******* cLEAN & tidy weekend *******

CollinsMom

Cathlete
What are you up to this weekend? What are you eating? What are you working out to?

Christmas is rapidly approaching -- are you ready? Are you changing your routine in preparation for all the temptations floating around this time of year?

Make a point this weekend to drink LOTS of water, and give your body and extra stretch!!

My forecast has changed from many many inches of snow to .25 - .75" of ICE. Yes, ICE! Sleet and freezing rain, beginning later today. Then, by tomorrow, when a significant amount of ice has fallen, there will be wind gusts of 50 mph. We will probably lose power... YAY!

We have a camping stove that we can cook on if we lose power, and a drip coffee maker that fits over the camping stove (GOD BLESS my fiance for buying this!). We still need to go to the grocery store.

On another note, here is what I am thinking in terms of my rotation for the next 2 or 3 weeks. I am trying to focus on cardio and endurance lifting for maximum calorie burn. I will eat clean when I can, and allow myself goodies when I REAAAALLLLY want one. Here is what I am thinking...

Day 1 step cardio
Day 2 Drill Max total body premix
Day 3 step cardio
Day 4 Body Max 2 double upper body
Day 5 other cardio
Day 6 Low Impact Circuit total body premix, step cardio

So I've got 4 cardio sessions per week and 3 strength training -- 2 total body and 1 upper body only. I don't have any total body dvds like MM or ME (yet anyway, ask me after x-mas;) ), so the premixes from circuit dvds are going to have to do. What do you all think??

Eating this weekend is going to be weird, so I am not even going to speculate. Workout this morning is 4DS Bis & Tris, then about 45 mins of cardio from BM2.

Check back later!!

Good Morning!

Katie - we are on a line so depending on a lot of factors we could get either snow or sleet or a combo. Same forecast for tomorrow - windy. We a gas stove so we can always manually light them if the power goes out. But we won't have any heat.

Robin - hot chocolate sounds good right now. I have some in case we lose power this weekend.

Kate - good job avoiding the desserts last night. It is always my biggest downfall

w/o rotation says brisk walk but I am going to do 30 mins of step & coremax # 2
b: kashi flakes
l: tbd
s: fruit
d: soup then cocktail party

Since we are hosting the cocktail party tonight, today will be a crazy day. I am also trying to finish my Christmas shopping before the storm tonight.

Have a great day everyone!

Colleen

Good Morning cLEAN and Tidy Friends,

Sorry I've been mia, but I've been sick and DH has been off a few days this week; so I haven't had much computer time. I haven't exercised since Sunday and my eating has been off. My entire body aches and I haven't been able to stay warm for long. I have a lot of catching up to do with the posts.

Katie, Your plan sounds like a winner! It should help to ward off any extra pounds if you decide to have a cookie or 2. ;) Enjoy today's workout and be careful if you get the ice storm. It sounds like you're all set if you do have a storm though.

I'll read the personals and be back later.

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

First I would just like to say that even as I typed last night at 8:30 that I was going to do C&W I was thinking "I really want to just scrapbook tonight, maybe I'll skip it." BUT....I thought "If I can scrap, I can do my workout"...so I went down and did it. I was smiling the whole time and very proud of myself. I'm on a roll w/ working out and apart from a couple minor slips I'm eating good too. Feeling/seeing results is very motivating.

Katie, Good plannin', woman! Good for you! Planning for bad weather sounds like so much fun! I wish we'd at least get some snow. A little, please!

Colleen - Have fun throwing a party tonight! I had wanted to but I know i'll never get around to it now. I skipped the brisk walk for step too!

Shirl - DD was just sick, wasn't she? You guys are getting slammed! Don't worry about not working out - your body will come back stronger than ever!

My day should be pretty good today. I'll make an unclean breakfast for the fam, as per Saturday mornign tradition. Then we're off to Gina's last swim class! We'll come back and eat lunch then we're decorating gingerbread houses. This is an annual family tradition and I can't wait. Thank goodness we don't like the taste of gingerbread! I'm hoping to go out shopping with my sis after that so no clue on dinner. Workout will be SJP premix #3 (step/hilo) - I LOVEVLOVELOVE this one.

b - kashi, banana
s - apple or pear
l - romaine, cherries, walnuts, apple (and a couple bites of DDs tidy cheeseburger, I'm sure)
s - clementines! (I just tried these this week - Oh my word! Can't beleive what I was missing!)
d - no clue - hopefully out w/ my sis!

