*** 12 Week Challenge March 2nd***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

After yesterdays workout I didn't know what to do today. Seems like I had all areas covered so I ended up doing Hc Extreme #3. It was a good workout but I hate having to "think" that early in the morning. I didn't want to run b/c I did that yesterday. So even though running takes up lots of energy, you don't actually have to think...just put one foot in front of the other. But with stepping or any cathe workout you have to pay attention...kind of hard to do at 6 in the morning;)

Hope everyone as a good day! Do you guys look at a Sun as being the beginning of the week or the end? I always think its the beginning.

Lori:)

Good Morning Challengers!

Lori-Great early workout..as far as my workout schedule goes,today is the begining of the week,but im sure when i start working agina-it will be the end of the week!

Todays workout is a 30 min interval run on the tm!

I had fun yesterday,on my free day }( But its time to get my butt in gear this week! I looked at my food diary for last week and I took two rest days :eek: and thats not including yesterday :eek::eek:! I took one last sunday,but made that workout up on monday and I took one on wednesday because I was sick! Plus i only did one HIIT so maybe thats why the scale didn't move! So,thats what I mean when I say-Its Time To Get My Butt In GEAR and put on my game face }(

Whats everybody plans for today? Were just gonna hang around the house and let the kids play outside since its suppose to be around 67 today :eek:...weird wheather!

bbl

Good Morning,

A week and a half has already passed since I joined this check in. Time flies! Today is an active rest day, more snowshoeing after church. :)

Lori, I consider Sunday the beginning of the week.

Amelia, I'm with you - It's time to get my butt in gear too! Game face is ON!

Marcia, I wish you could come to my class; we'd have fun!

Hello to everyone else and Happy Sunday! :)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Hi guys! I've been MIA the last few days - sorry about that. It's been a rough week. Every night we had something going (jazz band concert, baseball practice, etc.) Add in not getting enough sleep and pre-Algebra drama from DD12. (She's having trouble in high math so I end up helping her every night and sometimes the tears flow when she doesn't get it.) I was exhausted by the end of the week. Took a half day Friday and ever since it feels like I've been doing nothing but sleeping. I think my body is fighting off the flu or a cold. Everyone else in my dept. has been sick and because of this important project we're all working on, they still come in instead of taking a sick day like they should. x(

Trying to get back on track now after a few days of comfort food. Yesterday was good eating-wise. Did Step Blast combos 1-3. Don't know yet what I'll feel like today - just trying not to overdo.

Take care,
Sue

Shirl,have fun snowshoeing...agian!;-)

Sue-sounds like you have been super busy! I'am sure your DD12 will get that algebra down soon,i took my ged about 6yrs ago and i also had algebra drama with it;-)(and I wasn't a teen at the time,lol) its tough stuff!

ok,just surfing catheland

bb after my workout!:)

Good Mornong Everyone,

Today is a rest day for me, but I need to makeup the TM day since my workouts got messed up. Going to SILs house today for my nephews b-day and I believe she is fixing spaghetti. The weather here is suppose to start out good then change by this afternoon, the wind is blowing incredibly hard. DH and I got the yard all cleaned up from the ice storm finally. Have a good day all of you. I consider Sunday the beginning of the week.

Hey guys! Happy Sunday!

I'm waiting for SO to get home from his trip to his parents' house, then I'll be dropping my kids there and off I'll go for my 10 mile long run OUTSIDE! The sun is out, the temps are rising, and I'm SOOOOOO PUMPED up for today's run! Then I'll shower and head back over to his house to hang with him and all the kids!

Lori-I like to think of Sunday as the beginning of the week! It really helps me, mentally, to a)keep my eating in check and b)get into the 'game' for the coming week!

Ladies...question for you all. I'm starting to use the 4DS for the very first time this week. OK.....I think this is what I have worked out for the week. The most important thing for me right now are my training runs for my Half, so they will NOT change. Here's what I've got:

Sun: (today) 10 mile long run, nice and steady
Mon: 4DS chest, back and shoulders
Tues: 4DS Legs & Core + 7 miles easy (AM outside)
Wed: 4DS Bis & Tris (AM) + 6 miles easy (PM outside)
Thu: 8 miles of speedwork (on treadmill)
Fri: 4DS shoulders + core, floor work (B&G???)
Sat: 5 miles easy (most likely using an ITread on TM)
Sun: 11 mile long run

What do you guys think?????? I'm not sure how I feel about hitting each upper body part just once a week, but we'll see how it goes. Have any of you used the premixes??? I see the LIS/HIS DVD has these 2 premixes: Back & Biceps------Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, which would break the UB into 2 days instead of 3. OH! All these thoughts going thru my head!

