*** 12 Week Challenge Jan 31st ***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning Hot Mammas!

Im up and getting ready to start my workout. Don't be fooled! Im not as excited or energetic as this post may come across! If anything, I probably should have slept for another hour and skipped the workout! But you know I couldn't do that!
I will return when I get to work!

Lori:)

Hi girls!,

Lori nice pictures, I don't have enough courage to put pics of myself on the net. I certainly don't look anywhere near as good as you girls! Well done!

I PLB'd (going up in weight now, I am even going heavier than Cathe for the last pyramid) and then followed that with 20 mins of all step to shake my jelly legs out. I am starting now to appreciate why so many folks rave about going heavy with the weights, the sweat (not perspiration but SWEAT) was pouring off me! Whew!

I havn't eaten that great today but ...... its my daily saga.

My daughter goes back to school tomorrow, I hate that! I love having the kids home during school holidays. Its a bit sad for me (I'm a sook I admit it, but I adore my two girls!)

You girls have a great day, I'm off to bed to read and unwind.

Andrea
P.S I'm from Australia.
:)

Morning Girls :)

Today's workout is my 5mile run at the gym Had to switch things up due to weather yesterday. So I run the next three days. I did my cross training on the bike yesterday morning for 60mins. Then later yesterday afternoon had some tme and did Butts & Guts. I'm liking this DVD --but then again I like DOMS. MY legs may give out on mile 2 this morning LOL. I'm also working triceps to ME and PUB.

My gym is offering a pilates class--may have to try that sometime.

Andrea: Nice to meet you. I'm sure you are enjoying your hot weather in Australia. I have no idea what the temperature is here this morning but I know when I let my retriever out this morning --he didn't stay out for long LOL.

Lori: How is your son feeling? Is it a small airport you work out?

BRB coffee is done --YUM :9

Well would'ya' look at that? Who finally joined the ranks of the 12 weekers again? Power's back. Up at 4 --- itread 24 (60 min) done, 4DSBC cardio only - done, and some leg freestyling. BBL to play with my new kettlebell. Crazy last few days - I need to read what's been going on. Hope you all are well. Do it right.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Good Morning Chanllengers

Today is going to be 20mins of HIIT!

DH and I Finally got the new Tread Mill put together last night! it took forever because I had to make a quick run to walmart where I purchased it! Can you guys believe that the INSTRUCTION MANUAL and HARDWARE were missing from the box? Talk about being PISSED!! I called walmart and the lady said"oh,just bring it back and will exchange it" I immediately said"NO MAM!" -After talking with the manager she just gave me the missing parts out of another one that they had....it was still a P.I.T.A that I had to drive there at 9at night!

ok,vent over;-)

I will BBl with personals!

Good morning, ladies!

Amelia-first, I'm not surprised that the paperwork and part were missing. Second, imagine the NEXT person that buys the treadmill, from which the manager took these things from to give it to you! LOL And so the cycle continues. NOW....go get an iTread! LOL

Hi to everybody!!!! I have to take a shower, DS is begging to the PC before school, so I'll be back later for more personals.

This morning's workout was iTread 13, part of iTread 26, and abs from Boot Camp (the original boot camp...I LOVE these abs).

My younger sis is coming in from N Carolina today. She's home till Sunday to see our older sis's new baby (who is just adorable, by the way). I'm focussing on getting to Sunday. WHen sis is home, she and my mom just want to eat out all the time (my younger sis is overweight, quite). So last night I already asked mom if I could cook dinner for the whole family Friday night. I suggested a pot roast (YUM) and veggies.

I've also decided that I need to rethink Free Day in a BIG WAY. After last week's cold and run-over-by-the-wagon incident, I realized I was starting to think of food in the wrong way again. That tends to happen after a while. Usually, I cook/prep on Sunday for the week, and then that food is gone by Sunday. But what I'd like to start doing it cooking on Sunday like normal, then doing it again mid-week so that I have clean eats to carry into Sunday. I still plan on a few splurges on Sunday, but not all day, all you can eat! HA!

Oh, and that reminds me. Last night I made my Tuna Macaroni Salad (the recipe that's in my BFL recipe document) with cans of salmon instead of tune, just to try it out. YUMMY! Also, the Turkey Black Bean Chili...it freezes and reheats PERFECTLY! I froze all of it last week and I've been heating it straight from the freezer to eat.) I think a few of you have those recipes, right??? If not, let me know and I'll share!

OK...time to shower. I'll BBL after the school bus!

