"A Melting Pot" of a Monday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

No workout for me today...I am headed to the airport in a little while. I will miss chatting with you guys!

Well I broke my rule ( no more workout DVD's until after STS), and bid on the P90X+ upper body, plus abs DVD that was on Ebay and actually won it! I really didn;t think I would get it. I always liked the upper body work in P90X, and I read that the ab work on this one is really good.

I hope everyone has a good week, I will be back Wednesday night.

Deb:)

RE:

Thanks for getting us started, Deb. Have a safe trip.

Sorry I never got back yesterday. My lip was starting to swell up, some kind of allergic reaction to something, I guess. It happens every now and then and I look ridiculous. I took a Benydryl, which lessened the swelling, but made me soooo sleepy. I hit the hay as soon as we got home from pizza night.

Leanne, the play sounds great. And I doubt you look boyish with your shorter hairstyle. But it will grow. This is the last day of classes for DD. DH has a funny schedule, different from the rest of the college, and he teaches the rest of the week. Then finals next week. I'll be glad when the school year is over, but DD will be working full time, so DH and I will be doing a little more babysitting.

Tneah, I love the idea of sleeping on a boat. It's been years since I've had that experience. Did you take the boat anywhere over the weekend?

Shelley, feeling any better today? Even though it is Monday?

Hi Jennifer. I'm glad you had a successful shopping trip. When do you expect to be able to workout?

Hey Shannon, how was your weekend? Lots of outdoor work? We haven't done a lick of yardwork yet. I keep waiting for DH to mow.

I'm headed for work. Today will be S&H Legs. See you all later.

RE:

Morning Deb, Robin and all who follow~

Deb - we'll miss you this week! I hope it flies by for you. Congrats on winning your Ebay auction. Let us know how you like P90+.

Robin - I don't have S&H. How do you like it?

I had the WORST night last night. I was so tired, but for some reason could NOT get to sleep and my nose was completely congested so I couldn't breathe when I laid down. So I finally got up and took myself to the couch in the family room. I eventually fell asleep, then I woke up shortly after soaked in sweat. My nose was cleared, so I took back up to bed, then I tossed and turned until I got up a short while ago. I have a scratchy throat and feel like I'm walking through water, though. Needless to say, I didn't get up and work out this morning.

RE:

Hello Melters.

Robin-Hope you're feeling better.

Shelley-is it allergies or is it a cold? Are you going to work?

Deb-congrats on winning on Ebay. You'll be missed this week.

My plan tonight is to make spaghetti and pull weeds from my yard.
Hopefully, this week, I can do Body Fusion (Cathe 2004) to get back into it.

Has anyone here ever been to Prince Edward Island? I've always wanted to go there. I've been to Hawaii (the big island), Catalina Island in CA, Hilton Head (SC), etc...Heard it was beautiful.

BBL tonight.

RE:

Hi, everyone!

I have been such a lousy Melter lately and have been sooo terrible about checking in! Friday was BUSY, and of course you know me and computers on the weekend. And I hate to say this, but I don't have time to catch up!! ;( I really hope everyone had a good weekend.

Deb - have a safe trip and hurry back!!!

Robin - is the swelling in your lip gone? Does it hurt when it does that? Saturday was a fairly busy yard day, but not like last week. The pull assist on my mower went out though, so I had to push it all myself!! I guess I got a bonus workout, huh?

Shelley - I sure hope you feel better soon. You don't need to be sick with spring finally here!

Jennifer - Enjoy htat spaghetti. Do you make the sauce yourself?

RE:

It's Monday!! UG!!

Today I have more grading to do (it feels like it never ends!!!) and then I'll run out to Trader Joe's later on this afternoon to do some shopping. I need to also pick up a b-day gift for my dad and a Mother's Day card for my MIL, so I may run by Target, too.

I think that I have KPC on the schedule for today, which will be fun. I haven't done that one for so long. My low-back-sides are really hurting from that Tracey S. core workout, and not in a good way. She had us doing those standing crunches where you lean to one side with a weight, and I think I overdid it, even though I was using light weights. I just took some Advil since the pain was getting progressively worse yesterday. I may end up subbing something else for KPC if I can't twist. What workouts will you all be doing today?

