****12 Week Challenge, Jan 5th****

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning. What’s on YOUR agenda for this Saturday?

Week 1 is coming to a close. Start thinking ahead and planning out Week 2’s goals! How did you do on week 1? What can you do better or different for Week 2???

I was up early this morning for my workout:
iTread 21, 30 minutes Run Intervals
iTread 9, 20 minutes, HILL
abs & stretch from B&G.

We’re headed out to a basketball game in a bit. I’ll be back sometime during the day to say HI to all our Challengers!

[font color=red]Take today by the horns![/font]

Gayle

Morning Miss Gayle and all else! I think I'll be on today for a dose of circuit - maybe drill max (my fave) or circuit max - an oldie but a goodie. My popcorn was held in check last night - so I was food happy yesterday. This weekend I am on for (ouch) pics and measurements! I could REALLY feel my body trying to catch up at our practice yesterday. Those pounds definitely make a difference. ICK!

Hey Gayle - did you see my thread to Cathe yesterday? (http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=2&topic_id=82596&mesg_id=82596&page=) ALL my little girls remembered Cathe and SOME element of muscles and fitness in their bodies. And a chance to teach newbies too! Woo Hoo. That'll give me some incentive!

Whatever you all do today friends - KICK IT!

Lorrie
www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Good Morning Gayle and all who follows!

This week was a good week! next week will be even better!

todays workout is still in debating,LOL either a circuit workout or a full body with a thirty minute jog/walk interval!

Gayle-Great workout,enjoy the bb game!

Everybody have a great day!:7

Good Morning fellow challengers. Today will be 30min on treadmill and then Total Body Stretch. The weekends are when my eating becomes a problem. I like to snack all day. Brkfst. will be an omlet made from Toscos Eat Clean Book. I have to go to dreaded Wal-Mart to grocery shop, so that should keep my busy for awhile. Have a good day everybody.

Oh! Yes. My kids and my mom keep telling me I need to try out for American Gladiators! HA! For YEARS, they've been saying I NEED to do Survivor! lol Imagine that!

Gayle

Hi Gayle, Lorrie, Amelia and Roxie!

Roxie - do you like Tosca's book? I have her cookbook. And the recipes look really good. I haven't really tried any yet, but am planning on it.

Week 1 almost done LADIES!!! WOOHOO...11 to go! WE ARE ROCKIN' THIS CHALLENGE!!!

HIIT on deck for later today. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. Maybe first 1/2 Imax 2. Big decision!! :)

So far today I've had scrambled egg whites w/red potato, scallions & red pepper. Haven't really planned out the rest of my meals yet. Feeling a little lazy today!:7

Okay, I'll check back later. Have a great day everyone!!!

ETA: AMERICAN GLADIATOR, I'm so gonna have to check that out!!

Good morning everyone!

Free day and weigh-in day today. I'm down 5 pounds so I'm pretty happy about that. Drank 32 oz. of water before I just HAD to eat the leftover piece of Lemon Supreme pie I've been saving just for today. It was delicious! :9 Now I'm going to drink another 32 oz. before I have anything else. Going to try and be descriminating about what I eat today and stick to normal size portions. I want to enjoy myself but don't want to stuff myself silly either.

This morning I have BBC Legs & cardio on tap. May do a Forms class, too, since we need to know our form for Tae Kwan Do testing in a few weeks. I'm a yellow belt so I'm just starting.

DH and I are planning a date night tonight. Going to see Juno which I'm looking forward to. Hope everyone gets a chance to do something fun today.

Sue

exer cited Toscoas book just tells you what you already know. I do like the fact that she gives a list of stuff you should have in your pantry and fridge. I thought about buying the cookbook, but didn't know if I would actually use it.

Well, my free meal last night, got a little out of control, but I'm still with in my point allowance, and I even have 9 extra free points, so it was not as bad as I had feared. I'm hungry this morning, though, so I'm going to have some egg whites and soy sausage before I workout.

I'll do KBX today most likely. I have the meals for next week planned and the grocery list done, so it's shopping after I take DD15 for a hair cut - so busy day, but that's good as I tend to munch when I'm not busy. It's cold and rainy here again today (no wind, thankfully!) so I'm making chicken chili tonight. :9

Melissa - I've tried some of Tosca's recipes and enjoyed them. I really liked the Seasame Seared Tuna, the Stir-Fried Bok Choy, and the Summer Time Risotto.

Well, I haven't been very motivated this week. I met half of my exercise goal (worked out three days), and my eating was so-so. Not sure what happened, but I just could not get my butt out of bed before work. I plan to get back on track in week 2. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.

Oh, and I'll start signing my name with "the other" in front, since there's another lady here with the same lovely name!!

The Other Christine

Ahhh, the weekend.

I met all of my goals this week and for the most part it was energizing and encouraging---but yesterday was a bit a struggle because my workout was intense enough to trigger cravings all afternoon and evening. I kept choosing the healthy option, but that devil on my shoulder tried to get me to go for the refined carbs!

Today's workout was Muscle Max, already done.

Gotta go get DD from dance class!

Kelly

Good morning all! Today is a stretch day for me! I made all of my goals this week. Eating was great and I got in my exercise days. See you all tomorrow!

Gayle - thanks for the "how to survive bunco" tips! I did OK, had veggies to snack on and drank water and chewed gum the rest of the time. I did have one bite of a dill pickle wrapped in cream cheese and ham. It was tasty!