Hvae a wonderful weekend and a super saturday morning!

Hi ladies, I see some of us is getting ready for the storm.

Circuits are always fun Katie good plans for next week. I need to work on upperbody, maybe I will do some circuits with upper body next week.

Enjoy your party Colleen.

Feel better Shirl.

I love gingerbread houses they are so much fun and sweet :9 :9

I've steamed a platter of veggies and I made some whole grain macaroni salad. Simi-clean for the scouts party. I think that I'm ready because I have two DVDs,CDs, candycanes etc.We are giving out doggie bags so no sweets will come home. After the party I'm will come home and take a nap then do some serious cardio.

Not sure what I'm eating today.

I thought that I was finish with Christmas shopping. Yesterday the US postal service left me a not that I have a package. OH NO! i don't remeber ordering anything.

Good planning, Robin!:) The nap sounds nice, too! What's your cardio going to be? YAY! A package!

Reporting to say that I did not eat one single bite of my fam's unclean breakfast! I usually end up nibbling on it as I'm cleaning it up. Not today though! I weighed myself after I posted the first time and my scale is down 4 pounds this week!!!!!!! I am so excited. I know it has got to be lostly water weight but I'm still very excited. Hard work is paying off!

See you later!

Congrats on the ##s Kate!! I hope I can hold steady thru the holidays!

We are at Chris's house, loads of groceries (won't list them here -- snow groceries NEVER fall into the "clean" category), and now we are just waiting.

I am hoping to get a nap pretty soon. Collin is laying on the couch watching Handy Manny, so nap time should be near. He NEVER sits still unless he is sleepy!

By the way, my workout was KILLER this morning -- I was sweating buckets, Chris was grossed out! BM2 cardio is hard, though (in a good way -- I love it!!).

BBL.

Katie- OOOOH! I love getting good & sweaty! BM2 is so much fun. Have fun getting snowed in!

I've ate great today! Baked potatoes are in the oven. DH wants unclean toppings - I'm having baked chicken breast and homemade salsa - yum!

It was so nice to get a workout in this morning! Now I get tonight free to scrapbook!

Have a good time tonight, Kate! Good luck with your dinner -- sounds like you have a good plan!

Colleen and Robin, how is our weather??

Scrapbook?! Yeah, right! We're workin' here!

Stuck to my plan for dinner and ate none of their bacon! The fam was munching on the gingerbread houses we decorated tonight - another successful non-eating! I hope tomorrow is a good day too.

Katie!!! I read in OD you hurt yourself! You feelin' okay now? My worst nightmare is to drop a dumbell on my face. Makes me cringe just to think about it.

G'night!

Yes, I did, I dropped my dumbbell!! Tricep is okay now, but my back hurts (totally unrelated). Oh well, it's always something!

Good job tonight, Kate! After dinner, we went to a neighbor's house for a Christmas party and I didn't eat ANYTHING! Yay me!

We are starting to get freezing rain/sleet now. I will report back tomorrow morning -- if I have power!

We're supposedly getting up to 8" by tomorrow evening, but I'm not holding my breath. That would be too good to be true. Hope you all either get your storm or not, depending on what you want! Good job tonight to you too, katie!

Good morning ladies!! We have some ice, but not a whole lot. The trees are covered and it looks pretty, but the roads are okay. Lots of churches have cancelled services today, but I am sure it will be cleaned up and melted by later today.

Today is a rest day for me -- YAY!

I am getting ready to cook a big brunch -- scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, and fried potatoes. I will do my best to control my portions.

Check back later!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We FINALLY got the snow I wanted. We have 8" w/ another 5 coming!!!! We are officially snowed in. Church is cancelled and we are staying in all day. DDs want to go outside SO BAD but it is blowing 40 mph and is so nasty out. I hope school is cancelled tomorrow too!

today's plan:
b - 1/2 serving Kashi(last of the box), clementine, somee cantaloupe, 1/2 piece 9-grain bread
s - ?? fruit of some sort
l - tidy macaroni w/ cut-up veggies/salad
s - ??
d - ??

w/o - Push Pull - I've never done this one - I'm excited to get total body weights done in 45 min.