Deb -- We'll miss you this week, but this is the trip to get the new puppy, right? How great that you have the new P90X workouts to look forward to!

Jennifer -- Glad you had fun at the party yesterday, and that you got some good advice from your dad. You'll be back to working out again soon!:) I've always wanted to go to PEI since Anne of Green Gables lived there! Will you try to plan a trip there for the summer?

Robin -- Is your lip back to normal? Are DD and DH looking forward to being off soon? I still have two more weeks of regular class, and then finals. I can't wait to be done!!!

Tneah -- I send you the links to the Old Globe in yesterday's email. Did you go out on the boat yesterday and take any photos? It was a bit overcast up here in Carlsbad. Did you get another nice night's sleep? That rocking sounds wonderful!

Shelley -- Ug! Sorry you had such a bad night last night. Can you come home and take a nap or just get to bed early? I absolutely LOVE S&H and will start a four-week rotation with it soon. A lot of people complain about the slow pace, but I find that it really helps with form, and Cathe is her sweet self in it.

Lainie -- Did you and the boys all have a nice day yesterday? How has your sleep been?

Shannon -- We've missed you, but are glad you're alright! Has work been going alright?

RE:

Hello all. I'm dragging a bit today but I gotta keep going. I had to run to the bank before dropping off Ewan and then afterward I had to go to the village hall and drop off our building permit form and stuff. Some time today a dude is coming by to measure all our windows so they can order our replacement windows. :) Then after the windows we get the new siding.

Man, I wish I weren't so sleepy. I switched my multivitamin to one that claims to be good for energy--not working yet. I plan to get up and exercise soon--kind of hard to get into a workout not knowing when the window guy is coming. I guess he might just have to see me sweaty. No biggie. I've already been all over town in my workout clothes (nothing revealing--long pants, sleeveless top with a jacket over it). Only problem is the pants are the tight variety so plenty of people have probably seen my panty lines. Oh well.

Anyway, my workout for today is Amy's ASCII. Love that one! Yesterday I dragged myself through Muscle Max--not sure why it was such a chore--just one of those days, I guess. Today it's mainly my chest that has DOMS.

I seem to have a lot to say for a sleepyhead.

Deb, good luck with P90X+! I have thought about the P90 stuff before but never tried them. I was coming close to caving when I first heard about STS, and that made me decide to wait for that instead. Of course, I've bought plenty of other stuff instead.... Anyway, hope you have a great trip.

Robin, how's the lip today? Benadryl always completely wipes me out. Actually, even stuff that is non-drowsy wipes me out--I'm so susceptible to sleepiness (like right now).

Shelley, how are you feeling now? I'm sorry you had such a rough night--now I feel silly for complaining that I'm tired. I did get sleep, at least!

Jennifer, I have always wanted to go to Prince Edward Island as well--because of the Anne of Green Gables books--but haven't been yet. I haven't even been to Canada yet, though my grandfather was Canadian. Maybe now that I live in NY I'll make it up there.

Shannon, nice to see you! You know we won't hold it against you if you can't catch up. It's completely understandable. We've been doing plenty of yard work here, too--well mainly DH has. Would you believe he actually uses a non-motorized mower? Well, it's not a very big yard anyway and of course it's more lightweight that way.

Leanne, enjoy KPC--that's another favorite of mine. I hope your low back and sides do o.k. My sleep has been fine other than the usual freaky dreams. I always sleep o.k. I just wake up still tired. Maybe I just don't sleep long enough--not sure.

OK, off to perk myself up a bit (coffee maybe, or maybe I'll be good and have some water) and do my workout.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

RE:

Good Morning:)

Yawn...Sounds like everyone is feeling like we need one more day to rest ..:)

Deb, we will miss ya, see you on Wednesday, and I am going to ship you another bottle of the serum, I am so sorry that happened, the leaking and all. Be safe, and see you soon.:)

Robin, (aka, Angelina Jolie :p )...oh, you poor thing! I hope that lip settles down soon. Sounds like you and DH will be busy with Greyor this summer. Wish I lived closer so you could see what a fabulous babysitter I am, I would lend a helping hand!:) I adore kids and was thinking yesterday how I need to surround myself with more youngsters, it makes me happy.

