*** 12 Week Challenge Jan 12th***

gidget1978

Cathlete
Good Morning!

How is everyone doing?:) well...my legs are sore after my hilly run on my new TM last night:) I was debating buying one and DH surprised me last night by going and getting one while I was at work! Its not the one I had my eye on but its just as nice. The other one was $1499 on for $799 and this one was $1299 on for $799. I was debating returning it today and getting the more expensive one but I figured I was just paying for more computer gadgets.

I weighed today and Im 117.2:) Im hovering around the same weight these days. I am 5'4" and I don't expect to go any lower. Before DS I maintained 128-130 and couldn't maintain 125! Now I am staying at this number and I have no clue how...but I like it!

Last nights workout was a good run on my TM. 72 mins and today Im gonna do a circuit workout!

BB when I get to work!

Lori:)

12-Week Challenge Check-in

Challengers:

I am here! I started my Biggest Loser challenge with my church family Wednesday night. My evening weight for the start of this 18-week Biggest Loser challenge was the same as my morning weight for the start of this 12-week challenge. My weight and measurements are up at night! I weighed again Friday morning and was delighted to see another 2 pounds down for a total of 6 pounds since New Year’s Eve. According to the guy who is leading our Biggest Loser challenge and his coach, a Friday morning weigh-in is the most accurate. It makes sense to me.

My goal is to shed 50 pounds by the finale on May 14, 2008. Yes, that is a big goal. I am not motivated by mediocrity, and I may never again have this much support. Not only will I have a team from my church family to conquer this challenge with me, but my church family is providing a personal trainer for each team! We meet every Wednesday night to face the scale and will be taking field trips to a local gym for physical challenges. I hope training with Cathe has prepared me for this! I am very excited! I am down 6 pounds since New Year's Eve!

I started this Biggest Loser challenge at 230 pounds (evening weight) in my extra large “Put Your Game Face On!” Road Trip tee and women’s size 20 jeans. My goal for the finale is to fit into my large pink Cathe “Embracing the Challenge” baseball tee and petite size 12 pink jeans.

I found an Aqua Max class at the club (my name for it) that is like Drill Max in the water! I had such a good time, and I cannot wait for Monday night! It is nice to be in a class with women my size for a change. (Of course, the instructor is tiny!) One of the women is joining the Biggest Loser challenge at church with me. I am so excited to find a fun cardio class that will not hurt my joints. I am ready to rock this challenge with Cathe in the morning and water aerobics, water jogging, and/or rebounding in the evening. I have Cathe, the 12-week challengers, my Biggest Loser team and trainer, and my water aerobics class for support and encouragement!

I hope and pray that I make it this time. I have been battling my weight for most of my life and losing more battles than I win. My greatest fear for this challenge is that I will fail AGAIN and be a big disappointment to my team. Please keep me in your prayers. I want to do this. I believe I can! All things are possible for those who believe!

Who is preordering STS? After see-sawing for 2 days, I took the plunge. I am concerned about having room in my home for all the heavy weights this will require and hope I do not get overwhelmed by the details as I am a fun-loving girl, but I love Cathe. I am still loving the 4-Day Split, but I can tell that I will soon outgrow it and need a new challenge. I am amazed at how much stronger I am getting every week! I purchased PlateMates in December. Finding a home for 37 new DVDs will be my first challenge when these arrive. LOL! My DVD shelf is almost at capacity!

My priority this weekend is sleep, sleep, and more sleep. That is the one area where I am still falling down with this challenge, and it will catch up with me soon. Workouts are great! Nutrition is good too! I am drinking more water this week as well. But I need to bless my body with more sleep.

I have an appointment with a trainer this afternoon to have my body fat measured for the Biggest Loser challenge. Eek! I am not sure I want to know. ;-)

Good morning, Lori! Have fun with your circuit workout!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: 12-Week Challenge Check-in

Good Morning Heather!

I am done with my workout today! I did 3.5 miles and the Gualant weights! Just over an hour. I wasn't bursting with energy today. Probably b/c I ran for 72 mins just before I went to bed and I didn't get a whole lot of sleep!

Heather** I think you are going to do great with this challenge! I think having a team with you, going through the same thing, will make this challenge a little easier for you! Its not easing doing things alone. You need some one to talk to and motivate you. Having a personnal trainer is awesome as well! You are going to do this! We are all behind you 100% of the way and if you ever need to post about ANYTHING, there is always someone here to help you! Congrats on the weightloss so fat this year...see you already doing it!

Morning 12-weekers. Whew - I'm hungry, but thought I'd pop on to see how we're all doing. WE'RE ROCKING IT GIRLS!!!!

WOW Lori - good workout. I don't think I was 117 at birth - think my lowest weight has always been in the mid-120s. But I'm on it now - aiming for where you are --- AND --- I'll get there!

Heather my dear you are doing FABULOUS!!!! I love this BLC that you've committed to. I owe you an e-mail and I'll get that off this weekend gf.

Slept in a bit this a.m. then hit it hard with Drill Max and BBC Legs. I'm fried. I haven't done a circuit in a very long time - been focusing on splits with some cardio on off days. So I thought I'd mix it up a bit. NOW I remember why DM is my favorite w/o. Yum!

