Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Suggestions For Cathe's Next Videos/DVDs

Suggestions For Cathe's Next Videos/DVDs Tell Cathe what workout you would like to see her to do next?

Pyramid II (sort of)

This is a discussion on Pyramid II (sort of) within the Suggestions For Cathe's Next Videos/DVDs forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I'd like an upper and lower body workout split which uses the following sets/reps: Chest (for example): Chest Press 12 ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By 7badkitties
  • 2 Post By Swimmer
  • 1 Post By Swimmer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 11:32 AM
7badkitties's Profile Fields

Default Pyramid II (sort of)

I'd like an upper and lower body workout split which uses the following sets/reps:

Chest (for example): Chest Press 12 reps (lightest weight), 10 reps (a little heavier), 8 reps (a little heavier still), 6 reps (heaviest), back to 12 reps (lighter weight) and 12 reps of another Chest Exercise (incline press or something).

Each muscle group (Back, Biceps, etc.) would go thru that type of set/rep pattern but with just that one full round and then you're done with that muscle group. Lower Body - same thing, Squat, 12, 10, 8, 6, 12, 12. The last set of 12 is a different exercise for that same muscle group.

I did this type of weight training, which I learned from the Body for Life book, about 13-14 years ago or so and got great results. The speed wasn't as fast as Cathe's Pyramid nor as slow as her Slow and Heavy, somewhere in between. You took maybe a 30 second or 1 minute (can't remember now) rest in between sets. Weights were 3 days per week, so some weeks you did legs twice, the next week was upper body twice. The speed of the workout was nice because I could go really heavy. There was no video, it was just what I read in a book. Cardio was a type of HiiT for 20 minutes 3 times a week (I did that on a stationary bike). Core was 1 round of 12, 10, etc. when I did the lower body weights.

Of course I could do this again on my own, but I have a Cathe addiction so must do a Cathe workout everyday Also, I think Cathe could improve on this and add her special Cathe magic to make it super fun and motivating.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Thats sounds like a good workout.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:08 AM
kanga's Profile Fields

Really like the sound of this kind of workout and the speed pattern. Great suggestion.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Cathlete
CeciFifi's Profile Fields

I did the Body for Life routine a few years back and I shed weight so quickly on it. It's effective. I didn't shift anything in my diet. I would love a Body for Life routine (pyramid sort of) workout for both upper and lower.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Catheite

Sounds great. I would love something like this!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Cathlete
CeciFifi's Profile Fields

I just finished doing PUB twice this week - despite having hundreds of workouts to choose from. Why oh why does Cathe not make more pyramid type workouts? Why? They are sooooo well loved, used and talked about, here and on VF!!!! Still - after all these years. She even makes reference on the DVD that "this is an upper body tape"!!! It's an old one but an amazing one. Why Cathe? Why????????????????????? not????????????????
Old 07-13-2013, 09:46 AM
Cathlete

Let's not forget Pyramid LOWER Body, as well. I have to agree w/all here, Cathe's pyramid DVDs are very effective.

I have to admit to enjoying the more traditional gym-style strength tapes (S&H, PUB/PLB, Gym Style, STS Strength, Burns Sets, etc) more than the ones that use more "functional" types that require a stability ball or being in a plank position. I find it more difficult to focus on working the target muscles, particularly now that I'm a geezer.
Shericbuck and tslop49 like this.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Shericbuck's Profile Fields

BUMPING! I love this idea.

Sherry
Old 02-13-2014, 08:20 AM
Cathlete

I love this idea. Traditional exercises, too (please, nothing on the stability ball). For LB, offer both a regular heavy weight workout and a plyo workout. She could incorporate this into a STS program... (am I greedy or what?)

Cathe could compliment this with cardio workouts using the same concept. Something like a combo of X10 & HiiT/Double Pyramid---low impact versions, mixed impact, boot camp, metabolic low impact, metabolic high impact, kickbox w/gloves, heavy bag, etc.
Shericbuck likes this.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Cathlete
Bubachick's Profile Fields

I love your idea 7badkitties of the pyramid 2 (sort of) work out!
Brilliant!!!

Brigitte