I made cupcakes to take to a party today that is cancelled too. I really wish they weren't around. Tomorrow I can send them w/ DH but they're still here for today. I think I'll do good resisting them. I'm strangely motivated lately to keep it clean and I haven't felt this good/fit for a year+ (since I went back to work). It's good to take care of myself how I like to. I'm actually getting flack from a few that I'm "eating like an anorexic" but you guys see what I post. Can you give me honest opinions. Even my good friend who is a RD thinks I think about food too much/have anorexic tendencies. Steph, I'm curious what you think about this. I think SHE is just not that into eating healthy. Her motto tends to be "Splurging is okay once in a while. Eat when you're hungry, stop when you're full". But I think she (and frankly just about everyone) splurges way too much (daily). Please help me guys. I know I was "too skinny" before (I completely lost my periods) and I don;t want that to happen again but I do want to stay fit. Thanks for listening!

Morning ladies.

Katie that brunch sounds great, I would come over but I'm iced in the house. I'm too scared to even go to my car.

Enjoy your snow Katie, I rather have snow any day instead of ice. Cupcakes? What kind :9
I agree with you Kate many people splurge and never really eat healthy at all. They think that eating healthy and exercising has to do with losing weight only. They don't understand our way of life. Just ignore them and keep your diet clean.

Yesterday at the scouts party I wanted to kill the parents because they did not bring in what they signed up to bring in. There were only one dish of veggies, which I brought in and no baked meats (just fried chicken). Our next party I will bring in the veggies and baked meats.x( One of the moms said that she will bring in corn, well she stop at the store yesterday and brought in Entermens(sp?) cakes instead. x( I'm trying to teach the scouts to make good choices...(vent).Besides the junk foods the party was really fun.

Anyway today's workout was Amy step combos 3,4, powerups and PLB.
b-oatmeal
l-chicken soup
d-BBQ porktenderloin and veggies

Drink water, water, water girls!

Robin, What happened at your scouts party happens at preschool all the time. Drives me crazy too. Thanks for the words of encouragement - I really need it! Sounds like you have a good plan today - awesome workouts too! btw, the cupcakes were not chocolate - I knew that would be too tempting. Yellow cake w/ vanilla frosting flavored w/ almond extract. Lots of sprinkles/sugars on top. Yum!

Steph - How did it go yesterday? Thinking of you a lot.

Katie- Hope brunch was good!

Brunch was good. I ate a decent amount -- I am full, but not too full. I probably won't eat again until dinner (I'm sure i'll have a snack later).

Kate, I don't know what to say about your eating. I am not quite sure why all these people are putting some much time and effort into analyzing your eating. Either they are worried about you, or jealous of you, or maybe a little bit of both.

I can tell you for sure that you make good food choices, but something that I have never really paid attention to is your caloric intake. How many calories do you take in in a day? Have you ever kept track? When was the last time that you had a physical or a lipid panel?

Have a great day, everyone. I'll check back later!

Hello cLean and tidy friends!!

I'm so sorry i was MIA yesterday, DH and i had our couples session and a night out.
I'm caught up on the posts, looks like everyone had some partying happening!! All pretty clean, so i wont report my nightmare eating day yesterday, but it was also a very emotional eating day, so i'm giving it to myself. i also ate late last night, which is a big no no for me, so clearly i was very emotional.

There is such a huge storm here today, i cant even describe it! Im locked away!! i managed to walk for about an hour before it hit very badly, and do classical stretch.

So far,
B: oatmeal and almond butter
not sure the rest of the day yet.

Robin, how much snow in Queens? Very nice on the girlscout food prep!!

Katie, i love brunch, i've only gone for it once out, but loved it.

Kate, i understand about the judgment, i think we spend too much time comparing ourselves to others. Focus on your goals, you have been so wonderful and fantastic since the talk with DH!!!

I need to catch up on the posts.
My DH surprised me with a night at the ballet, which has always been my dream. Now those bodies are incredible!!

Steph

Wow, Steph, the ballet? That sounds wonderful -- hope you two had a great time!!

All is forgiven for you yesterday -- you had bigger and better things to worry about!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.