Gayle

Hello everyone well I have been MIA lately but it is time to get cracking again. My job is having a Biggest Loser contest that I plan on winning. So I have cleaned up my eating a lot, it isn't perfect but I have dropped 4 pounds in two days. I am also sticking to the workouts. My plan is to do LIC,BM2,DM,CF,BG and some interval elliptical training. The prize is 300 dollars. I figure if I win, I can complete my Cathe Collection or buy the workout manager when it is released (hopefully soon). I tried the protein pancake recipe, that was awesome! My husband said that it was better than regular pancakes. It really helped the sugar cravings, I almost caved and made cookies. Everyone have a good day.

Good morning, quick post for me for now. I got up and did 25 minutes on the treadmill, that's all I could fit in this morning. I'm off to work and then bartend tonight.

Scale was down two pounds!!!! Talk to everyone soon.

Tonight I'm hoping to get in some shoulder work before heading off to my second job.

Marcia.

Im back to report my workout!:) I should really refill my coffee cup in the meantime.!

I did ME abs a 3 mile run, followed by 4DSBC ( I forgot how much fun that one is!) Im thinking IF I have the energy tonight I may squeeze in another small run. I wouldn't count on it though:)

Kath** Enjoy your workout today! Im not sure whats wrong with DS. He hasn't gotten any new teeth in a while so that could be it, or he just may have been having a hard night. Lets hope tonight isnt a repeat:)

Andrea** Good night! I keep forgetting the time dif!

Gayle** Have fun with your sisters this weekend.I know that when my sis is home I tend to eat more junk. Mainly b/c we go to my moms house and I feel like I am on vaca. Plus we play games alot and there is always chips taken outx(

Trish** I think winning the competetion and getting some more workouts is a great idea! We are all routing for you!

Lorrie** Nice workout! You made up for lost time!

Marica** Congrats on the weightloos woo hoo! You must be so excited!

Alright, I have to get my lazy buttocks into gear. My eyes even feel heavy! MORE COFFEE!!

Lori

:)

Hi, everyone!
Its funny, yesterday I posted that my stomach was a little off. Then, Lori said something about me eating pizza. Well, as much as I love pizza, I haven't had any in a while!!! I think that may have been someone else, perhaps?? A few others posted about this pizza, and I was, like, huh??? Anyways, I do feel a little better today. Hey, that pizza is sounding real good ;-)
Today I am doing Cardio Camp premix (35 min.) and muscle endurance.
Tommorrow will most likely be a rest day, because I have jury dutyx(
Take care, Nancy J.~~~

Yes Nancy! I must have gotten you mixed up with someone else! Quit possible when I read all of those post. I thought someone was grubbling about a bad belly and that they were sorry for eating pizza! LOL Ill have to go look and see! hehe
Have fun with your workout! ME is another great workout!

Lori:)

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I ran 3 miles and then did CF....Whew! HRM said I burned 870 calories. I need to go refuel with some breakfast and more water!:p
Today at school is our Chuckwagon Lunch. We dress western, sing and dance around the pretend campfire and eat hot dogs, cowboy beans, chips and pudding. Not me, of course!! And then I am off tomorrow for Stock Show day! Yeah!

Have a great day!
Gin
:) Yee Haw!!

Lorrie--I sent a msg to you asking about the 3 day walk.

Hi all,
I've been MIA too, but have been working out and eating better. I'm finding that I have to stop trying NEW approaches to eating/exercise things and just do what works for my body. It's that whole YMMV thing...Since I re-focused on Sunday, the scale is has moved downward several notches after an ugly climb that wouldn't budge. (It wasn't muscle or water, it was pudge!)

I'll try to some personals now and BBL for rest:

Lori - I remember a pizza post too. Your mind is not lost!

Roxie - ((((hugs!)))) I looked at your post the other day re: timesaver and checked out the dvd description and I can totally see why you're frustrated. You're basically having to learn 5 new routines in one week! Even if they are short, if you're new to Cathe's step programs, it's a LOT to remember! I hate to suggest spending more $$, but LIC (from the Drill Max series) is an easier routine to learn; the wt work is awesome and the premixes are great. Another idea is to do #5 KB first as your cardio workout, then tack on 5 minutes of #1 cardio. When you've mastered those 5 minutes, try the next 5 and so on. Alternatively, just do the #1 step routine every other day (using the #5 KB on the other days) until you master it and just vary the wt work each time. Once you've got the #1 routine down, THEN try #2. I learned Cathe's step workouts just doing one segment at a time (and I always include the warm up as one segment! LOL!). In a few weeks, you will "break the code" on Cathe's cueing plus know what step she's referring to when she says things like "okay, reverse mambo off the step". Don't give up--I know you are working hard. Your results will show! HTH.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Good Morning Everyone,

Quick post then I have to go to work. Today is my off day, but I will probably walk on the TM for 30min and then Shimmy. I'll report more later when I have time.