Happy Sunday!

Gayle

Good morning all,

Happy to say my "real" calves are back this AM - though the nicely rounded out ones, even though it was pure bloat, looked good:7

Ate well and got in Leaner Legs with a half hour on the TM - slow run with a two HIIT fast incline walks in the middle. My lower legs felt like lead and I had a hard time keeping up the running.

Am thinking of trying for a long distance today - 5 miles is not too hard for me normally - think I'll stick in my "24" DVD and see how many shows I can get through.

Lori - HC Extreme? Don't have those, how do you like them? I kinda go by rotations so think of Sun as the end of the week. Helps me on my eating plans too since the weekend is not as structured for me.

Amelia - I ended up with extra rest days this week too, but sometimes I think it works out OK to give your body a little extra time because we usually work so hard anyway. Kick some butt this week girl:D

Shirl - have another fun day in the snow <<<getting a bit jealous here>>>.

Sue - welcome back after your busy time, hope you get your energy back soon and kick the sickness. Little bits at a time works great when returning since you need to still give yourself extra rest to recoup.

Roxie - have a nice TM day, spaghetti sounds yummy ! I love it when we have the family niece/nephew bdays. I really enjoy being around the little ones since mine are older:D

Gayle - Hope your run was fantastic and you have a good time hanging with the "boys". 4DS is a great DVD and I didn't feel the need to add extra upper body. Maybe you could add a full body workout in somewhere and just do a timesaver(?) if you feel the need. Not quite sure where that would be unless you combine the 4DS UB's somehow, your week looks pretty busy in the WO dept.

I'll be hanging around the house today, the sun is shining nicely so may work in the yard for a while to add to my Vitamin D today:7 Boy I can't wait until it gets a bit warmer.

Have a nice Sunday ladies. TTFN

Jacque-you like watching "24"? I use to be in to it,but the last season i just got to busy to watch it! After I get done watching the current series im in"My-so called life"(LOL,reminds me of being a teen-when I watched it back then)anyway when I get threw with it i was thinking about watching 24! how was last season..good? I probably watch it anyway because i like keither sutherland :D ,Great workut BTW;-)

Gayle-your rotation looks good! And your run is amazing today! Wow,all the runners on here make wanna do a long distance run,but im sticking to my HIIT's for right now- until i get this weight off! I do wonder how long i could last though?

ok,im done with my workout! Did abbs,my own thing then a 30 minute run interval on the TM

everybody have a great day:)

Lori – I don’t like to think at 5 in the morning either. ;-) I only do cardios that I know well so the thinking isn’t too hard. :) I’ve tried learning new dvds during the week when I’m up early but it doesn’t go very well. I save those for Saturday or Sunday. I haven’t done any of the Hardcore Extremes in quite a while. I remember them being tough though. Maybe that’s why I haven’t done them lately. ;-) I consider Sundays the beginning of a new week even though I haven’t followed a rotation in awhile. It helps make Mondays a little easier if I get the week off to a good start on Sunday.

Amelia – I’m with you and Shirl on getting my butt in gear! :) I had 2 rest days last week even though my body really needed them I feel guilty. That Algebra is tough stuff even for a 43 year old (or should I say especially for a 43 year old!) It’s been 30 years since I’ve done this stuff and it’s embarrassing how much you forget. Nothing special planned today. Going to hang around the house today and rest some more. Also making the cabbage meatloaf for dinner tonight.

Shirl – Happy snowshoeing! I did that a few weeks ago. While it was fun, I just want to see it all melt now. Yah, I know – I’m a party pooper! LOL

Roxie – Enjoy your spaghetti dinner and hope you don’t get hit by a bad storm.

Gayle – I’ve done both upper body premixes from 4DS on the same day and it very doable. Or, if you don’t like that you could do the 2 upper body premixes over 2 days instead of 3 and then maybe you can fit it a full body endurance workout. You’ll have to see how you feel with all that running.