Shelley, oh dear! You poor thing as well.:-( Sounds like you had a horrid night, I hope by this evening you feel better. Like Leanne said, a nap will help if you can swing it, so does chicken noodle soup.:)

Shannon, we missed you this weekend, and yes, pushing that dang mower is an incredible workout, you will probably be really sore!}(

Jennifer, your dinner plans sound yummy...I have never been to Prince Edward Island, it sounds romantic though, are you planning on taking the ex boyfriend?:p

Leanne, ouch! Not your back too.:( I cannot do those twisty things with weight, and have to really concentrate on sucking my abs in when doing any kind of twist otherwise I throw my lower back out. I hope you just strained the muscles, please be careful with the workout today, maybe choose something that doesn't require you to move like that. What about a step workout instead? And yes, I got that link, thank you so much!

Lainie, hey sista, whatcha up to today?:)

Its overcast this morning, the boys came down very late last night..about midnight, DH insisted I stay up and greet them.;( Way past my bedtime for sure, so this morning, I wake up at the same time as usual, but with less sleep, yuk. I ate like a pig yesterday, so will use all those carbs to fuel a leg workout today.

We took the boat out around to the Cornada Island bridge, it was super choppy and I got sick to my stomach-George and I both!;( It was actually kinda funny though. Guess I don't have my "sea stomach" yet. I took some pictures, although did not see any birds yet. Will post the pics later on, they actually turned out okay.:)

BBL....

RE:

Here are some pics we took yesterday, I liked the one of DH and I, so will use it for my avatar...he is so handsome huh?:p

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/tneah/7771996b.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/tneah/38cbae49.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj39/tneah/4c33e500.jpg

It was super windy, and as you can see, I am not wearing my hair styled like Heidi, I find it impossible to straighten anything in this sort of weather.:p It was a fun day even though I got a bit sick.:+

RE:

Hey Tneah, we must have cross-posted somehow. Love your pics. You and the hubby are so cute. What a sexpot you are--blonde and boobalicious. :p Well, I'm blonde with boobs but not sexy like you. I have way too maternal of a waistline still....

OK, just taking a brief break from stepping--better get back to it. I gotta work up to stepping without a stop if I'm going to survive that RT.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=green]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
"If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans."[/font]

RE:

Tneah -- Wow! You and DH look FABULOUS!! Like Lainie said, you look blonde and boobalicious -- and check out all your muscles! WOW, WOW, WOW you look fantastic!! Isn't Coronado beautiful? Have you been to the Hotel Del yet? They have a wonderful restaurant called the Crown Room that is so beautiful, and it's also just a fun place to go walk around in. If you need something fun to do, you should check it out! And thanks for the good idea about doing step today; I may need to do that!

Lainie -- Take some photos before all the house repairs start! It'd be so fun to see the transformation! Don't overdo it with the step today if your ankle is still acting up. I did all of BM2 yesterday, and was thinking that I also will need to kick things up a bit before the RT so I can keep up with all those classes we have ahead of us!

RE:

My! You melters have been busy today.

Shelley, I don't know how I like S&H. Someone sent me a couple of the videos, when they upgraded to DVDs, but I've never done them. I hope you are just tired from a bad night and not coming down with something.

Jennifer, no, I've never been to Prince Edward Island. I've been to Grand Manan Island, which is in the Bay of Fundy. It was lovely.

Shannon, I wondered where you were. My lip doesn't hurt, but gets uncomfortable. It usually just swells on one side of one lip and I look really weird. The benydryl did the trick though. It didn't get as fat as it usually does.

Leanne, hope your abs feel better soon. DD is all done with classes. She is on a field trip to Washington DC today to see some gardens. She has finals the next two weeks, then starts a full time job/internship with a landscaping firm. She really liked her classes this semester, so she was a little blue that they were done. DH says the best three things about teaching are June, July and August, so yes, he's looking forward to being done.

Tneah, thanks for posting the pictures. You are soooo beautiful. Love the biceps. I'm sorry you got seasick. I've only been once and it was on a day that was hot and calm. We were fishing and the boat was just rocking over the swells. I think the rocking along with the heat was too much.