Anyone else going to (or already has) preorder today. I need food first but then I'll be back to do just that. Kick it hard today my friends!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Lori-I know how you’re maintaining that weight….YOU’RE WORKING IT, GIRL! Consistantly, too! WOO HOO! Keep at it and enjoy that new treadmill. Now…go buy yourself a new iTread workout and HAVE FUN! LOL (oh, and great back-to-back workouts, btw.)

Heather-I’m taking the plunge with STS as well. Never a shred of doubt in my mind, either!

Hey, Lorrie! FANTASTIC workout. As soon as I hit POST, I’ll be getting out my credit card for STS! (yeah, I’m lifting my self-imposed spending freeze, lol).

OK….workout this morning was Imax 3 (intervals 1-7) and BM2 abs. My goal was just the first 5 intervals, but then I kept saying, “just one more”. lol But my legs were really feeling it by interval 7. I hit them hard earlier this week with 2 outdoor runs in GORGEOUS weather. I’m SOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to tomorrow’s rest day so my legs can catch back up to the rest of my body.

Last night, DS, BF’s DD and I played Wii Sports and Wii Play for over 2 hours, and I’m feeling the effects in my arms and upper back! LOL LOVE IT! I think tonight we might get out Dance Dance Revolution and dance off some calories too!

Headed out the door in a bit (after my STS purchase, of course) for a few errands. Then we have a basketball game this afternoon, and then I’m RESTING the rest of the weekend!

BBL to say HI again!

Gayle

Lorrie** You slept in and you also have that workout done!:eek: Good job! I don't get to sleep in much these days!

Gayle** Good job on the workout! Sometimes that happens to me to...just one more. It helps that the cardio isn't overly long. I hate interval 3 in Imax 2 though...its soooo long! I want to skip it everytime!Ijust printed off some into from the itreads site and Im gonna figure out which ones I want to buy. This is becomming an expensive habit! hehe!

Im seriously thinking about buying a journal today and chaning my rotation using the Pyramids and maxing out on the weight. I just wish I had them on dvd!

Lori-can't wait to hear which iTreads you buy!

I just came back to say I PRE-ORDERED! WOO HOO!

Gayle

Good Morning Fellow Challengers,

Lori-Congrats on the TM I can only do 30min before I become bored.

HeatherB- Good luck on the BC Challenge we are all behind you and
know you can do it.
Lorrie - Sounds like you had a good workout this am

Gayle - I think the WII system would be fun to own and a new kind of
workout.

Iam doing 30min on TM then stretching which makes me feel good. Don't know what else besides housecleaning is in store for today. Report food intake later. Have a good day all.

I pre-ordered too!!! AND -- super excited -- I went overnight shipping and still spent under $80 because wonderful people got me Cathe gift cards for Xmas!!!! Now THAT'S a gift I really appreciate!!!!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Hi everyone! Just stopping in before I start the birthday party day (taking DD to one @ lunchtime, then hosting DS' sleepover). Food will be a challenge, but I think I'm up to it - I have a plan...

Heather, you'll do great w/ the BLC! How cool that each team will have a trainer!

STS - I'm still not sure that's for me just yet (although I certainly won't want to pay FULL price). I'm gonna wait a bit yet. Like I said before the STS-Gym mp3 WO might be more of what I want.

No WO planned for me today - just plenty of running around. I'll get something in tomorrow (probably an iClimb after all the boys go home) and then plan to start the 4DS rotation on Monday. I definitely didn't do it justice when Cathe originally posted it!

OK, I've gotta scoot! I'll check back tomorrow. Have a fabulous day everyone!

Good Morning!

Today I did Baron Baptiste's Level 2 yoga (70 min.) AND I also preorederd STS....WOOOHOOO!
I had another good day yesterday with clean eating. I was really hungry in the late afternoon. Will this get better? I am only on day 3 of this. I definitely want to have the energy to workout!

Lori--117 lbs?? Wow that is a nice #! I used to run 6 days a week, do marathons, etc. Now I just run 3x a week 3 miles. Fun!

Heather--Congrats on those 6lbs. gone!:) How nice that you have support from your church. Glad you enjoy the Aqua Max!

Lorrie--Drill Max...fun one! I have that on tap tomorrow.

Hi to Gayle and Roxie and all others!

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good morning all,

Been up for a while just playing on the puter. Got my STS ordered and finally ordered the BB series too since I only have them taped from Fit TV. Course that is how I "met" Cathe and all of you so they are still near and dear to my heart :7

Got Rythmic Step on tap for today and probably at least 1/2 to 1 hour on the TM since we are going out to eat tonight.

Have done well with the eating the past two days - and for the first time that is two in a row for me !:eek:

Lori: Wish I had a couple hours to work out each day, though I am aiming for about 90 since the challenge started since I have a hard time eating less than 1500 cals a day. The weight isn't coming off very fast though - may need to switch something up here pretty soon. But I think your exercise is helping you maintain your new weight and have to say CONGRATS !