Jacque – Kudos to you for running after Leaner Legs. My legs would feel like lead, too if I tried that. ;-)

Well I did PLB this morning. It was rough. My HR was racing and I felt dizzy after the leg presses so I added some P90X Recovery drink to my water and that helped. Was going to do cardio, too, but I think I’ll just take it easy the rest of the day.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Sue

Sue-I meant to make that cabbage meatloaf this week but my DH hates cabbage(and i had to stick to a food budget this week). I will make it next week though for me to freeze! Let me know how you like it!

Just poppin' in and out while I eat.

Amelia/Sue - made the turkey/cabbage meatloaf last week. DH (the tried and true meat and potatos guy) didn't even notice the cabbage in the meatloaf. I chopped up some of the preshredded so it was pretty small pieces and just blended in. Of course I made garlicky mashed potatoes to go with it, but DH said "this isn't bad for turkey". I said "it has cabbage in it too". He said "hmmmmm, I couldn't tell".:p And I really like Keifer and quite a few of the other cast members of the "24" crew. But absolutely love the story line too.

So have to add that for breakfast I took 1/2 a portion of the meatloaf, chopped it and stuck it in with some eggs and some fresh homemade salsa from last night, then scrambled. Perfect pairing with a piece of sprouted bread:9

Am very pleasantly full now and will have the energy to go hit the garden to clean it up a bit so my bulbs will show;-)

Am also hoping the energy will last until I get on the TM this afternoon to try to hit somewhere near 10 miles.

Lori - I watched 24 here and there when I could but missed tons of episodes. So when my DS got me DVD's of Grey's Anatomy (which I watch but am not a total diehard, he used to come home from hockey while I was watching so got me the DVD's) I took them back and got the first 2 seasons of "24". Then this year my oldest DS got me Season 3. Got a gift card for my bday too so will probably get 4 & 5. Eventually I'll "catch" up. But now that I have been able to set up a Fitness Room for myself, got a TM and have a TV with a DVD player in it, Voila !, I am all set for my TM/"24" workouts:+

Off to the GardenMax for me. TTFN

Afternoon Girls !

I didn't get a chance to check-in yesterday. Got busy doing stuff.

I did do my 3mile run followed by some back and ab work. It was a good workout.

Today was a *rest* day . Nice one at that. I know my body appreciates one day off. I don't count a certain day as a free day. Perhaps thats why I don't fall off the eating wagon-- who knows. But it works for me. Today is also weigh-in day. I didn't lose anything. Numbers are staying the same. So that's a good thing I guess. I do know jeans/pants are fitting different. I have noticed muscles popping in my arms/shoulders and abs. YAY!

I did some shopping today. Was nice to try on bikinis and shorts. We also did lunch out. I was a good girl and selected a big a$$ salad :9 with a drink. I can't always be good }(

Tomorrow is a 12miler. I also will work triceps. I'll either report early prior to my run or after if I survive :) The rest of the week has Tuesday: Circuits Wednesday: 4miles Thursday: 4miles Friday: 6mile speedwork Saturday: 3miles. I won't bore ya with my weight work right now--but I'll definately report it daily :) :) I'm entering week 10 of my challenge. I'm 2 pounds away from my goal of 116. I don't know if I'll be losing much more. But if I keep seeing the muscles and BF stays same or drops--I'll be happy. Like I said--jeans/pants and even that bikini today is all fitting nicely :)

I may be back for personals tonight or wait to catch up tomorrow a.m. when I'm enjoying my coffee.

Amelia -

I thought it was tasty. DH said it was "all right" so not a rave review from him but he did help himself to 2nds and 3rds so he must have liked it well enough. ;-) I have leftovers to freeze so that's always good. Will definitely make this one again.

Sue

Very late post - I'm guessing that not many will read it, but that's OK. I've been crazy busy since Friday and just haven't had time to stop in here.

I did WO yesterday - KPC cardio premix w/ 1lb wrist weights. I was hoping for a little soreness in the arms, but didn't get it...maybe I need the 2lb wrist weights. Don't want to go too heavy though cuz then it interferes with being able to do the punches @ tempo. I have some 1/2lb weights that I might add for next time.

I'm going to do the March rotation - well most of it anyway - since I'll be gone the last week of March. I like the looks of this one and I just need to commit to something structured, I think. I need a substitution for the IMAX WO though - any thoughts?

OK, gotta run - I need to try to get the kiddos wound down and into bed. TTY tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.