Today I had cottage cheese, apple, and toast for breakfast. WO was Push Pull and I had a Larabar afterwards. Lunch will probably be a veggie burger and I'm not sure about the rest of the day yet.

I was up a pound today, so for the week I am -1 lb. Not bad, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong. I have been pretty diligent with following BFL for women, but no real changes yet. My arms are way more defined, though. Why is it that my skinny little arms start to improve immediately, but my thick butt, thighs and gut hang onto the fat for dear life?!?!?

Tomorrow is a rest day, so stretch max and core max are on the agenda.

Have a great and healthy day, all!

This morning I did High Step Circuit with heavier weights. I LOVE this workout as a circuit in between cardio and heavy wt GS days.

I feel really good about this week!

I'd like to fit some yoga in later today.

Great job everyone!!

Good morning all !

Got up, did a bit of "homework" for my job while I woke up.

Then off to MM and a half hour on the TM (1/2 walk 1/2 jog). Feeling good.

Ate 1/2 a banana before TM then had protein, milk and some Kashi. I am not good at eating timely on the weekends and don't "plan" my meals ahead. Always have healthy choices in the fridge so that will be may challenge: to skip the pumpkin pie I made my DS for his BDay on New Year's Eve. :7

Gayle: Thanks for the good morning - think you should try American Gladiator !

Lorrie: Great job with the popcorn - my DH is a popcorn fanatic and I have a hard time resisting. Bad part is I totally detest the movie or sports arena popcorn. Usually take a bag of peanuts to our hockey games - may take my own Light popcorn next week.

Amelia: Have a great workout whichever you decide.

Roxie: I'll skip the munching today if you will
;)

Melissa: So what did ya end up doing for a workout?

Sue: All I can say is great job and that I am jealous I didn't have the willpower to watch my food intake this past week. Did get my workouts in though. My challenge this week will be the FOOD !

Christine: Good job on the WW - We had 5 inches from yesterday AM til 6 PM - am down in Gilroy. Are you up in the hills or did you have to worry about flooding?

The Other Christine (TOC): Hope you do better this week. Maybe getting back to a non-holiday schedule will help. Just jump on the wagon and join us - maybe just start with a couple more workouts and then get back to your normal.

Kelly: Great job for meeting all your goals. I get munchies the same way sometimes after a few day of very good workouts. Keeping it healthy is the best way to go since your body knows what you need.

Am off to start my Clean Max - want to begin the year somewhat organized since I passed on my yearly reorganizing last year.

Wow,Great workouts planned everybody!

Im done with mine,finally decided on Imax2 premix 1-5 then upper body on PH! felt great!

Everybody have a great afternoon!

Hi everyone. I am so hungry today. I have been chugging water (thanks for that tip Gayle) but it isn't working. So far I have had egg beaters and a low carb tortilla and a skim milk latte. I wasn't going to have the latte, but it is satisfying me so maybe I won't feel the urge to eat constantly today.

Last night DH wanted to go to Chipotle so I went too. I looked at the nutritional information beforehand and went with the chicken soft tacos. Still quite a bit of calories, but better than having a burrito or something from there.

I am supposed to do the elliptical today and I hope that I have some time to get to the gym this afternoon. This morning was crazy with errands and appts. If I don't get my workout in though, I'm not going to stress too much. I have a ton to do before my trip on Monday.

Gayle - great itrain workout today. Do you have the monthly motivator package? I do and I saw that they were uploading new workouts this morning.

Lorrie - Which circuit did you pick today?

Amelia - I appreciate your positive comments about next week being even better than this one. I hope so.

Roxie - Do you have both of Tosca's books? Do you like them?

Melissa - I love HIIT workouts, mostly because they are quick but brutal. Sometimes it is nice to not workout for a long time.

Sue - Down 5 lbs!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Christine - What did you have for your cheat meal? Do you like Amy Bento's cardio workouts? I haven't tried them.

Christine (8828mac) - I don't have any advice because I am struggling too. Maybe you could set a workout goal for 4 or 5 days next week and try to accomplish that.

Kelly - Good job resisting carbs yesterday.

SJM - great job with meeting all your goals this week.

Becca - Glad you survived Bunco. Your rest day sounds great tomorrow. I love SM and CM.

Forever39 - HSC is my favorite Cathe circuit workout. I love it.

Jacque - Have fun with Clean Max. I have to do that too, but I am just wasting time on the computer instead :)

Hi everyone! I did OK on goals this week, although food was not the best. Exercise was OK, but low key. At least it was there. My main goal for next week is to do better on food (should be no problem since I switched back to WW Core this week) and to do a little better on exercise. The chest congestion is still kickin' my arse so I'll do the best I can.

TODAY...I went for a 45min walk w/ DS (he rode his new scooter) - it was fun, but now I've got to start putting away all the Xmas stuff so that I have an empty living room for next week's sleepover b-day party (DS turns 10 on Thursday).

OK, I'd better get after it. Have a great day everyone!

Well - I was SO indecisive about a circuit that I didn't do one. Instead I opted for a quick 1-mile wu run on the tm, LIS step portion, and the back and biceps premix. Felt good. Now - hungry. Think I'll opt for tuna salad on spinach and a sweet potato. YUM.

Lorrie
www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.