Hi Lainie. LOL at you and your workout clothes around town. I always hated wearing workout stuff out of the house, but DD convinced me that everyone does. At least we DO workout.

I better get back to work. See you all later, after my workout.

RE:

Hi girls!

Still tired here. I actually left the house in my slippers this morning! Luckily I realized at the car.

Jennifer - I've never been to PEI but know lots who have and they absolutely LOVE it.

Shannon - not to worry about checking in on the weekend.

Leanne - apart from the awful pain in your sides, how was Core Blast? Thanks for the opinion on S&H. I think I'd like to get it.

Tneah - sorry you got seasick. I can't even look at the horizon when I run, because I get so motion sick. My dad was in the Navy and one of his captains used to always get really seasick for the first three days out. I guess until he got his sealegs. And girl, you are GORGEOUS! Thanks for the pics! You look amazing. And I love those pants! Where are those from????

Lainie - sorry you're tired too! I'd love to see before and after house pics too!

Robin - LOL about S&H! Well, let me know how you like it:)

RE:

Hey all,

I'm taking a break from grading -- but have to be careful not to make it too long!;-)

Tneah -- After I posted, I realized I forgot to mention that you look GORGEOUS and BEAUTIFUL, just like you are inside! You and DH both do! Oh, yes, those pants are so cute! Let us know where you got them!

Shelley -- Glad you noticed the slippers before you got to work!;-) Hopefully it won't be one of those days. I think you'd like S&H -- I almost like it better than GS even. Maybe check out the previews and see what you think . . . . I did like Tracey's new core video, but only did about 20 minutes of it. I'll try out another segment of it today if my abs can handle it!

Robin -- Is DD studying landscape design? I hope that it's a wonderful day for her to go visiting the gardens! Yes, DH and I didn't go into teaching for the long summer break, but now we sure do love it. We both taught summer school for about eight or so years when we were first married, but now we can afford to take summers off!:)

RE:

Thanks guys, sheesh, I really am a big ole dork and hate pics of myself, but these looked halfway decent..so there ya go.;) And I love the one of DH and I, he's my sweetie.:p

Funny you asked about the pants, because I am the "cargo pant" queen! That is how I dress on a regular basis, cargo's a cool tee or whatever,but anyway, those are from the Gap, last summer! I have not seen them this year, I bought up a bunch of them because they fit so dang cute. But guess what?? I found some equally cute cargo's by "Merona", at Target yesterday and I am going back for more. They are running a bit big, as do the Gap brand. But don't you love cargo's? :7
Check them out...I also got a pair of the cargo shorts, the longer ones, they were only 16 dollars. Gosh I love Target.:p

LOL at Shelley wearing her slippers this morning!:+

RE:

Tneah -- You are beautiful, and so photogenic (tell your DH that he can't say that you aren't!)! I can see the resemblance to Kim Basinger (sp?) for sure!

Now it just so happens that one of my errands this afternoon was to go by Target . . . some cute cargos might be in my future, thanks to Tneah!;-)

Shelley -- If you can't get the pants on-line by you, let me know and I pick some up and mail them to you!

RE:

Hi everyone! Leanne graciously invited me to join your check-in and I am excited to be a part of your supportive group! Thanks Leanne!

I used to post some in the OAL thread last year, but had difficulty keeping up. I am a lousy typist. They are an awesome bunch of women as Shelley and Robin know! Anyway, my name is Kara, I am 36 with a DH and 2 kids (boy-15, girl-10), and live near Nashville. I don’t have a lot of melting to do, but struggle to maintain. Currently, my main goal is to end my consumption of aspartame. Yes, I am addicted to diet soft drinks. I need help!

All of you seem very inspiring and I really need some support! So, mind if I join?

By the way, Tneah, I love your pics. You are gorgeous!

Shelley, I never cared for S&H until I developed tendonitis in my elbow this spring. The slow and controlled movements allowed me to modify and pay close attention to form. The strength gains I made from it made me love it and now I can’t wait to get back to it (I am doing GS for a couple of weeks). So, get it!

I am in the middle of decluttering DD’s room (a looong process) and must resume!

Kara
:) :) :) Ok, so all of my smilies ended up here, WTH????? :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.