Andrea (idream) - I didn't know you were from Austrailia! Don't know how I missed that interesting tidbit. As far as the eating goes, I'm right there with you. Keep trying! :)

Punka274 - What a clueless Walmart manager - "Bring it back and we'll exchange it" :eek: So did you try it out yet?

Trish - Congrats on losing 4! That would be awesome to win $300 in your BL competition. Isn't it funny that when we get extra cash the first thing we think of automatically is buying more workouts dvds! :)

Marcia - Yay on the 2 pounds!

Gin - Wow - 870 calories! Have fun with your cowboys and cowgirls today. :)

Jonahnah - Another one losing - great job!

After sleeping in yesterday I did BM2 Cardio Blast last night. This morning was GS-CT Timesaver since I had to leave early and drive DD to Jazz Band before school.

Sue

Hey girls,

I got my workout in on the TM today,I LOVE that thing! I decided to try out the programs on there first. I did 30mins of the 'fat burning' interval,which was easy...speeds no faster than 4. and I think the highest incline was 8...then I got cocky and decided to try the 'areobic'interval workout and OMG,it started off at 3.5 speed with a 4incline and gradually increased speed and incline then it would go down...at one point i was jogging at 7. @ a 5 incline ,but only for like 3mins,and THAT was enough,LOL .

Anyhoot I got a 50minute workout in! I think next time i will do the aerobic interval starting off,that was a nice challenge!

Gesh,DS was driving me nuts the entire time!

Marcia-WOOHOO on the two pds lost...High fives to ya! so glad to hear that!:)

Janahnah,Good job to you as well! We are just on fire!!

Gin-:eek: 870 cals burned :eek: you go girl!! Thats wonderful!

Gayle-ok,now which itread should I start out with?LOL I would like to do a walk/jog interval or something similar. Im new to jogging,as a matter of fact the last time I jogged was in the summer! What do you suggest! OH and I have been wanting to try that tuna mac dish you sent me....so it IS yummy! ok, I'll try it! I also have chille in the freezer!

sue-Good job on bm2 yesterday,one of my favs!

sorry for anybody I missed,gotta go get a shower and clean the house and do all that boring stuff,bbl

Hi, Everyone!
We've got some semi-cold weather here, too, but no school closings today. I didn't get to work out this morning and was not planning on having time to do it today, due to a Bible study and then a lunch meeting. But DD's school called at 9:30 saying she had a fever and I picked her up and brought her home. Since I will miss my study and my meeting, maybe I'll do a workout here at home. That will give me three days so far this week. On Tuesday I was so glad that my plantar fasciitis finally allowed me to do my beloved Imax 2, which I had not done since this past summer. That and Low Max I think are my two favorite cardio workouts! Then yesterday I did GS BSB, so today I may do cardio again.
Hope you all have a great day. I'll try to check in again later.
Valerie

I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Happy to report I had one kick a$$ 5mile run. If that's possible :) Seriously my pace and endurance is looking very good. So good that a group of guys who were running this morning stopped me at the ab machines. They asked if I was involved with some frozen foot races we have. I burst out laughing --- seriously I so did :) But they all told me I have a great pace and should seriously enter a few races we have here. Go figure!! We talked a bit about races etc and training. They walked away and I was beaming---- so much that one of the regulars came over to me and said "You made an inpression on them---and I think they just made your day. One guy commented on how he was mad you had lapped him" W00t!!

I need to run to the grocery store to restock the cupboards.

Question:

I only have two cups of coffee in the morning and the rest of the day is basically water. My water intake is excellent.I have abottle water with me lots of times through the day.

My question is: What drinks besides water and coffee do you all have during the day? I had a green tea yesterday just to add some more hydration and of course a little change.And this morning I added Propel water. I find with the winter weather my skin is so dry .Like I said water is not an issue and I'm veyr good at applying lotions etc. I guess I pay the price for living in the cold part of the world :)

It was me! I ate pizza last weekend.

I have a hard time keeping everything straight with all the posts, too :) I'm always amazed at how some can type something personal to each person--very inspiring!

I need to go change out of my sweaty workout clothes and get my butt out of the computer chair and take care of some chores. Have a great day everyone! I'm actually looking forward to posting my weigh-in numbers this weekend--woo hoo!

Kelly S.

ps--my husband's hernia is bothering him more than he thought it would :( Anyone have any experience with working out safely (or without pain) with an abdominal hernia? The doctor thought he'd be okay, but it's not going so well......

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.