogurt with strawberries. Going out with friends for dinner to a Mexican restaurant--it's going to be tough to be good! I'll order something small and (hopefully) take home half of it. Oh, the chips and salsa are so tempting....

Gayle, that cookbook didn't give the nutritional information for its recipes--that's where I got the Mexican chicken soup recipe I posted yesterday. It sounds fairly "clean"--I didn't use cheese on mine and only a dab of low-fat sour cream. Hope you like it if you cook it.

Have a great day, everyone!

Valerie

I'm tired, cranky and hungry. I think I am starting to get a cold. I feel a little scratchy in the throat and am a bit stuffy :-(

Got up early this am and did LIS. I made it through the whole thing (only had to take one break to go potty). Eats have been OK today: cottage cheese, banana and whole wheat toast for breakfast, cashew cookie Larabar for snack and veggie burger (no bun) with pepper jack cheese and salsa plus a bowl of veggie soup for lunch. I'll have a protein shake later and salmon is on the menu for dinner tonight.

I was up 0.5 lb this am, no big deal. Unless it was DOWN 0.5 lb, then THAT would be HUGE! :D

Gayle - my goodness, I need a nap after reading that WO. You rock!

Lorrie - WTG on the 3 lb. loss! It feels pretty good doesn't it. I hope that you all don't loss power. I am on the west side of OH and we have had some flooding here today, no power outages though, praise the Lord. Your family is beautiful, BTW :D

Andrea - glad to hear you are feeling better! Stick with it!

Rhonda - ::::::drool:::::: over the Dove chocolate. Here's my fave protein shake recipe: 8 oz OJ, one banana, handful of ice, 2 scoops Designer Whey French Vanilla. Blend till smooth and frosty. :) I also found a great frozen fruit mix at Meijer's. It has peaches, cherries, pineapples and some other fruit. The cherries add a great flavor. I mix that with apple juice and the vanilla protein. Quite tasty!

Karin - 1400 calories?!?!?! I need to find me some snow and some snowshoes!

Sue - hang in there. Thyroid issues can be tough to deal with. I'd be curious to hear what your dr. has to say.

I hope everyone has a fabulous and healthy day. I'm starting to feel less cranky already! I just needed to check in with you all. :p (I'm still hungry, though. :-( )

I'm thinking BickerMax must be the best selling dvd of all time ;-) We use it daily at our house...

Today is ME for me and I'll be doing it with my new barbell for the first time--Woo hoo! I love having something to be excited about.

DH and I are still on track with phase 1 of SBD and he's doing great.

Our first "official" weigh-in and measuring will be this Saturday and I just realized something horrible. I should get my period right about then x( x( I'm going to have to change the rules or he's going to whoop me! Sorry if that was TMI, but I know you all can sympathize with the 3-5 lb monthly bloat. If I just hold steady from what I know I weighed last weekend I'll be happy. It should drop again a few days after.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Kelly

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.