Heather: Super duper job on all you have accomplished so far. Your posts are always so touching and I totally admire your accomplishments as well as your will power and motivation. You keep it up girl - I am just as anxious for you to meet your goals as you are :D

Gayle & Lorrie: Great workouts and good job ordering STS. Someday in the near future there will be an STS challenge thread, huh? }(

Morning Roxie - I love my TM and 30 min is just a perfect amount of time to walk/run and watch the news for me. Can't wait to finish my extra room so I can rent some DVD's and workout while catching up on some movies :7

Will probably BBL - have a great day ladies !

Jacque** I guess you are excited about the new workouts comming your way! Woo Hoo! I think Im gonna hold off a few more days..no rush!

Roxie** I have to mix my workouts up. When I run long distances on the TM, I do interval running. The only way I could run for a long time, steady pace, would be to watch a movie. I got into the fad a couple of yrs ago. I went rent scary movies b/c thats the only time I would watch them!LOL

Gin** I think it gets better when you body adjust to the amount of food you are eating.

Andrea** Enjoy your so called rest day! LOL

Lorrie** Cathe gift cards are a great idea!Saved you alot of your own money!

Lori

:)

Good Afternoon All,

This morning I did double cardio from 4DS LIS/HIS then went for a 3 mile walk w/my neighbor. What was I thinking?????

I really want to preorder the STS series. I haven't 100% convinced myself yet. I don't want to get bulky muscles from this. I want to be long and lean with good definition. Does this fit the STS bill?
I have never squated over 50 lbs so I'm wondering if I can handle the heavier weights. We do have a squat rack so I guess I could try it.

I need some of your expertise advise if I should get it.

Carolyn

Hi everyone! I am back from Big Sky, MT. I had such a great trip, both business-wise and fun-wise :). I gave a presentation on my research and I was so nervous because all of the big wigs in my field were there. They were pretty nice though and gave me lot of ideas to use for my research. I'm excited to get back to work.

We were supposed to drive back today but at 10 am yesterday my boss said "Let's get out of here". So, I arrived back home last night after an 11 hour drive. I am so tired. I didn't really sleep well during the trip. I was so happy to sleep in my own bed last night, but I woke up too early. Now I am tired again. I might workout today or I might not. I am just going to chill out and see if I get inspired.

I haven't ordered STS and I don't plan too. I am just not that hardcore, LOL! I can't wait to read people's experience with the series though. Do you guys know when Cathe is filming this series?

Okay, I fell off the workout wagon on Wed. and didn't get back on 'til today. DS (10) is being bullied at school & on the bus and I had to call parents (never fun!) and get in touch with his teacher, school psychologist etc.

I did Rhythmic Step today (no challenge though) and had so much fun! I really love cardio--it always makes me feel great while I'm doing it and afterward. Wts--I'm just happy when it's over! LOL! I know lots of people have given up their cardio queen crown for wt work and maybe I'll get there eventually. (With Gayle's transformation in mind, it might be sooner rather than later!)

I'm actually on the fence about STS. It really looks like such an awesome program, but I just don't think I have the commitment within me to do it. (We even own a squat rack!) For a month or two I think I'll stay away from the preorder area (must....resist....tractor....beam.....pulling .....me.....in) Ooooh, DH's bday is next month. I could get it for "him." Would that be too obvious?!?

One quickie personal to Heather: You are going to do fantastic! You are already seeing progress. 6 lbs gone is wonderful and shows that you have the power to reach your goal. Don't think about how far you have to go and how long it'll take you to get there. Progress is the goal, not perfection.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Oh, Jonahnah I'm sorry to hear about DS! I hope that gets cleared up quickly.

I love RS too. Haven't done it in a while.

LOL about ordering STS for your DH. I like that. I'm passing on STS for now. Possibly forever. I've never managed a rotation. I hope to but my life is so unpredictable that I would really struggle with perfectionistic nightmares if I missed days and got off track.

I feel better when I do what I can when I can and call it progress.

The diet journal is interesting. I like the one I found - The Ultimate Pocket Diet Journal. The fat grams were a little shocking to me.

Question for anyone - how does anyone ever manage to eat enough fiber???? How do you sneak it in? Any suggestions?

Today I'll try a Classical Stretch I checked out from the library. Working a pretty hefty headache so I'm hoping it'll help.

Enjoy your days!

Hi Suzanne,
Thanks for your kind thoughts re: DS issues. Re: fiber, I like the Thomas' English Muffins Multigrain Light. They have 8 (!) grams of fiber and only 100 calories. I eat one of them with a tablespoon of peanut butter for breakfast most days. You might give them a try.
Berries are also great too.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Hey guys. No time for personals....I just read all your posts and wanted to say HI and give you all a LOUD SHOUT OUT for how remarkably well you are ALL doing! Keep at it!

DS' basketball game is over adn we're just hanging out (and doing laundry) until we go to BF's house tonight. I ended up getting extra work in because I walked back and forth to the school (where the game was...about 2.5 blocks from my house) 3 times. I rode my bike there adn back the last time! LOL My legs are really quaking from this past week, and I could feel it on the journey! lol

OK...have a great Saturday night. I will most likely not be back until tomorrow morning, when I weigh in and take my progress pics and measurements!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.