**** Weight Watchers Monday****

gidget1978

Cathlete
Hey Gang!:)

Is everyone back? Can our lives resume to normal now that this stupid road trip is over?;) ;) LOL Could you hear the jealousy!?

I had a rest day yesterday. I soooo needed it! My body was just to tired to do anything that required concentration or energy. I didn't feel bad about it either b/c I knew I needed it. I went back to bed yesterday morning until 11 and then i went to bed last night at 10:30:) I tossed and turned for a little while but it didn't take to long for me to get to sleep. Now I feel like I have more energy for my run today.
Sooooooooo, Im going to do a nice long run today and hopefully B&G. I also forgot to tell you guys that my BIL brought over his Wii on Fri night and I played boxing...boy, what a workout! Its a little different then boxing b/c you go has hard as you can for about 5 mins...I was sweating buckets and my tri's are still sore!!

I will be back to report my workout!
Lori:)

Morning Gidge:)....I think we have a mind link or something....lets go with your post today,LOL!

I copied my post so I didn't have to type it agian,I know...lazy:p

Good Morning Girly Girls!

Its 6:20am here and my coffe hasn't kicked in yet! Hows everybody this AM?

Ok,Roadtrippers.....Your killing us!Tell us All about it!!!!!! How was Cathe and the crew like?

Todays workout is LIC,Haven't done that one in weeks since there's alot of lower back stuff in it! Can't wait to do it!

With my iches lost from last month( 3 1/2),I've decided to follow the Intermediate rotation agian,for the third time!I'am just going to keep doing it unitl I get no results!

Well,gotta go get the day started,I hope everybody checks in today! bbl

Hi Gidge I think that the three of us is on at the same time (you, me and Amelia) LOL. EARLY BIRDS.

Hey Gidge that is a good idea, I wonder if my son would like Wii...instead of the playstation 3.

Welcome back roadtrippers! I know you all had fun, any pics? Did you hear about any news on the 4-day split? I heard that there was a guest speaker, what did she talk about?

My workout today was power walking for 45 mins. I need to get TM fixed.

Congrats on your inches lost Amelia...good going!
chat later:)

Lori-I have a Wii too,there so much fun! DH and I have bowling tournaments! He always wins thoughx( .I also took a rest day yesterday,It felt great. I was so lazy last weekend,didn't do any housework!

Robin-Everybody that I know that owns a wii...loves them! What is a TM fixed...oh,nevermind treadmill right,DUH,LOL! I was thinking you had some new caffine drink and your were wanting a "fix" off it;-) .

Ok,bbl!

Amelia, I managed to do housework yesterday but that was about it. I also had McDonalds for supper}( I can't even put the smiley face their with the tongue b/c I don't think that stuff is really that yummy...I just didn't want to cook and thats what everyone else was having so I went with it.
Thats a good idea to just keep doing what your doing till it doesn't work anymore. Whats the scale telling you these days?

Robin, do you like coffee? I have to have it to start my day but when I was preggo I hated the smell, therefore had to do with out. It would have been nice to stop it forever but after those hard nights, I needed something in the morning! I think someone posted in the OD board who the guest speaker was and what they talked about. Sounded good.

Im back from my run and I ran about 12 kms. I drove around the other day and clocked it off and thats what it was. I also took a Ipod so the time went by faster. Now Im not so sure about doing legs b/c they hurt now...and Im lazy:+

Lori:)

Hi, everyone -

I had the chance to meet Belinda and her daughter Alesia in person, and I have to tell you they are both amazing. It was truly a memorable experience.

We heard that the 4-day split should ship sometime in September.

The guest speaker was a member of AFAA and spoke about exercise injuries in her first session and in the second talked about the reasons age 40+ women have such a tendency to get a lower abdomen "pot". Wow, was that interesting. I posted about it at length to my YaYa friends. I'll try to grab that info and post it to you a little later today.

Great workouts, gals -

Lori, nice run! Amelia, can't beat that LIC! Robin, have a wonderful day!

Cheryl

Hey girls

I got done with LIC!I also did the bonus cardio section!I didn't do the abbs though,did them on sunday and well,I was too lazy today!

Lori-I with ya on not likeing mcdonalds...yuk! although their fries aren't too bad}( .Great job on your run!My scale is saying 189 these days,well last friday to be exact!Im happy with that,but boy is it coming off slow:+ OH well,All i've got is time! The inches are comeing off at a steady rate!I think the jogging is helping that!

Robin-talking about caffine fixes...my coffee doesn't even work any more! I drink two cups too!x( Thought about switching over to tea,Isn't that what you drink?

Cheryl-so glad to have you back:)I hope all of us can meet one day! Did you get to talk to Cathe or her crew? How was the aerobics classes?

Well girls,Im so exhausted Im still getting use to getting my dd up everymorning and getting her ready for school! Not to mention my DS and all his wonderful terrible 2 moods:+ ,LOL I don't know who worse, me during TTOTM or him with his "temper Tantrons(sp)"....bbl

Hey girls -

I ran away for the weekend down to the beach. It was a last minute thing. No exercising done for me but I did manage to eat really clean.

It sounds like everyone is right on target with their exercise. I have to get up there right now!!!!!

Cheryl - please post about that meno-pot. I need to get rid of the one I'm starting to develop.

Okay, I'll BBL. Have a great day!!!!!!

Nancy

Nancy, everyone, here you go!

The woman's name was Cynthia something, and she's a member of the AFAA staff (certifying organization for personal trainers and fitness instructors.) She spoke twice. The first was on proper exercise form and how to avoid exercise induced injury. Interesting but not earth-shattering.

The second presentation she gave was by far the most interesting. She talked about why the tendency for weight gain and lower belly pooch in age 40+ women and how to combat it.

Much of it was factors we already know - hormonal issues, loss of muscle mass, etc., etc., but a couple of things were somewhat newe to me. She said that if the posture slumps at all (due to tight chest, sitting slumped, etc.) there is less room for internal organs and the lower belly pooch is actually the intestines being pushed forward -

So it's more important than we even realized to stand up straight, shoulders back, and work all of the core and abdominal muscles that serve as the "girdle" to hold those internal organs in. Also, she recommended we work shoulders and upper back 3x for every 1x we work chest - tight chest muscles or overdevelopment of chest compared to shoulders/back can pull the posture forward and serve to exascerbate (sp?) the tendency for lower belly pooch. A lot to think about.

Also, she pointed out that with estrogen levels declining, testosterone can become "dominant" leading to mid belly fat (like men get) for the first time in life... and that is the visceral fat that not only looks ugly at the waistline but puts our health at bad risk. Yuck! I never really thought about it that way... we look at the symptoms of menopause and low estrogen, but it bringing testosterone into the dominant position can be a problem as well. Very interesting.

So I felt I'd learned some valuable information from her. Cathe wants to use this woman's information and work with her more - but she wasn't anyone famous - just a very qualified staff member of AFAA.

Cool stuff!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.